The Leaf Ultimate™ features the same antenna design as the original Leaf®, but includes a sophisticated digital TV amplifier with a low noise filter and one-of-a-kind RF filtering. The result is the ability to pull in channels from up to a staggering 50 miles away in full 1080 HDTV resolution (depending on the location of your home, office or vehicle in relation to the TV broadcast towers and the topography of your area, go to www.gomohu.com to utilize our channel finder locator).The Ultimate can be powered via a supplied USB cable plugged directly into your TV--thus drawing power only when the TV is on--or by standard AC wall outlet (USB to AC Adapter included).
The Mohu Leaf Stand™ is a compact, lightweight mount used to secure your Leaf antenna onto the back edge of a flat surface, such as an HDTV. The Stand makes it easier to hide the antenna in the cabinet of your entertainment center or to place it directly on top of your HDTV. It comes with two strong adhesive tabs that won't leave marks or residue on the surface of your furniture or television. The Leaf® Antenna was designed by experienced antenna engineers who have been designing antennas for the US military for years (see our sister company GreenWave Scientific).
1) Works, but for the price a joke vs. the price of a metal coat hanger from the dry cleaners, a stiff piece of cardboard, duct tape, and any old piece of cable wiring sitting around. Strip the cable wiring for what you'll need to wire together the coat hanger, duct tape/staple to the cardboard, then attach the cable wire to that and plug it into your TV! Takes about 5-10 minutes max.
2) http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/attachment.php?s=f7782155f86327f1e87fbb446fcfc83a&attachmentid=6469&d=1233585534 Search for coat hanger antenna and you'll get diagrams like this. You can go with a two-pair rather than the larger 4-pair - simply move the attachment point between the two pairs and wire them up the same. Do pay close attention to the hanger antenna lengths and placement - this is key to building a good antenna. Too long or too short and it won't pickup the signals as well.
3) Home-made antenna sucks in pretty much all the channels here in Orange County, CA, including the harder to pull in 31.x channels as well as 7.x through 13.x. Only thing I've encountered that's better is the standard, roof-top TV antenna setup.
Here's a few reasons why. a) Antenna size/elements - you've only got a handful with these in-home antennas vs. the huge antennas you can mount on th roof. More signal sucked in, better reception. b) Line of sight. Can't do anything if you're going to try and mount this antenna on the ground. You're not getting line-of-sight and in-home setups almost always result in poorer reception due to the walls, metal, and lack of line of sight. Stick it 20+ feet above ground on the roof and you'll be in a position to get fabulous reception. c) Aimable - you can seriously wire up antenna rotators with the rooftop models and get amazing reception at channels that are not in the usual direction of the major channels in your area. Tough to do with these flat, stick on the wall models.
vibe said: Get an ANT751 when you are done messing around with these toy antennas.
I'm sure the RCA ANT751 is a good antenna, but I am quite happy with the ANT1050 "bat" shaped antenna currently $11 on Amazon. I had decent results in a window but the bat works fantastic in my attic pointed toward the city.
Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.
Members of our community may attach files to a post in accordance with the User Agreement. FatWallet is not responsible for the content, accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any attached file. Files have *not* been scanned for viruses. Be especially wary of Excel files which may contain malicious content.
Earn Cash Back while you shop - just 3 simple steps.
1. Sign Up so we know who to pay! (It's FREE.)
2. Shop through FatWallet for deals from your favorite stores. Your online purchases earn Cash Back that builds in your FatWallet account.
3. Get Paid by requesting a payment via check or PayPal.
FatWallet coupons help you save more when shopping online. Use our Coupons Search to browse coupons and offers from thousands of stores, gathered into one convenient location.
As part of our FatWallet Community, you can share deals with almost a million shoppers in our forums. Forum content is generated by consumers for consumers. Share deals, money-saving tips, and more. It's FREE, fun, and addicting.
Our customer experience team is here around the clock - real people ready to assist.