• filter:
  • 123 4 517
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
anyone rec'd their 4th quarter OD Rewards Gift Card yet? should have gone out by now.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   anyone rec'd their 4th quarter OD Rewards Gift Card yet? should have gone out by now.
I would expect that they should start arriving this week.

rated:
VivYip said:   Staples january rewards are available to print now...

also, i now believe the breakdown for the Staples rewards is a max of 100 and whatever is leftover on the 2nd part of the monthly rewards if you're premier at least. Has anyone with more than $2xx in rewards had a different breakdown/split of the rewards?

I got $100 and $115.50 this month.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   anyone rec'd their 4th quarter OD Rewards Gift Card yet? should have gone out by now.

Someone mentioned getting it in another thread. So, should be soon. I usually get my mine the last week of the second month.

rated:
jmorgans said:   Here are a couple more questions, some of which I can answer, some I cannot:

Q. Can I make a purchase using rewards checks issued to different people/different accounts? (Officemax- never had a problem. Staples I think is YMMV. In store, just hope they don't check. I have also done it successfully online, checking out as a guest. I have heard of others having their orders cancelled.)

Q. What happens to rewards dollars if I return an item purchased with rewards checks? (Answer for officemax is- in store returns get a non-expiring gift card. Shipping back an item purchased online has gotten me a check- yes, a real bank check. Answer for Staples- I'm not sure. I've read something about having to call and request a reissued rewards check- can anyone confirm?)

Q. What if original checks were issued to different people/accounts? Can I return the item and get rewards checks reissued? (Answer for officemax is yes- see above. Staples- I'm not sure. Anyone?)

Didn't see these questions answered, Anyone?

rated:
happy to report the 4th quarter WORKLIFE REWARDS Gift Card arrived today from Office Depot.

rated:
I usually do ink at Staples but have recently started Office Depot as well. How does the Worklife Rewards work in relation to the tax? With Staples, you pay taxes on the amount AFTER the rewards are deducted. Is this the case with Office Depot as well? Your help in this matter will help me greatly. Thanks!

rated:
TheMouse said:   I usually do ink at Staples but have recently started Office Depot as well. How does the Worklife Rewards work in relation to the tax? With Staples, you pay taxes on the amount AFTER the rewards are deducted. Is this the case with Office Depot as well? Your help in this matter will help me greatly. Thanks!

I don't know, tax never enters into a sale here in Oregon..

Though we do get ripped off here for car tags, any car $86.00 for 2 years.

rated:
TheMouse said:   I usually do ink at Staples but have recently started Office Depot as well. How does the Worklife Rewards work in relation to the tax? With Staples, you pay taxes on the amount AFTER the rewards are deducted. Is this the case with Office Depot as well? Your help in this matter will help me greatly. Thanks!

nope, worklife rewards issues a gift card that you swipe. it's treated as a "form of payment", no different than cc or cash and thus you pay sales tax on the full amount of rewards you spend. however, sales tax can be paid with the worklife rewards card itself as part of the total.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   TheMouse said:   I usually do ink at Staples but have recently started Office Depot as well. How does the Worklife Rewards work in relation to the tax? With Staples, you pay taxes on the amount AFTER the rewards are deducted. Is this the case with Office Depot as well? Your help in this matter will help me greatly. Thanks!

I don't know, tax never enters into a sale here in Oregon..

Though we do get ripped off here for car tags, any car $86.00 for 2 years.

that's $42 a year...not outrageous. renewal tag plate stickers are $35-50 for each car per year in most states in the NE (maybe even more in some)

rated:

I prefer Staples for ink recycling even though it comes out in the form of a coupon (like the rest of the rewards)

Office Depot for now comes in the form of a GC, which is a form of payment. (like what MISTERCHEAP mentioned above)

rated:
Thanks! Unfortunate, but I really have no right to complain.

rated:
I just became Staples Premier Rewards from the Presidents day purchases. My questions is can I recycle 20 inks this month? I have not recycled any inks this month, my account shows recycle 10, not 20. Do I have to wait for few weeks? Thanks.

rated:
zmaster said:   I just became Staples Premier Rewards from the Presidents day purchases. My questions is can I recycle 20 inks this month? I have not recycled any inks this month, my account shows recycle 10, not 20. Do I have to wait for few weeks? Thanks.

If you received an email or a specific dated notification (say 2/23/11)of achieving Premier, and you recycle 20 on or after that date in Feb 2011, you will get credited for the 20 for the month. If you do not, just hold onto to your "confirmation" of premier status and call the rewards center if your ink recycle check is for $20 and not $40 when issued in March.

that's what I would do...................

rated:
So spending $1000 in January will get us a preimer member status for almost 2 years?

bpvh said:   
$1000 or more in qualified spending in 2011 qualifies for one for premier for the rest of 2011 and all of 2012. To retain premier for all of 2013 would require another $1000 in qualified spending in 2012. Repeat.

rated:
yes

rated:
BTW, I got a phone call from Staples and asked for the link. Service person was very helpful.

