LG 60PB6650 Deal:

LG (60PB6650) 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma Smart TV + $250 eGift Card

Expired
LG (60PB6650) 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma Smart TV + $250 eGift Card
$749.99
(was $1,099.99)
Free Shipping

Shop Now ►   Dell Consumer
1.5% Cash Back
1.5% Cash Back for FatWallet members on this purchase!
» What is Cash Back?
» Cash Back Details
.
More Dell Consumer Offers
  • 60" Plasma 1080p HDTV (1920 x 1080)
  • 600Hz Refresh Rate
  • 3 HDMI Ports and 3 USB Ports
  • 54.8 x 34.7 x 13.4 Inces (w/ stand)
  • 1 Year Warranty


4.3/5 Stars based on 20 customer reviews on Amazon

Thanks for sharing, FatWallet member ctgolfer!  
Pricing and availability may have changed since this deal was posted.

  • filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Resolution: 1920x1080
Refresh Rate: 600Hz
Built-in WiFi
Inputs
3x HDMI
1x Component
1x Composite (shared w/ Component)
3x USB


http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A78517...

More deals in the official Dell Home coupon thread.
Dell Consumer
See Dell Consumer discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

60PB6650 (129.36kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
A nice link....should make ppl realize that while you are saving money buying an LED, on your electric bill, the differe... (more)

dgoedken (Aug. 27, 2014 @ 1:51p) |

Bingo! Green for you. That is the basically the same list i used when getting my TVs.

MarsdenFubar (Aug. 27, 2014 @ 2:18p) |

No gift card. Dell agent in chat said gift card offer has expired.

ConnerVT (Aug. 28, 2014 @ 6:02p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
600 hz? Sounds kinda high..

rated:
chaddi said:   600 hz? Sounds kinda high..
  This is normal for plasma.  

rated:
4.3/5 Stars based on 20 customer reviews on Amazon.

rated:
leprechanmonkie said:   
chaddi said:   600 hz? Sounds kinda high..
  This is normal for plasma.  

  
http://www.cnet.com/news/what-is-refresh-rate/

(answer thanks to google) 

rated:
LED is best right now for reliable and energy saving.

Plasma is not known for energy saving.

rated:
WorkerAnt said:   LED is best right now for reliable and energy saving.

Plasma is not known for energy saving.

  
Nope. They are known for the best picture quality though.

Depending on how much TV you watch, maybe a 1-2 dollar difference on your electric bill, if you live in California. If you live in the midwest, probably 25 cents difference. 

rated:
plasma is the way to go as long as you don't live a mile high!

rated:
Plasmas still get you the best picture other than OLED and you get unlimited viewing angle and inky black. This unit is similar to 60PB6600 which is highly rated by Consumer Reports. 6650 has built-in WiFi. I have one of these and it has been a great set. The energy consumption is much reduced compared to older plasmas.

rated:
Amazon reviews say there is noticeable lag input when used for gaming. I ordered one, then called Dell to cancel for that reason. They offered me another $75 gift card when I canceled if anyone wants to attempt that.

rated:
zirconx said:   
WorkerAnt said:   LED is best right now for reliable and energy saving.

Plasma is not known for energy saving.

  
Nope. They are known for the best picture quality though.

Depending on how much TV you watch, maybe a 1-2 dollar difference on your electric bill, if you live in California. If you live in the midwest, probably 25 cents difference. 

  
I have to take a closer look at plasma vs LED.  But so far I don't see any different with my nude and sexy eyes. 

Lets not throw in all the "if".  Electric is measure in watt, so lets use that.  My 60" LED is measured 52 watt, what's your plasma measured?  (using kill a watt)  I set mine on medium in eco mode.  On high it'll reduce to about 25 watt.  I would do high if I watch tv at night with light off.  I never need to turn off the eco, but I did try and I think it jump to 90 watt.

rated:
Sounds a good deal. 60'' screen is big enough and can enjoy a feeling just like watching in the cinema.

rated:
Someone at Dell really, really wants to turn my house into a sports bar.

rated:
^ more like hooking you in with all the GCs. Buying more and more.

rated:
just did a bit more digging on the energy. My LED TV is estimated at $10 while this plasma is $31.

Here's the LED I have. http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=d...

The same size and everything and even make by LG. Beside the plasma parts, I think everything behind it is the same.
I paid $1k for that LED TV, while this you are paying only $500 so a huge price different. A good deal still.

rated:
spckang said:   plasma is the way to go as long as you don't live a mile high!
  
That's not as much of a problem as it used to be. I live at 5000ft, just under a mile, and I have an old Panasonic 42" plasma I got from Costco around 2008ish and a newer Panasonic 50" smart plasma, and both work great.

rated:
I bought 2 of these in the last year for around $650 (after selling the gift cards) and they are AWESOME. I have purchased 3 plasmas (myself, parents, etc) and they are inexpensive and have great picture.

rated:
WorkerAnt said:   LED is best right now for reliable and energy saving.

