Marlboro Biggest Night of the Year Contest 9/16 - 11/11

Archived From: Contests and Sweepstakes
  • 111 12 13141520
  • Page
  • Text Only
Southernbelle56 said:   here is a photo of a Woodpecker in the snow in the tree this morning, it is staring me down. "You looking at me" cause "I'm looking at you"!

We have a bird feeder in the back yard. We don't see woodpeckers very often, so I really enjoyed your photos. Also my photos for Marlboro are not being posted either. I have been throwing the darts everyday...no win yet, but fingers crossed x!

Elizabeth711 said:   Southernbelle56 said:   here is a photo of a Woodpecker in the snow in the tree this morning, it is staring me down. "You looking at me" cause "I'm looking at you"!

We have a bird feeder in the back yard. We don't see woodpeckers very often, so I really enjoyed your photos. Also my photos for Marlboro are not being posted either. I have been throwing the darts everyday...no win yet, but fingers crossed x!

Thankyou. He stared me down when I went out to take his photo, I did use the zoom also. Maybe this week we can get some photos in! Or Fatwallet members can win a gift!!!! Go TEAM....

I like a birdfeeder for Hummingbirds, except the bees and ants like them too much also.

Hubby got a photo in finally...Hooorahh! He got our baby grace in her cereal bowl yelling for her breakfast LOL

Southernbelle56 said:   Hubby got a photo in finally...Hooorahh! He got our baby grace in her cereal bowl yelling for her breakfast LOL

I will go look for baby grace. We do not have many hummingbirds in Nebraska. We were looking at a house to buy in Copper Gulch, Colorado...they said we should not put up a hummingbird feeder there because it would attrack the bears! Holy Cow!

Nice shot of the woodpecker Belle and sorry about your snow. It will probably hit 80 here today. I seem to have misplaced my sunblock though. Elizabeth it is hard to believe those bears can not find enough picnic baskets to steal and have to resort to a liquid diet from bird feeders. I bet grilled bear tastes pretty good. Maybe you could get some recipes on the Marlboro site?

They finally showcased my backyard on the map. Superstition Mountain and the Lost Dutchman Mine. I have been looking for that mine without success for some time. People die here ever year because they are not prepared for how wild it is and how hot it is. I can look out my window and see the Superstition Mtn. three miles away. I have posted many pictures of it on the Marlboro site. Seven years ago while on a treasure hunting website I let it be known that I was looking for the LDM. I immediately received an email from a kook calling himself Arizona Bill challenging me to a gunfight at high noon on Apache Trail (the main street in Apache Junction).

They started posting pictures again. That kitten in the bowl is too cute! Voted. And I voted up Vegas Vegans ice fishing picture too!

I sure hope they get around to posting up one or two of mine.

uvdan said:   Nice shot of the woodpecker Belle and sorry about your snow. It will probably hit 80 here today. I seem to have misplaced my sunblock though. Elizabeth it is hard to believe those bears can not find enough picnic baskets to steal and have to resort to a liquid diet from bird feeders. I bet grilled bear tastes pretty good. Maybe you could get some recipes on the Marlboro site?

I cannot stop laughing.....if you get any Bear Ribs let us know! The Bears love the Sweet taste of the hummingbird nectar, and there is no way you could pay me to hang one of the hummingbird feeders out West, unless I learned how to use a shotgun. Elizabeth, just make sure you have nothing sweet in your trash or outside.

Wow Dan those are some awesome photos of the mountains and out West. What beauty to wake up to everyday! You should put them in for tonites photos also. I love the 80 degrees. It is sooooo cold here right now the tanning lotion will freeze to your body LOL.

Thankyou for the votes from everyone for hubby. I voted on Vegas photo also.

Elizabeth711 said:   Southernbelle56 said:   Hubby got a photo in finally...Hooorahh! He got our baby grace in her cereal bowl yelling for her breakfast LOL

I will go look for baby grace. We do not have many hummingbirds in Nebraska. We were looking at a house to buy in Copper Gulch, Colorado...they said we should not put up a hummingbird feeder there because it would attrack the bears! Holy Cow!

Let me know when you get to Colorado. I lived in Colorado Springs for ten years and learned quite a few places to dig Dinosaur Bone, Jasper, and other things. Every weekend you could find me at Devil's Head digging for Smoky Quartz and Topaz gemstones. I NEVER came home empty handed. I usually pulled into work on Monday with my camping gear still in the back of my 74 International ScoutII.

Thanks for the vote Dan. Wish I had my camera with me but only had my phone. Still too cold for me in the water. Even in August I have to get out every 15 min. or so when fishing the high mountain lakes.

uvdan said:   Elizabeth711 said:   Southernbelle56 said:   Hubby got a photo in finally...Hooorahh! He got our baby grace in her cereal bowl yelling for her breakfast LOL

Let me know when you get to Colorado. I lived in Colorado Springs for ten years and learned quite a few places to dig Dinosaur Bone, Jasper, and other things. Every weekend you could find me at Devil's Head digging for Smoky Quartz and Topaz gemstones. I NEVER came home empty handed. I usually pulled into work on Monday with my camping gear still in the back of my 74 International ScoutII.

