Marlboro Biggest Night of the Year Contest 9/16 - 11/11

Archived From: Contests and Sweepstakes
  • 1 234520
  • Page
  • Text Only
rated:
New contest started today. Looks like it is somewhat along the lines of the Outwit the West contest they had last summer. It seems you have to answer a question.

www.marlboro.com/

Grand prize is a trip to Vegas and the usual suspects for lesser prizes....zippo lighters, portable speakers etc.

Having trouble getting in right now. Not sure if site is slammed or bad internet connection.

Edit: The questions are "opinion" questions...not of the trivia type

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Congrats on the win.

Southernbelle56 (Jul. 30, 2013 @ 10:17p) |

Thank You... have you gone before ??

richmo222 (Jul. 31, 2013 @ 1:13a) |

Congrats to Elizabeth711 for making the Capture the Unknown gallery!! Yours was the first one that came up this morning... (more)

uvdan (Aug. 01, 2013 @ 2:32p) |

just got on and entered for the first time, good luck. I won the portable speaker and the zippo in the last run, hope for something better this time.

Excited about this one!

Congrats on your win. I am wondering how that speaker is working out for you? Is that the wireless speaker?

The speaker is just this tiny little thing , you can plug it into you mp3 or Ipod . you charge it on your computer . you won't throw a banging party with it but it's okay and the fact that it was free is even better . Good luck to everyone on this new one .

Hubby won the Ace bottle opener for week 1. they are emailing winners today! nothing for me.

got the chalk board glass. wooohooo

congrats on your chalk board glass .

Been trying to get on the Marlboro site since 11;45, it says down for maintanance still at 12;10.

No prizes for week 1 so far. However, I am in for a wide angle phone lens...lol

No prizes for me either and I too sent away for the free phone lens . I am not sure how that's going to work cause I have an older phone but I always love getting stuff from Marlboro .

Hey everyone don't know if you all have checked out Marlboro.com for your free Wide-Angle Phone Lens from Marlboro Black . I sent away for mine , says it will take 12 to 14 weeks to come . So grab one for yourself .

I received an email yesterday saying I won the ace card bottle opener....Woo hoo it can go with the guitar opener

Congrats on your ace card bottle opener !

Congrats on winning the openers! sending in a picture tonite for the Vegas contest entry, "Dress to Impress" ought to be interesting. Anyone got a wrinkle eraser, my mirror is hard to impress! LOL

i hit the summit buton for the pic and the sight went down

i hit the summit buton for the pic and the sight went down

This week is submit a picture. Last week was write a short essay/message to enter. Do you think it matter on the quality of essay / or type of picture will better your odds/chance of winning?
Or, as long as you enter, your odds are the same regardless of essay/picture?

this weeks pic is all about the pic, quality, style, originality, your outfit and more

but don't follow me, i have never won the big prize. LOL

post your pic

Tried posting but site went down as soon as I hit Submit also, The site came back up and took it 30 minutes later., it did have to be in jpg and not pdf file.

i put mine in jpeg
not over 600 x 600 and 3mg

i would love to see what others came up with, talked with one person the other day that won the song list

So does the subject matter with the photo's?

yes

For the portfolio pictures it matters? Are there two different photo contests going on?

This is for everyone NOT to do what I just did! I thought the Portfolio was going to be 1 pic at at time submitted. I did the first picture and it said thank you, your portfolio has been accepted! I am now out of that part of the contest with only 1 photo in my portfolio. it pays to pay attention. I called Marlboro and they cannot undo it unfortunately.

Grayce13 said:   For the portfolio pictures it matters? Are there two different photo contests going on?

The Pictures are going to change every week. This week is anything that is an American artifact. Submit any picture of something truly American in JPEG.

The Portfolio is a one time thing!!!! You have to submit a file with 5 photos at once, which I found out the hard way on how to do. It does not mention the subject matters. I decided to do outdoor photos of somethings that are truly American. There are quite of lot of True American stuff that no one has entered yet.

I take a lot of nature pictures and was wondering if they would be a good idea for the portfolio.

how do those speakers work. I just got the e-mail I won 1. I always wanted wireless but didn't want to pay the price for more shoddy products but free is a great price.

the essay ?? and possibly the pic's are to determine who they invite. It's a studio 54 thing. Were all standing in line and the bouncer doorman decides if your worthy enough to enter. They are looking at the results looking for an eclectic crowd. Most of us smokers are older and are the ones that go to the "M" site most often.

There was no way I was going to submit my picture for the dress to impress. LOL But I am submitting daily in the Marlboro Black contest. I have noticed in the Marlboro Black contest that several people are submitting the same photo as each other.

I found out I won the green portable speaker thingie in the Biggest Night of the Year. That is the first thing I have won in this contest. I am collecting my better photography to asses what I will send in on the portfolio contest.

Yes, I believe it would be good. For the portfolio contest, they want to see a continuity between the photos that you submit. So all your photos for that should follow the same "theme" more or less. For instance submit all nature photography, or submit all macro photography, or submit all product photography, etc..

This reply was for Grayce 13 of Oct,9.

Thanks!!

uvdan said:   There was no way I was going to submit my picture for the dress to impress. LOL But I am submitting daily in the Marlboro Black contest. I have noticed in the Marlboro Black contest that several people are submitting the same photo as each other.

I found out I won the green portable speaker thingie in the Biggest Night of the Year. That is the first thing I have won in this contest. I am collecting my better photography to asses what I will send in on the portfolio contest.

Congrats on the win! I have not seen too many winners here. Its great that our Family members here have won something. I have not won anything in 4 wks, so Keep the luck going !!!!

I haven't submitted my 5, because I still can't figure out how to put all 5 together in PDF....grrr, And my everyday submission at the same size, as previous day 600x600 1mb max , one day will go in and the next day not.....I guess it's time to call.

Haven't won nothing yet, but I accidentally sent a picture of my granddaughter and I dancing in flannels in the living room, instead of the one next to it for last week LOL!

Forksmother there are free PDF conversion programs online, or if you have MS Office 2007 or later you can use that to save as PDF.

VegasVegan said:   Forksmother there are free PDF conversion programs online, or if you have MS Office 2007 or later you can use that to save as PDF.

THANK YOU! I have used that program to convert to PDF, It should be easy to do the photos too! Thank You Again!

Skipping 759 Messages...
Congrats to Elizabeth711 for making the Capture the Unknown gallery!! Yours was the first one that came up this morning as I browsed the gallery. I voted you right up.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014