Marlboro Biggest Night of the Year Contest 9/16 - 11/11

Archived From: Contests and Sweepstakes
  • 18 9 10111220
  • Page
  • Text Only
Grayce13 said:   Found your palm tree!! Uploaded dogs playing at the dog park for the "tense" one. Can't think of anything else right now

I will make sure I hit that one up. Thanks.

My first pic under the Cables category is of my left hand on my guitar neck. Daniel G Mesa AZ

Well it is after midnight local time now. I have responded to several of the most recent posts in the Flavor Makers category, but no rub offer is showing up in my offers.

uvdan said:   Well it is after midnight local time now. I have responded to several of the most recent posts in the Flavor Makers category, but no rub offer is showing up in my offers.

Maybe the rub offer is over, it is not in my offers either I did get 2 in the mail, both different, that are quite tasty.
Belle, the picture of your cable bill would be sooooooo funny!

Elizabeth711 said:   uvdan said:   Well it is after midnight local time now. I have responded to several of the most recent posts in the Flavor Makers category, but no rub offer is showing up in my offers.

Maybe the rub offer is over, it is not in my offers either I did get 2 in the mail, both different, that are quite tasty.
Belle, the picture of your cable bill would be sooooooo funny!

I did not get message for the rub either, but Vinny and Jon did an end of the road speech, so I gather the rub offer has ended. Forksmother said there is an address on the Jar of rub, which I have not checked out yet, and you can order it for $5.00 each. She said the rub was made special for Marlboro. let me grab a bottle and check.....yes...it says
"Seasons Harvest"
Harbert, Michigan
www.seasonsharvest.com This is good to know where we can get it from. I like it.

I never get emails from M even though I've tried two different emails, all my settings allow it but after the first one I never see another.

So for the tense situations, I'm going a little outside the box for that one. I've uploaded dogs playing in the park and will upload my friend and I as zombies trying to eat my nephew. I think that could be a tense situation lol Otherwise, I got nothin'.

uvdan said:   Grayce13 said:   Found your palm tree!! Uploaded dogs playing at the dog park for the "tense" one. Can't think of anything else right now

I will make sure I hit that one up. Thanks.

My first pic under the Cables category is of my left hand on my guitar neck. Daniel G Mesa AZ

Hubby and I just voted on your guitar neck photo, you are right next to my photo of 911!!!!! I see they are posting very creative photos this week., being the guitar which is AWESOME, and some other "weird ones, I think the toe/foot one is disgusting! I cannot see how that got posted YUCK! I could never post something like that giving my name. LOL But to each his own, that is what photography is..again YUCK!

Just voted on Belle's & uvdan's photos....The photo of the VERY GROSS foot makes me ill! Wonder why M would choose a photo like that? Oh well, I guess it would be tense if it was my foot Have a great day everyone.

I see a lot of Bridges, try to put something unusual in. There are tension cables/wires from telephone poles, shocks under the car, anyone got a Slingshot? A photo of tug of war, leaving out the faces, These are just a few ideas that may help some of you. What about the biggest one of all....I am too old to remember the name of it, but when you jump off the bridge and hang from a bouncing rubber type line? I know those would be good photos. Good Luck...I shall do the Marlboro dance again for all of you! LOL ooopppps....what about A kite, it is held by a long rope and tension would be the wind?

Elizabeth711 said:   Just voted on Belle's & uvdan's photos....The photo of the VERY GROSS foot makes me ill! Wonder why M would choose a photo like that? Oh well, I guess it would be tense if it was my foot Have a great day everyone.

Thank you , I am so glad someone sees it the way I do, thank goodness I am not eating while checking out the photos. LOL

Have a great day everyone.

The pic I posted was a bronze statue of a man climbing a rock, holding a cable line building the Hoover Dam. M must not of liked it. To me it was better then that darn infected toe pic....that is sooooooo weird.

Elizabeth711 said:   The pic I posted was a bronze statue of a man climbing a rock, holding a cable line building the Hoover Dam. M must not of liked it. To me it was better then that darn infected toe pic....that is sooooooo weird.
It might come up tomorrow. That infected toe pic is awful. I need to post one of my notices of overdue medical bills from the bill collector. Now that is tension. I spent three hours in the emergency room, they found nothing wrong with me and sent me home with an eleven thousand dollar bill.

