Walmart, Toys R Us, Kmart and other big retailers are making it easier on parents and grandparents, showing us what toys kids are hoping to unwrap this year! They’ve published their toy catalogues and we’ve scanned them into our Black Friday deal finder for you to browse, sort, favorite, and comparison shop!
There is definitely a hard way and an easy way to shop for your kids toys during the holidays!
The hard way to shop for toys:
Our tradition was to give our kids the toy catalog and let them cut out the things they wanted and glue them to a piece of paper to send to Santa before they were big enough to write their list.
Then my husband and I would head to the store planning on browsing the shelves to find what they wanted when we got there. In more years than not the store wouldn’t have it and we’d end up aimlessly wandered the crowded aisles, hoping to find something else that would light up our kid’s faces Christmas morning. We’d end up leaving the store exhausted, having overspent our budget, and bringing home toys we were not all that excited about ourselves, let alone our kids.
The easy way to shop for toys:
Thankfully the online shopping came to our rescue and made holiday shopping a little easier. Cuddling on the sofa with my husband, searching for toys on our laptops was so much more pleasant than trying to push a cart through a narrow crowded aisle.
…and FatWallet makes toy shopping even easier!
We’ve rounded up the toy catalogs that have leaked so far and added the deals into our deal finder to make it easier for you to find the best prices on the best toys! Ann, our Social Media Coordinator, browsed through them and picked out a few of her favorites. Check them out below or click on the link to buy them!
- Furby ($54.00, Walmart): These crazy-colored creatures are back! With their funky language and cool interactions, these items will be flying off the sales rack
- LeapFrog LeapPad2 ($79.99, Toys R Us): These are great fantastic learning tools for the 3-8 age range. They allow kids to imagine and explore with new front-and-back cameras and a library of 325+ applications
- My Life Dolls ($27.97, Walmart): Forget buying an American Girl doll, and purchase a My Life Doll instead. You’ll save some dough, and your little one will one will love these just as much. They come in lots of different occupations like a gymnast, ballerina, baker, camper, etc. In addition, they offer many low price accessories to jazz up your doll.
- Jake & the Never Land Pirates Musical Pirate Ship Bucky ($44.99, Toys R Us):
This toy ship comes fully equip with all the necessities a young pirate would want to fight off any evil pirates. It has three push buttons for loading off canons, opening side doors, and playing some awesome theme songs and phrases.
- Fisher Price Musical Activity Walker ($21.99, Kmart): This is just perfect for any new baby learning to walk! With exciting music, the baby can walk around or sit and play by tapping, pressing, spinning, flipping and grooving along. Activities include piano keys to press, guitar toggle to flip, turning tambourine dial, bat-and-spin maraca and saxophone to press for a real horn sounds.
- Chutes & Ladders, Cootie, Dr. Seuss Matching Game etc ($4.88, Walmart): For this amazing price, you can’t help stock up on some classic boardgames. They are perfect for a rainy day, or fun family bonding night.
- Classic Hideaway Tents ($11.99, Kmart): Even kids need a little time away, and this is perfect for their secret hiding spot! It comes in girl or boy themed and its easy to set-up/tear-down. Plus, these are great for sleepovers and silly adventures.