Namecheap Cash Back is currently not available for this merchant.
Shop Now ►
Most Helpful Positive Review
by jonathan2007 on March 25th, 2012
I have purchased many domains through Namecheap and also transferred in many domains. Their customer service has always been great and their control panel is very easy to navigate. Their prices may be a little higher than other places but in my opinion, they are worth it.
Most Helpful Negative Review
buyer beware namecheap
by efpoiuytrewq on October 22nd, 2011
I will leave out the commentary and just give you the facts. Buyer beware…
1. Made sure all the domain contact information was updated. Grab’d the ECC code. Plugged in the credit card and the transfers were flawless… dig/nslookup/whois all responding nicely! In the same transaction I setup hosting for one of the domains and I received an email that said 6 hours to provision.
2. Logged in the next day to start pushing out content for the web hosting and the account is locked.
3. Received 3 emails.
First email: my account is locked because of possible fraud around my CC and transaction.
Second email: userid and password to there ticket support site. (the userid and password in clear text)
Third email: my account will be cancelled if I do not send a “photograph of both sides” of my CC through the email.
4. I responded to the third email inquiring about the “indicators” that determined the fraud. I also told them that I will not send my CC through the email to anyone, nor do I know anyone who would.
5. The response I received was the same as the original email. I logged on to their “live help” system and expressed my thoughts about security and my CC. I was told that they are not authorized to assist me (heard this several times), I should contact the fraud department. I ask for the number, and I was told there are no phone numbers. (seriously)
6. I responded to the fourth email stating again that I will not send my CC through the email and I would like to know what indicated fraud. I receive another email stating that I will be cancelled if I don’t send my CC. If its cancelled, my domains do not go back to godaddy and I am unable to manage them at namecheap.com.
7. With bile in my throat and defeat in my eyes, I sent a photograph of CC… and I am back in business. When I recover from the beatings I will do more research and vacate namecheap.com.
So, am a paranoid person? Are there hackers on the wire ready to do unspeakable, nefarious acts with my CC? No and No (maybe).
I communicated with several people at namecheap.com via email and live chat. What troubled me the most, is that not one person I communicated with seemed troubled about me sending my CC through unencrypted email. They couldn’t even provide me with an alternative, such as a FAX. This company is hosting your data, your websites, your credit card information, SOX, HIPPA, and other critical information.
This indicates a disregard for security at namecheap.com embedded in their culture.
In 2011, companies as well as consumers should guard their data.
I have all my domains with this company. Why you ask? Because of the price. I was with godaddy for the longest time, but they lost my business because their prices keep going higher and higher... and lest i forget to mention the idiotic company they deal with domainsbyproxy for their whois blocker. Worse company ever to deal with. My hosting is with ipage, but that's another story. For Namecheap.com they are the best around.
Earn Cash Back while you shop - just 3 simple steps.
1. Sign Up so we know who to pay! (It's FREE.)
2. Shop through FatWallet for deals from your favorite stores. Your online purchases earn Cash Back that builds in your FatWallet account.
3. Get Paid by requesting a payment via check or PayPal.
FatWallet coupons help you save more when shopping online. Use our Coupons Search to browse coupons and offers from thousands of stores, gathered into one convenient location.
As part of our FatWallet Community, you can share deals with almost a million shoppers in our forums. Forum content is generated by consumers for consumers. Share deals, money-saving tips, and more. It's FREE, fun, and addicting.
Our customer experience team is here around the clock - real people ready to assist.