This week Iíve been doing quite of bit of coupon shopping along with my regular weekly grocery shopping. Here are a few of my coupon success stories that I want to brag about!
Sullivans trip March 5th
This is the local store where I live. They have been doubling coupons up to $1 face value occasionally the past few months, so I try to take advantage of this at least once during the week. This is what I bought last Monday.
- 2 Packages Keebler cookies $1.99 each
- Used 55 cent/2 coupon which doubled and paid just $1.44 each
- Marcal napkins $2.93
- Used $1 coupon which double and paid just $0.93
- Marcal single roll toilet paper $0.93
- Used $1 off which doubled so I made $1.07
- 2 packages Hormel sliced pepperoni $1.79 each
- Used $1/2 which doubled and paid just $0.79 each
- 2 packages Tyson Fajita strips $2.79 each
- Used 2- 55 cent off coupons which doubled and paid just $1.69 each
- 3 Jackís Frozen Pizzas $2.75 each
- Used $1/3 which doubled at paid just $2.08 each
- 2 Sheddís Country Crock $2.50 each
- Used 2- $1 coupons which doubled at paid just $0.50 each
- 1 loaf of Kingís Hawaiian Bread $3.99
- Used $1 off coupon which doubled at paid just $1.99
My total after sales and coupons was just $17.55. I saved $19.61 or 52.8%!
- 1 dozen eggs $1.29
- 2 boxes of Kraft Shells and Cheese $1.99 each (should have bought another box because they were on sale for 3/$5. I messed up there.)
- 2 bottles of Softsoap body wash 2/$6
- Used 2- 50 cent off coupons and paid $2.50 each
I also had $1.50 off Register Reward to use on this order. I was able to get this all for $9.24, plus I got $3 in RR to use again next week (or use at Jewel like youíll see from my Jewel trip this week). I saved $9.98 or 51.9%.
My savings wasnít as high at Target this week, but I needed baby food for my daycare. We were also out of flavored drinks and chicken nuggets. Everything I bought was about the same as it is at Walmart, but since I have a Target debit card, I bought them here so I saved an extra 5%.
- 9 containers of Gerber baby food $0.98 each
- Used 85 cent off coupon that I got on my last trip to Target
- 6 SoBe Life waters $0.90 each (on sale)
- Used Buy 5 get a Free Coconut Water and paid 75 cents each.
- 1 Vitamin water $1.19
- Used 75 cent off coupon and paid $0.44. I would have saved this one for when it goes on sale but itís expiring in the next week.
- Tyson Chicken nuggets $4.99
- Used 75 cent off coupon and paid $4.24
- Archer Farms frozen broccoli $2.29
- This was free with my purchase of chicken nuggets
- Market Pantry drink mix $2.01 (on sale)
My total was $18.94. I saved $7.48 or 28.2%. Not too bad considering these were all items we were out of at my house.
I usually only shop sales at Jewel. It tends to be more expensive than the other grocery stores in my area. Hereís what I found at Jewel this week:
- 2 bottles of All laundry detergent $2.99
- Used 2-$1 off coupons and paid just $1.99 each
- 2 packages of Kraft cheese slices $2.00 each
- 1 package of Frigo string cheese $3.49
- Used 55 cent off coupon and paid just $2.94
- Care free panty liners $1.00
- Should have waited because now there are $1 off coupons out there
- Colgate toothpaste $1.00
- Used 75 cent off coupon and paid just 25 cents
Jewel also accepts RR from Walgreens, so I used the $3 I received towards this purchase. My total was $9.88. I saved $20.06 or 69% on this shopping trip!
HyVee is one of my favorite stores to shop at in my area. This trip I got mostly items that I buy weekly, so while I didnít save as much, I got stocked up on things for the week.
- 3 donuts $0.89 each (Friday breakfast treat at my house)
- Dannon Activia 4 pack $2.00 (on sale)
- Used $1 off coupon and paid just $1
- 2 Dannon Light n Fit yogurt $0.50 each (on sale)
- 6 HyVee brand yogurts $0.25 each (on clearance)
- HyVee brand turkey lunch meat $6.17
- Had a coupon for a free pound so this cost me $0.12
- HyVee brand ham lunch meat $4.00 (on sale)
- Wilton Disney Cars cupcake wrappers $1.69 (for my sonís birthday treats)
- Butternut All Grain bread $1.79 (on sale)
- Capri Sun $2.00
- Duncan Hines Frosting $2.00 (on sale)
- Duncan Hines Frosting Creations $0.99 (on sale)
- HyVee instant pudding $0.98 (for daycare activity)
- HyVee refried beans $0.88
- Crystal Light on the Go $2.00 (on sale)
- Pillsbury Easter Cookies $2.50 (on sale)
- 2 Miracle Whip $3.00 (on sale, we were completely out at home)
- Bartlett pears $1.57/pound. Bought 1.59 pounds
- Dole Fresh broccoli $1.50 (on sale)
- Grapes $1.00/pound. Bought 1.81 pounds
- 2 salmon filets $7.00 (on sale)
- 6 pack of 24 oz bottles of Mt. Dew $3.00 (on sale)
- Green onions $1.49
I spent $48.45 for all of this. Itís always hard for me to figure out exactly how much I save at HyVee because my receipt never reflects how much my total savings are.
I buy a lot of my fresh fruit and vegetables at Aldi, and this week is no different.
- 4 cans mushrooms @$0.59 each
- 128 oz vinegar $2.19
- 1 dozen eggs $0.79
- 2 lbs of pears $1.49
- 1 box Animal crackers $1.29
- 1 bag Iceberg lettuce $0.99
- green grapes $1.78
- Red grapes $3.59
- Bananas $0.80
- 3 containers of blackberries @ $0.69 each
- 2 containers of strawberries @$1.49
My total at Aldi was $23.63.