The house we wanted sold pretty quickly. We have friends in Canon City that are keeping us posted if any other places become available. We have pink quartz from SD. Did you ever search for arrow heads? Maybe I will just move to the Marlboro Ranch!

VegasVegan said:   Thanks for the vote Dan. Wish I had my camera with me but only had my phone. Still too cold for me in the water. Even in August I have to get out every 15 min. or so when fishing the high mountain lakes.

When I lived in Great Falls Montana as a boy, I was in Boy Scouts and our summer camp was on the shores of St. Marys Lake at Glacier National Park. I remember that NOBODY wanted to take swim classes. If it was not the cold water, it was fear of the monster Pike that we knew were lurking to grab us and pull us under. I was also afraid of the Grizzly Bears. We have snakes and tarantulas and scorpions here in Arizona, but they will not hunt you down and eat you.

Here are some of my entries for this past week that never got posted.

Wow you have some great photos, I have my fingers crossed this week some of us or all of us get posted.

There is nothing like getting up and going mining for gems and coming home with some beauties. I mined for Gold in the past and had a blast. The Earth is one big treasure chest/

Good luck house hunting Elizabeth. Love a new house, but leave out Snakes, Bears, Tarantulas, and just about anything that bites or likes to eat people! LOL I was afraid to go into the waters in Florida because of all the Gators! I watched a Duck land in the water and in one snap it was gone. I still have nightmares.

Southernbelle56 said:   Good luck house hunting Elizabeth. Love a new house, but leave out Snakes, Bears, Tarantulas, and just about anything that bites or likes to eat people! LOL I was afraid to go into the waters in Florida because of all the Gators! I watched a Duck land in the water and in one snap it was gone. I still have nightmares.

We are just kind of looking, not too serious about moving from Ne. All of our family is here and most of our friends. Just would like to move somewhere warmer & a little more scenic. Also, Marlboro only shows me about 8 photos & then it says there was an error. Been trying to vote for everyone's photos, they just do not show up. I really enjoy the pics on here that you guys are posting. If I worked for Marlboro we would all be WINNERS! I did win $50.00 on Camel last week so that was good. Go Fat Wallet friends & win some prizes

Southernbelle56 said:   Good luck house hunting Elizabeth. Love a new house, but leave out Snakes, Bears, Tarantulas, and just about anything that bites or likes to eat people! LOL I was afraid to go into the waters in Florida because of all the Gators! I watched a Duck land in the water and in one snap it was gone. I still have nightmares.

We are just kind of looking, not too serious about moving from Ne. All of our family is here and most of our friends. Just would like to move somewhere warmer & a little more scenic. Also, Marlboro only shows me about 8 photos & then it says there was an error. Been trying to vote for everyone's photos, they just do not show up. I really enjoy the pics on here that you guys are posting. If I worked for Marlboro we would all be WINNERS! I did win $50.00 on Camel last week so that was good. Go Fat Wallet friends & win some prizes

Congrats on that Camel win. I think I liked collecting the miles from the packs much better than the internet games. At least you were GUARANTEED to get something. They could have put coupons in the packs with a number on it and you had to verify the coupon and your age online.

Southernbelle56 said:   Wow you have some great photos, I have my fingers crossed this week some of us or all of us get posted.

There is nothing like getting up and going mining for gems and coming home with some beauties. I mined for Gold in the past and had a blast. The Earth is one big treasure chest/

I love prospecting for gold too. I build drywashers and spent soooooooooooooooooo much time in the Golfield Mountains and in the Picketpost Mountain area. I used to watch cowboys bring the range cattle up Alamo Wash to get them to the water tanks. While drywashing, I would turn up Indian pottery fragments in my riffle tray. I wish I would of had a camera with me back then.

One third of all the gold ever mined sits at the bottom of the ocean from shipwrecks.

OK now you got me thinking, maybe I should get a divers suit!!!! and maybe some swimming lessons! LOL I watch that show where they go out in the boats in the alaskan waters for Gold, that is a bit scary. I think maybe I will stick to a metal detector and the sandy beaches, and a little panning out West when I can. It is such an enjoyment when you do find something, too bad your camera was not with you when you found the relics.

Photos are messing up again.....getting a yellow error sign again and it will not load up more than 8 photos. It is a shame because the whole week goes by and you cannot vote on the other photos on there.

If it is their intention to only load a dozen photos into the gallery each week, they should wait and pick the best ones.

Congrats on the Win Elizabeth711. Love to hear the family here at Fatwallet winning some good stuff. Keep up the Winning!!!!!!

uvdan said:   If it is their intention to only load a dozen photos into the gallery each week, they should wait and pick the best ones.

