• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
So for the OfficeDepot recycling program,  If I recycle 10 cartridges for a $20 reward, do I need to spend $20 that month or just $10?  If I recall correctly, in the past, you could not receive more back in rewards than you spent that month (and I previously had to spend $20 if recycling 10 cartridges.   Can someone confirm this? 

rated:
Howie said:   So for the OfficeDepot recycling program,  If I recycle 10 cartridges for a $20 reward, do I need to spend $20 that month or just $10?  If I recall correctly, in the past, you could not receive more back in rewards than you spent that month (and I previously had to spend $20 if recycling 10 cartridges.   Can someone confirm this? 
For the OD/OM Rewards program's recycling program, the requirement to recycle for each month is a qualified purchase of $10 or more. With such a qualified purchase, you are allowed to recycle up to 10 carts in that month. Each cart is worth $2 in rewards. No additional purchases are required to release the recycling rewards.

The now defunct former OM MaxPerks program only released recycling rewards to the extent of qualified purchases.

rated:
Argh. I have about $50 in qualifying spend made at OM in December, it shows as awarded 12/31/14 in my OM award history, but the rewards certificate isn't there. GRR!

rated:
Staple's Ink Recycling Summary now shows: "You are currently eligible to earn ink rewards until: xx/xx/2015".

rated:
3c3 said:   Staple's Ink Recycling Summary now shows: "You are currently eligible to earn ink rewards until: xx/xx/2015".
  They are using purchase date + 180 days to calculate the last date to recycle w/o buying ink. Not purchase date + 179 days which is what I used to be on the safe side.

rated:
Such sad news today. From three programs down to 1

rated:
jasonatq1520radiocom said:   Such sad news today. From three programs down to 1

?

rated:
AtomicTaco said:   
  ?

It has been discussed in various other threads that Staples is buying ODOM. I wouldn't surprised if the number of recycling programs goes down to 0.

rated:
3c3 said:   
AtomicTaco said:   
  ?

It has been discussed in various other threads that Staples is buying ODOM. I wouldn't surprised if the number of recycling programs goes down to 0.

I would.  Sta‌ples and Off‌ice Depot sell empties to Clover Technologies.  Clover has various operating companies that pay at different prices.  Currently, one of the companies will pay $22 for a certain cartridge.  Generally it's under $10, but many of the cartridges over $10 are ones that O‌D/OM/S sell a lot of (based on what I see when I do collections).
If they discontinue the program, customers will have no incentive to take their cartridges to these stores, and they'll lose out on quite a bit of money.  If anything changes, I imagine it would only be a reduction in the credit per cartridge.

rated:
AtomicTaco said:   Currently, one of the companies will pay $22 for a certain cartridge.  Generally it's under $10, but many of the cartridges over $10 are ones that O‌D/OM/S sell a lot of (based on what I see when I do collections).

Then pay for the ones which are profitable, not the junk that we're turning in.

rated:
3c3 said:   
AtomicTaco said:   Currently, one of the companies will pay $22 for a certain cartridge.  Generally it's under $10, but many of the cartridges over $10 are ones that O‌D/OM/S sell a lot of (based on what I see when I do collections).

Then pay for the ones which are profitable, not the junk that we're turning in.

By "they" if you mean Clover, then yes.  I'm sure that due to their volume Sta‌ples is getting better rates than I am, and about 2/3 of my collections are worth something to Clover.  One high value cartridge can make up for 10 "worthless" ones.  And while they usually don't pay for Epson cartridges (supply outweighs demand), they still need them.  Also, remember that it doesn't "cost" Sta‌ples $2 even though they're giving you a $2 credit.

rated:
bpvh said:   
Howie said:   So for the OfficeDepot recycling program,  If I recycle 10 cartridges for a $20 reward, do I need to spend $20 that month or just $10?  If I recall correctly, in the past, you could not receive more back in rewards than you spent that month (and I previously had to spend $20 if recycling 10 cartridges.   Can someone confirm this? 
For the OD/OM Rewards program's recycling program, the requirement to recycle for each month is a qualified purchase of $10 or more. With such a qualified purchase, you are allowed to recycle up to 10 carts in that month. Each cart is worth $2 in rewards. No additional purchases are required to release the recycling rewards.

The now defunct former OM MaxPerks program only released recycling rewards to the extent of qualified purchases.

