• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
To enter daily for a chance to win a FREE $6 Virtual Pre Paid MasterCard text message MOVIE to 78787 on your cell phone. They are giving away 500,000 gift cards!! If you are an instant winner, you’ll receive a text with your unique code. Go to this link HERE to enter it if you win. Ends August 10, 2014. 

ETA: It takes about 30 minutes for you to get a reply text with a winning code. Many reported winning on their first try. You can either use your code as a credit towards your cable bill, or a gift card that you can use for a movie or whatever you want.

Addition ETA: They will text you back asking for your birthdate and your email before sending your code. After entering code, you will be asked to confirm your birthdate and email. Be sure to pick the button on the right to get the gift card, click the right button again to get it emailed to you. I won on my second try. Easy $6.
Mars Movie said: You will receive an email confirmation from tpgcustomer@tpgny.com with a link to print your virtual pre-loaded debit card. You must print the virtual pre-loaded debit card from this screen or from the link in the email within 7 days. Your virtual pre-loaded debit card is valid at retailers (online or in-store) that accept MasterCard, now through the expiration date printed on your virtual preloaded card.

Many used it to purchase Amazon gift codes.

Important note: You must  print or save your virtual card within seven (7) days. You then have until  the date  on the virtual card (Mine have been August 2014 dates) to use the card. 

Seeking4Bargains posted a way to use PayPal below.

Ads by Google
Member Summary

Pre Paid MasterCard (74.35kB)
Thanks SweetClover
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Some of my codes from mid July have hit my bill, but the delay depends on a lot of factors.
Were you able to choose your ... (more)

propcgamer (Aug. 29, 2014 @ 2:31p) |

Yeah, actually, the first one I entered, I had issues until I realized I wasn't entering the REMITTANCE zip code, but ra... (more)

IAgainstI (Aug. 29, 2014 @ 3:26p) |

I was given a link to a claim form for my 2 non-working virtual cards, and filled it out and submitted it 8/15. Got an e... (more)

SweetClover (Aug. 30, 2014 @ 12:01a) |

rated:
Play By Mail: Hand-print your full name, full address (street address, city, state and zip code (no P.O. Boxes)), email address and date of birth on a piece of paper (“Mail-In Play”) and send it to: Movie Moments Game, Dept. F, P.O. Box 5705, Blair, NE 68009-5705. LIMIT: one (1) Mail-In Play request per outer envelope. Mail-In Plays must be received by August 15, 2014. Each Mail-In Play winner will receive a Prize Code sent to the email address listed on the Mail-In Play. Sponsor will not accept illegible, incomplete, forged, altered, postage-due or mechanically-reproduced Mail-In Plays.

rated:
I won on my first try, within seconds. Thanks!

Received the email with my mastercard code and info. Looks like it could be used anywhere that takes Mastercard.

From official rules:
Send “MOVIE” via text message to 78787 and follow the instructions contained in the reply text messages. Each time you play the Game by text message (“Text Message Play”), you are required to send three (3) text messages. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY.  If you are the first person to submit a Text Message Play on or after the predetermined time and date for the most recent winning Game message made available, you will receive a text message that includes the phrase “CONGRATS” and a fourteen-digit code that you must redeem as described in Rule 4 (“Prize Code”). (If your reply text message does not contain “CONGRATS” and a Prize Code or if  it contains any other information, then you are not a winner.)  LIMIT: One Text Message Play per Calendar Day. 

rated:
thank you. I won on the first try. my replies took under a minute.

rated:
Weeeeee! Just won another $6! And congrats to all who won.

ETA: Another win! I've won $18 so far, every day but the first. How are the rest of you doing?

rated:
There is a way to get it to your PayPal: 

Do not choose the On Demand. Choose the Other option and you will download the Virtual Mastercard with a 16 digit number I believe and Exp and Security code. Go To your Paypal and click send request for money. Choose another email address that you can check that is not in your Paypal file and request the 6.00 from it. Then go to the email and click on pay now don't let it login to your account if so logout and choose pay with Debit Card. Then just fill in the card info and you can use your name and info but just use the alternate email address you sent the request payment to. Hope that helps! 

