Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger (PC Digital Download)

Expired
Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger (PC Digital Download)
Free
(was $4.99)

Shop Now ►   Origin powered by EA
More Origin powered by EA Offers
Pricing and availability may have changed since this deal was posted.

  • filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Origin has the Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger (PC Digital Download) for FREE. Offer ends 09/02/2014

Origin powered by EA
Need a Origin powered by EA coupon that earns Up to 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
WC is one of the best series I have played. Always fun and remind us of the old school days.

rated:
Mark Hammil!
Which girl path did you choose? Ginger Lynn or the other one.

rated:
I remember this game... And its like 9 CDs.

*Edit*

I guess it was just 4. But with all the live action cutscenes it felt like 9.

rated:
OMG! Talk about a blast from the past!  And the fact that I don't remember getting to play WC3...

Others at the time were Prince of Persia and the Star Wars (xwing, tie fighter, etc).

rated:
Nice how these EA free game deals last for more than a day.

rated:
rsuaver said:   OMG! Talk about a blast from the past!  And the fact that I don't remember getting to play WC3...

Others at the time were Prince of Persia and the Star Wars (xwing, tie fighter, etc).

  I preferred xwing/tie fighter, but this was a great series too. I particularly loved WC3, WC4 and Privateer. Question is, how do I play this now that I don't have a joystick for a PC any more... do they even make them now a days? 

rated:
Yuyak said:   
rsuaver said:   OMG! Talk about a blast from the past!  And the fact that I don't remember getting to play WC3...

Others at the time were Prince of Persia and the Star Wars (xwing, tie fighter, etc).

  I preferred xwing/tie fighter, but this was a great series too. I particularly loved WC3, WC4 and Privateer. Question is, how do I play this now that I don't have a joystick for a PC any more... do they even make them now a days? 

  
OMG this is bringing back the memories...joysticks hahaha. MICROSOFT SIDEWINDER 3D! 

rated:
No need for me to download. I still have the CDs.

rated:
jplee3 said:   
Yuyak said:   
rsuaver said:   OMG! Talk about a blast from the past!  And the fact that I don't remember getting to play WC3...

Others at the time were Prince of Persia and the Star Wars (xwing, tie fighter, etc).

  I preferred xwing/tie fighter, but this was a great series too. I particularly loved WC3, WC4 and Privateer. Question is, how do I play this now that I don't have a joystick for a PC any more... do they even make them now a days? 

  
OMG this is bringing back the memories...joysticks hahaha. MICROSOFT SIDEWINDER 3D! 

  
I still have my Logitech WingMan.  But sucker requires joystick port so could never use it.  At one point I was looking at a USB to joystick port adapter but never did.  Still have a couple of USB gamepads...  I imagine we can hook up an xbox 360 controller?

 

rated:
Ahhhh, but that movie now that was a keeper!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131646/

rated:
It is a shame most people weren't able to experience the best version of wing commander 3 on 3d0. The video and audio were phenomenal, and the in-cockpit videos were color.

Edit: actually on a glance at the wiki, the 3d0 version made some sacrifices like no ground missions (I am pretty sure I am not missing much because those were HORRIBLE in wing commander 4. However it does mean an ending was removed). Also there was a PS1 port later on which I am sure would feature even better video and faster 3d so aside from horrible load times, the ps1 was prolly the best. 

rated:
Thanks OP.

rated:
Nice, thanks!

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014