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/perm/merch024658_gold_welcome/index.html

Hope this might help someone

rated:
Went to OD in Marathon FL. First trip in they tell me they only take 5 per visit. Said it even says that on the receipt. Next trip in they tell me they only take 5 per visit and you have to buy something too. I told them I'd just wait till I got back home. You have to be hardcore to go to the Florida Keys and spend time doing a recycle.

rated:
JamesTKirk said:   Went to OD in Marathon FL. First trip in they tell me they only take 5 per visit. Said it even says that on the receipt. Next trip in they tell me they only take 5 per visit and you have to buy something too. I told them I'd just wait till I got back home. You have to be hardcore to go to the Florida Keys and spend time doing a recycle.

Went last Sunday and all 20 were accepted.
No purchase at that moment, did go and buy later.

rated:
If you turn in the cartridges at the beginning of the month, you may miss potential recycling specials later in the month.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   JamesTKirk said:   Went to OD in Marathon FL. First trip in they tell me they only take 5 per visit. Said it even says that on the receipt. Next trip in they tell me they only take 5 per visit and you have to buy something too. I told them I'd just wait till I got back home. You have to be hardcore to go to the Florida Keys and spend time doing a recycle.

Went last Sunday and all 20 were accepted.
No purchase at that moment, did go and buy later.

Yes. I haven't had any issues. I was saying it seems to be specific to that store for some reasons or that area. I was on vacation.

rated:
VivYip said:   BTW, I got a phone call from Staples and asked for the link. Service person was very helpful.

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/perm/merch024658_gold_welcome/index.html

Hope this might help someone

viv,

how do you reach Staples Premier Gold level? sorry if it's already answered. thanks.

rated:
I'm not sure exactly how I got to that level.

I just spent as usual...and I'm pretty surprised because frankly I don't think I spend that much there...When I log into my account, it still shows the old 10% info, though so far...

(According to the year end of 2010, i spent 2.4k with the bulk of it done during November (i think due to day after thanksgiving sale) and then if you add in the FAReward items, I think it came from there... On the other hand, the rewards summary also says that I "saved" on shipping costs and over 1.2k total...which would make it maybe 1.2k total spent? So, honestly, I have no clue how to calculate the way to get that status

rated:
Staples Rewards are posted, log in and print them out!

rated:
Maxperks are ready

rated:
Bittermelon said:   Maxperks are ready

I did not get credit for my OfficeMax recycling last month (due to lack of $ qualified purchases); once I meet the threshold required, will I receive the credit for the ink recycled last month or have I lost those credits??

rated:
pkp413 said:   I did not get credit for my OfficeMax recycling last month (due to lack of $ qualified purchases); once I meet the threshold required, will I receive the credit for the ink recycled last month or have I lost those credits??Qualified purchases and ink/toner recycling are done on an overall calendar year basis with monthly payouts. Once you have sufficient purchases your recycling rewards will be paid out.

The particulars are explained in the OP in the FAQ.

rated:
Has anyone received the February recycling credit for Office Depot?

rated:
c3 said:   Has anyone received the February recycling credit for Office Depot?
My February recycling has been credited to my account:

Under "Rewards Status" >> "Recycling Rewards: Amounts are based on program offer at the time the cartridges were recycled. Valid in-store only. See FAQ or the Terms and Conditions for complete details."

Purchase Date // Qualified Amount // % Back in Rewards // Reward Amount
01/16/2011 // $100.00 // 100% // $100.00
02/26/2011 // $40.00 // 100% // $40.00

rated:
Thanks, bpvh. I'll have to contact the CS to check why my account has not been updated.

rated:
VivYip said:   TheMouse said:   I usually do ink at Staples but have recently started Office Depot as well. How does the Worklife Rewards work in relation to the tax? With Staples, you pay taxes on the amount AFTER the rewards are deducted. Is this the case with Office Depot as well? Your help in this matter will help me greatly. Thanks!

I prefer Staples for ink recycling even though it comes out in the form of a coupon (like the rest of the rewards)

Office Depot for now comes in the form of a GC, which is a form of payment. (like what MISTERCHEAP mentioned above)

Does this mean it's not tied to rewards account? Can I buy a card on eBay and use it in the same transaction with my own rewards card?

