Marlboro Biggest Night of the Year Contest 9/16 - 11/11

Archived From: Contests and Sweepstakes
  • 114 15 16171820
  • Page
  • Text Only
Elizabeth711 said:   Belle, you and your husband's pictures are up! Voted on both. Have a enjoyable day everyone

thank you you are so sweet, it cheered up hubby when we came home from hospital today. thank you for doing that.

Yes I gave him a Migraine today LOL

Next weeks theme is the junkyard: find art in the discarded. I hope your hubby feels better.

uvdan said:   Next weeks theme is the junkyard: find art in the discarded. I hope your hubby feels better.

thank you with a little rest he will be.

next week theme is tough, Where can a junk pile look good???? Unless its ok to use my Junk drawer???? I guess I may have to drive to the Junkyard....Yuck

I do not think they will let you rummage through the junk yard anymore. Although when I was in my 20's that used to be a favorite pastime for me.

Years ago we had a friend that worked at a land fill and he could bring things home. You would not believe the things people throw away!

You bet I would. When I was a kid, dad was stationed at Great Falls Montana and I used to find Minuteman Missile components in the base land fill. I would disassemble the circuit boards and reuse the solenoids and relays in projects of my own. Earlier when we lived on Okinawa, some friends and I built an x-ray machine after we found a working x-ray tube in the base land fill. When I lived in Colorado Springs my brother and his friends used to go to the dumpsters behind the college dorms after school was over for the summer and get shopping carts full of stuff which they took to the local pawn shops for cash. I wish I knew somebody with a truck because school is getting ready to end again and I bet the dumpsters at ASU are going to be filled with goodies. Any college town is going to be a gold mine for scroungers when school gets out.

I went to a ship dumping when they were decommisioning a ship, and they threw tons of stuff in the dumpster. we were looking for stuff for our antiques business, a bunch of us were there, and came up with loads of film that were not developed. so we all split them up. I developed the ones we had, and lo and behold, there was JFK Junior with Caroline and Bob hope on the ship. and Brooke shields and loads of stars. You would not believe the stuff that got dumped.

Gosh only 1 more vote needed to get to gold, so close but so far! I am surprised because I have never been up there in the photos like Faye and You Dan! bring me some luck now...fingers and toes crossed LOL

Have a great weekend everyone. Finally have some warm weather.

Could not find anything for Junk pile,so took a photo of a bunch of Junk at the local flea market this morning, I did not want to go to a junk yard, and what I saw at the fleas market toDay was all junk! LOL

Put one of your kittens inside an old pot and take a picture of it. Throw some stuff out of your junk drawer on the floor and let the kittens play with it... take a picture.

uvdan said:   Put one of your kittens inside an old pot and take a picture of it. Throw some stuff out of your junk drawer on the floor and let the kittens play with it... take a picture.

Thank you , but we do not have the baby kitty anymore, she was adopted out, I found out I am allergic to them, so I am looking for a puppy now.
We got a lot of photos from the Flea Market, so I guess we will have to go with that for now.

Thank you for the help. have a great evening everyone.

Just voted on the Red truck...nice Photo there!

I hit up everyone who made it into the gallery. Good photos folks. I would like to see the wild boar riding the firetruck.

That's funny, uvdan...I went to a wild game feed and tried to eat wild boar, when I took a bite I pictured his pretty little face and almost choked to death!

I voted up the red nova and the seabird following the boat this morning. I wish I had a Nova like that. I wish I still had my 61 Falcon, my 73 Nova, my 71 Maverick, my 69 VW Bug, my 76 Kawasaki 400, my 71 Honda 300, my 74 Impala, my 74 International ScoutII. Man I have had a lot of used vehicles! I am darned glad the Chevy Vega is gone though and hope it never comes back!!!

Hubby had a 71 Maverick Grabber with a 302 automatic, also a 72 V8 Vega with a 327 365 HP and use to drag race with it. And a 70 Boss 302. You and my hubby sound like twins! if you come across a 1974 datsun Pickup or 76 Pinto perfect for dragracing!!!! Men and their Toys!!!!

uvdan said:   I hit up everyone who made it into the gallery. Good photos folks. I would like to see the wild boar riding the firetruck.

I voted up all. Thank you also. I love the Plane Photo, awesome shot.

Southernbelle56 said:   Hubby had a 71 Maverick Grabber with a 302 automatic, also a 72 V8 Vega with a 327 365 HP and use to drag race with it. And a 70 Boss 302. You and my hubby sound like twins! if you come across a 1974 datsun Pickup or 76 Pinto perfect for dragracing!!!! Men and their Toys!!!!

Make that triplets! We have a 1967 Cutlass with 40,000 actual miles, a 40 Chevy coupe, a 1953 chevy business coupe, and building a 1954 Chevy 5 window PU...When I am reincarnated, I am coming back as a car! Oh, we have a motorcycle too!

Elizabeth711 said:   Southernbelle56 said:   Hubby had a 71 Maverick Grabber with a 302 automatic, also a 72 V8 Vega with a 327 365 HP and use to drag race with it. And a 70 Boss 302. You and my hubby sound like twins! if you come across a 1974 datsun Pickup or 76 Pinto perfect for dragracing!!!! Men and their Toys!!!!

