Home Depot Competitor Coupon Policy Changed

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Went to the store and was told that starting from 5/6/2010, HD no longer accept competitor coupon. In replacement, they will have a rewards program. In particular, those 10% lowes coupons are no longer accepted. I am not sure if this is just that store's policy or it's from corporate.

I could not find any store policy online stating that they are taking competitor coupon. They still have the price match policy, but most of the time, they deny it in the reason like "it's a special order", and they can claim anything as special order.

I wish somebody had a copy of they accepting competitor coupon and post it here.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Home Depot sucks balls anyways. Go find a local Mom and Pop shop. The prices are competitive and the service is 10x better.

i'm not aware of an 'official corporate' competitor coupon policy at HD. its always been store dependent in my area. some will, some won't, and sometimes one that did, will not anymore.

if a rewards program started 5/6, haven't seen any news or ads for it.

I used a lowes coupon yesterday without a problem.

Gave my parents a lowes 10% over the weekend. They maxed out the value on an over over $2K purchase - coupon max value is $200. This was done either Wed or yesterday...

rsuaver said: Gave my parents a lowes 10% over the weekend. They maxed out the value on an over over $2K purchase - coupon max value is $200. This was done either Wed or yesterday...

only a FW member would give their mom a coupon for a mother's day gift.

Not in the North HAven, CT store, used a Lowes coupon today, no problem

So they had a major policy change on a Thursday...... Sounds like the store manager wanted a bigger bonus with high margins and told the cashiers to stop taking the Lowes 10%. Put up a stink and they should honor it.

/Former HD Front End Supervisor.

Zuke76 said: So they had a major policy change on a Thursday...... Sounds like the store manager wanted a bigger bonus with high margins and told the cashiers to stop taking the Lowes 10%. Put up a stink and they should honor it.

/Former HD Front End Supervisor.

How would one be able to enforce it? Is there any policy document that one can use to show them?

There is a report that can be run in-store that shows every discount entered at the register level. The cashier's log into the register and everything they scan, input and discount can be monitored.
Ultimatly its YMMV in store. Where I live one HD usually gives me a hassle about using them (has to get "approval") the other HD in town (across the street from Lowes) has never giving me a hassle and the cashier inputs the discount without approval.

went to HD today and presented a 10% off coupon from lowes email and was told not accepting computerized coupon! they'll make any excuse i'd say!

Use 2 of them this weekend. 1 was 10% and the other was $10 off $50. Both HDs didn't blink a eye. Next time ask for a manager. Tell him/her you will gladdy shop at Lowes from now on if they don't accept the coupon.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014