The FatWallet Social interns are back from their holiday break which means school is back in session!
For all you new and returning students out there, here's how to score some big savings with that snazzy student ID!
How to be a Smart Shopper with Student Discounts:
- Bring Your Student ID: Most stores will require you to show it.
- Follow Directions: Most stores offer Student Discounts in-store only and offers my vary by location.
- Go for Extra Credit: Many stores offer the inside scoop on their discounts if you sign up for their email list.
Student Discounts vs Shopping Online: Which is the Better Deal?
Every little bit helps, whether it's saving money on school supplies and backpacks for the kids, or saving money on your own back to school expenses! Do the math to see if it's a better deal using the student discount or shopping online.
We've rounded up the stores on FatWallet and linked to them here so you can shop with cash back and coupons online. Most stores offer coupons here on FatWallet that can be stacked with cash back, free shipping and more. Look for the offers on the store's coupon pages with the cash back symbol
for deals that can be stacked with cash back. **Please note, cash back amounts are subject to change, so please see the store coupon page on FatWallet for current cash back details.**
And if you really want to score some brownie points with the teachers this year, share this Teacher Discount Cheat Sheet
Happy Shopping and Happy Back to School!
Technology/Electronics on FatWallet:
- 1% Cash Back
- Apple Store coupons
- With a purchase of a qualifying Mac, you'll receive a $100 Apple gift card which can be used at the App Store, iTunes, or IBookstore. In addition, they offer 8% off (online or in store).
- Buy an iPad for college between June 11 and September 21 and receive a $50 Back to School Gift Card to use on apps, books, music, and movies.
- 1.5% Cash Back Available
- Best Buy coupons
- Varies by individual store, many will honor other manufacturer discounts (in store only). For Apple price matching, there will need to be an Apple store within 25 miles of a Best Buy for them to match it.
- PrintPal.com – School sales & discounts: 10% discount on all orders over $100
- Norton Software - Keep your computers safe with these security programs. They are offering up to 50% savings on some of their most popular programs
- Adobe Teacher & Student Store - Discounts up to 80% off retail
Retail/Apparel on FatWallet:
Other Clothing Stores:
- Aerosoles - 15% off footwear items $39.99+ Present your teacher ID or a pay-stub in one of our stores, or call 800-798-9478, to place your order.
- J.Crew - 15% off with school ID (in store only and outlet locations).
- NY & Co. - Big Apple for the Teacher! Sign up for 20% off in store discount just for signing up and then 15% off year round in stores, also get more information if you sign up for their email list.
- Ralph Lauren Rugby - Rugby student union offers a 15% discount of full-price merchandise. use your student id to save in-store or use your .edu email address to get the coupon code for online use.
- Goodwill - 10% off when you show a student ID.
Subscriptions and Memberships on FatWallet:
Entertainment on FatWallet:
- AMC Theatres – School sales & discounts:Thursday movie night! The only day you can get discounted tickets with a student ID
- Cinemark - Get a discount of movie tickets when you show a valid student ID
- Redbox - Get a free one day rental when you create a new account or like them on facebook.
Exercise on FatWallet:
- CorePower Yoga Full Time students can save $100 on a 3-month unlimited membership or $30 off on a 10 class pack at CorePower yoga studios throughout the country
Transportation on FatWallet:
- Coach USA They offer 15% off tickets originating in or going to the city shown on your student ID
- Grayhound They offer savings of up to 20% on unrestricted tickets to thousands of locations
Additional Education ResourcesDon't Get Hustled by Your Student LoansSetting a Budget for Going Back to College
3 Money-Saving Tips for College Students
Rebates Can Pay Your College Tuition
Textbook Cheat Sheet: College/K-12
Top 5 Ways to Save Money on College Textbooks
Lowering Student Loan Interest Rate