Make that triplets! We have a 1967 Cutlass with 40,000 actual miles, a 40 Chevy coupe, a 1953 chevy business coupe, and building a 1954 Chevy 5 window PU...When I am reincarnated, I am coming back as a car! Oh, we have a motorcycle too!

Sweeeeeeeeeettttt! I am waiting to see what his next project car will be, our garage has always been a mancave /carcave. Toooooo bad I am so short I can barely reach some of the pedals LOL As hubby says a few inches less and by law I have to have a booster seat....egads. My 81 Mercedes was the only car I can reach the pedals and everything. by the way I can not even reach to be able to run the riding mower. time for blocks.

Just voted on the new photos. and then hubby went to vote and it says down for routine maintenance.

Also voted......I like the guitar made from scraps. Belle, I saw some blocks in one of the pictures if you need some

Elizabeth711 said:   Also voted......I like the guitar made from scraps. Belle, I saw some blocks in one of the pictures if you need some

I cannot stop laughing.....thank you for sharing some blocks. I just voted and then hubby went to vote and he site is down for maintanance again. is this a daily thing now at this time of day? Hubby and mom will vote when site is back up.

I love all the photos they put in, voted on everyone.

Our baby kitty we had to get rid of is sitting in peeking out of the planter. I found that at the flea market for a whole dollar!!!! and just added some lace and flowers to it. Kitty took it over, but I knew where to find her.

I must be too familiar with junk! M put up 3 of my pictures this week. Voted on everyone's. Have a great weekend.

I had a rough start with pictures this week, but I have mine all lined up for next.

I went and voted everyone up today. I love that hillbilly gitar! And me and VegasVegan ended up next to each other.

uvdan said:   I went and voted everyone up today. I love that hillbilly gitar! And me and VegasVegan ended up next to each other.

Thanks uvdan, glad you liked the "gitar!" That is part of the junk truck picture. The guy who owns it & his wife go to lots of car shows around here. It has tons of stuff nailed and glued all over it. He even has a pet skunk (fake) that chases you when you walk by.

uvdan said:   I went and voted everyone up today. I love that hillbilly gitar! And me and VegasVegan ended up next to each other.

Thanks uvdan, glad you liked the "gitar!" That is part of the junk truck picture. The guy who owns it & his wife go to lots of car shows around here. It has tons of stuff nailed and glued all over it. He even has a pet skunk (fake) that chases you when you walk by.

I think M removed the hillbilly guitar...it is gone

You also have one right on top. Can't believe they are updating pics over the weekend.

That surprised me also.

Angry emoticon is angry.
Disclaimer
Elizabeth711 said:   I think M removed the hillbilly guitar...it is gone

I can't find it either. That was not nice of them.

uvdan said:   Elizabeth711 said:   I think M removed the hillbilly guitar...it is gone

I can't find it either. That was not nice of them.

Hubby is laughing over your post! They also removed one of my photos and it was a cute one, it was the one with the cart I redid with lace and the kitten was hiding in it. that was junk I remade into something nice, yet they take that off and put up a plain black cat? wheres the junk?????

It is strange the pictures are there one day and gone the next. I was thinking maybe someone found the black cat in the junkyard. Your cart and my guitar make more sense for junkyard finds. The next pictures pertaining to weather will be hard for me. I am such a whimp when it comes to thunder and lightning, strong winds, tornadoes, or any inclement weather! I could never take a picture because I would be shaking and the picture would be sooooooo blurry! I do have 1 or 2 pictures when it flooded in Omaha a couple of years ago. Have an enjoyable day everyone.

I am still trying to learn my new camera and just have not had the time to learn how to work it right, some of mine come out blurry also. I need a whole me me me day to play with the camera LOL

Hubby and I just gave 2 votes to your photos, so far I see Dan and Bruce, and looking for others. Nice Photos both of you.

I remember my trip to Arizona and how I was so amazed at the size of the Cactus. I did bring back a large beautiful rusty color rock from the mountain, Stayed away from all the critter holes in the ground, which I thought were Tarantula holes? The photo really takes me back there.

Voted for Dan, Bruce, and Mr. & Mrs. Belle......great photos! It is snowing here again today...where is spring?

Elizabeth711 said:   Voted for Dan, Bruce, and Mr. & Mrs. Belle......great photos! It is snowing here again today...where is spring?

Thank you for the votes, That photo of the storm from Bruce is awesome too!!!!! it looks like it may be Tornado Weather in that one. So spooky looking sky.

Severe Rain and cold for us tomorrow, PLEASE bring on Spring and Summer, cannot wait to cut the Heat off and stop feeding electric company.

cat walking gif
Disclaimer
Looks like Ashlee W got a photo of her pot plant published.

CHEATER alert!!! Again I cannot believe that this photo pops up again by another person, it has been used almost 6 times in this capture contest from the beginning of it. It is the photo of the Tornado by Tina G. from Altoona PA. with 8 votes already. This photo has made someone else over 100 votes in past weeks and they all stole the photo from NOAA off the government Website. I cannot stand cheaters, and it is not fair to all of you who go out each week and try and capture a great photo for the week.

I hope the rest of you get a photo in, especially since you are playing by the rules!!!!! ok I am done ranting, but at least we have decent people on our website here and honest...Hugs to all of you.

tin eye has exposed the truth.. Hoorah for tin eye.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014