• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
Wal-Mart has created an online community of curious, active, and informed consumers who are willing to serve as “consultants” to by sharing their perspectives and opinions with Wal-Mart.

If you are selected to join this community, we ask that you log in and contribute your thoughts (via surveys, bulletin boards, etc.) an average of 5-15 minutes per week at whatever time is convenient for you. In addition to providing your feedback and building relationships with other members, you will receive Wal-Mart gift certificates in exchange for your participation.

Please click ‘next page’ to begin.
Linky

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Just wondering if anyone has heard from this yet?

carterismycat (Oct. 02, 2008 @ 9:21a) |

Still waiting to see if I got in...

MamaKat (Oct. 09, 2008 @ 1:21p) |

This is now closed.

stevebart2 (Oct. 13, 2008 @ 9:51a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer the previous questions. Wal-Mart conducts many different projects with specific research objectives in mind. While we greatly appreciate your time and interest, unfortunately at this time we are unable to extend you an invitation to participate in this particular study.

Thank you again.

Tried it twice, but the same message
Hope it works for someone!
Thanx OP

Got the same message AFTER I spent 10 minutes being 'surveyed'~

I got a message that it looks like the community would be right for me. I filled out some other information, read some legal stuff and was told I'd be contacted within a week by the community facilitator (sp). Thanks!

Worked for me , thanks. We live at WalMart it seems, might as well get paid for it.

I got the same message about being contacted in a week. Hopefully, that would be cool - can always use extra money for diapers!!!

yugottabotherme said: I got a message that it looks like the community would be right for me. I filled out some other information, read some legal stuff and was told I'd be contacted within a week by the community facilitator (sp). Thanks!

Thank you for participating in this survey! If you qualify and are selected, you will receive an email from Cindy Nguy within the next week, with instructions for how to access the online community. If you have any questions in the meantime, please email us at cnguy@communispace.com.

thanks, hope I get invited

Rameez786 said: Thank you very much for taking the time to answer the previous questions. Wal-Mart conducts many different projects with specific research objectives in mind. While we greatly appreciate your time and interest, unfortunately at this time we are unable to extend you an invitation to participate in this particular study.

Thank you again.

Thanx OP

Got the same response too

MOWSTER said: Rameez786 said: Thank you very much for taking the time to answer the previous questions. Wal-Mart conducts many different projects with specific research objectives in mind. While we greatly appreciate your time and interest, unfortunately at this time we are unable to extend you an invitation to participate in this particular study.

Thank you again.

Thanx OP

Got the same response too

me 3

Thanks OP!! We spend so much at WalMart this would be great for me. I hope I get the invite within the week!

Any idea on what answers will get us in ?

Said that I needed to read TOS and fill out more info and I would be contacted with in a week. Thanks

Sorry to those that were not accepted.
I used to do market research surveys years ago and we would have trouble filling the quotas for certain age groups and backgrounds.
Its possible WM is looking for what they think of as average consumers and that definition could be anything.
I got in being between 35-40 in a household of 4 (2 kids under age 10) not employed in any of the groups they mentioned..... who knows what let some of us in and others not

I tried twice, nothing.
My wife tried and got in on the first try.

Right after it asks your sex, the questions change depending upon M/F.
Male, they go into asking about the internet.
Female, they go into asking about your living situation and age.

I suppose this is strictly female.

Thank you for participating in this survey! If you qualify and are selected, you will receive an email from Cindy Nguy within the next week, with instructions for how to access the online community. If you have any questions in the meantime, please email us at cnguy@communispace.com.
THANKS

they are looking for consumer idiots

FL08Boi said: I tried twice, nothing.
My wife tried and got in on the first try.

Right after it asks your sex, the questions change depending upon M/F.
Male, they go into asking about the internet.
Female, they go into asking about your living situation and age.

I suppose this is strictly female.

