June may seem like a flat month for shopping and saving, when in fact, itís a better time to buy a number of homeowner must-haves versus any other time of year. Chasing the big Memorial Day sales brings spring clearance on the remainder of those sales items, including a variety of home & garden products and clothing, to make room for summer apparel, swim wear and patio seasonals.
Ultimately...ĒIt's Tool Time!Ē Expect power tools, yard tools, automotive parts and storage, house paints and other home improvement items to be at 30-70% for Fatherís Day discounts. Fishing, hunting, camping and hiking gear will find reduced pricing in June as well. This 2-3 week sales event is all about stuff guys want (and buy). Every retailer will have inventory priced to get your attention. Itís smart to use the extra time to compare before buying bigger ticket items where value really counts.
Look for other savings on select electronics (mid-sized smart TVs
) and daily deals earmarked for dadsí favorites places and activities. FatWallet Local Deals is a one-stop for scoring 50% off car detailing, movies, burger, beers
, golf and more in your city.
Just like May is made for the gals, June is when the dudes look to upgrade their gear on the cheap. Sure, men want new iphones
or the Galaxy S4, but they also need new hammers to smash that old flippy thing!
- Flowers & Gifts: (flowers, candy, books, crafts & supplies, jewelry)
- Tools & Auto: (power tools, yard tools, automotive tools, cleaners, services, tool storage)
- Sports & Outdoors: (golfing, fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, grilling, swimming)
- Tech: (laptops, tablets, smartphones, cameras, streaming media, wireless devices)
- Local Deals: (auto services, restaurants, golfing, movies and health/fitness services)
Early shoppers will get the pick of the tool chest, meaning the favorite colors, top brands, higher quality, best warranty, etc. sell quickly.
Before it gets too hot, or perhaps this is exactly why, look for savings on things to fix up the house, in and out, top to bottom and in between.
- Paint & Coatings: (interior and exterior for walls, ceilings, floors, fence, garage and house)
- Materials: (faucets, light fixtures, wall board, shingles, fencing, etc.)
- Tools/Garden: (saws, drills, tools, boxes/benches/storage, ladders)
Take advantage of these items mixed in with Fatherís Day sales which will come with storewide discounts and increased cash back through FatWallet.
If you still have a wedding, graduation gift or closet to fill, spring clearance sales are worth taking a look for significant discounts that fill this bill
- Home: (dishware, cookware, bedding, small appliances)
- Flowers, Gifts: (flowers, gift baskets, frames, photo albums, jewelry)
- Clothing: (jackets, hoodies, pants, long sleeve shirts, rain coats, spring colors)
- Travel: (caribbean vacation packages, hotel and car rental deals, summer event tickets
Often spring clearance storewide discounts can satisfy a few gift/home needs in one purchase if you shop smart.
As mentioned earlier, FatWallet Local Deals provides daily deal shoppers a one-stop resource with all the available offers from Groupon, Living Social, Gilt City and other top daily deal sites in more than 150 cities and dozens of timely national deals. Perfect for summer activities and meals on the cheap.
- Activities & Events: (concerts, sports, theme parks, museums, arcades, movies, bowling, etc.)
- Beauty & Spa: (half off hair cuts and color, manicures, hair removal and spa packages)
- Food & Drink: (coupons for pizza, bugers, drinks and a variety of full course meals)
- Health & Fitness: (gym memberships, pilates, yoga, golfing, chiropractic, acupuncture, etc.)
- Shopping: (50% and more off select products and services year round)
- Travel: (complete vacation packages, hotels stays)
If you know you have a weekend coming up to fill with something fun, look at these deals a week or two out as youíll often get in some family fun for half or less.
Brent Shelton on Google+