Toshiba C55-B5202 Deal:

Toshiba Satellite 15.6" Laptop w/ Intel Celeron 2.15GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Win. 8.1 OS (C55-B5202)

Expired
Toshiba Satellite 15.6" Laptop w/ Intel Celeron 2.15GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Win. 8.1 OS (C55-B5202)
$228.99
Free Shipping

Shop Now ►   Best Buy
1.5% Cash Back
1.5% Cash Back for FatWallet members on this purchase!
» What is Cash Back?
» Cash Back Details
.
More Best Buy Offers

3.6/5 stars based on 14 customer reviews.

  • 15.6" Display
  • Intel Celeron 2.16GHz Processor
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500GB HDD
  • 1MB Cache
  • Optical drive not included
  • Windows 8.1 OS
  • 1-Yr. Limited Warranty
Thanks for sharing, FatWallet member knowit2!  
Pricing and availability may have changed since this deal was posted.

  • filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Seems like a good deal on a low priced laptop.

Linky 

Toshiba - Satellite 15.6" Laptop - Intel Celeron - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Jet Black

Product FeaturesIntelŽ CeleronŽ processor N2830Features a 1MB cache and 2.16GHz processor speed with IntelŽ Burst up to 2.41GHz.
4GB DDR3L memoryFor multitasking power.
Note: Optical drive not includedCompatible with optional external recordable CD/DVD drives (not included).
15.6" LED-backlit TFT high-definition widescreen displayWith TruBrite technology, 1366 x 768 native resolution and native support for 720p content showcases media in sharp clarity.
500GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.
Mobile IntelŽ HD graphicsFeature shared video memory for lush visuals.
An HDMI output enables flexible connectivity.Built-in high-definition webcam with microphoneMakes it easy to video chat with loved ones.
Multiformat media readerSupports Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, SDXC, miniSD, microSD and MultiMediaCard formats (may require adapter for use, not included).
1 USB 3.0 port and 2 USB 2.0 portsFor fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)Allows you to connect to the Internet without wires.
Built-in 10/100 Ethernet LANWith RJ-45 connector for quick and simple wired Web access.
Weighs 4.9 lbs. and measures just 1.1" thinFor easy portability.
A standard keyboard with 10-keypad enables comfortable typing and data entry.
Textured resin finish in jet blackOffers a stylish look.
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit operating system preinstalledProvides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.
 

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

Toshiba - Satellite 15.6" Laptop (17.27kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I know it says no DVD drive, but what's that slot in the 2nd pic?

AcidSpectrum (Jul. 10, 2014 @ 1:13a) |

Bestbuys specs have been known to be wrong.
Currently the Gusto 3 Verzion prepaid is listed as having 2 cams and it does ... (more)

yesidonoitall (Jul. 10, 2014 @ 1:21a) |

I bought this for my dad. Not a bad laptop for the price!

erohrer (Jul. 12, 2014 @ 7:14p) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Was even better when it was $219.99 a week ago. Nine bucks is nine bucks.

rated:
I'm so used to built in DVD drives.

rated:
c3688t said:   I'm so used to built in DVD drives.
  My latest laptop does not have one.  I was never a big DVD watcher on a laptop so I haven't missed it.  I think its a trend that will continue.  Saves money and makes them thinner and lighter.

rated:
c3688t said:   I'm so used to built in DVD drives.
  Mine doesn't have one as well. I had to admit, I don't use it very much either, and since it kept down the price of the laptop, I'm not complaining either. 

rated:
These should be under $200 by now (with these specs), but re/etail keeps bumping them up so as to not confuse people with Chrome books by google.. that and to keep profits higher. Low end laptops could easily be $150 too with even lower specs).

rated:
Almost pulled the trigger. But frys usually has these with almost the exact same specs + dvd burner for 10 dollars more every other week. Really need that drive for classware.

rated:
Informant said:   Almost pulled the trigger. But frys usually has these with almost the exact same specs + dvd burner for 10 dollars more every other week. Really need that drive for classware.
  link?

rated:
RookieBuc said:   
Informant said:   Almost pulled the trigger. But frys usually has these with almost the exact same specs + dvd burner for 10 dollars more every other week. Really need that drive for classware.
  link?

  http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1375209/

rated:
Celery processors, only good for salads.

rated:
spare laptop for the kids

rated:
Acer had a nearly identical model at Fry's for $199. Seems to be Intel's temporary answer to budget tablets until they get their new generation out.

