• filter:
  • 113141516 17
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
How soon after spending $500 at Staples until you get updated to Plus status, so I can bring in the additional ink cartridges? If I brought them in today, would I get credit, even though I still don't show as being 'Plus'?

"You are only $0.00 away from being upgraded to Plus!"

rated:
Treefarn said:   How soon after spending $500 at Staples until you get updated to Plus status, so I can bring in the additional ink cartridges? If I brought them in today, would I get credit, even though I still don't show as being 'Plus'?

3-4 weeks. You are Plus when they say your are Plus. Until they say you are Plus you cannot recycle any additional carts for credit.

rated:
Anybody else having trouble with OM qualified purchases getting updated properly (so get ink rewards released)? I have 3 purchases in Jan. and Feb. that I emailed them about today to manually adjust.

rated:
mathfaster said:   
Treefarn said:   How soon after spending $500 at Staples until you get updated to Plus status, so I can bring in the additional ink cartridges? If I brought them in today, would I get credit, even though I still don't show as being 'Plus'?

3-4 weeks. You are Plus when they say your are Plus. Until they say you are Plus you cannot recycle any additional carts for credit.

It actually turned out to be 4 days.    I was able to turn in 10 extra inks today.

rated:
St@ples rewards are available.

rated:
If I buy the ink online Staples.com to meet the recycling requirements (180 days) how soon can I start recycling? After delivery or ....

rated:
Anyone having trouble when they ship ink to both Quill and Staples at the same time? It seems like neither will credit the account's when shipped at the same time.

Anyone reported yet of getting shutdown for "abuse" of ink recycling? By maybe sending crappy ink in, etc.. 

rated:
xoxx said:   Anyone having trouble when they ship ink to both Quill and Staples at the same time? It seems like neither will credit the account's when shipped at the same time.

Anyone reported yet of getting shutdown for "abuse" of ink recycling? By maybe sending crappy ink in, etc.. 

I think that you have to contact them to get credited properly no matter what. I have been sending in for Staples 2 months now and first month no credit and 2nd month got credit 8/20 but Staples gave me courtesy credits.

rated:
xoxx said:   Anyone having trouble when they ship ink to both Quill and Staples at the same time? It seems like neither will credit the account's when shipped at the same time.

Staples and Quill are one of the same.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   

Staples and Quill are one of the same.

False, this is simply wrong. Staples Corp may own Quill , with similar site layout and item availability, but for the purposes of ink recycling, they could not be any more separate.

@18410149: Assuming you're sending separate boxes and all, the fact that you're giving them to UPS at the same time is not affecting your credits. Their reliability with entering ink recycling is simply poor. For the convenience of not having to ask for courtesy credits half the time or more, I'd recommend doing all Staples recycling in-store if possible. Though obviously, if you rarely go within 10 miles of a Staples or something, then forget that strategy...

rated:
Has anyone noticed that the labels for UPS are addressed to Calexico, CA however they end up in Mount Pleasant, MI?

rated:
OM & Stapler rewards are posted

rated:
I have a $25 off $125 coupon code for Quill.com Useful if you have accumulated your four month recycle credits.
First one to PM me can have it.

the Quill.com recycle thread has been archived so I chose to post here.

EDIT: CODE has been claimed

rated:
I have had to email/chat with Quill 9 out of the last 10 months to get the ink credited to my Quillcash

There is an upside, if you wait a while, you can work it so 5, $20 ink credits are valid during the 90 days, and use all 5 to make the min $100 order

rated:
I just realized my last Stapl3s ink purchase was Jan 11. Excel tells me today is exactly 180 days after Jan 11.
Am I o.k. to recycle for July today or am I SOL?
Do I need to do it in store today or will a mailing today suffice?

ETA: Took my butt to the store and recycled in store today.

rated:
fwuser12 said:   I just realized my last Stapl3s ink purchase was Jan 11. Excel tells me today is exactly 180 days after Jan 11.
Am I o.k. to recycle for July today or am I SOL?
Do I need to do it in store today or will a mailing today suffice?

Forget the mailing and do it in store today. There is some slight slack in the 180 days per some who have gone 184 days and gotten recycling credit but I wouldn't push it.

rated:
^ Looks like I got credited this month at day 184. It wasn't intentional since some of my recycle mail in carts posted over a month from mailing in.

rated:
Here is my situation: I have about 30 empty brother LC75 cartridges I can recycle. Im looking to purchase a new brother printer within the next week or so. What are my best options to turn my empty cartridges into fast coupons/cash to minimize my expenses on purchasing a new printer?

rated:
structurek said:   Here is my situation: I have about 30 empty brother LC75 cartridges I can recycle. Im looking to purchase a new brother printer within the next week or so. What are my best options to turn my empty cartridges into fast coupons/cash to minimize my expenses on purchasing a new printer?
  IF you are in test markets for OM in CA, CO, or KS you can recycle 20 carts if you are a Max Perks member and get $20 credit. None of the OD/OM or Staples programs are instant credit except for OM test markets.

rated:
bpvh said:   

Q. If I purchase an item with rewards will that purchase count my purchase requirement for recycling? (OD and OM only)

A. No, to the extent the purchase was paid for with rewards it will not count as a qualifying purchase for the purpose of the recycling purchase requirement.