It will deduct .47 from it.  

rated:
Anyone get this to work today?  I haven't had any replies after several hours following my return text with my email, but I'm happy with the $12 I've won so far.  Thanks SweetClover.

rated:
FullTimeDad said:   Anyone get this to work today?  I haven't had any replies after several hours following my return text with my email, but I'm happy with the $12 I've won so far.  Thanks SweetClover.

Well, either the message didn't go through, or you're going to get the "sorry, you are not a winner' message I got the first day. I would send another reply with your email, if you win it generally goes through within 30 minutes or less. Sometimes I've received the "Congrats" message within seconds. But if it's been hours, it's very possible your return text with email was never received by them. I just played right before replying to this (I usually do it in the early hours of the morning, less competition), and my replies came within seconds, just won my 4th $6.  

rated:
It was working for me earlier, though I still only got the "Sorry..." message.  I'm one for 4 so far, but $6 is better than nothing.  Thanks for this topic, SC!

rated:
I've been having problems with the website working, when entering my code. It was taking forever to load after each step. Took a few hours to finally get my code submitted. Anybody else experience this?

Conman, yes, $6 is better than nothing, but you have until mid-August, so you will easily multiply that $6.

rated:
There is actually 10 dollars on the gift card.... I submitted a 6 dollar gift card, got that in an email....

Then I bought an Amazon instant movie and got another 10 dollar Sony cash card... Put 2 and 2 together

and bought another 4 dollar gift card with the prior number!!!

rated:
How did you buy an Amazon movie to9 get $10 sonyrewards

rated:
es4life said:   There is actually 10 dollars on the gift card.... I submitted a 6 dollar gift card, got that in an email....

Then I bought an Amazon instant movie and got another 10 dollar Sony cash card... Put 2 and 2 together

I'm not clear on why you say there is $10 on the cards.  Did you have two M&M cards loaded to your Amazon account and then bought a $6 GC, a movie, and the $10 Sony card?  You thought there would be a balance due but there was none?

rated:
Question...I just tested the first $6 card that I got and I ordered a pair of shoes for like $49.99 and it accepted the transaction....has anyone tried for over the $6??

rated:
FullTimeDad said:   
es4life said:   There is actually 10 dollars on the gift card.... I submitted a 6 dollar gift card, got that in an email....

I'm not clear on why you say there is $10 on the cards.  Did you have two M&M cards loaded to your Amazon account and then bought a $6 GC, a movie, and the $10 Sony card?  You thought there would be a balance due but there was none?

I bought a 6 dollar Amazon gift card..... Bought a movie with it on Amazon instant video and received another 10 dollar gift card....
used original gift card for another 4 dollar gift card.

rated:
stephaneek said:   Question...I just tested the first $6 card that I got and I ordered a pair of shoes for like $49.99 and it accepted the transaction....has anyone tried for over the $6??
Well..based upon this comment and es4lifes experience, I wonder if all these virtual cards are linked to one master funding account.  Or, they have not set a limit for pre-authorization purposes, and once they authorize funds the transaction will not complete.  But since these are considered debit (at least that is what it shows at Amazon) it may be the first. I would cash the cards as soon as possible, for if transactions for large amounts go through, it means cards given out toward the end of the game will not have any funds to draw from.

rated:
I was incorrect. The transaction went thru at first but came back declined after several hours.

rated:
I followed the directions and cannot get it to pay an invoice on Paypal or to purchase Amazon cards.  What am I doing wrong.

rated:
Nice, worked smooth for me!

rated:
You can buy Amazon gift cards with these

Add the card to your account, put your first and last name as the card holder and the billing address provided in the pdf

I have ordered two $6 cards so far only on day two, very upset i just found out about this when it has been going on for a month now!

rated:
pricelessconcept said:   I followed the directions and cannot get it to pay an invoice on Paypal or to purchase Amazon cards.  What am I doing wrong.

