Marlboro Biggest Night of the Year Contest 9/16 - 11/11

Archived From: Contests and Sweepstakes
  • 11617 18 1920
  • Page
  • Text Only
I voted everyone up this morning and once again I stay on topic and watch my pictures not make the gallery while others post off topic pet pictures and random off topic pictures that get into the gallery. Marlboro is not even following their own rules with regards to posting pictures.

uvdan said:   I voted everyone up this morning and once again I stay on topic and watch my pictures not make the gallery while others post off topic pet pictures and random off topic pictures that get into the gallery. Marlboro is not even following their own rules with regards to posting pictures.

I agree.....remember "THE TOE?" I like pet photos too but M should stick to the topic. I am sure your pics are great. Maybe they are saving the best for last!

I voted! I still haven't gotten a picture up. It says it's uploading right now... still. I'm trying to upload my picture of a horse in Scotland which is small compared to the land behind it. It's really pretty.

Looks like they changed the theme early. It's now

Straightaways
Find the long road.

Edit: It may have been a glitch. They are down for maintenance every couple of minutes. Now the theme is back to the sky meets ground.

I voted VegasVegan and Southernbelle up just before the site went down for maintenance. I will check tomorrow and see who I have missed.

VegasVegan said:   Looks like they changed the theme early. It's now

Straightaways
Find the long road.

Edit: It may have been a glitch. They are down for maintenance every couple of minutes. Now the theme is back to the sky meets ground.

No it is back to straightaways. And they are forcing us to use one of their stupid filters. Prepare to have all your pics uglified.

No way I am submitting my good stuff now. I will just submit anything to get me an entry.

Looks like they changed it to a contest again. Prizes are $500. Also upped the limit on pic size to 5mb.

2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM ET (start of day) on 6/3/13 and continues through 11:59:59 PM ET on 8/25/13 (the "Promotion Period").

3. HERE'S HOW IT WORKS: A daily prize is available to be won each day during the Promotion Period. Each daily entry period begins at 12:00:00 AM ET (start of day) and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET ("Daily Entry Period"). Entries received during each Daily Entry Period will only be eligible for that Daily Entry Period's drawing. Limit one entry per person per Daily Entry Period.

5. RANDOM DRAWINGS: Random drawings to select one winner per Daily Entry Period will be conducted from among all eligible entries received for each Daily Entry Period within approximately 24 to 72 hours following each Daily Entry Period deadline. Entries from one Daily Entry Period drawing will not be rolled over into subsequent Daily Entry Period drawings. The odds of winning the prize for a Daily Entry Period will depend upon the number of eligible entries received for that Daily Entry Period. For prize details see Rule 6. All drawings will be conducted by D.L. Blair, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final.

6. PRIZES: (84) Grand Prizes (1 per Daily Entry Period): Each winner will receive a check in the amount of $500.00. No transfer or substitution of prize by winner permitted. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. Winners of multiple prizes with an aggregate value of $600 or more will be required to provide their Social Security number as a condition of prize award and will be issued an IRS form 1099 reporting the total aggregate value of the prizes won as stated in these Official Rules.

Thanks, I saw that and got my first entry in. I will be posting the same pet picture daily. I am tired of the extra effort I put in being wasted.

VegasVegan said:   Looks like they changed it to a contest again. Prizes are $500. Also upped the limit on pic size to 5mb.

2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM ET (start of day) on 6/3/13 and continues through 11:59:59 PM ET on 8/25/13 (the "Promotion Period").

3. HERE'S HOW IT WORKS: A daily prize is available to be won each day during the Promotion Period. Each daily entry period begins at 12:00:00 AM ET (start of day) and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET ("Daily Entry Period"). Entries received during each Daily Entry Period will only be eligible for that Daily Entry Period's drawing. Limit one entry per person per Daily Entry Period.

5. RANDOM DRAWINGS: Random drawings to select one winner per Daily Entry Period will be conducted from among all eligible entries received for each Daily Entry Period within approximately 24 to 72 hours following each Daily Entry Period deadline. Entries from one Daily Entry Period drawing will not be rolled over into subsequent Daily Entry Period drawings. The odds of winning the prize for a Daily Entry Period will depend upon the number of eligible entries received for that Daily Entry Period. For prize details see Rule 6. All drawings will be conducted by D.L. Blair, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final.

6. PRIZES: (84) Grand Prizes (1 per Daily Entry Period): Each winner will receive a check in the amount of $500.00. No transfer or substitution of prize by winner permitted. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. Winners of multiple prizes with an aggregate value of $600 or more will be required to provide their Social Security number as a condition of prize award and will be issued an IRS form 1099 reporting the total aggregate value of the prizes won as stated in these Official Rules.

Thanks Bruce! Both Hubby and I got pictures in today, He's Mark G. Now that the MB size is larger, it makes it a little easier for both of us. Re-sizing before, I was either too large or too small It got really frustrating. Voted up today and yesterday.

UVDan....Hope your healing and feeling better from that terrible ordeal Prayers been going your way!

They haven't put up any of my pictures yet. I uploaded one of a path in a cemetery today.

Thanks forksmother. I will look for your hubby's picture.

Looks like you get one photo entry per day. You can either use it to enter the make it a classic contest or you can use it for the capture the unknown contest. Apparently you cannot do both.

