You are here: FatWallet Blog > View Blog Entry
Aging is a natural process, but the side effects of wrinkles and fine lines can be upsetting for many. In the last decade alone, the number of Botox procedures in the face has increased by more than 580%, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. This just goes to show how many people are taking action against the visible signs of aging. If you want to keep wrinkles at bay and boast a more youthful appearance, then embrace one or more of these seven suggestions.
1. Wear Sunscreen DailySun damage is one of the major causes of aging and skin damage, so it makes sense that wearing sunscreen will reduce the number of wrinkles and fine lines on your face and body. If possible, also try to avoid the sun during peak hours altogether.
2. Moisturize Skin RegularlyWhen it comes to keeping skin looking elastic and full, moisturizer is the best option. Moisturizer literally fills in the finest lines of your face, which can contribute to a smoother and more youthful overall appearance.
3. Quit SmokingSmoking can break down the collagen in the skin, leaving it thinner and less elastic in nonsmokers than in smokers. If you smoke currently, do your best to reduce the number of cigarettes you smoke daily, or simply kick the unhealthy habit altogether. Smoking can also increase the fine lines around the mouth as a result of repetitive movements when inhaling with a cigarette in your mouth.
4. Wear SunglassesNot only are sunglasses a great way to protect the thinner skin around the eyes, but they can also prevent you from squinting when outside. Squinting repeatedly will only increase the number of fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes. The same idea applies for those who need reading glasses and regularly squint while reading a book or working on the computer.
5. Get Adequate SleepGetting enough sleep may prove challenging for busy individuals, but adequate rest will reduce the number of fine lines you see on your face. Says Nicholas Perricone, MD, a dermatologist at Yale University, "Get enough rest and you'll produce more human growth hormone, which helps skin remain thick, more elastic and less likely to wrinkle."
6. Choose a Varied and Healthy DietThe foods you eat can have a big impact on your appearance. Antioxidants from fruits and vegetables will repair free radical damage to your skin, and fatty fish like salmon can keep your skin plump and elastic.
7. Consider Prescription MedicationsIf none of the methods listed above are giving you the results you want to see, then it might be worth investigating some prescription medications. Speak to your primary care physician or your dermatologist about what options and medications may be the best choice for you.
The happiest people are those who understand that aging is a natural process. However, you don't have to embrace every wrinkle or fine line on your face. These suggestions can help you to look younger and feel more confident.
Whitney Stryker writes for http://www.accessrx.com where you can find out the Cost of levitra.
Let us complete the Cash Back purchase for you!