(I got sick of OM not having and free after rewards stuff lately, and just cashed out my rewards there for eBay GCs. I'd like to get an OD gift card with that, and then combine it with all my rewards from the free after rewards tote boxes. Need a new monitor.)

rated:
metsfan said:   VivYip said:   TheMouse said:   I usually do ink at Staples but have recently started Office Depot as well. How does the Worklife Rewards work in relation to the tax? With Staples, you pay taxes on the amount AFTER the rewards are deducted. Is this the case with Office Depot as well? Your help in this matter will help me greatly. Thanks!

Does this mean it's not tied to rewards account? Can I buy a card on eBay and use it in the same transaction with my own rewards card?

(I got sick of OM not having and free after rewards stuff lately, and just cashed out my rewards there for eBay GCs. I'd like to get an OD gift card with that, and then combine it with all my rewards from the free after rewards tote boxes. Need a new monitor.)

metsfan,

yes, to my knowledge it's not tied to a rewards account and will work fine as a form of payment (and should be combinable with another rewards card. Have never done it, but don't forsee a problem).. HOWEVER!! these rewards gift cards DO NOT earn WORKLIFE REWARDS credit spend towards ink recycle minimum spend requirements. So in if you are trying to earn some "spend" to redeem ink carts for more rewards, you might be better off just paying w/cash or credit card.

rated:
anyone seen or heard from BPVH?

haven't seen him post in a couple of weeks and the FAR software threads haven't been updated in awhile. miss his info!

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   anyone seen or heard from BPVH?

haven't seen him post in a couple of weeks and the FAR software threads haven't been updated in awhile. miss his info!

I'm still here. A bit busy, but still here. No new FAR software from OD the past two weeks AFAIK.

rated:
Office Depot says my rewards have been "issued" but when I click "Get My Rewards" it says they'll email me when they're available to print. I want to order my monitor already!

Sorry, just needed to complain. Very impatient.

rated:
metsfan said:   Office Depot says my rewards have been "issued" but when I click "Get My Rewards" it says they'll email me when they're available to print. I want to order my monitor already!

Mets,

are we talking about quarter 1, 2011 rewards?

Given the "old" card version wouldn't get mailed to mid/late May for 1st quarter, and you posted this on 4/10, I'd say be patient. Should be soon and still much sooner than mid-late May.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   metsfan said:   Office Depot says my rewards have been "issued" but when I click "Get My Rewards" it says they'll email me when they're available to print. I want to order my monitor already!

Mets,

are we talking about quarter 1, 2011 rewards?

Given the "old" card version wouldn't get mailed to mid/late May for 1st quarter, and you posted this on 4/10, I'd say be patient. Should be soon and still much sooner than mid-late May.

But I've never done OD rewards before, so I haven't done that. I know I'll get the soon, but my third monitor died about a month ago, and I'm itching to replace it.

rated:
When do you expect the OD rewards to get here since we are now on the new online printing system? Mine shows its ready, but can't print yet.

rated:
jmorgans said: Here are a couple more questions, some of which I can answer, some I cannot:

Q. Can I make a purchase using rewards checks issued to different people/different accounts? (OfficeMax- never had a problem. Staples I think is YMMV. In store, just hope they don't check. I have also done it successfully online, checking out as a guest. I have heard of others having their orders cancelled.)

Q. What happens to rewards dollars if I return an item purchased with rewards checks? (Answer for OfficeMax is- in store returns get a non-expiring gift card. Shipping back an item purchased online has gotten me a check- yes, a real bank check. Answer for Staples- I'm not sure. I've read something about having to call and request a reissued rewards check- can anyone confirm?)

Q. What if original checks were issued to different people/accounts? Can I return the item and get rewards checks reissued? (Answer for OfficeMax is yes- see above. Staples- I'm not sure. Anyone?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jmorgans, I have only recently started recycling at Office Max, but have been recycling with Staples for years- here has been my experience with Staples- hope it helps!
A. I have always been successful using rewards checks that were issued to different people/different accounts at my store, (I've even asked them if it was ok, and the cashier said it was!) but like you say, YMMV.

A. Here has been my experience when I've returned items that I've paid for with reward checks and cash: the register calculated the percentage of rewards and cash I paid for each item proportionately based on the the total purchase, and refunded me exactly the way I paid: in a combination of a rewards check (in the form of a cash register receipt) and cash. Not sure if that made sense, so here's an example: Say I bought two $25.00 items and my total was $50.00. I used a $20.00 rewards check and paid $30.00 cash. Since I paid 40% of the total with rewards checks, I would get 40% of each item I return back in Staples rewards and the other 60% back in cash.

A. When I've used multiple checks/different names/account numbers for the same purchase, I got multiple rewards checks reissued- but that was true even when I used multiple checks that were all in my own name, as well.

rated:
baker0890 said:   When do you expect the OD rewards to get here since we are now on the new online printing system? Mine shows its ready, but can't print yet.

They say "within 30 days after the end of the quarter," so by the end of this month at the latest. Hopefully sooner.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014