You are here: FatWallet Blog > View Blog Entry
August 2, 2009 | Posted By: Brent Shelton
Shopping online can be daunting at times. There are so many money-saving choices and countless sites where you can purchase the same things. So, how do you know when you're getting the biggest bang for your buck? When is it the best deal?
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced online user, there are several things to consider. Many of you have picked up on some secrets that give you distinct advantages as a consumer. When time equals money, you may or may not practice these secrets every time, but they do pay off if you start to develop regular habits.
Here's a basic list of some tips that will help you find a better price and quite possibly, a better value on your purchases.
1. Search for coupon codes, deep discounts, and free shipping. Apply them during check-out.
2. Add in Cash Back, rewards, and points programs. While they seem small at the first purchase, these can really add up to nice bonuses when repeatedly considered.
3. Compare prices. One store's 20% off is another's everyday price. Do the research if it's important, expensive or available.
4. Stack coupons, discounts, and free shipping. Some retailers allow multiple coupons, cash back and free shipping on one purchase.
5. Pay attention to the details. When combined, some discounts cancel out others.
6. Weigh shipping costs vs. brick and mortar shopping. Consider the cost of gas and the value of your time traveling to the brick and mortar.
We will be digging into these tips in greater detail in following posts. Until then, make sure your information is safe and secure. Happy deal hunting!
About Us | Blog | Site Map | Mobile Site | Contact Us | Partnership | Careers | Privacy | User Agreement | D.M.C.A. Notice | Civil Process Policy