Bob's discount furniture BF sale?

Archived From: Black Friday
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Does anyone know whether Bob's discount furniture have any BF sale? I was in their store last weekend and asked them about it. The sales guy said their store never has any sales. I don't know whether he was saying that to make me buy stuff right then or if this is true. Anyone recall whether they had BF sale in the past years?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I don't think they have had a black friday sale in the past. On a side note, I would avoid buying furniture from them. I'm not sure what other furniture choices you have in your area, but I have heard that the quality of their furniture basically matches the price (low quality - low prices). If you have a Bernie/Phyls near you or Jordan's, they are worth checking out. Decent prices, much better quality. Just my opinion though.

what about bob?

Yeah, I had a friend that bought a sleigh bed there and it broke within a week (he isn't a big person either). Cracked right down the middle. They did fix it to their credit but I have to agree with the previous post, the quality correlates to the price. That being said, I will probably be getting a dining room set from there soon. Something about the price just says, "screw it".

I told my wife we'd just bring cash, walk in, say what we want, hopefully be in and out in a few minutes and on our way home. That way we don't have to consider that we are buying from one of the most annoying people in the world (bob himself), and also that we won't have to deal with the second worst thing in the world, the furniture salesman.

Good luck though.

Yeah, I had a friend that bought a sleigh bed there and it broke within a week (he isn't a big person either). Cracked right down the middle. They did fix it to their credit but I have to agree with the previous post, the quality correlates to the price. That being said, I will probably be getting a dining room set from there soon. Something about the price just says, "screw it".

I told my wife we'd just bring cash, walk in, say what we want, hopefully be in and out in a few minutes and on our way home. That way we don't have to consider that we are buying from one of the most annoying people in the world (bob himself), and also that we won't have to deal with the second worst thing in the world, the furniture salesman.

Good luck though.

lordofducks said: If you have a Bernie/Phyls near you

Yeah, but do they have quality, comfort, and price?

I love my Bob's furniture, but I've never seen it on sale.

My entire living room set is Bob's. I went in knowing what I was buying. I bought their high-end leather couches, and I am very happy with them after one year use. I bought low end tables... they are veneer. I wouldn't normally have bought veneer, but it was what I could afford.

I also own a Bobopedic bed for about 4 years now. No problems and I absolutely love it. I recommend it to everyone I talk to about it.

their furniture is poorly made. i live in eastern CT (where they started out) and that's a broad consensus around here.

that being said, their bob-o-pedic mattress feels great - and that's something i wouldn't hesitate to buy for a good price just because it's a mattress that won't suffer from poor craftmanship like couches and other furniture can.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014