Nokia Lumia 520 Deal:

Nokia Lumia 520 GoPhone Windows 8 Prepaid Smartphone (AT&T) + Case

Expired
Nokia Lumia 520 GoPhone Windows 8 Prepaid Smartphone (AT&T) + Case
$59.00
(Compare at $75.00)
Free Shipping

Shop Now ►   Microsoft Store
4.0% Cash Back
4.0% Cash Back for FatWallet members on this purchase!
» What is Cash Back?
.
More Microsoft Store Offers

Includes free case with purchase.

 

  • Windows 8 OS
  • 4" Touchscreen
  • 5MP Camera
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Dual-Core Processor
  • 8GB Internal Storage
Thanks for sharing, FatWallet member MrsGuin!  
Pricing and availability may have changed since this deal was posted.

  • filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Microsoft Store
See Microsoft Store coupons that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

No Contract Nokia Lumia 520 for AT&T (57.04kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer

Nokia Lumia 520 (78.09kB)
Thanks st4rdust
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Nice deal and a free case makes it even sweeter

rated:
520 does not have 4G LTE, correct?

rated:
Don't think of unlocking this phone. It's incredibly hard

rated:
cr3s said:   520 does not have 4G LTE, correct?
  I believe you are 99.99% right.

rated:
Thanks OP. Got one.

W.r.t the comment about unlocking the phone, it is quite expensive on eBay/cellunlocker but i had purchased a phone about 6 months ago from RadioShack and was able to unlock it today directly from AT&T website. I did not use it as a GoPhone but had plugged my regular ATT sim card in it for a day just to test when i had bought the phone, so YMMV but one may easily unlock the phone this way if waiting 6 months is an option

rated:
i just ordered one Friday for 59 without the case.  I guess the redeeming part of that is I looked at the cases offered and I wouldn't use either of the ones given.  From what I've been reading, this is a solid phone for the price.  For people who haven't been following, the phone was $50 last week, and could be that low again if you don't mind waiting a bit.

rated:
Deal's still going!

rated:
been using it for a couple days now. awesome phone! (coming from an iphone 3gs).  I don't have a data plan and only use it with wifi.  the phone is quick and light!  my case cost me 6 bucks and screen protectors were like 6 for $5 or something.

rated:
Is there a way to set this phone up so that you don't get charged for data plan (no data). I was just reading on a forum that someone said that they set it up as no data but it doesn't mention if he got charged for a data plan.

Also I guess you take your sim card and cut it in half and stick it in this or something.

Right now I have a phone with no data plan and a regular sized sim card from at&t.

rated:
To turn off data, go into SETTINGS/CELLULAR, and turn off DATA CONNECTION. You can still access the internet via WiFi at any WiFi Hotspot.

rated:
rendition said:   Is there a way to set this phone up so that you don't get charged for data plan (no data). I was just reading on a forum that someone said that they set it up as no data but it doesn't mention if he got charged for a data plan.

Also I guess you take your sim card and cut it in half and stick it in this or something.

Right now I have a phone with no data plan and a regular sized sim card from at&t.

  I would say NO, big NO but you can do it at your own risk.
  Like you, I love to get this phone used with wifi only, I understand that I need to turn OFF mobile data in the settings. I did ask AT&T rep. and they told me that AT&T would know what phone I'm using by scanning IMEI# and automatically add the data package to my plan. Were they telling me the truth or just trying to scare me? I don't know but I don't want to take risk. You can try on your own. Be prepared!

rated:
Anyway, for Lumia 520 users, strongly suggesting you to update the OS to Windows 8.1.
It's way way better with a lot more feature, one stands out is the notification.

rated:
pianoCM said:   
rendition said:   Is there a way to set this phone up so that you don't get charged for data plan (no data). I was just reading on a forum that someone said that they set it up as no data but it doesn't mention if he got charged for a data plan.

Also I guess you take your sim card and cut it in half and stick it in this or something.

Right now I have a phone with no data plan and a regular sized sim card from at&t.

  I would say NO, big NO but you can do it at your own risk.
  Like you, I love to get this phone used with wifi only, I understand that I need to turn OFF mobile data in the settings. I did ask AT&T rep. and they told me that AT&T would know what phone I'm using by scanning IMEI# and automatically add the data package to my plan. Were they telling me the truth or just trying to scare me? I don't know but I don't want to take risk. You can try on your own. Be prepared!

  
This is more than likely true.  One time I repaired a Blackberry phone (just to tinker with) it turned out perfect so I tested it with my SIM and then sold it on eBay.  I got the bill in the mail and AT&T automatically tacks on the lowest data plan package.  I called them up and told them I was working on someone's phone (which basically was true anyway since someone else used to own it) and they removed the data plan.  I kept my SIM in the non data phone.

What I have noticed in the real world is, especially with kids, people often tell me to get a data plan when I have absolutely no use for one.  If I need a tablet on the go, guess what the iphone is too small for what I do so I bring an actual tablet.  If I had a way to have a modern phone without the data then that would work well. I guess one could always just do the pre-paid however this web site doesn't even explain how their pre-paid works.  I haven't used a pre-paid phone before.  I guess that is one thing I go to at&t web site and look up.

I could afford data plan and all, but what is the point when everywhere you go, you end up at an internet connection with a full laptop with keyboard or PC.  Sounds like a waste of cash to me.  Plus everyone's kid these days has an iphone and it isn't really that special.

rated:
It depends on each person.
I have the lowest one, 200MB and my average usage a month is about 70MB.
At home, there is wifi. At work, there is wifi. Driving, there is no need to use internet, it's 20-minute drive between home-work anyway.
70MB used for checking scores or quick search on Google Maps when I'm not at home or at work.
Oh, btw, there are free wifi at the airports, on the train too.

rated:
{maybe dumb question}
how is this as a pure wifi "iPod Touch" like device?
I recently bought itouch 5 32GB for one kid.
Can I get this for the other kid? (Google Voice, google hangout, youtube, games etc)

rated:
I don't see why it wouldn't.  It is a Windows 8 mobile device and has a dual 1ghz cpu which is more than a lot of the older tablets have.  Just do some searches and see what apps are available for it before you buy.  I would assume that the popular apps you mentioned are ported to it already.  Google likes to have their apps on a wide variety of devices so more people use their stuff.  Companies like that enjoy remaining platform independent.

These are catching on with young people because they are implementing features from Halo into the phone for some of the speech.  They are good phones.

Quick web search, here you go:

http://www.wpcentral.com/need-google-voice-client-windows-phone-... 

http://voipnina.com/google-hangouts-for-windows-8-pc-and-mobile-...

http://www.windows8app.net/tag/youtube-mobile/

http://www.windows8app.net/category/entertainment/ 

rated:
Thanks OP!

rated:
$54.83 (no case included) here, and no sales tax for a lot.
http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-Lumia-520-GoPhone-AT/dp/B00E45043A/r...

rated:
Put one of these on the $45 unlimited Straight Talk plan earlier this year, still works great. Gave it to my teen son, no complaints.

Since the settings were difficult to initially get fully working, I posted on ST forums my settings and instructions. 

Has worked flawlessly ever since.  Also, since it's tightly integrated with Onedrive, I can log on to Onedrive website and see the phones location when needed, etc.

rated:
pianoCM said:   Anyway, for Lumia 520 users, strongly suggesting you to update the OS to Windows 8.1.
It's way way better with a lot more feature, one stands out is the notification.


We will, when it's officially released for the 520...

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014