Staples $25 off $75 coupons

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Over the past year, I've been using E-Junkie to purchase $25 off $75 coupons for Staples. I've always been curious as to where they get their coupons so I could save a few bucks. I've tried signing up to every newsletter and links on Staples.com, but I have yet to receive anything remotely close to such a coupon. I am also a Staples Rewards member and have not received anything over snail mail. I've read something along the lines that some folks have 'cracked' the Staples coupon generation scheme and have generated their own codes. I'm just curious to know where the source of these coupons are coming from. Any ideas?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

can u write java code?

They are coming from cyber criminals in China. They are 100% fraudulent. Staples coupon system has been compromised. It's that simple.

Until about 4 weeks ago, every week I used to get $25 Off $75 and $25 Off $100 alternating each week. Most of the time I used to give them away for free over here in Coupon Trading. Don't know why but I stopped receiving these coupons suddenly. Wonder if it had to do with them being used from various parts of the country by different Rewards Members or if they stopped emailing these out to everyone to put a curb on the fraudulent ones?

Irfanpath - yes, I can script and code.

Interesting regarding the fraudulent aspect of these coupons. You would think that Staples would try to fix this issue since these coupons have been around for awhile. There seems to be a lot being sold on eBay and sites like E-Junkie, and if they are indeed randomly generated using some known scheme, I would think that there would be some collissions which would result in duplicates.

I have had an issue with paying for coupons, now I am even more against it. Staples is a good store and, while I will take advantage of a legitimate deal, I'm not going to use fraud to get one.

One time use Staples coupon $25 off $75 or more Phone or online only. (excludes all computers) Please reply when used 7115 1218 2752 0694

Used. thanks!

qazi83 said: Used. thanks!
LOL.. no, you did not. Nice try to "hold" a coupon though.

KMAT, thanks for the coupon.

Im curious 2... I also signed up for Staples newsletter but I have never received any coupons

Staples bases the coupons on your purchasing habits as a rewards member, among other things

I have 4 accounts with Staples for seperate businesses and it's interesting to see how one account gets emailed coupons like $25 off $75 all the time, while the others hardly ever get any coupons.

Damn, I get red for telling the truth about these things? ROFL!

"The truth? You can't handle the truth!"

Someone reverse engineered the Staples coupon algorithm. Then they obtain one new coupon from an email. Using that new coupon and knowing the algorithm, there is a small number of possible choices for the next coupon in the sequence. They can try these few possible codes on the website to see what the next one in the series is. Now they have two coupons in series. This may be enough to generate a bazillion coupon codes, or they may need to figure out the third one in the series first. At some point, they are able to generate a ton of codes.

deepwallet said: Until about 4 weeks ago, every week I used to get $25 Off $75 and $25 Off $100 alternating each week. Most of the time I used to give them away for free over here in Coupon Trading. Don't know why but I stopped receiving these coupons suddenly. Wonder if it had to do with them being used from various parts of the country by different Rewards Members or if they stopped emailing these out to everyone to put a curb on the fraudulent ones?

I was getting the same to one of the 4 email addresses that they have for me: alternating $25/$75 one week, $25/$100 the following. I didn't want to jeopardize my acct and risk being blacklisted from online ordering so I was careful not to abuse them. I never gave any codes away and I didn't always use them but they stopped coming They were going to an email that wasn't making any purchases and being used on my main email address. I wondered if they stopped because they saw the codes being used on a different acct from which they were sent.

Free PS3
Disclaimer
I can't speak to the authenticity of the Staples coupons, but I know that a while ago people started using software to generate coupons for literally everything, and those coupons actually worked. Free soda, free beer, free cigarettes, and even free PS3s.

Tchaikovsky said: I can't speak to the authenticity of the Staples coupons, but I know that a while ago people started using software to generate coupons for literally everything, and those coupons actually worked. Free soda, free beer, free cigarettes, and even free PS3s.

Care to share how to get the free PS3

Nah, that's flat out stealing. There was a news article posted on the 15th about a guy getting arrested for that very same PS3 coupon!

Virtual360 said: Over the past year, I've been using E-Junkie to purchase $25 off $75 coupons for Staples. I've always been curious as to where they get their coupons so I could save a few bucks. I've tried signing up to every newsletter and links on Staples.com, but I have yet to receive anything remotely close to such a coupon. I am also a Staples Rewards member and have not received anything over snail mail. I've read something along the lines that some folks have 'cracked' the Staples coupon generation scheme and have generated their own codes. I'm just curious to know where the source of these coupons are coming from. Any ideas?

I say as long the coupons work and my account does not get flagged then do I really care where they got those coupons? if I'm saving $25 then I have no problem pay a buck or two for the coupon

greatdeals_007 said: Virtual360 said: Over the past year, I've been using E-Junkie to purchase $25 off $75 coupons for Staples. I've always been curious as to where they get their coupons so I could save a few bucks. I've tried signing up to every newsletter and links on Staples.com, but I have yet to receive anything remotely close to such a coupon. I am also a Staples Rewards member and have not received anything over snail mail. I've read something along the lines that some folks have 'cracked' the Staples coupon generation scheme and have generated their own codes. I'm just curious to know where the source of these coupons are coming from. Any ideas?

I say as long the coupons work and my account does not get flagged then do I really care where they got those coupons? if I'm saving $25 then I have no problem pay a buck or two for the coupon

Would you have the same opinion if you were passing around counterfeit $20 bills?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014