• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
rated:
First (especially to the MODS), even though it says contest, when it ran last year they gave away 30,000 to the first 30,000 responders.

Direct link is giftcard.AMEX.com

But it won't work if you DON'T have Facebook.

------------>>>>> facebook.com/fedex <<<<<<-----------

FedEx Small Business Saturday Gift Card Sweepstakes ~ 11/1 - 11/3/12 (Facebook)Sweepstakes begins on November 1, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on November 3, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET.

Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry.

"Like" the FedEx Facebook page, enter through the Gift Card Giveaway tab (You can “Unlike” the page at any time after entry.)

Limit: One (1) entry per person/email address during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified.

Administrator will randomly select the potential Grand Prize winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around November 4, 2012. The winners will be sent their prize within 3 weeks of drawing to the physical mailing address entered on the registration form. Winner will not be notified via Facebook®.

Prizes: FORTY THOUSAND (40,000) GRAND PRIZES: A $25 American Express® Shop Small® Gift Card, to use at your preferred small business merchant on Small Business Saturday, November 24, 2012.

The total retail value of all Grand Prizes is US$1,000,000

EDITED to add beg to Mods to leave this here (for a while at least).

Member Summary

american express
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I didn't read it that way - seemed like it was good anywhere AMEX was good. I redeemed mine at Costco - definitely small... (more)

PrincipalMember (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 2:02a) |

So you've already used yours, even though its not Sat the 24th? So is this just a regular AMEX gift card?

Slider (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 2:13p) |

Its a regular prepaid AMEX GC (read the bottom of the page that the card came attached to) -- you can use it anywhere AM... (more)

jatan1986 (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 3:55p) |

------------>>>>> facebook.com/FedEx <<<<<<-----------

I NEVER beg for green (ok, almost NEVER). And I really don't post many hot deals (but they are good when I do.). I hang out in FWF (Finance, for those that don't know). And I don't care about badges (except for the WDNNSB badge, which I suggested (and have)).

But I am now hoping to get the....

Best. Deal. Ever. badge

Which I can get if this Hot Deal post is selected as a Best Deal.

I assume that is rated on Greens (unless it is a Mod pick?). But I assume Greens, so am asking if you would click on GREEN in the first post if you read this thread, and you can expend the extra 5 seconds and the wear and tear on your mouse...

THANKS!
Tech
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thank you for entering! FedEx will give 40,000 lucky winners a $25 American Express® Shop Small® Gift Card. We will email you within 10 business days to let you know whether you have won.

Thanks Technologist.

Done. Thanks!

Was it last year when the gift card process was such a cluster? Man, I think I wasted half a day of my life for that GC.

I entered without liking the page. I hope that doesn't disqualify me.

Yes, last year was a mess!! But we ended up getting 4 cards at my house IIRC.

Thx OP

If we get the GC from FedEx promo then will the $25 AMEX Shop Small promo still work or no?

Direct link here: http://at.fedex.com/Sf2tS7

akash8m said:   Direct link here: http://at.fedex.com/Sf2tS7

Which just takes you back to Facebook style link - https://www.facebook.com/Fedex/app_###############

That's why I just sent people to Facebook in the first place (easy to remember F-Book site /FedEx).

PS. As most of you know, I don't do F-Book, so haven't entered. SO I can't get the $25 bucks (even though I got several emails from FedEx telling me to sign up!). Maybe everybody that get a card can send me a quarter (easy to do with Amazon e-gift certificates). THIS IS JUST A JOKE..... If everyone that gets a card from this thread sends me a quarter, I would end up with several HUNDRED Dollars!!!

OP, wouldn't u end up with several hundred dollars, if u hust registered any word as FIRSTNAME, any word as LASTNAME and any throwaway e-mail address - and repeated this for as many new FB accounts as u wish

Thanks OP! Done.

I really dislike the Facebook promos but I know they are the norm these days. But for (potentially) $25 I went for this one.

I makes sure that I select "Only Me" for who can see the AP when I accept it.

SinglePapa said:   OP, wouldn't u end up with several hundred dollars, if u hust registered any word as FIRSTNAME, any word as LASTNAME and any throwaway e-mail address - and repeated this for as many new FB accounts as u wishyou also need to provide a physical address for them to ship the gift card to. And it says, "Limit: One (1) entry per person/email address during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified."

SinglePapa said:   OP, wouldn't u end up with several hundred dollars, if u hust registered any word as FIRSTNAME, any word as LASTNAME and any throwaway e-mail address - and repeated this for as many new FB accounts as u wish

In order to do that, I would need to go to F-book. I REFUSE to let any of the computers on my network to touch F-Book, unless they are sandboxed. F-Book drops so much nasty crap on your computer (even if you don't login, or even HAVE an account).

Besides, you have to provide a mailing address for this, as the gift cards will be physical, and will be mailed!

And lastly (not that most people pay attention) it is one per person... additional attempts may void all!

well certainly do not order them shipped to same first-name. But there is no restriction on how many get shipped to same address

thanks op!

Thanks!

does not work in chrome

Technologist said:   I don't do F-Book

I hear you. But why not create one with a fake name just to receive the free Amazon MP3s?

