• filter:
  • 115161718 19
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
So for the OfficeDepot recycling program,† If I recycle 10 cartridges for a $20 reward, do I need to spend $20 that month or just $10?† If I recall correctly, in the past, you could not receive more back in rewards than you spent that month (and I previously had to spend $20 if recycling 10 cartridges.†† Can someone confirm this?†

rated:
Howie said:   So for the OfficeDepot recycling program,† If I recycle 10 cartridges for a $20 reward, do I need to spend $20 that month or just $10?† If I recall correctly, in the past, you could not receive more back in rewards than you spent that month (and I previously had to spend $20 if recycling 10 cartridges.†† Can someone confirm this?†
For the OD/OM Rewards program's recycling program, the requirement to recycle for each month is a qualified purchase of $10 or more. With such a qualified purchase, you are allowed to recycle up to 10 carts in that month. Each cart is worth $2 in rewards. No additional purchases are required to release the recycling rewards.

The now defunct former OM MaxPerks program only released recycling rewards to the extent of qualified purchases.

rated:
Argh. I have about $50 in qualifying spend made at OM in December, it shows as awarded 12/31/14 in my OM award history, but the rewards certificate isn't there. GRR!

rated:
Staple's Ink Recycling Summary now shows: "You are currently eligible to earn ink rewards until: xx/xx/2015".

rated:
3c3 said:   Staple's Ink Recycling Summary now shows: "You are currently eligible to earn ink rewards until: xx/xx/2015".
† They are using purchase date + 180 days to calculate the last date to recycle w/o buying ink. Not purchase date + 179 days which is what I used to be on the safe side.

rated:
Such sad news today. From three programs down to 1

rated:
jasonatq1520radiocom said:   Such sad news today. From three programs down to 1

† ?

rated:
AtomicTaco said:   
† ?

It has been discussed in various other threads that Staples is buying ODOM. I wouldn't surprised if the number of recycling programs goes down to 0.

rated:
3c3 said:   
AtomicTaco said:   
† ?

It has been discussed in various other threads that Staples is buying ODOM. I wouldn't surprised if the number of recycling programs goes down to 0.

† I would.† Sta‌ples and Off‌ice Depot sell empties to Clover Technologies.† Clover has various operating companies that pay at different prices.† Currently, one of the companies will pay $22 for a certain cartridge.† Generally it's under $10, but many of the cartridges over $10 are ones that O‌D/OM/S sell a lot of (based on what I see when I do collections).
If they discontinue the program, customers will have no incentive to take their cartridges to these stores, and they'll lose out on quite a bit of money.† If anything changes, I imagine it would only be a reduction in the credit per cartridge.

rated:
AtomicTaco said:   Currently, one of the companies will pay $22 for a certain cartridge.† Generally it's under $10, but many of the cartridges over $10 are ones that O‌D/OM/S sell a lot of (based on what I see when I do collections).

Then pay for the ones which are profitable, not the junk that we're turning in.

rated:
3c3 said:   
AtomicTaco said:   Currently, one of the companies will pay $22 for a certain cartridge.† Generally it's under $10, but many of the cartridges over $10 are ones that O‌D/OM/S sell a lot of (based on what I see when I do collections).

Then pay for the ones which are profitable, not the junk that we're turning in.

† By "they" if you mean Clover, then yes. †I'm sure that due to their volume Sta‌ples is getting better rates than I am, and about 2/3 of my collections are worth something to Clover. †One high value cartridge can make up for 10 "worthless" ones. †And while they usually don't pay for Epson cartridges (supply outweighs demand), they still need them. †Also, remember that it doesn't "cost" Sta‌ples $2 even though they're giving you a $2 credit.

rated:
bpvh said:   
Howie said:   So for the OfficeDepot recycling program,† If I recycle 10 cartridges for a $20 reward, do I need to spend $20 that month or just $10?† If I recall correctly, in the past, you could not receive more back in rewards than you spent that month (and I previously had to spend $20 if recycling 10 cartridges.†† Can someone confirm this?†
For the OD/OM Rewards program's recycling program, the requirement to recycle for each month is a qualified purchase of $10 or more. With such a qualified purchase, you are allowed to recycle up to 10 carts in that month. Each cart is worth $2 in rewards. No additional purchases are required to release the recycling rewards.

