Marlboro Biggest Night of the Year Contest 9/16 - 11/11

Archived From: Contests and Sweepstakes
  • 1 2 34520
  • Page
  • Text Only
forksmother said:   I haven't submitted my 5, because I still can't figure out how to put all 5 together in PDF....grrr, And my everyday submission at the same size, as previous day 600x600 1mb max , one day will go in and the next day not.....I guess it's time to call.

Haven't won nothing yet, but I accidentally sent a picture of my granddaughter and I dancing in flannels in the living room, instead of the one next to it for last week LOL!

Cute PDF writer is free and it does the job nicely.Free Cute PDF Writer

forksmother said:   I haven't submitted my 5, because I still can't figure out how to put all 5 together in PDF....grrr, And my everyday submission at the same size, as previous day 600x600 1mb max , one day will go in and the next day not.....I guess it's time to call.

Haven't won nothing yet, but I accidentally sent a picture of my granddaughter and I dancing in flannels in the living room, instead of the one next to it for last week LOL!

I cannot stop laughing!!! That would be a great Americana Picture now! Now that is Amercan all the way.

wish i could win something

hi everyone...

this weekends contest is not something i think i will do...

SweetChile said:   this weekends contest is not something i think i will do...

I agree to that! at my age I cannot see me trying to load a video to Marlboro.! I just blew the camera contest by loading my portfolio wrong and it cannot be undone. Not everyone is computer Friendly. In fact most of the members here on this site helped me to learn the computer, everyone is like family here. thank you Y'all

SweetChile said:   wish i could win something

I will pray that you win something! Think positive, think the Big V for Vegas...Think Mailbox Come on Fed Ex bring SweetChile a nice present from Marlboro!!!!!

Ok new question for someone...How do we shrink from 3.45 to 1 mb without losing half the photo? I have tried paint and it takes away most of the pic.

Southernbelle56 said:   Ok new question for someone...How do we shrink from 3.45 to 1 mb without losing half the photo? I have tried paint and it takes away most of the pic.

What programs do you have that can open a pic?

If you have Microsoft Office you can open with Microsoft Office Picture Manager and you can compress the picture you can also make the pic smaller in paint without losing any of the photo. Go to resize and make sure "maintain aspect ratio" box is checked.

If you right click a pic and then go to "open with" and tell me what programs are listed I may be able to help you.

won movie tickets to day from marboro gold

VegasVegan said:   Southernbelle56 said:   Ok new question for someone...How do we shrink from 3.45 to 1 mb without losing half the photo? I have tried paint and it takes away most of the pic.

If you have Microsoft Office you can open with Microsoft Office Picture Manager and you can compress the picture you can also make the pic smaller in paint without losing any of the photo. Go to resize and make sure "maintain aspect ratio" box is checked.

If you right click a pic and then go to "open with" and tell me what programs are listed I may be able to help you.

Ihave paint on my windows xp but when I open up paint I see nothing that says eith resize or Maintain? what would it be under when I open up paint? And Thank you so much for taking the time to help!!!! Hope you too win a trip to Vegas!

dddeckard said:   won movie tickets to day from marboro gold

thats fantastic!! I hear of quite a few that did.

Southernbelle56 said:   VegasVegan said:   Southernbelle56 said:   Ok new question for someone...How do we shrink from 3.45 to 1 mb without losing half the photo? I have tried paint and it takes away most of the pic.

Ihave paint on my windows xp but when I open up paint I see nothing that says eith resize or Maintain? what would it be under when I open up paint? And Thank you so much for taking the time to help!!!! Hope you too win a trip to Vegas!

Sorry that was for Win7, for XP open your pic in paint then go to Image then Stretch/Skew. You will see 100% in both horizontal and vertical. Change both to the same number....I'd start with 75%. Then go to "file" and use "save as" so your orig. pic wont be changed. Name the new pic and then check it's properties to see if it is small enough. Repeat process if necessary. Will take some trial and error to get it right.

BTW just got email I won the Travel Earbuds Set

Southernbelle56 said:   SweetChile said:   this weekends contest is not something i think i will do...

I agree to that! at my age I cannot see me trying to load a video to Marlboro.! I just blew the camera contest by loading my portfolio wrong and it cannot be undone. Not everyone is computer Friendly. In fact most of the members here on this site helped me to learn the computer, everyone is like family here. thank you Y'all

How do you know it involves uploading a video? I just went there and it says contest is not open yet come back tomorrow.

uvdan said:   Southernbelle56 said:   SweetChile said:   this weekends contest is not something i think i will do...

How do you know it involves uploading a video? I just went there and it says contest is not open yet come back tomorrow.

I googled the rules to paste and send to my mom in email, because she wanted a list of the prizes, I do this with all the contest for her, I came across this...Official Rules-Marlboro.com and it says for week 5, so maybe Marlboro put it on google to try and give everyone a heads up? I also saw it on another site., and questioned it also. so if you google it exactly as Official Rules-Marlboro.com and read down to challenge, it has week 5!

I checked the page and it is from Marlboro!!! It may be some sort of test from Marlboro, to see who wants the trips bad enough.

Thank you VegasVegan for the info....It worked and my photos are now 1mb. Congrats on the Win! Now get that trip to Vegas...

Southernbelle56 said:   I checked the page and it is from Marlboro!!! It may be some sort of test from Marlboro, to see who wants the trips bad enough.
Thanks. Video yourself telling a joke. All of a sudden, my jokes don't seem too funny.....

uvdan said:   Southernbelle56 said:   I checked the page and it is from Marlboro!!! It may be some sort of test from Marlboro, to see who wants the trips bad enough.
Thanks. Video yourself telling a joke. All of a sudden, my jokes don't seem too funny.....