A fake FB account to process SPAM promos is like a fake email web account to filter away SPAM emails.

rfclub said:   does not work in chrome

worked fine in my chrome. make sure you go to www.facebook.com/fedex

Sucks if this replaces last year's deal, where I was able to sign up 4 AMEX cards for a $25 credit on a small business purchase.

JiggleTheHandle said:   Technologist said:   I don't do F-Book

I hear you. But why not create one with a fake name just to receive the free Amazon MP3s?

A fake FB account to process SPAM promos is like a fake email web account to filter away SPAM emails.

Again, it's not just having an account that is the problem, per se. It is the total invasion of privacy (even for NON-F-Book users) that occurs whenever you visit F-Book.

And Speedbird, last year they ran both promotions. And I am sure they are running the other this year... I just talked my local pizzeria into contacting AMEX to get the signage and stickers for his small buisiness shop. I also told him that he needed to get a gift card supplier on board before Nov 24th (Small Business Saturday). I told him IF he gets Gift Cards, I will be in and buy 3 x $25 on the 24th. And the wife will be at the local seafood joint, buying 2 x $25 gift cards from them (I got them some SBS Signage too!!!).

speedbird71 said:   Sucks if this replaces last year's deal, where I was able to sign up 4 AMEX cards for a $25 credit on a small business purchase.
What are you talking about? This is a totally different thing!

Worked in my Chrome; I think there was something wrong with the FWers specific Chrome, or more than likely user error.

E

thanks!

It didn't work in Chrome for me but I use Ghostery which blocks all the trackers and crap, breaks a lot of Facebook stuff. Works fine in IE (No surprise.)

Thanks!

cnvrtble98 said:   speedbird71 said:   Sucks if this replaces last year's deal, where I was able to sign up 4 AMEX cards for a $25 credit on a small business purchase.

This is a different thing. But on the note that Speedbird brought up...there has been no mention yet this year of the $25 credit for any registered AMEX card on Small Business Saturday. Have I missed something? is the $25 credit thing going to happen?

ForSpud said:   cnvrtble98 said:   speedbird71 said:   Sucks if this replaces last year's deal, where I was able to sign up 4 AMEX cards for a $25 credit on a small business purchase.

This is a different thing. But on the note that Speedbird brought up...there has been no mention yet this year of the $25 credit for any registered AMEX card on Small Business Saturday. Have I missed something? is the $25 credit thing going to happen?

It has already been mentioned on other forums. It will happen, but the signup page isn't up yet.

Official T&C
https://giftcard.fedex.com/tab/terms

This IS a random drawing this year.

Thanks

How do you know it didn't say the same last year?
peste386 said:   Official T&C
https://giftcard.fedex.com/tab/terms

This IS a random drawing this year.

Milko said:   ForSpud said:   cnvrtble98 said:   speedbird71 said:   Sucks if this replaces last year's deal, where I was able to sign up 4 AMEX cards for a $25 credit on a small business purchase.

It has already been mentioned on other forums. It will happen, but the signup page isn't up yet.

Its going to happen. As I mentioned above, I got my pizza dude and seafood dude to sign up for promotional signage and stuff from AMEX, and it is already up in their location!!!

** Just crossing my fingers that they recognize how much I have helped them build business this year and hook me up GOOD!!!!

SinglePapa said:   How do you know it didn't say the same last year?

Because I participated last year and I always read Ts&Cs. Last year it was first 30,000 to sign up and they nearly broke Facebook with the rush of people trying to sign up. The app was sluggish and it took me over 20 minutes to register.

Just in case you don't believe me, last year's promotion is still on the web. See where it says "be one of the first 30,000 visitors"

http://emails.fedex.com/w/webView?cid=13773343046&mid=1138408610...

How convenient. I have "a" facebook account.

(I miss Mulching Zombies!)

Message I received, Thanks for sharing
=========================
Thank you for entering!

FedEx will give 40,000 lucky winners a $25 American Express® Shop Small® Gift Card. We will email you within 10 business days to let you know whether you have won.
==========================

I NEVER beg for green (ok, almost NEVER). And I really don't post many hot deals (but they are good when I do.). I hang out in FWF (Finance, for those that don't know). And I don't care about badges (except for the WDNNSB badge, which I suggested (and have)).

But I am now hoping to get the....

Best. Deal. Ever. badge

Which I can get if this Hot Deal post is selected as a Best Deal.

I assume that is rated on Greens (unless it is a Mod pick?). But I assume Greens, so am asking if you would click on GREEN in the first post if you read this thread, and you can expend the extra 5 seconds and the wear and tear on your mouse...

THANKS!

I gave you green friend, we go back a long way at FWF and your effort of posting this was wonderful as always...

I must caution members, however, that peste386 is so-so-so correct: this year it's just a raffle! No gauranteed cards for fastest on the draw. Oh well, we'll look for the next deal

Skipping 56 Messages...
Its a regular prepaid AMEX GC (read the bottom of the page that the card came attached to) -- you can use it anywhere AMEX is accepted, but they prefer you use it at a small business to support your community...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015