Flowers are the easiest way to bring a smile to someone's face and to show how much you care. Flowers are the universal language of love, especially long stem red roses. But what if you want to say what you feel without sending roses?
Flowers have a way of speaking to our souls with their simplicity, their beauty and their sweet beautiful scent. There are a thousand ways to express your love this Valentine’s Day. Here are 20 romantic flowers that aren't roses.
- Stargazer Lilies are the symbol of a perfect love, a perfect union, when you feel you have found your perfect match.
- Tulips symbolize young love with pink tulips saying that you are falling in love and red showing that you are already deeply in love.
- Irises are the perfect way to tell your friends that they mean the world to you.
- Ivy tells your loved one that you are faithful and are affectionate.
- Plant red chrysanthemums to show her that your love can withstand the seasons.
- Add amaranth in a bouquet to express your immortal love.
- Want to say that you are a loyal lover? Send her white daisies as they symbolize purity of love.
- Orchids symbolize love, rare beauty, strength of character, refinement and charm. Orchids not only express the love of the giver, but also their deep admiration of the virtues of the recipient.
- White carnations are a way to say that your love can withstand the tests of time.
- If you want to elope tonight, send spider flowers as that is their underlying message!
- Primrose flowers speak of the innocence of a first love.
- A beautiful violet plant shows her your loyalty, devotion, and faithfulness.
- Honeysuckle represents the binding embrace of your lover's arms and expresses the bonds of love.
- Give forget-me-nots to show your love and to say remember me if you're a deployed soldier.
- Hyacinths express the depths of sincerity and constancy in long lasting love.
- Moss included in a flower gift represents a mother's love or tenderness and love for your mother.
- Lilacs show the first emotions of love – beautiful scent and blooms to show her that you are falling in love.
- If you want to give her a plant that says you can’t get her out of your mind, give her pansies as they are the flower of thoughts and being thoughtful.
- Adding Lavender to your bouquet or bringing her a dried lavender bouquet shows your devotion and virtue.
- Jasmine not only has an enchanting scent but it also means you have met your sweet sweet love.
Flowers say just what is in our mind and in our hearts. This Valentine’s Day let her know just how much she means to you and that you love her. Flowers tell a story, let them tell the story of your love.
Additional Valentine's Day Resources