Marlboro Biggest Night of the Year Contest 9/16 - 11/11

Archived From: Contests and Sweepstakes
  • 110 11 12131420
  • Page
  • Text Only
VegasVegan said:   uvdan said:   I am not seeing Vegas Vegan's pastries. The gallery is only showing me 21 entries for this week.

Gallery is showing 24 for me under "most recent". If I change to "most popular" I see 42. Noticed Belle has a pic of garden up.

Thanks Vegas! That works, found Belle, your pastries and uvdan mining equipment pic! I think the quirks still aren't worked out of this new web-site design....LOL

Thank you for the votes, I voted for everyone along with my momma and hubby. I do not get it, I have to hit most popular to see my photo. Gosh NOW you see it Now you dont.....LOL. nothing like playing peek a boo photo. this is worse than wheres Waldo? LOL

I still want to eat that pastry photo mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thank you Vegas for the Recipe mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm They will go great with midnite coffee and snack.

Forksmother and I could of used a couple of dozen to go with our Pots of Coffee, when we all stayed up online to do OWTW 4.

Vegas Vegan what is your handle on the Marlboro website? I need to compile a list of everyone's Marlboro names so I do not miss anyone.

I just uploaded the casket that I made for last Halloween.

uvdan said:   Vegas Vegan what is your handle on the Marlboro website? I need to compile a list of everyone's Marlboro names so I do not miss anyone.

I just uploaded the casket that I made for last Halloween.

Dan I sent you a PM

Hi guys, had to put the contest on the back burner while I've been writing my philosophy paper that I am not enjoying at all!

Thanks that helps a lot. I had to make a notepad on my desktop to keep everyone straight in my mind.

I often ruminate about philosophy........then I fall asleep.

I uploaded a home made chair today. Unfortunately Marlboro is still forcing me to use the filters of their choice.

I am going to switch to PNG format for my next upload and see if it makes a difference.

Grayce13 said:   Hi guys, had to put the contest on the back burner while I've been writing my philosophy paper that I am not enjoying at all!

I wished you luck and welcomed you back, but the posting disappeared? I hope you get some great grades for all your hard work. Good luck again!

Contest was confusing at first, getting darts to work and kinks worked out. Now I may get to enjoy it that I figured it out.LOL It is nice to learn about some of these place we have never been to.

Be one of the first 6,000 to comment, and score a free music coaster. They're at 90 comments now.

https://www.marlboro.com/marlboro/flavor-makers/

saintlewie said:   Be one of the first 6,000 to comment, and score a free music coaster. They're at 90 comments now.

There are several stories on that page. Which one do we comment on?

uvdan said:   saintlewie said:   Be one of the first 6,000 to comment, and score a free music coaster. They're at 90 comments now.

There are several stories on that page. Which one do we comment on?

If you didn't see it in "your offers" then you wont get it. It seems like they put them out at different times for different people. Mine were there on 2/8. Not everyone sees all offers. Some are targeted it appears.

Noticed that the darts they are giving away are back ordered. Says they wont ship till May. If you open "My Marlboro" on the right side and go to service you can see what you've won and it's status.

Southernbelle56 said:   Grayce13 said:   Hi guys, had to put the contest on the back burner while I've been writing my philosophy paper that I am not enjoying at all!

I wished you luck and welcomed you back, but the posting disappeared?

Psssss....Belle that posting didn't disappear. It's in the other contest thread.

Thanks Vegas Vegan! Tonight I resubmitted my chair picture as a PNG and it went in without getting filtered. I have no idea why.

I noticed this week there are more off topic entries than there are on topic ones.

VegasVegan said:   Southernbelle56 said:   Grayce13 said:   Hi guys, had to put the contest on the back burner while I've been writing my philosophy paper that I am not enjoying at all!

I wished you luck and welcomed you back, but the posting disappeared?

Psssss....Belle that posting didn't disappear. It's in the other contest thread.

OH NO...LOL....see what happens when you pass 50... thank you again

I took a shot and ended up at the Reaper Ranch, however I was not entered for chance at the pickup truck. Second time this has happened to me. Something is up.

This is what I get when trying to upload today.