The following c&p from H4F blog might help you out with Amazon. I'm assuming you are having a problem similar to the one below. Ar first, the cards worked fine as debits, but now you have to switch it to MasterCard. I haven't tried using PayPal, so I can't help you there. If you post the specific problem you are having, maybe Seeking4Bargains (who posted the instructions for PP) can help you out.
E said: I’ve won and I am trying to change it into Amazon gift card but it kept sending me an e-mail saying that there is a problem with the card I provided, it never ask for the Master Card Pin number on check out page, can someone please help me on this? If someone can tell me how they got it to be saved as Master Card, I would really appreciate it, because I am not able to select my card payment type, it just automatically recognize it as Debit. Thanks.

A said: This happened to me too. Its because Amazon registered the card as debit instead of a Mastercard. You have to go to the payment options on your Amazon and unclick the button that says “process as debit.” Then you will need to wait a couple of days to use the card because the return purchase will still be registered as pending. Just do that and wait a few days. Should be fine.
C said: All my earlier ones were debit cards, and they worked fine. But I did what you suggested, and it’s now showing as a MC instead of debit. But it’s odd that it wouldn’t ask for the security code to process as a MC.

A said: Yes, when you change the card it registers it as a Mastercard credit card and not a debit. Before, when I registered it as debit on Amazon, Amazon would cancel the transaction and send me an email saying this: “To protect your security and privacy, your issuing bank cannot provide us with information regarding why your payment was declined. Since we cannot process payment at this stage, we have canceled the following gift card.” After I changed the card to Mastercard, it still wouldn’t work. So I called the Mars Movie Rewards customer service and they told me that the cancel transaction was still pending and that I had to wait a couple of days. I waited and then I was able to finally use the card to buy a Amazon gift card.

rated:
Is anyone having issues seeing the option to get a virtual card?
I won $6, but only see the option for a cable bill credit.

rated:
I'm seeing the same thing, and wondering if all the "Movies At Home Cash" has been given out, and all that's left is the "Movie on Demand Credit"...

rated:
Looks like they have updated the rules now:
NOTE: Sponsor (defined in Rule 9) has made a prize substitution as permitted by Rule 5.
Please see Rule 5 for prize details.
a $6.00 “Movies On Demand Credit” awarded by TPG Rewards, Inc. as a $6.00 credit applied to winner’s cable/satellite bill.

rated:
They have a long list of cable providers available to use it on:

3 Rivers Communications
Acceris Communications
ACN Comm. Services Inc.
Advance Newhouse Partners
Armstrong Cable
AT&T
Bend Cable
Bresnam Comm
Bright House
Cable One
Cablevision
CC Comm
Charter Comm
Chequamegon Comm
City Of Tacoma
Colorado Valley
Comcast
Commections ETC
Consolidated Comm
COX Comm
Credo 
DirecTV
Dish Network
Eatel
Enmr
Entouch
Embarq
Etan
Fairpoint
GCI
Grande
Great Plains
Heafele TV
Hargray
Hickory
NTS
Qwest
South Central
Starstream
Suncom
Time Warner
Tri County
Verizon
Windstream  

You fill out information: Your name, address, email, then the cable company, your account number and the cable company's zip code. 

After that it says: 

Your account will be credited with $6.00 within two billing cycles, and will be notated on your monthly statement. Please be sure to print out this page as your confirmation receipt. If after two billing cycles your credit has not appeared, please contact customer service

People say it is credited sooner than that.  I've only tried it once so far. 

If you are unable to use it since you don't have cable, feel free to pass it on to others.  The game ends on August 10. 

rated:
I won 6 times with the MasterCard and they are unusable. when calling 212 number, you get a recording that said MasterCard no longer available. if you desire assistance, you have to email them. ugh

rated:
Well, it's over, and I think I did pretty well:  5 virtual GCs (while they lasted) and 20 $6 credits for AT&T U-verse.

Now it's just a matter of time to see if the $120 in credits appear without additional work on my part, but I've got all the screen prints to back me up.

