Why did the hot dog stay in the mug for halloween?
Because he wanted to be a Frank-in-Stein!
If you love Halloween as much as I do, then you are into the full swing of things. You may have already started buying the perfect treats to give out to kids, decided which haunted houses you’ll peruse this year, and yeah, you may have had your Halloween costume planned since March.
But have you thought yet about the Halloween costume your pet is going to wear? Halloween costumes for dogs and cats are becoming increasing popular with Americans. According to the National Retail Federation, 13.8% of people will be dressing their pets in costumes.
There are so many cute Halloween costumes for dogs! Here are some of my favorites!
- Are you always wondering where you dog is at? Where is Sparky? Well, how about Where’s Waldo?
- $15.99 on sale at Meijer with 1.5 % cash back from FatWallet! Get free shipping on Halloween orders $69+ with coupon: HALFS69 (expires on 10/21/13)
- Big lover of Sci-Fi? Transform Spot into an Imperial Walker. Have more than one dog in your household? You can get Yoda, Princess Leia, and Darth Vader to really help balance out the force.
- $17.70 on sale at Costume Craze with 7% Cash Back on FatWallet!
- For the classic pup: The Hot Dog. Yes, you’ve probably seen it before, but it’s a pun that just doesn’t get old.
- $14.99 – $18.74 on sale, depending on size at Petco with 5% Cash Back on FatWallet
Cat halloween costumes, could there be anything cuter?
- If you love a good dose of irony, turn your cat into Sushi. The predator becomes the prey.
- $11.24 on sale at Petco stores. Shop Petco with 5% Cash Back on FatWallet
- Want to keep your cat drop-dead gorgeous? Give them a different tail with this Mermaid Costume. Me-ow.
- Available at Petco stores. Shop Petco with 5% Cash Back on FatWallet
- Afraid Mr. Fluffums might try to claw out your eyes when you try to dress him up? Not to worry, that’s why I’ve included the low-maitenence Sailor Kitty. It’s humorous, because your cat would probably hate living on the sea for months at a time.
- Only $6.39 on sale at PetSmart with 4% Cash Back on FatWallet!
Bird Costumes, Guinea Pig Costumes, Hamster Costumes, and Yes, Even Frog Costumes!
You don’t want to leave out the rest of your family’s animal kindgdom at halloween, do you? Fortunately you don’t have to!
- Don’t stress, bird-lovers. I haven’t forgotten about you. Is your parrot tired of playing the Pirate’s Pet? Let them be the Pirate this Halloween. There are sizes for all types of birds. $23.99 on flightquarters.com.
- Always wanted a dinosaur for a pet? Turn your guinea pig into one. A stegosaurus never looked so cuddly. $14 on Etsy
- If you feel like your hamster is one intelligent ball of fur, here’s your chance to give Hammy the recognition he/she deserves. Dress ‘em up in a Cap and Gown. And in case you were wondering, yes, you can get the school on the gown customized. Hammy graduated from your alma mater as well?! How did you not run into each other? $15 on Etsy
- There’s a little something for everyone, including you toad-lovers out there. Surprise your amphibian with some Superhero Love! NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-BATMAN! $8 on Etsy
Remember prices and cash back amounts are subject to change without notice, so shop for your pet costumes early!
What costume will you be dressing your pet in this year?