I think Marlboro's webmaster needs some training. See the attached jpg. It is a shame a national company lets things get this sloppy on their web site.

I believe the botched text is supposed to say fire up the grill and kick off the season with flavor.

I got 2 pics in last night after 12 am ET and it just let me put in another in the Classic. Also gave me another chance with the Flavor maker instant win.

I can honestly say I have no idea what is going on over there anymore.

I just checked again and it is not letting me upload a photo for the capture the unknown contest.

VegasVegan said:   I got 2 pics in last night after 12 am ET and it just let me put in another in the Classic. Also gave me another chance with the Flavor maker instant win.

I can honestly say I have no idea what is going on over there anymore.

LOL...Got one each (hubby & I) into Capture yesterday and today. But Bruce, you are totally right, we're all just "feeling this out right now"! LOL BUT I do know they changed the day timing to 8 AM EST-to 7:59AM EST......No more midnight to midnight EST. It'll be tough for us west coasters to be up at 5AM if they do another OWTW.....I can see more sleep lost! LOL

Looks like they might have hired new moderators for the Capture the Unknown contest. Every single photo in the new gallery is on topic. Not a pet picture in sight. Including the one I have been submitting. I am glad to see that, but they continue to insist you use their filters, even the one you think does nothing actually adds excessive contrast obscuring the details of your picture. I did not see any fatwallet friends in the new gallery this morning. I am going to try removing contrast from my image knowing that when I submit, it will be added back in.

I've uploaded my picture every day and it still hasn't been put up. I'm thrilled that they are monitoring the photos finally! It's about time.

Evening everyone, I just voted on Elizabeths photo, I do not see others from here in yet.

I hope you are doing better Dan and healing ok.

Thanks, I am healing. It will not be over until he picks up his trash and gets his two junk vehicles out of Dad's yard.

Elizabeth is the only one I found in the gallery this morning and I voted her picture up. I also found out that my strategy of decreasing the contrast of my picture prior to upload worked PERFECTLY. Because the filter that Marlboro uses adds the contrast back in and my picture ends up as I intended it to. Now the details in my picture will be preserved instead of being obscured by the heavy contrast added by Marlboro. If anyone is interested, I am talking about the last filter on the right of the bottom row. I wish there was a NO FILTER option and wonder what reasoning Marlboro has for forcing the filters on folks.

M has another contest where you can upload pics....It was in the menu under capture the classic (or something similar to that.) This week it was about bar-b-q. Thought of you uvdan when I saw all the food! Enjoy your day everyone♥

M has another contest where you can upload pics....It was in the menu under capture the classic (or something similar to that.) This week it was about bar-b-q. Thought of you uvdan when I saw all the food! Enjoy your day everyone♥

Finally found Liz711's pic. Looked for it last night but couldn't find it. A whole lot more people posting pics with $500 on the line now. Mine from last night got posted and it's way down there. It's like the 37th row down and I posted it only about 15 hours ago.

VegasVegan I think I have you all voted up, but I will check again.

Tried to upload a new photo to see if they'll take this one. It's a cobblestone street in Heptonstall Village, Halifax, Scotland.

Voted up all and me...Zip, Hubby got his in today though....Mark G Forks of Salmon. At least one of us is doing okay! LOL

forksmother said:   Voted up all and me...Zip, Hubby got his in today though....Mark G Forks of Salmon. At least one of us is doing okay! LOL[/Q

Hubby and I voted Mark up also. It is so nice to see him get one in. Now how about some nice food photos for the barbecue pics. I agree with Elizabeth.

Had no computer all day with this tropical weather, it has been getting a poor signal and cutting out on the wireless, then the TV of course is going to go out , this area is not good for any satellite features. I was happy to finally get my PC back on. Still raining like heck though.

Elizabeth711 said:   M has another contest where you can upload pics....It was in the menu under capture the classic (or something similar to that.) This week it was about bar-b-q. Thought of you uvdan when I saw all the food! Enjoy your day everyone♥

I agree , the food photos are delicious looking!!!!

Voted up Mark, Elizabeth and Bruce.

Just tried to go vote and none of the pictures for any topic are coming up. It's also taking forever to get to that page.

I voted Southernbelle56, VegasVegan, and forksmother's husband up tonight.

Unable to upload anything on the Marlboro website, is anyone else having issues all of a sudden??

Couldn't upload last night but it worked this morning.

I've had a lot of problems too! They haven't uploaded any of my photo's in about a month!

Mine finally uploaded today, the photo I got in was from 2 days ago. Hubby still cannot upload either.

We can only pull up the first few rows of photos and then get a yellow error sign again?

Southernbelle56 said:   We can only pull up the first few rows of photos and then get a yellow error sign again?

Two days in a row.....No upload, and the yellow error sign when trying to look at pics too Have tried explorer and chrome...

I have seen no new pictures from people this morning. I am having no problems submitting myself, but my pics are not making the gallery.

I'm getting to the point of giving up with Marlboro photo contest. They haven't uploaded any of my pictures and I've had some really good ones. I'm very frustrated and annoyed after seeing some of the ridiculous ones that made it.

Grayce13 said:   I'm getting to the point of giving up with Marlboro photo contest. They haven't uploaded any of my pictures and I've had some really good ones. I'm very frustrated and annoyed after seeing some of the ridiculous ones that made it.

WONDERFUL PICTURES! At least we get to enjoy them here! Thank You!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014