Thanks, OP!

rated:
Yeah, it's over. I won a total of 7 Virtuals GC's (I still can't get the last two to work, so I am going to email them, they either owe me the GC's I rightfully won, or else additional credits towards the FIOS bill.) and 21 $6 credits. And will be waiting for the $126 credit to show up on the Verizon bill. You did do well, Connman.

rated:
SweetClover said:   Yeah, it's over. I won a total of 7 Virtuals GC's (I still can't get the last two to work, so I am going to email them, they either owe me the GC's I rightfully won, or else additional credits towards the FIOS bill.) and 21 $6 credits. And will be waiting for the $126 credit to show up on the Verizon bill. You did do well, Connman.
  Thanks SweetClover!  I won 6 of the Virtuals and 24 of the credits.  My cable company was not listed, but the T&C said they would make alternate arrangements.  I'm curious to see what that will be.  Regardless, $180 from this contest was great!

rated:
SweetClover said:   I am going to email them, they either owe me the GC's I rightfully won, or else additional credits towards the FIOS bill.
I called them directly early on to get one of my vGCs fixed. They handled right away, emailing out a new code which worked fine.

OTOH, I had a hell of a time getting the website to work to allow me to enter codes for the credit.  I was working back and forth with them over a couple of weeks via email, and as soon as they told me to just email them the codes, everything started working.  I've got no idea what the issue was, but after trying repeatedly on 2 browsers on 3 PCs, I know it wasn't at my end.  In the end, once that technical issue was resolved, I didn't have any more problems entering codes.

rated:
Won around $102 total plus another $100 with my mother's phone.  My cable bill is paid for for the next few months!  Pretty cool!  I saw it credited to my account a week ago.  

rated:
I contacted them regarding my non-working cards, and they are claiming that the cards were already redeemed. I don't know who to contact at Amazon (in case they did get the money, though I didn't get the cards), but I requested proof of redemption, something that says Amazon got paid. Because all I got is the standard "problem with payment, order cancelled" emails.

rated:
I have won over $200 worth of credits since the contest went to just the cable credit. Nothing has gone thru and when I sent a message to the email for TPG Rewards, they say to wait 2 billing cycles. I did, now they are telling me to wait 3. This is ridiculous... not a single win has been credited at all and my info was correct!

rated:
IAgainstI said:   I have won over $200 worth of credits since the contest went to just the cable credit. Nothing has gone thru and when I sent a message to the email for TPG Rewards, they say to wait 2 billing cycles. I did, now they are telling me to wait 3. This is ridiculous... not a single win has been credited at all and my info was correct!
  When did you submit your info?

rated:
I started submitting codes in July, to which they say to check in September - but my bill starts in the middle of the month and I've had 2 bills generated since I entered the first code.  Hopefully they will be there on my next bill, but I've seen others say they see credits hitting, so I don't know what the issue is... :/

rated:
IAgainstI said:   I started submitting codes in July, to which they say to check in September - but my bill starts in the middle of the month and I've had 2 bills generated since I entered the first code.  Hopefully they will be there on my next bill, but I've seen others say they see credits hitting, so I don't know what the issue is... :/

Some of my codes from mid July have hit my bill, but the delay depends on a lot of factors.
Were you able to choose your cable company from the pull down menu, or did you have to select Other? I know lots of people with "Other" are having long wait times.

rated:
Yeah, actually, the first one I entered, I had issues until I realized I wasn't entering the REMITTANCE zip code, but rather the return address zipcode on the bill. Then, the rest of them, I pulled the correct cable company down (Cablevision - Raritan Valley), entered all the info and successfully submitted on the first try. On the plus side, when I replied to their most recent, vague email, I got a response saying my codes were confirmed as entered.

rated:
SweetClover said:   I contacted them regarding my non-working cards, and they are claiming that the cards were already redeemed. I don't know who to contact at Amazon (in case they did get the money, though I didn't get the cards), but I requested proof of redemption, something that says Amazon got paid. Because all I got is the standard "problem with payment, order cancelled" emails.

I was given a link to a claim form for my 2 non-working virtual cards, and filled it out and submitted it 8/15. Got an email today, they looked into the issue with my cards, and are sending me replacements by email within the next 3-5 days, and I have until 9/30 to use them. We'll see if I get them or not. I also did 2 mail-ins, and got an additional $6 cable credit code through email from one of them. Sunday 8/31 is the last day to enter codes.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014