I will keep checking back for everyone's pics. My next one is a fishing pole under tension. Daniel G Mesa AZ

Time to take a stand here for all of the FW members who are trying hard to get their ORIGINSAL" photos in....

It is not fair that cheaters get away with publishing works off the internet and get lots of votes for the cheating photo also!
The photo of the tornado is off of the internet of of the Noaa Gov website, I shall attach the link for everyone to see. Joseph K of winfield KS cheated and used the photo from this website. there is also 5 other websites that the photo was used on. I hit report under his photo and so should everyone else! Here you all are trying so hard to be original, it just makes me so mad that people can cheat in these contest. link is....www.srh.noaa.gov/jetstream/tstorms/tornado.htm

in the beginning of the contest I also pointed out in extreme weather I also pointed out where 3 different people from different states used the same tornado photo each and they have up to 100 votes! This is disgusting on the cheating! everyone should hit REPORT on the photo from KS!

Now that I have ranted...I shall root for all of you to get your photo published. Have a great day everyone.

I totally agree with you! I'll report that pic too!

Southernbelle56 said:   Now that I have ranted...I shall root for all of you to get your photo published. Have a great day everyone.

Does anyone know how many more weeks for this contest? Belle is right, I have seen some of the photos on the internet too. Maybe their lives are so boring they don't have any pictures so they use someone elses...uvdan, I will look for your fishing pole. Everyone have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND

When one is trying to find out if images come from the web, the tineye reverse image search is your tool of choice. You can upload an image from your computer or provide a url address. I am a moderator at Renderosity.com and we use this all the time to bust copyright violators. Here is the link.

http://www.tineye.com/

Grayce13 said:   I never get emails from M even though I've tried two different emails, all my settings allow it but after the first one I never see another.

So for the tense situations, I'm going a little outside the box for that one. I've uploaded dogs playing in the park and will upload my friend and I as zombies trying to eat my nephew. I think that could be a tense situation lol Otherwise, I got nothin'.

Which category are these pictures in? I am looking and cannot find them? What is your handle on the Marlboro site again?

uvdan said:   When one is trying to find out if images come from the web, the tineye reverse image search is your tool of choice. You can upload an image from your computer or provide a url address. I am a moderator at Renderosity.com and we use this all the time to bust copyright violators. Here is the link.

http://www.tineye.com/

Tineye is where I ran up the photo, been using the site for years and it works great.!

Marlboro is offering a music download card (they mail it to you) to the first 6,000 who comment on a new lounge they are promoting..it is under Flavor Makers and also in your offers. Enjoy

Elizabeth711 said:   Marlboro is offering a music download card (they mail it to you) to the first 6,000 who comment on a new lounge they are promoting..it is under Flavor Makers and also in your offers. Enjoy

THANK YOU for the heads up! I'll be sad though if the rubs went away, but at least, commenting is fun! All of you did great "reporting" the couple pics I saw, because when I went on this am (1pm est) they were gone! And voted on Vegas/belle and her husband all in a row! Congrats! Now to try and get mine and hubby's up....

Thanks for the heads up on the download card! I am going in to vote everybody up tonight. So far my entries are my hand on my guitar neck, my fishing pole bent under tension, and my mountain bike spokes. Daniel G Mesa AZ As near as I can tell the only one they have up yet is the guitar one.

I reported the tornado pic as well, but no form came up for me to tell them about the copyright violation aspect.

I see the tornado photo from Joseph K of Winfield Kansas is still up.

Still haven't seen my zombie or dogs pic but oh well. I've voted on all of you guys pix I've seen. Thanks for the heads up on the music downloads. I think I'm going to puke every time I see that toe.

Marlboro is posting some strange pictures this week! A shoe, bread, a dead bird, and of course "THE TOE!" Have a Happy Ground Hog Day. Should post a pic of a groundhog seeing his shadow....6 more weeks of winter in Nebraska makes me tense.

Elizabeth711 said:   Marlboro is posting some strange pictures this week! A shoe, bread, a dead bird, and of course "THE TOE!" Have a Happy Ground Hog Day. Should post a pic of a groundhog seeing his shadow....6 more weeks of winter in Nebraska makes me tense.