So, I see it answered for OD and OM in the OP, but I am not sure how to search for a term to answer the question with regard to Staples. So... If I buy the $30 of ink at Staples (since I missed the Starbucks deal a couple weeks ago) can I use rewards and have that count towards my $30 in 180 days? If paying for 100% of the ink with rewards doesn't work, is it OK if I buy like a $45 brother toner and pay $10 in rewards, so the the 35 would count? I have a lot of rewards (as I guess we all do) that I need to burn.

rated:
corporateclaw said:   
bpvh said:   

Q. If I purchase an item with rewards will that purchase count my purchase requirement for recycling? (OD and OM only)

A. No, to the extent the purchase was paid for with rewards it will not count as a qualifying purchase for the purpose of the recycling purchase requirement.

So, I see it answered for OD and OM in the OP, but I am not sure how to search for a term to answer the question with regard to Staples. So... If I buy the $30 of ink at Staples (since I missed the Starbucks deal a couple weeks ago) can I use rewards and have that count towards my $30 in 180 days? If paying for 100% of the ink with rewards doesn't work, is it OK if I buy like a $45 brother toner and pay $10 in rewards, so the the 35 would count? I have a lot of rewards (as I guess we all do) that I need to burn.

The $30 must be out of pocket so the ink purchase is reduced by any discounts including rewards. In your examples, the "$45 brother toner and pay $10 in rewards, so the the 35 would count" is the correct one.

rated:
corporateclaw said:   
bpvh said:   

You MUST spend $30 out-of-pocket after any and all coupons/rewards for ink purchases.

rated:
Are OM and OD ink recycling programs still independent and will both earn credits? They seem to have one flyer now, not sure whats that status of their recycling program.

Thanks.

rated:
pkp413 said:   Are OM and OD ink recycling programs still independent and will both earn credits? They seem to have one flyer now, not sure whats that status of their recycling program.

Thanks.

The OM and OD rewards programs are still separate so you can still recycle at both stores.

rated:
But I noticed that OD store receipt considers ink rewards payment as a gift card payment. In this case, shouldn't the paid amount count as qualified purchase for the recycling?

bpvh said:   corporateclaw said:   
bpvh said:   

The $30 must be out of pocket so the ink purchase is reduced by any discounts including rewards. In your examples, the "$45 brother toner and pay $10 in rewards, so the the 35 would count" is the correct one.

rated:
tomprc said:   But I noticed that OD store receipt considers ink rewards payment as a gift card payment. In this case, shouldn't the paid amount count as qualified purchase for the recycling?

On the receipt it looks identical to a gift card payment, but in your online rewards account it does not count as a purchase to release ink rewards..

rated:
passion124 said:   
tomprc said:   But I noticed that OD store receipt considers ink rewards payment as a gift card payment. In this case, shouldn't the paid amount count as qualified purchase for the recycling?

On the receipt it looks identical to a gift card payment, but in your online rewards account it does not count as a purchase to release ink rewards..

passion124 is correct not to mention this is black letter per the terms and conditions:

Members can earn 200 Points for every cartridge recycled in-store, up to 10 per month. Minimum qualifying in-store or online purchase totaling at least $10 or more each month are required to earn monthly Points for recycling. Qualifying purchases exclude taxes; delivery fees; postage stamps; gift and prepaid cards; and purchases made with Office Depot Rewards and Merchandise Cards/Certificates. Additional cartridges can be recycled, but Points will only be earned on the monthly limit of 10.

rated:
Make this a Sticky! Very informative....poster has done his homework. Somewhere along the line,
someone asked, "Vote if we should make this a Sticky".
Referring to this original post:
ink/toner cartridge recycling primer/faq for Office Depot, OfficeMax and Staples (vers. 2013.07.01) 

Staples never enforced the qualifying purchase requirement as the others have done in this past....This modifies
the practice of "cashing in" many cartridges for essentially free product.

rated:
CardzXtcetera said:   MAKE THIS A STICKY! Very informative....poster has done his homework. Staples never enforced
the qualifying purchase requirement as the others have done in this past....This modifies
the practice of "cashing in" many cartridges for essentially free product.

You "replied" instead of "quoting" so no one knows what post you are talking about...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014