• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I was looking for a Fuji Finepix HS10 camera, which has just been released and has a suggested retail of $499.

Google search returns a price of $489 from Butterfly Photo. I went to the website and confirmed this price. No shipping, no tax. All above board.

I went to Fatwallet and discovered that Butterfly is a participating merchant with a 2% CashBack. When I went to Butterfly through Fatwallet, the same camera, same terms, is now at $499. Less the 2%, brings it to $489, same as it is available by using a non-Fatwallet search.

In short, they may be giving the 2%, but only after they raise the price by an equal amount. I guess this is a ploy to catch the unwary. Personally, I will pay more to buy it from another merchant than let them think they scammed me.

Fatwallet should not allow this, it is dishonest and not a service to members, but can't really blame them as they don't monitor the companies and just assume they are going to be honest in dealing with us.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Could you provide the exact model/package number so we can confirm this and take it to the merchant?

I'm getting four results when I search for Fuji FinePix HS10, and all are showing the same results, both through a FW Cash Back link and through another browser.

Hello upchuckled,

As I told you via support ticket, we need to be able to replicate the problem before we can fully investigate. Can you (or anyone else who is having similar problems) send us a link to the non-Cash Back Butterfly Photo so we try to compare the two links?

Thanks,

Richard
FatWallet.com

When I searched through Google Products, I found the Fuji FinePix HS10 at Butterfly Photo for the price you quoted.

There's a box below the camera which states it's a Google Customers Discount, limited time offer, and all that.

In this case, it appears the instant discount would match the CB you'd receive from FatWallet. It's always a good idea to compare discounts and offers and use the most beneficial one. Offers like this are exclusive, and don't stack with CB offers, so in many cases you'd have to weigh your options.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014