Mom and I say thank you for the heads up on the music, we got in there in time thanks to you.

uvdan said:   Thanks for the heads up on the download card! I am going in to vote everybody up tonight. So far my entries are my hand on my guitar neck, my fishing pole bent under tension, and my mountain bike spokes. Daniel G Mesa AZ As near as I can tell the only one they have up yet is the guitar one.

I reported the tornado pic as well, but no form came up for me to tell them about the copyright violation aspect.

I see the tornado photo from Joseph K of Winfield Kansas is still up.

It is still up, when I hit report a box opens up to hit submit. I cannot believe it is still posted. It is like blessing the cheaters, I am angry that they have no class to be that low. not fair to all of those who work hard to post natural photos they took the time to get.

My cardinal picture from the reflections topic has 26 votes already, my koi are just behind it a little. Still haven't seen any new ones of ours.

Grayce13 said:   My cardinal picture from the reflections topic has 26 votes already, my koi are just behind it a little. Still haven't seen any new ones of ours.

Congrats on the votes! I am a little upset that the cheating tornado photo from KS has made 20 votes! I will pray that you all get your photos in tomorrow after the weekend, and maybe knock the tornado photo into the gutter numbers.

Yes Forksmother, I went to sleep in my Ravens Shirt. Your team gave a great game I must say! Thousands were setting off fireworks all night long. No sleep here.

Hubby got his giant wheel with cable in this week, it is under James E. From Ft. Wash. We took that at the Fort itself. It opens the giant fort door.

I just voted on all other photos for this week. UVDan has some nice ones and so does VegasVegan. Good luck everyone,

Start thinking about Wednesdays photo of Solitude., standing alone. I had to think hard on that one. does anyone have a street sign named Solitary or solitude around? I guess it could be for anything that is one and by itself? I have to go digging on this myself. Have a great day everyone, and will keep an eye out for new photos to vote on.

So there's another cheater, the cat kicking the dog in the face has been around the internet for years. I reported it. Still haven't seen one of mine but no worries. My cardinal is up to 30! So why are we doing this if there's no more prizes?

I notice another downloaded from the web from Saminder G of Belleview TX. A cat karate kicking a bulldog. That one is all over the web at most of the cute animal picture sites.

They got everybody else's fishing pole picture up but mine it seems.

Grayce13 said:   So there's another cheater, the cat kicking the dog in the face has been around the internet for years. I reported it. Still haven't seen one of mine but no worries. My cardinal is up to 30! So why are we doing this if there's no more prizes?

You never know what might be sitting around the ol warehouse.

Grayce13 said:   So there's another cheater, the cat kicking the dog in the face has been around the internet for years. I reported it. Still haven't seen one of mine but no worries. My cardinal is up to 30! So why are we doing this if there's no more prizes?

Not sure when it ends, but who knows, maybe Marlboro will be nice and send something out to the die hards who have not given up. Theres got to be some reason they have kept it going on. Just remember to vote thumbs up on the flavor makers and leave comments on everything you can! Show some of that dedication and visit more of the website each day you can!!!!!

The reason they are keeping it going is "All material submitted becomes the sole property of Presenter and will not be acknowledged or returned." They are building a a nice lil' Cache of free advertising pics.

VegasVegan said:   The reason they are keeping it going is "All material submitted becomes the sole property of Presenter and will not be acknowledged or returned." They are building a a nice lil' Cache of free advertising pics.

That would be awesome if I saw one of my photos in something they advertised. I would be proud. Go Marlboro. If not I could gladly use another bottle opener for my Marlboro collection. Or a carton of smokes would be nice!

I wonder what they would do when they find out they have a few cheaters who used photos from the internet! Are these people that stupid! I hope it comes back to bite those cheaters in their assets!

My cardinal in reflections has 32 votes and is number 2, my koi are number 9. I'm 5 away from being number one, pretty cool.

Grayce13 said:   My cardinal in reflections has 32 votes and is number 2, my koi are number 9. I'm 5 away from being number one, pretty cool.

You are doing great, the rest of us have only 11 votes or so, not so good on the votes.

VegasVegan and Elizabeth711 got new photos in, Lets hope this week Forskmother and Grayce13 get some in also. It would be nice to see Marlboro put in a few from Forksmother! I am rooting for you!!!!!

OK, between the nasty toe and the stuffed cat head and all the cheaters, I will be glad this weeks photos is over! Oh what a week it was.!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.