So if buy an item that's $13 at Office Depot, and then subsequently recycle 10 ink cartridges, will I receive a $20 reward certificate?

rated:
Moby99 said:   So if buy an item that's $13 at Office Depot, and then subsequently recycle 10 ink cartridges, will I receive a $20 reward certificate?Yes, as long as both happen in the same month

rated:
AtomicTaco said:   
Moby99 said:   So if buy an item that's $13 at Office Depot, and then subsequently recycle 10 ink cartridges, will I receive a $20 reward certificate?
Yes, as long as both happen in the same month

Thanks for the info. I read in the FAQ that purchases made with Office Depot rewards certificates don't count towards a qualified purchase. Say I have a $20 rewards certificate and I buy a $30 item. The balance due will be $10. Will that $10 purchase count towards my minimum necessary to release ink recycling rewards or will be it be disqualified because I used a rewards certificate? 

rated:
Moby99 said:   
AtomicTaco said:   
Moby99 said:   So if buy an item that's $13 at Office Depot, and then subsequently recycle 10 ink cartridges, will I receive a $20 reward certificate?
Yes, as long as both happen in the same month

Thanks for the info. I read in the FAQ that purchases made with Office Depot rewards certificates don't count towards a qualified purchase. Say I have a $20 rewards certificate and I buy a $30 item. The balance due will be $10. Will that $10 purchase count towards my minimum necessary to release ink recycling rewards or will be it be disqualified because I used a rewards certificate? 

The remaining $10 will count as a qualified purchase as long as it is paid for in a qualifying manner. Other than rewards certificates, merchandise cards and coupons are another non qualifying method of payment.

So remaining amount can be qualifying if paid for with cash, check, credit card, debit card, and gift card, etc., just not rewards certificates, merchandise cards or coupons.

See the following thread for a $10 off $40 coupon for OD/OM (usual exclusions so no tech):

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1425956/m18931032#m189... 

Coupon valid through 03/13/2015. The couple of OM stores I have used the coupon at had to scan the OD coupon barcode to get the coupon to work.

With the coupon and $20 in rewards, purchase $40+ of qualifying items for $10+ OOP which qualifies you to recycle for the month.

rated:
OD Jan. rewards are available (includes the 100% back in rewards items from last month).

rated:
I turned in 20 carts at a Staples store that was closing for good, they accepted them as business as usual. I never got credit for them. I met the spending requirements for ink too.

I just looked at my rewards acct and saw what they did. I bought a toner cart for $30.00. I turned in 20 carts. they deducted the .20 that is rung up for the carts from my ink spending and says I need to spend an additional 0.20 in ink.

rated:
scottvm said:   I turned in 20 carts at a Staples store that was closing for good, they accepted them as business as usual. I never got credit for them. I met the spending requirements for ink too.

I just looked at my rewards acct and saw what they did. I bought a toner cart for $30.00. I turned in 20 carts. they deducted the .20 that is rung up for the carts from my ink spending and says I need to spend an additional 0.20 in ink.

Another good reason to "inconvenience"  the cashier by keeping the ink recycling on a separate transaction. I file every recycling receipt in its own location.

Don't call just use a chat session to resolve this issue. so you get a transcript.

rated:
mathfaster said:   
3c3 said:   Staple's Ink Recycling Summary now shows: "You are currently eligible to earn ink rewards until: xx/xx/2015".
  They are using purchase date + 180 days to calculate the last date to recycle w/o buying ink. Not purchase date + 179 days which is what I used to be on the safe side.

Yeah, this is really nice. Tomorrow was the last day for me, so I recycled today.   

rated:
metsfan said:   
mathfaster said:   

Yeah, this is really nice. Tomorrow was the last day for me, so I recycled today.   

I wonder how much give is in that date although I won't be pushing it. Some have said they have successfully recycled at +184 days in the past.

rated:
rgrlee said:   I did.
  Jesus Christ!!! What is up with some new member's doing this type of reply over the last MANY months?  Do I smell a conspiracy of sorts????????? LOL

rated:
I have like 100 empty cartridges from work and a bunch of used Brother TN450 toner cartridges.

Would Staples be the best option for recycling these? Also, how strict are they about spending $30 on ink or whatever before they accept recycled items/allow you to spend the bonus $$??

Are there any better options?

rated:
structurek said:   how strict is Sta‌ples about spending $30 on ink or whatever before they accept recycled items/allow you to spend the bonus $$??

Very. If you don't spend $30+ on ink, they don't issue the rewards, no exceptions. They'll accept as many cartridges as you have for recycling, regardless of your membership status.
structurek said:   I have like 100 empty cartridges from wor k and a bunch of used Brother TN450 toner cartridges.
eCycle is currently paying $2.50 per used undamaged TN-450. Also check out their ink list. I stopped shipping to them after they consistently mis-inventoried my shipments. But if you have at least 20 items, they might be worth a shot.
If you have a bunch of stuff on their price list, I can point you to a higher volume vendor. They pay more per cartridge, but require a 100 minimum pieces per shipment.

rated:
I bought a Brother Ink cartdrige (SKU 645319) for $16.99 and a Staples remanufactured cartridge (SKU 1053499) for $14.49, both in same receipt (kiosk, paid at register), for a total of $31.48. Online shows ink purchase of $16.990000000000002. Is this some kind of glitch or is "Staples remanufactured cartridge" somehow not considered as ink purchase for recycling qualification?