I was asked questions regarding the internet, and I'm female, single with no kids. Didn't get any questions about living situation, so while gender is a factor, apparently so is marital status. There were lots of questions about how social online I am, survey groups I participate in, how frequently I check email, participate in online forums, etc. My impression is that they are looking for the typical, average WallyWorld customer; who is usually a married female with kids who is very social both on and offline. I am none of those things.

No, I didn't get in, didn't expect to, and am not the least surprised. I have much better luck getting in on college/university panels, as I tend to be an ideal candidate for the kind of research many do. I had signed up for the Mills Advisory Panel, when posted in FS, and was surprised I made that one. I'll give credit to the sign-up process for WallyWorld on one thing, they allowed you to check more than one ethnicity. I often get stuck selecting 'white' while I am also partly Native American.

I got in.... Hopefully I am chosen this would be neat!

's kinda true tho..thats what WalMart does

I agree.Selfrespect comes from people respect....

Community.

There are many benefits to becoming a member of the Wal-Mart Community.
Be Part of an Exclusive Community: You'll be part of a private, secure online community of only about 300 consumers.
Express Your Opinions: You will help us understand the needs of consumers like you – what purchasing decisions are important to you, how you employ technology, what life circumstances concern you most, what websites you visit to gather information, etc.
Learn From Others: You'll get to see what other members are thinking about and doing.
Receive gifts: In exchange for your participation, we will offer you periodic rewards – gift certificates, prizes, and other free stuff.
Interact directly with the company decision-makers who create the products and services you use. You'll be able to provide us with valuable feedback to help Wal-Mart develop products and services that meet your needs. We'll also answer any general (non-account specific) questions or concerns you might have in a timely manner, and keep you informed about how we are using your feedback.
Form new friendships: In addition to talking online with Wal-Mart, you'll be able to discuss any topics you'd like with other community members.
It's Easy and Convenient: All of this will be done via the Internet, so you can participate from anywhere, when it's most convenient for you.

TY op, let's hope I'm in!

I was asked to join. I am a mother, and think that is what they were/are looking for. I don't live in a trailer, and for that matter class has NOTHING to do with how much money you gross in a year.

Thanks!

~Punkewe~

Well, they booted me out, too.

ok, did anyone else have to write a short essay about why they love being a mom?

politix said: ok, did anyone else have to write a short essay about why they love being a mom?yes

Yes!
discusbabe said: politix said: ok, did anyone else have to write a short essay about why they love being a mom?yes

Although the very long survey does not guarantee a spot, and in my case didn't, this looks like a good offer. I was a member of a communispace site before, and it was a wonderful experience. For those who qualify, this is probably a very good deal. Green from me.

Thank you. Made it to the end.

I chose $60-$69 for annual income (not true but I've been there and still shop the same way thanks to Fatwallet!)
Lots of Pro WalMart answers but not overly pro WalMart.
Worked for me

I wasn't selected..

Everyone is making such a big deal about this. I didn't get in either and I am a married woman with one child who works full time. It's no bid deal, I rather go to Target anyways. I can not stand Wal-Mart anymore. The people who work there are just as disgusting and disrespectful as the people that shop there. That's the case in my area anyways.

Yes. I also chose "prefer not to answer" for income & I guess I got in. We will see if an e-mail comes with "directions" on how to access the community.

Thanks OP - might be in.

yugottabotherme said: I got a message that it looks like the community would be right for me. I filled out some other information, read some legal stuff and was told I'd be contacted within a week by the community facilitator (sp). Thanks!

how to you get paid for this????

irenekegel said: how to you get paid for this????
Try reading the subject: "(Paid in WalMart GCs)" is right at the end of it.

I got in too, would be great to be chosen.

"Thank you for participating in this survey! If you qualify and are selected, you will receive an email from Cindy Nguy within the next week, with instructions for how to access the online community. If you have any questions in the meantime, please email us at cnguy@communispace.com."

I hope I get chosen. I buy a lot at WalMart and I'm a mom. I'm assuming that may be part of the reason I got the possibility to be chosen. Who knows! Thanks OP!

Tried and didn't get in.

Skipping 22 Messages...
This is now closed.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014