• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I currently have a Business membership, $35 annual fee. Is it worth spending the extra $65 each year for the "Plus" membership? We probably spend $250-$350 each month at Sam's, primarily on groceries.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

http://www.SamsClub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=5070

I'm just speaking as a person who has a Costco Exec membership who also uses the company's Sam's Club business membership, but unless you really really plan to use the business related stuff, I think just keep your business membership or at least wait until they have a new gimmick to entice you to upgrade.

I would say yes, in conjunction with the up to 2% Cash Back discover card.
You get additional benefits, but the up to 2% Cash Back is what makes it better... swipe the card for your purchases, and before leaving the store, pay off the card, leaving a zero balance on it... and still get the Cash Back!

Also, if you rally don't like the upgrade, ask to have it refunded before your renewal date and you'll get the 65$ back.

atala said: I would say yes, in conjunction with the up to 2% Cash Back discover card.
You get additional benefits, but the up to 2% Cash Back is what makes it better... swipe the card for your purchases, and before leaving the store, pay off the card, leaving a zero balance on it... and still get the Cash Back!

Also, if you rally don't like the upgrade, ask to have it refunded before your renewal date and you'll get the 65$ back.

http://www.samsclubmemberservices.com/GeCredit/Media/images/pers...

I disagree that the upto 2% is worth it because Sam's Club allows people to use mastercard now, which generally has a firm minimum of 1% back. If OP has a WalMart nearby, then they can even goto WalMart and use any other card with a 1.1 - 2% visa to buy GCs to use at Sam's Club.

The person would need to spend ~$850/mo to make the 2% back. Right now, they're hovering around $4500/yr. With that kind of spending, I'd've suggested Costco Exec membership instead, but that's a different topic. ^_^

No Costco where I live. I already get 2% or more rebates on other credit cards, so that is irrelevant.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014