Is this related to 6-digit vs 7-digit SKU glitch that affected some binder rebates not being detected recently?

rated:
fwuser12 said:   I bought a Brother Ink cartdrige (SKU 645319) for $16.99 and a St​aples remanufactured cartridge (SKU 1053499) for $14.49, both in same receipt (kiosk, paid at register), for a total of $31.48. Online shows ink purchase of $16.990000000000002. Is this some kind of glitch or is "St​aples remanufactured cartridge" somehow not considered as ink purchase for recycling qualification?

Is this related to 6-digit vs 7-digit SKU glitch that affected some binder rebates not being detected recently?

That reman cartridge is listed in their ink category online, so I would assume it's eligible.  The TAC are pretty vague, stating only that "at least $30 in ink and/or toner" must be purchased.  However that's clearly an ink product--technically it's an ink tank and not an ink cartridge since there's no printhead.  I'd call them or chat with them, I see no reason why it shouldn't count.

rated:
AtomicTaco said:   
fwuser12 said:   I bought a Brother Ink cartdrige (SKU 645319) for $16.99 and a St​aples remanufactured cartridge (SKU 1053499) for $14.49, both in same receipt (kiosk, paid at register), for a total of $31.48. Online shows ink purchase of $16.990000000000002. Is this some kind of glitch or is "St​aples remanufactured cartridge" somehow not considered as ink purchase for recycling qualification?

That reman cartridge is listed in their ink category online, so I would assume it's eligible.  The TAC are pretty vague, stating only that "at least $30 in ink and/or toner" must be purchased.  However that's clearly an ink product--technically it's an ink tank and not an ink cartridge since there's no printhead.  I'd call them or chat with them, I see no reason why it shouldn't count.

Update: This morning, I did a chat and they will issue the reward manually. However, I will need to manually request the ink reward every month. They are "aware of the issue" but for now, manual request it is. I suspect this is related to 7-digit SKU. 

rated:
fwuser12 said:   
AtomicTaco said:   

Update: This morning, I did a chat and they will issue the reward manually. However, I will need to manually request the ink reward every month. They are "aware of the issue" but for now, manual request it is. I suspect this is related to 7-digit SKU. 

Good luck with that. I have a similar issue, where I was given a personal email to manually request it. Every time I do, no response. 

rated:
Both programs have posted for rewards earned in March

rated:
fwuser12 said:   AtomicTaco said:   

rated:
retrac said:   
fwuser12 said:   
AtomicTaco said:   

Are the mods pulling April fools this far into April? I had quoted fwuser12 removing AtomicTaco and fwuser12's first post telling of a similar situation in Jan. When I hit reply my reply along with my removal of the quote's is gone. Now the shortened story is I have to call every month I recycle because Stapl3s had to special order being my local warehouse must have been out. Therefore I didn't get credit for the S.O. A real PITA!

rated:
I am premier. I went to recycle my 20 inks today and the cashier asked me "am I a business"? I said no. she said I could only recycle 10 inks. I told her its 20. she took my 20, but said I will only get credit for 10.

rated:
scottvm said:   I am premier. I went to recycle my 20 inks today and the cashier asked me "am I a business"? I said no. she said I could only recycle 10 inks. I told her its 20. she took my 20, but said I will only get credit for 10.
  As long as your receipt says 20 and your status is Premiere online, you should be fine.  The cashier may be mis-informed about how the status levels work; also, few individuals reach Premiere status.

rated:
AtomicTaco said:   
scottvm said:   I am premier. I went to recycle my 20 inks today and the cashier asked me "am I a business"? I said no. she said I could only recycle 10 inks. I told her its 20. she took my 20, but said I will only get credit for 10.
  As long as your receipt says 20 and your status is Premiere online, you should be fine.  The cashier may be mis-informed about how the status levels work; also, few individuals reach Premiere status.

really?  I thought just about everyone had Premier.  Guess it's a reflection of who I know.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   
AtomicTaco said:   

really?  I thought just about everyone had Premier.  Guess it's a reflection of who I know.

My annual spend at Sta​ples is under $100.  About $32 twice a year on ink, then a couple bucks every month or two redeeming awards.

rated:
AtomicTaco said:   
my4mainecoons said:   
AtomicTaco said:   

My annual spend at Sta​ples is under $100.  About $32 twice a year on ink, then a couple bucks every month or two redeeming awards.

Staples is a great source for items to resell on eBay, for me it is laptops
Even with their 6% and Paypal fees
There is the PayPal 1.5% kickback on my purchases.
Always free s/h to the 48 states with USPS offered for $16 and to any location with a US zip code
Usually rewards checks are $300 or more  plus $40 for ink
One advantage over other sellers is no sales tax here.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   Staples is a great source for items to resell on eBay, for me it is laptops
Even with their 6% and Paypal fees
There is the PayPal 1.5% kickback on my purchases.
Always free s/h to the 48 states with USPS offered for $16 and to any location with a US zip code
Usually rewards checks are $300 or more  plus $40 for ink
One advantage over other sellers is no sales tax here.
What's the 1.5%? Also, you're buying and re-shipping? If you were drop shipping then you'd be paying destination sales tax.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015