Really, really like that Acer version. It's within elbow reach of me right now.

rated:
tmc80tmc said:   These should be under $200 by now (with these specs), but re/etail keeps bumping them up so as to not confuse people with Chrome books by google.. that and to keep profits higher. Low end laptops could easily be $150 too with even lower specs).
  Windows is what keeps them higher then chromebooks...

rated:
still trying to avoid windows 8, even if it's 'new and improved 8.1"

rated:
does windows 8.1 run fine on intel Celeron?

rated:
ppanamared said:   
tmc80tmc said:   These should be under $200 by now (with these specs), but re/etail keeps bumping them up so as to not confuse people with Chrome books by google.. that and to keep profits higher. Low end laptops could easily be $150 too with even lower specs).
  Windows is what keeps them higher then chromebooks...

chromebooks aside, people keep factoring out things like R&D, marketing, etc. there's only so much that's really reasonable regarding price and such

and yes, windows will make them more expensive. which is a pain because it's the first thing that i remove from a new PC  

rated:
polishdreamer said:   Celery processors, only good for salads.  

HAHA yeah celeron is so old now

rated:
georgejane8 said:   
polishdreamer said:   Celery processors, only good for salads.
  

HAHA yeah celeron is so old now

it's the name of the product line. a lot of technological advances have happened over the years

just because something is called a "ford mustang" doesn't mean that it's literally the same car as in the 60s  

rated:
morecowbell said:   georgejane8 said:   
polishdreamer said:   Celery processors, only good for salads.
  

HAHA yeah celeron is so old now

it's the name of the product line. a lot of technological advances have happened over the years

just because something is called a "ford mustang" doesn't mean that it's literally the same car as in the 60s  


I think that it has to do more with stigma than anything else. While Celeron may have made improvements over time, I still wouldn't get one.

Just like if a new Pinto were released this year, I wouldn't buy one.

rated:
morecowbell said:   
georgejane8 said:   
polishdreamer said:   Celery processors, only good for salads.
  

HAHA yeah celeron is so old now

it's the name of the product line. a lot of technological advances have happened over the years

just because something is called a "ford mustang" doesn't mean that it's literally the same car as in the 60s  

 Bad analogy - the new Mustang is based off of Australia's Ford Falcon, and may be even better than the one in the 60s.

I'd compare Celeron more to America. Started off unstable, but became a great deal.

rated:
bru20 said:   
c3688t said:   I'm so used to built in DVD drives.
  My latest laptop does not have one.  I was never a big DVD watcher on a laptop so I haven't missed it.  I think its a trend that will continue.  Saves money and makes them thinner and lighter.

  
RE:
Saves money and makes them thinner and lighter.


And allows a much longer battery life claim....
 

rated:
polishdreamer said:   Celery processors, only good for salads.
  

Nothing but old school thinking, real old school....
Celeron based models are perfect for many, if not most........

rated:
I remember well Leo Laprote talking of the Celeron that was made cheap by removing the L2 cache whatever that is.
However which was that one the 300 or the 300a?

rated:
So performance-wise ARM are crap but boy are they great.
But a 486 Celeron 64bit 1.7gz boy that's crap.
My Dell has a Celeron 64 bit B820 and it works just fine. It starts up Win 8.1 in under a minute and works perfect for open office, FTP client, NotePad +++. I really don't know what I need a better processor for?

Basically this is a full-functioning laptop you could run a small web development business on for $229 (my Dell with the B820 cost $240) and yet the complaints. But a $200+ tablet basically a netflix viewer with half the screen size is great.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   I remember well Leo Laprote talking of the Celeron that was made cheap by removing the L2 cache whatever that is.
However which was that one the 300 or the 300a?

Those days are ancient history.  A modern mobile Celeron is basically a mobile i3 without hyperthreading, with 2 MB L3 cache instead of 3 MB, and older HD graphics instead of modern HD4x00 graphics.  It has the same L2 cache as a mobile i7 - 256 kB per core.

