Giving gift cards is one of the easiest gifts, but they are not as exciting to open as pretty packages tied up with string and can feel less personal than a gift you hunted for days to find and chose by hand.
They’re a great last minute gift, stocking stuffer, or hostess gift, but giving them in the plain old envelope or card does not give them justice. So we’ve rounded up a bunch of creative ways to wrap gift cards that will leave the recipient of your gifts feeling oh-so-special!
7 Simple Creative Ways to Wrap a Gift Card
- Tuck a gift card into a gift pillow box or make one out of a tube of cardboard from a paper towel roll and decorate it with ribbons, lace, greenery, and or jingle bells. Such cute examples from Ashely Ann Photography.com!
- I love how Anne Klein from Wine & ReDesign.com themed a Home Depot gift certificate in a “toolbox” made from a wooden box, chalkboard paint, and twine. So cute and it turns a simple gift certificate into two gifts with it’s functional wrapping.You could also theme your wrapping with your gift card, like decorating a gift certificate to the sewing store by tucking it into a travel sewing kit and adorning it with a flexible tape measure and a pair of small scissors.
- Similar to #1, you can turn your wrapping paper tubes into gift wrapping themselves. I love how this person on Pinterest turned this tube into Santa’s belly by wrapping it in red paper and giving it a belt and buckle. Would be fun to give your gift recipient some clues to hunt down their present tucked in the tree.
- Carrie Higgins from MakingLemonadeBlog.com has a free and clever way to wrap up a Starbucks gift card in a coffee sleeve. This one is for her BFF and she’s adorned the back with “Totally Amazing BFF” boxes checked for her friend.Giving it inside of a cute mug filled with candies or inside an empty to-go cup would be fun too!
- Tuck a gift card into a pocket from an old pair of jeans you scrounged from your donate pile. Go the extra mile and decorate it with a sprig of greens or berries like Brenda from deckthehalls-christmas.blogspot.com did!
- Take the traditional gift card envelope and spice it up with pizzazz with the tips by Claire at srm-stickers.blogspot.com! She took a simple tag and added a decorated pocket to the front of it, tied on a ribbon, jingle bells and some labels. Super cute, super simple!
- Snow globes are so hot, making this gift for the snow globe collector in your life! Tuck a gift card to his or her favorite store into a jar before adorning the lid with glitter and ornaments. The simple instructions can be found here at StudioCalicoOther fun and simple ways to wrap a gift card would be to lay it inside of a box with candy or a jar of cookies, frame it in a photo frame, tuck it into a container of mints, or stuff it into a small stocking or gift bag.If you’ve still got gifts to get on your list and you’re running out of time, don’t forget we’ve got a list of more than 100 FatWallet stores that offer cash back on gift cards and eGift cards!
P.S. What other ideas do you have for wrapping gift cards?