Love the photo of Rusty and Monster! They should have made it in. What 2 little angels they are.

Southernbelle56 said:   uvdan said:   If it is their intention to only load a dozen photos into the gallery each week, they should wait and pick the best ones.

Love the photo of Rusty and Monster! They should have made it in. What 2 little angels they are.

Thanks we have taken in quite a few feral cats down through the years. I was looking through old photos the other day and came upon several cats with Rusty whose names I cannot remember anymore. Rusty was 17 when we had to put her down.

uvdan said:   Southernbelle56 said:   uvdan said:   If it is their intention to only load a dozen photos into the gallery each week, they should wait and pick the best ones.

Thanks we have taken in quite a few feral cats down through the years. I was looking through old photos the other day and came upon several cats with Rusty whose names I cannot remember anymore. Rusty was 17 when we had to put her down.

So sorry. I know how hard that is too! you lose a part of yourself also and it is so heartbreaking. Just went through that with mom, her dog was gored in the backyard by a wild boar. Yard is now fenced in for her safety also. They actually sent a hunting team in afterwards from the State and they caught 5 of them in the traps. Do you have wild Boars where you are at? I do know about the Tarantulas...keeeeeeeep them please...

No boars. We have Javelina. They are much smaller, but still hurt pets....and sometimes adult people too. Sorry about your mom's doggie.

Some more pictures are up this morning. I voted up James E for the shot out the airplane window. I also spent time last night catching up on old postings and voted up some of Vegas Vegan's that I missed prev.

In eastern Nebraska we only have rabbits and deer...Only saw a wild boar at a Hunter's expo. Scary looking & did not know they would attack domestic animals. So very sorry about your mom's dog, that is so sad. Voted on Jame's pic. Wish I was in an airplane going somewhere! Also I went to download with the music card on Billboard and my security system said it might cause harm to my computer so I didn't download. Is it safe? Everyone have a great week and "LETS WIN BIG!"

I have not gotten any of my music cards yet. Supposedly there are three on their way to me. If you are using Mcaffee or Norton, they often give false results. Anti virus software is still not an exact science. I would think Billboard would be a safe site. I would go ahead and download, but that is just me.

uvdan said:   I have not gotten any of my music cards yet. Supposedly there are three on their way to me. If you are using Mcaffee or Norton, they often give false results. Anti virus software is still not an exact science. I would think Billboard would be a safe site. I would go ahead and download, but that is just me.

Thanks uvdan...I think I will download the songs. Billboard should be safe or Marlboro wouldn't use them. If you guys hear me singing you will know it worked!

You're welcome. So how many songs do you get to download?

uvdan said:   You're welcome. So how many songs do you get to download?

I got mine in the mail, and it is for 5 songs. We had the Billboard songs for the Sound of Gold Contest also. I also did the music then and the Billboard website was great. I got nice fifty's music. CD made. No virus , I also have Mcaffee and have used Nortons and have had no issues.

Thank you Elizabeth and Dan and everyone. I did not realize the issues the Southern States have with these Wild Boars. They are destroying a lot of our land and they are not friendly. The Rangers told us that they go on roundups every weekend with traps. YUP scardy cat I am.

I am getting this weeks photos up finally, only a few rows again, but if I go to last weeks or anything else, It gives me only 8 photos then goes with a yellow error sign.

Southernbelle56 said:   uvdan said:   You're welcome. So how many songs do you get to download?

I got mine in the mail, and it is for 5 songs. We had the Billboard songs for the Sound of Gold Contest also. I also did the music then and the Billboard website was great. I got nice fifty's music. CD made. No virus , I also have Mcaffee and have used Nortons and have had no issues.

Thanks. I downloaded a ton of music on the sound of gold. My older brother sent me his codes because he could not figure it out and I downloaded for him too. I did not like that we did not have access to the whole Billboard catalog and hope that is not the way the download cards work.

Why do they post the same picture two or three times? Makes no sense! I go out of my way to make sure I post a different picture each day and don't get in the gallery, but somebody else will get the same picture put in several times!

I noticed that also. I have not seen Forksmother or others getting their photos in like Elizabeth and Stephanie either. It would be nice to get their photos in, instead of duplicate postings of others.

We are so pictureless (new word for the day)..I had 2 music cards, each for 5 songs, one downloaded fine and the other card did not work. The card was probably fine...it was just me messing up!

Belle how much taxes do you have to pay on a trip to the Ranch?

uvdan said:   Belle how much taxes do you have to pay on a trip to the Ranch?

Not sure yet, because they give you a check for $600 to cover the taxes, and hopefully that is all you will need. I have not heard of anyone on here yet say it hurt their taxes. ? If you break it down that's only about 11.00 a week to put away if you need to use your check till next years filing.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014