My husband and I feel the same.! Now if we could tell the funniest pranks we would sure have a chance for a trip!

Does anyone know about the "Very Important preformance" contest for this weekend on Marlboro's site?

"Very Important Performance"
V.I.P. Lounges are difficult to get into by design. write and original essay telling us the best story you've ever used to get past the Velvet ropes of a V.I.P. Lounge. Essays limited to a maximum of 750 characters, thats including the spaces and punctuation.

Good luck All

Got my bottle opener !

MisterPlow said:   Got my bottle opener !

Welcome MisterPlow I also won a bottle opener...hope I can use it at the Marlboro Ranch. Fingers crossed to win the trip!

is everyone done writing their story this weekend?

Thanks Elizabeth. While I'd love to win the big one, it's nice that they have tons of small prizes.

dddeckard said:   is everyone done writing their story this weekend?

I entered my story, it wasn't too good. I couldn't think of anything clever

MisterPlow said:   Thanks Elizabeth. While I'd love to win the big one, it's nice that they have tons of small prizes.

You're very welcome. Marlboro is really great about sending out nice gifts.

I took a differant approach at this week, can't wait to share and see what everyone thinks.

Ok here is the story i gave to marlboro, tell me what you think.

I'm standing at the worlds last velvet rope! Submitted my last song list for them to play. While they looked over my list, I shared some ending bartender advice I heard last night. Still not getting past the ropes but dressed to impress all the folks. I decided to pass them my drink creation before the beginning of the devastation. Thinking they may enjoy a good laugh and let me pass I told my world ending joke. Now here I stand telling a story on getting past the velvet ropes. A last night in Vegas is beyond my wildest hopes.

dddeckard said:   Ok here is the story i gave to marlboro, tell me what you think.

I'm standing at the worlds last velvet rope! Submitted my last song list for them to play. While they looked over my list, I shared some ending bartender advice I heard last night. Still not getting past the ropes but dressed to impress all the folks. I decided to pass them my drink creation before the beginning of the devastation. Thinking they may enjoy a good laugh and let me pass I told my world ending joke. Now here I stand telling a story on getting past the velvet ropes. A last night in Vegas is beyond my wildest hopes.

Very cute & very creative! I told the bouncer that I had been there the night before & the owner requested I return tomorrow to vote for the employee of the month, who would receive a $1000.00 bonus on their check. I said I was voting for him & had to get in quickly to vote......my story is not great but I couldn't think of anything.

I'm not doing the dance for next weekend, i s*ck at dancing. someone else can win that week. LOL

dddeckard said:   I'm not doing the dance for next weekend, i s*ck at dancing. someone else can win that week. LOL

You got that right! Enough with the pics and stuff..... LOL Glad I'm not the only one! ;(

uvdan said:   forksmother said:   I haven't submitted my 5, because I still can't figure out how to put all 5 together in PDF....grrr, And my everyday submission at the same size, as previous day 600x600 1mb max , one day will go in and the next day not.....I guess it's time to call.

Cute PDF writer is free and it does the job nicely.Free Cute PDF Writer

Thank You! It's loaded and am playing with it! Looks goooooood! Again, Thank You!

Ok here's one for the day! How can the same photo be submitted and Marlboro post it, from 3 diferent people in 2 different states?

The tornado pic shows up 3 times

Janet V-Monticello NY row3
Lisa A. Monticello NY row 10
Brian B. Theodore AL row 45

How can this be? I thought we were to use our own pics and not from the internet, and not each others also?

Southernbelle56 said:   Ok here's one for the day! How can the same photo be submitted and Marlboro post it, from 3 diferent people in 2 different states?

How can this be? I thought we were to use our own pics and not from the internet, and not each others also?

I have noticed that too..

Southernbelle56 said:   Ok here's one for the day! How can the same photo be submitted and Marlboro post it, from 3 diferent people in 2 different states?

Agree with both of you! It has been rumored on a lot of sites, that people are using "stock" internet pics for submissions. I guess all three of us have seen the same thing! So Sad.....We're submitting OUR pics....and actually "playing the game"

At least those of us non cheaters can feel good about ourselves even if we do not win anything. it is a shame that people can get that low to cheat. Where's their conscious? What makes it worse is that D.L. Blair posted all 3 of the identical photos from different states and did not notice the cheating!!!!

Elizabeth711 said:   dddeckard said:   Ok here is the story i gave to marlboro, tell me what you think.

Very cute & very creative! I told the bouncer that I had been there the night before & the owner requested I return tomorrow to vote for the employee of the month, who would receive a $1000.00 bonus on their check. I said I was voting for him & had to get in quickly to vote......my story is not great but I couldn't think of anything.

I think your essays were great! I had a hard time so here is what I wrote,

Everyone loves to be on Camera. This was my one chance, so I walk up to the 2 attendants and ask if they could help me carry my heavy bags of presents into the party, but first would they mind taking a picture for the Party. Of course I
was standing there with my camera and also handed them a nicely boxed gift of chocolate attached to a Champagne bottle
and Balloon. They were so sweet to move the ropes aside and carry in my shopping bags filled with Balloons and bottles of Champagne. Wow, The Marlboro Party is Great here in Vegas! Thank you Marlboro for giving me a wonderful Dream and maybe someday I will get a real chance to try this out.

here is my story:

12/21/2012 Beginning of the End! The first thing I did was create a rock the house song list, took the vast wisdom on tap in hopes of moving on past. Knowing I needed to get into the worlds last party, I was dressed to impress and looking my best. The next thing I did was create a serve chilled drink that everyone would like to try before they die. Did my best to break the ice with my jokes and now I'm standing at the VIP ropes.

that was a nice story, i sure hope more of us get the vip trip.
this weeks dance contest is not for me, think i'll skip this week. GLTY

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014