The now defunct former OM MaxPerks program only released recycling rewards to the extent of qualified purchases.

††
So if buy an item that's $13 at Office Depot, and then subsequently recycle 10 ink cartridges, will I receive a $20 reward certificate?

rated:
Moby99 said:   So if buy an item that's $13 at Office Depot, and then subsequently recycle 10 ink cartridges, will I receive a $20 reward certificate?Yes, as long as both happen in the same month

rated:
AtomicTaco said:   
Moby99 said:   So if buy an item that's $13 at Office Depot, and then subsequently recycle 10 ink cartridges, will I receive a $20 reward certificate?
Yes, as long as both happen in the same month

† Thanks for the info. I read in the FAQ that purchases made with Office Depot rewards certificates don't count towards a qualified purchase. Say I have a $20 rewards certificate and I buy a $30 item. The balance due will be $10. Will that $10 purchase count towards my minimum necessary to release ink recycling rewards or will be it be disqualified because I used a rewards certificate?†

rated:
Moby99 said:   
AtomicTaco said:   
Moby99 said:   So if buy an item that's $13 at Office Depot, and then subsequently recycle 10 ink cartridges, will I receive a $20 reward certificate?
Yes, as long as both happen in the same month

† Thanks for the info. I read in the FAQ that purchases made with Office Depot rewards certificates don't count towards a qualified purchase. Say I have a $20 rewards certificate and I buy a $30 item. The balance due will be $10. Will that $10 purchase count towards my minimum necessary to release ink recycling rewards or will be it be disqualified because I used a rewards certificate?†

The remaining $10 will count as a qualified purchase as long as it is paid for in a qualifying manner. Other than rewards certificates, merchandise cards and coupons are another non qualifying method of payment.

So remaining amount can be qualifying if paid for with cash, check, credit card, debit card, and gift card, etc., just not rewards certificates, merchandise cards or coupons.

See the following thread for a $10 off $40 coupon for OD/OM (usual exclusions so no tech):

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1425956/m18931032#m189...

Coupon valid through 03/13/2015. The couple of OM stores I have used the coupon at had to scan the OD coupon barcode to get the coupon to work.

With the coupon and $20 in rewards, purchase $40+ of qualifying items for $10+ OOP which qualifies you to recycle for the month.

rated:
OD Jan. rewards are available (includes the 100% back in rewards items from last month).

rated:
I turned in 20 carts at a Staples store that was closing for good, they accepted them as business as usual. I never got credit for them. I met the spending requirements for ink too.

I just looked at my rewards acct and saw what they did. I bought a toner cart for $30.00. I turned in 20 carts. they deducted the .20 that is rung up for the carts from my ink spending and says I need to spend an additional 0.20 in ink.

rated:
scottvm said:   I turned in 20 carts at a Staples store that was closing for good, they accepted them as business as usual. I never got credit for them. I met the spending requirements for ink too.

I just looked at my rewards acct and saw what they did. I bought a toner cart for $30.00. I turned in 20 carts. they deducted the .20 that is rung up for the carts from my ink spending and says I need to spend an additional 0.20 in ink.

† Another good reason to "inconvenience"† the cashier by keeping the ink recycling on a separate transaction. I file every recycling receipt in its own location.

Don't call just use a chat session to resolve this issue. so you get a transcript.

rated:
mathfaster said:   
3c3 said:   Staple's Ink Recycling Summary now shows: "You are currently eligible to earn ink rewards until: xx/xx/2015".
† They are using purchase date + 180 days to calculate the last date to recycle w/o buying ink. Not purchase date + 179 days which is what I used to be on the safe side.

Yeah, this is really nice. Tomorrow was the last day for me, so I recycled today. ††

rated:
metsfan said:   
mathfaster said:   

Yeah, this is really nice. Tomorrow was the last day for me, so I recycled today. ††

† I wonder how much give is in that date although I won't be pushing it. Some have said they have successfully recycled at +184 days in the past.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015