Best time of year to buy laptops, and hit the big summer sales.
July is traditionally one of the best times to find deals on laptops and computers (2nd only to Black Friday/Cyber Monday), but there is also good reason to hit storewide sales, including a huge mixed bag of savings from early/extended 4th of July sales thru to mid-summer clearance, with just about every retailer participating in a variety of shopping categories. This, combined with pricing competition from a rapidly growing trend to use mobile tech over traditional computer products, like smartphones
, present the perfect storm for consumers to nab a deal ahead of the long back-to-school shopping season.
During July sales events, we can expect notable price drops on outdoor toys and games for the pool and yard, patio/party supplies and summer clothing bargains
. Other July savings include final clearance on furniture, mattresses (especially during 4th sales), tools/tool boxes
(Father's Day leftovers for the DIYers), and health and fitness products. Once the weather gets really hot, and it will, keep an eye on price drops for air conditioners and fans (box, floor-standing and ceiling fans) and expect them to sell fast, if not sell out completely. July shoppers can stack these savings with increased Cash Back
from more than 100 top retailers throughout July. And NOTE: Back to School is the second longest seasonal shopping event of the year. Except for textbooks, start monitoring prices in early July to help you land a good deal and assure you get the stuff your kids actually want before your stuck buying what's left in stock.
Starting in late June, the weekend before holiday celebrations, retailers blast out week long deep discounts during Independence Day Sales, allowing consumers to buy what they need in advance to having fun with family and friends.
- Patio/Party: (furniture, decorations, flags, dishware, lighting/candles)
- Outdoors: (camping, fishing, grilling accessories, patio furniture & accessories)
- Air Conditioners: (window AC units and installation discounts, fans, shades, etc)
- Summer Outdoor Toys: (pool and water toys, swings, yard games, etc)
Shopping the weekend before is smart for all the right reasons...selection, savings and having items in-hand to enjoy during your holiday.
July heats up with a variety of savings that tops out with double cash back
from 100s of top stores.
- Sports/Outdoors: (golf, cycling, running, baseball, camping, fishing, swimwear)
- Workout Equipment: (treadmills, weights, yoga accessories, workout apparel/gear)
- Audio Tech: (ipods, mp3 players, boom boxes and accessories, earbuds, speakers)
- Big Appliances: (microwaves, refrigerators, stoves, laundry, AC)
- Furniture: (couches, chairs, dining room sets, bedroom sets, outdoor furniture)
- MISC: (tools, paint, summer clothing, suits, jewelry, some grills and patio furniture)
Start looking for summer product pricing to start hitting clearance in mid-July as retailers start to restock for back to school and early fall sales events.
The savviest online, and FatWallet, shoppers flock to the web for some of the lowest pricing of the year on laptops and computers, as well as early retail sales featuring Back-to-School needs, ahead of the August in-store rush.
- Tech: (laptops, tablets and iPads, cell phones and iPhones, PC’s)
- Supplies: (writing supplies, backpacks, lunch bags, art supplies)
- Apparel: (uniforms, shirts, blouses, jeans, shoes, jackets, hoodies, shorts)
- Dorm Furnishings: (luggage, furniture, lighting, rugs, small appliances, storage)
Check our Ultimate Laptop Buying Guide
and/or Student Laptop Buying Guide
for smart money-saving buying tips and a comprehensive overview of the most important components and features before you make such a big investment.
Brent Shelton on Google+