Error reading imported file freemarker/master-black.ftl The problematic instruction: ---------- ==> import "master-black.ftl" as layout [on line 1, column 1 in freemarker/500.ftl] ---------- Java backtrace for programmers: ---------- freemarker.template.TemplateException: Error reading imported file freemarker/master-black.ftl at freemarker.core.LibraryLoad.accept(LibraryLoad.java:122) at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:210) at freemarker.core.MixedContent.accept(MixedContent.java:92) at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:210) at freemarker.core.Environment.process(Environment.java:190) at freemarker.template.Template.process(Template.java:237) at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.freemarker.FreeMarkerView.processTemplate(FreeMarkerView.java:366) at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.freemarker.FreeMarkerView.doRender(FreeMarkerView.java:283) at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.freemarker.FreeMarkerView.renderMergedTemplateModel(FreeMarkerView.java:233) at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractTemplateView.renderMergedOutputModel(AbstractTemplateView.java:167) at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:262) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:1180) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:950) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:852) at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:882) at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:789) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:738) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:831) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1657) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:939) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:502) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:181) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:91) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:864) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1592) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:186) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:452) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:511) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:305) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:83) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165) at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217) at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161) at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905) at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1646) Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Template freemarker/master-black.ftl not found. at freemarker.template.Configuration.getTemplate(Configuration.java:489) at freemarker.core.Environment.getTemplateForInclusion(Environment.java:1465) at freemarker.core.Environment.getTemplateForImporting(Environment.java:1519) at freemarker.core.LibraryLoad.accept(LibraryLoad.java:112) ... 37 more Error 404: org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing failed; nested exception is freemarker.template.TemplateException: Error reading imported file freemarker/master-black.ftl

uvdan said:   This is what I get when trying to upload today.

Error reading imported file freemarker/master-black.ftl The problematic instruction: ---------- ==> import "master-black.ftl" as layout [on line 1, column 1 in freemarker/500.ftl] ---------- Java backtrace for programmers: ---------- freemarker.template.TemplateException: Error reading imported file freemarker/master-black.ftl at freemarker.core.LibraryLoad.accept(LibraryLoad.java:122) at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:210) at freemarker.core.MixedContent.accept(MixedContent.java:92) at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:210) at freemarker.core.Environment.process(Environment.java:190) at freemarker.template.Template.process(Template.java:237) at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.freemarker.FreeMarkerView.processTemplate(FreeMarkerView.java:366) at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.freemarker.FreeMarkerView.doRender(FreeMarkerView.java:283) at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.freemarker.FreeMarkerView.renderMergedTemplateModel(FreeMarkerView.java:233) at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractTemplateView.renderMergedOutputModel(AbstractTemplateView.java:167) at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:262) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:1180) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:950) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:852) at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:882) at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:789) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:738) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:831) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1657) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:939) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:502) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:181) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:91) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:864) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1592) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:186) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:452) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:511) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:305) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:83) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165) at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217) at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161) at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905) at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1646) Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Template freemarker/master-black.ftl not found. at freemarker.template.Configuration.getTemplate(Configuration.java:489) at freemarker.core.Environment.getTemplateForInclusion(Environment.java:1465) at freemarker.core.Environment.getTemplateForImporting(Environment.java:1519) at freemarker.core.LibraryLoad.accept(LibraryLoad.java:112) ... 37 more Error 404: org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing failed; nested exception is freemarker.template.TemplateException: Error reading imported file freemarker/master-black.ftl

Had that happen last night also. Hit the back button on your browser and see if that fixes it. When I did it last night my pic was up and entered. Just about every error I have been getting since the new site went active is remedied by clicking the back button or refreshing the page.

Thank you Vegas for the head-banger solution! LOL But why oh why do we still have to go to "most recent" and "most popular" to find all of the entries ??? I found two today at the bottom of most popular. Geez Marlboro geeks, Please get the site working correctly.....

For the 1000 words category today I have uploaded a macro portrait of an ant. I figure that is about as on topic as some of the crazy pictures posted in the last category. And this time it went in with no problems...hooray!

So far, I have entered a picture of an ant and a concrete construction crew working in my area and they have not showed up. I am fairly well disappointed in this operation and hope the new map contest is run better.