There are a lot of miscellaneous features missing (VT-d, AES, TXT, etc), but the vast majority of people don't need them.  If you want a basic laptop for office tasks, email, and web browsing, a Celeron is just fine.  Heck, I've seem some old Core 2 Duo laptops that do fine for those tasks.  I would say sufficient RAM and a SSD are far more important for most people than Celeron vs. i3 or i5.

rated:
knowit2 said:   So performance-wise ARM are crap but boy are they great.
But a 486 Celeron 64bit 1.7gz boy that's crap.
My Dell has a Celeron 64 bit B820 and it works just fine. It starts up Win 8.1 in under a minute and works perfect for open office, FTP client, NotePad +++. I really don't know what I need a better processor for?

Basically this is a full-functioning laptop you could run a small web development business on for $229 (my Dell with the B820 cost $240) and yet the complaints. But a $200+ tablet basically a netflix viewer with half the screen size is great.

  FYI
It starts up Win 8.1 in under a minute


Start up time haS LITTLE RELEVANCE TO PROCESSOR SPEED...
 

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
polishdreamer said:   Celery processors, only good for salads.
  

Nothing but old school thinking, real old school....
Celeron based models are perfect for many, if not most........

  
Attached to inferior screens & hardware, better off paying a little extra for many times the performance.

rated:
polishdreamer said:   
yesidonoitall said:   
polishdreamer said:   Celery processors, only good for salads.
  

Nothing but old school thinking, real old school....
Celeron based models are perfect for many, if not most........

  
Attached to inferior screens & hardware, better off paying a little extra for many times the performance.
 

  re:
  better off paying a little extra for many times the performance.


WELL         (IN JEST)
I am still getting from point a to point b in my model t and so are you in your Rolls.....

rated:
asuka said:   
morecowbell said:   
georgejane8 said:   
polishdreamer said:   Celery processors, only good for salads.
  

HAHA yeah celeron is so old now

it's the name of the product line. a lot of technological advances have happened over the years

just because something is called a "ford mustang" doesn't mean that it's literally the same car as in the 60s  

 Bad analogy - the new Mustang is based off of Australia's Ford Falcon, and may be even better than the one in the 60s.

I'd compare Celeron more to America. Started off unstable, but became a great deal.

that's twice you said that something started out one way and then became better. so i guess it wasn't such a bad analogy after all

also, the new mustang seems based off the 1969 mustang. altho it may have similarities with both, seeing as how the mustang itself was largely based off the falcon anyway. i know that i enjoy mine

either way, the analogy was just an analogy and didn't really need to go any further than to say that something that shares a name doesn't have to be the same animal. which it did.

rated:
Solandri said:   
yesidonoitall said:   I remember well Leo Laprote talking of the Celeron that was made cheap by removing the L2 cache whatever that is.
However which was that one the 300 or the 300a?

Those days are ancient history.  A modern mobile Celeron is basically a mobile i3 without hyperthreading, with 2 MB L3 cache instead of 3 MB, and older HD graphics instead of modern HD4x00 graphics.  It has the same L2 cache as a mobile i7 - 256 kB per core.

There are a lot of miscellaneous features missing (VT-d, AES, TXT, etc), but the vast majority of people don't need them.  If you want a basic laptop for office tasks, email, and web browsing, a Celeron is just fine.  Heck, I've seem some old Core 2 Duo laptops that do fine for those tasks.  I would say sufficient RAM and a SSD are far more important for most people than Celeron vs. i3 or i5.

  
All of the above WOULD be true, IF... it were a "real" Core-based Celeron. Sadly, it is not.

IntelŽ CeleronŽ processor N2830 - this is an Atom CPU, not Core. Atom has much slower single-threaded performance than Core-based Celerons.

Basically, this is the Celeron of Celerons.

rated:
c3688t said:   I'm so used to built in DVD drives.
  
I know it says no DVD drive, but what's that slot in the 2nd pic? 

rated:
AcidSpectrum said:   
c3688t said:   I'm so used to built in DVD drives.
  
I know it says no DVD drive, but what's that slot in the 2nd pic? 

  Bestbuys specs have been known to be wrong.
Currently the Gusto 3 Verzion prepaid is listed as having 2 cams and it does not.....been like that since day one of them selling it.....
It is $12.88 at WM, way less than BB.

rated:
I bought this for my dad. Not a bad laptop for the price!

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014