Plasma is not known for energy saving.



I have the 50" LG plasma and its rated to use 17 bucks in power per year. I think this compares very favorably with any LED. And the picture is BETTER.

rated:
chaddi said:   600 hz? Sounds kinda high..
  Faster is better.

rated:
For those who are power conscience.......Link

rated:
edwardweitzel said:   
WorkerAnt said:   LED is best right now for reliable and energy saving.

Plasma is not known for energy saving.



I have the 50" LG plasma and its rated to use 17 bucks in power per year. I think this compares very favorably with any LED. And the picture is BETTER.

  
Bring your TV over, we'll compare.  LOL  I already make a note to myself checking them out closely next time i'm in the store.  It won't be any time soon, I hardly go to the store the sell TVs.  I visit homedepot a lot though.

rated:
WorkerAnt said:   
leprechanmonkie said:   
chaddi said:   600 hz? Sounds kinda high..
  This is normal for plasma.  

  
http://www.cnet.com/news/what-is-refresh-rate/ 

(answer thanks to google) 


  Just for general interest, 600hz subfield drive isn't the same as refresh. Where a refresh is how many times the screen is refreshed with a new frame, subfield drive is basically how many times a power pulse is sent to a pixel to keep it lit during each frame. For a 60hz refresh rate on a plasma TV w/ a 600hz subfield drive, 10 pulses are sent every second to keep the pixel from losing light in between frames, supposedly making the refresh look smoother than on an LCD with no subfield drive.

here's a link with a similar rundown: http://hometheater.about.com/od/televisionbasics/qt/What_A_Plasm... 

rated:
If you live near a Micro Center store, check their prices for a 60 inch LG Plasma smart TV. If they have any in stock, they've frequently sold them for $399. May not be the exact same model so do compare. Typically this was a B&M deal not available online. YMMV. I bought one earlier this year and really like it - great picture and viewing angles.

rated:
One flaw with Plasma TVs is the glass front, which creates quite a bit of glare if you have it in a space with lots of light. Not a huge issue, but something to keep in mind.

Edit to note: I own two plasma TVs and love them.

rated:
Atariman56 said:   For those who are power conscience.......https://www.rtings.com/info/lcd-vs-led-vs-plasma/power-consumption-and-electricity-cost
  

A nice link....should make ppl realize that while you are saving money buying an LED, on your electric bill, the difference in cost of an LED .v. Plasma will take YEARS and YEARS to reach parity.  You'll most probably replace it with a nicer/bigger/thinner/faster/etc model WAY before you reach that point.  

Real ?s ppl should ask themselves are:
1. How much light will be in the room?  i.e. Plasma's glass will cause glare..if in a basement or decent blinds/curtains, you'll get a real cinema feel though
2. How many in/outputs does the TV have and is it sufficient for your needs today and in the next 5 yrs?
3. How far away will you be sitting from the TV?  
4. What resolution (720p, 1080p, 4k) do you need?  Most TV stations aren't pushing 4k (any??)  I.e. if you're not subscribed to a package that is pushing the higher resolution, you *probably* don't need the TV

Anyone remember 3D TVs?  In short, TVs are awash in new tech, not all of which really are needed by a majority of the buyers.  The newest are curved TVs...To me, it's a gimmick

Good luck, be safe, buy smart. 

rated:
dgoedken said:   
Atariman56 said:   For those who are power conscience.......https://www.rtings.com/info/lcd-vs-led-vs-plasma/power-consumption-and-electricity-cost
  

A nice link....should make ppl realize that while you are saving money buying an LED, on your electric bill, the difference in cost of an LED .v. Plasma will take YEARS and YEARS to reach parity.  You'll most probably replace it with a nicer/bigger/thinner/faster/etc model WAY before you reach that point.  

Real ?s ppl should ask themselves are:
1. How much light will be in the room?  i.e. Plasma's glass will cause glare..if in a basement or decent blinds/curtains, you'll get a real cinema feel though
2. How many in/outputs does the TV have and is it sufficient for your needs today and in the next 5 yrs?
3. How far away will you be sitting from the TV?  
4. What resolution (720p, 1080p, 4k) do you need?  Most TV stations aren't pushing 4k (any??)  I.e. if you're not subscribed to a package that is pushing the higher resolution, you *probably* don't need the TV

Anyone remember 3D TVs?  In short, TVs are awash in new tech, not all of which really are needed by a majority of the buyers.  The newest are curved TVs...To me, it's a gimmick

Good luck, be safe, buy smart. 

  Bingo! Green for you. That is the basically the same list i used when getting my TVs. 

rated:
No gift card. Dell agent in chat said gift card offer has expired.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014