Mine are not in either, missed last week also. Hubby and I uploaded 2 photos of kitten.

good luck everyone

Pictures have not been updated all day. What kind of a crew is working on this? I keep getting a yellow error message when I click for the second group of pics.

uvdan said:   Pictures have not been updated all day. What kind of a crew is working on this? I keep getting a yellow error message when I click for the second group of pics.

I am getting the same thing. My photo did not show up at all until you hit most popular last week and it is still not working right.

Has any one from here won anything yet?

I post a photo everyday, addicted to this and 1/3 of my photos have been posted.
What does the gold symbol mean again?

Welcome tlbrowell!! The gold means we the viewing public really like your photo. Tell us your handle on the Marlboro site so we can know when we see one of yours. I am Daniel G from Mesa, AZ

Recap: So far this week I have submitted a macro portrait of an ant, a concrete construction crew, a close up portrait of a very mad cat, and another photo of my cat toy. I am waiting for one of them to be posted still.

And they are still not updating the gallery. Pics that are already up though are getting an astronomical number of votes.

uvdan said:   Recap: So far this week I have submitted a macro portrait of an ant, a concrete construction crew, a close up portrait of a very mad cat, and another photo of my cat toy. I am waiting for one of them to be posted still.

Nothing here on the photos this week either. it is unusual not to put up more photos. It sounds like you had some good ones there too!

Hey all, I wonder if Marlboro is going to just update weekly? On the home page a couple weeks ago in lower left corner, It said "subbmited photos showcased weekly" Now they have changed it back to Capture. ???? Any ideas?

trouble
Disclaimer
My little friend is not amused by the situation!

uvdan said:   My little friend is not amused by the situation!

Hubby is rolling on the floor thank you Dan!!!!!!!! we needed that today. What a great photo that is, that sure tells a story and speaks more than a thousand words ....Belle

I sure wish we were at the Ranch this week instead of a 2 weeks ago, I would love to be snowed in at the Crazy Mountain Ranch!!!!! I see a lot of you out West got slammed. We are getting snow tomorrow.

Get your photos ready for tomorrow, something of a far away trip but it says and to tell about it? this is quite interesting. I think maybe we should all try to get them on at midnight or whenever Marlboro starts the week in your time zone. It seems only the first handful of people that submitted got their photos in. you are so right Forksmother. Maybe they will change it back to normal this week.

Looks like you'll get more snow back east then we got Belle....just a trace here and the wind was so bad it didn't even stick.

Thanks Belle and I sure hope everyone stays safe. We might get a little rain, but that is all.

I have shovels, but did not realize I do not own a snow shovel, gosh never needed it in Florida. I have a regular shovel, so let the fun begin...At least I do have a generator. I will be crazy without my coffee and VegasVegans Pastriesmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Thank you Vegas, I will work off the calories shoveling with the wrong shovel. Please don't let channel 5 be snooping around anywhere and see this Florida girl handling the North.

Southernbelle56 said:   I have shovels, but did not realize I do not own a snow shovel, gosh never needed it in Florida. I have a regular shovel, so let the fun begin...At least I do have a generator. I will be crazy without my coffee and VegasVegans Pastriesmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Thank you Vegas, I will work off the calories shoveling with the wrong shovel. Please don't let channel 5 be snooping around anywhere and see this Florida girl handling the North.

Do like we do in Arizona. Wait ten minutes for it to melt.

uvdan said:   Southernbelle56 said:   I have shovels, but did not realize I do not own a snow shovel, gosh never needed it in Florida. I have a regular shovel, so let the fun begin...At least I do have a generator. I will be crazy without my coffee and VegasVegans Pastriesmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Thank you Vegas, I will work off the calories shoveling with the wrong shovel. Please don't let channel 5 be snooping around anywhere and see this Florida girl handling the North.

Do like we do in Arizona. Wait ten minutes for it to melt.

I wish I could LOL.... but we are getting a foot of it, and tonight anything melted will be all ice in the morning. I even thought of hot water, but that would make a great skating pond., imagine the photos I could get for the contest...Yeehaw Cowgirl on Skates in her front yard.

Woodpecker staring me down
Disclaimer

Woodpecker in the snow
Disclaimer

snowing out
Disclaimer
here is a photo of a Woodpecker in the snow in the tree this morning, it is staring me down. "You looking at me" cause "I'm looking at you"!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014