Black Friday is the unofficial kick off for the holiday shopping rush. For those of us who have made the leap from shopping in stores to shopping online, we know firsthand the beauty of saving money versus battling the early morning crowds. But there are a few tips we can all be reminded of to ensure that our shopping experience is fast and inexpensive. Check ‘em out!
- Black Friday has a close cousin – If you ate too much turkey and slept through Black Friday, rest assured, Cyber Monday is another opportunity to save big! Most e-tailers will continue to slash prices for this new shopping day as well. Get in on the action on the Monday after Thanksgiving – November 29th!
- Is Santa’s sleigh slow? – Pay attention to shipping cut off dates! Free shipping is great, but depending on your time requirements you may have to pay for faster shipping options. Shipping dates may vary among etailers, but below is a list of when CowBoom.com will be cutting off Santa’s sleigh:
- 7-10 day cutoff – 12/13
- 5-7 day cutoff – 12/15
- 3 day cutoff – 12/20
- 2 day cutoff – 12/21
- Overnight – 12/22
- While makin’ your list, check the return policy twice! – Not all etailers are created equal – and if you’re buying online, you’ll want to be sure there is an opportunity to make a return if need be. Double check the merchant’s return policy to ensure you will have time to exchange or return items.
- Don’t forget to compare prices! – This is especially important for high dollar items! A simple Google Product Search is an easy way to compare prices for the products you are interested in purchasing or better yet check out FatWallet’s Expert Picks for handpicks best deals!
- Purchase on the go! – Mobile is the new way to shop this holiday season. Etailers such as CowBoom have smart phone apps for your iPhone & Android devices as well as mobile sites to accommodate easily purchasing items wherever you may be.
Remember when shopping online this holiday season to check out CowBoom.com for great deals on name-brand electronics! Shop online or on your smart phone and find the best prices on the internet!
Marketer by day – artist by night. Guest contributor Chelsea manages CowBoom.com’s online advertising and social media programs. In addition to writing content for CowBoom’s blog she enjoys giving FatWallet readers a few helpful hints when it comes to shopping online, saving money and navigating the ever-changing world of technology. When she’s not taking over the world at CowBoom.com, she’s painting, traveling or just enjoying the natural beauty of Southern California.