• filter:
  • 14 5 67817
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
metsfan said:   baker0890 said:   When do you expect the OD rewards to get here since we are now on the new online printing system? Mine shows its ready, but can't print yet.

They say "within 30 days after the end of the quarter," so by the end of this month at the latest. Hopefully sooner.

For OD all I see is 60 days after the end of the quarter:

From the terms and conditions:

"Rewards are issued as an Office Depot Reward Card. Office Depot reserves the right to issue Rewards in any form, including coupons or checks. Reward Cards are issued within 60 days after the end of each quarter and will be valid for 90 days after the date of issuance. No extensions or exchanges will be allowed for expired Reward Cards."

From the FAQ:

Q. When will I receive my Rewards Card?

A. Rewards Cards are issued within 60 days after the end of each quarter when a minimum of $10 has been earned.

rated:
"When you earn $10 or more in Rewards you will receive an email notification that your Reward Card is ready to be printed. Reward Cards are ready to print within 30 days after the end of a quarter."

rated:
Staples rewards account shows last update as April 1, 2011 ? Is that same for everyone ?

Thanks

rated:
haramkhor said:   Staples rewards account shows last update as April 1, 2011 ? Is that same for everyone ?

Thanks

Yes, as of last night. You'll see progress over the next few days.

rated:
bpvh said:   metsfan said:   baker0890 said:   When do you expect the OD rewards to get here since we are now on the new online printing system? Mine shows its ready, but can't print yet.

They say "within 30 days after the end of the quarter," so by the end of this month at the latest. Hopefully sooner.

For OD all I see is 60 days after the end of the quarter:

From the terms and conditions:

"Rewards are issued as an Office Depot Reward Card. Office Depot reserves the right to issue Rewards in any form, including coupons or checks. Reward Cards are issued within 60 days after the end of each quarter and will be valid for 90 days after the date of issuance. No extensions or exchanges will be allowed for expired Reward Cards."

From the FAQ:

Q. When will I receive my Rewards Card?

A. Rewards Cards are issued within 60 days after the end of each quarter when a minimum of $10 has been earned.

If you click on "Get My Rewards" on the Worklife Rewards site it says this: "When you earn $10 or more in Rewards you will receive an email notification that your Reward Card is ready to be printed. Reward Cards are ready to print within 30 days after the end of a quarter. The Rewards add up fast! Remember to use your member number every time you shop online, in store or over the phone."

rated:
metsfan said:   If you click on "Get My Rewards" on the Worklife Rewards site it says this: "When you earn $10 or more in Rewards you will receive an email notification that your Reward Card is ready to be printed. Reward Cards are ready to print within 30 days after the end of a quarter. The Rewards add up fast! Remember to use your member number every time you shop online, in store or over the phone."That will teach me to reply without logging in.

rated:
I've got a weird situation I haven't seen before. I bought two backs for free after rewards batteries from Staples the week they offered them. In that same transaction, I bought two of the free rolls of scotch tape, and turned in my ink recycling. On the rewards site, when I click Purchase Details, the transaction shows up with the summary line:

Total: $28.18 Rewards earned: $65.98.

Both of those numbers are correct (counting the $0.20 they "charge" and then take off as a discount for the ink cartridges). But when I click the transaction for more detail, I only see the tape and the ink recycling. The batteries don't show up there. On the rewards home page, it shows that I have earned $1.24 this month (from various reams of paper), missing the $25.98 from the batteries. It also shows that I have earned $40 in ink recycling, which were in the same transaction.

I'm not concerned about it, and if they don't issue them this month I'll just email or call and I'm sure they'll send them out. Just a heads up for people to look for weird stuff in their Staples rewards.

rated:
MaxPerks rewards available now. OfficeMax wins this month!

rated:
I really am hoping OD releases theirs before Saturday, I sure need a new printer and the one i want is on sale with trade in for just under my reward amount (168.50) so after taxes it should equal out!

rated:
Important Office Depot changes:

1. Effective May 1, 2011, you can recycle up to a limit of 10 per month.

2. Effective July 1, 2011 Members will no longer earn 1% back in Rewards on almost everything else.

3. Effective July 1, 2011, your Rewards will expire at the end of any quarter in which you have earned less than $10 ("Unpaid Rewards").

rated:
c3 said:   Important Office Depot changes:

2. Effective July 1, 2011 Members will no longer earn 1% back in Rewards on almost everything else.
ugh...there goes just about ANY advantage(?) OD had for me on some things...

3. Effective July 1, 2011, your Rewards will expire at the end of any quarter in which you have earned less than $10 ("Unpaid Rewards"). That's really disappointing

To be fair(?) to OD, I guess they might not have any choice since they were in financial trouble for a while...perhaps this is their way of filtering out undesirables/unprofitables (like FWers who know deals)

The info mentioned regarding July 1, 2011 is in their Terms & Conditions here

rated:
10 a month might not be worth the drive. My OD is not nearby. Surprised OM has held up with $3 as long as they have.

rated:
Rewards should be coming for OD any day now! Says online posting should be between April 15-30! Well we have 11 more days until the last possible day!

rated:
baker0890 said:   Rewards should be coming for OD any day now! Says online posting should be between April 15-30! Well we have 11 more days until the last possible day!
Staples rewards are out. OD sucks again.

rated:
VivYip said:   c3 said:   Important Office Depot changes:

ugh...there goes just about ANY advantage(?) OD had for me on some things...

3. Effective July 1, 2011, your Rewards will expire at the end of any quarter in which you have earned less than $10 ("Unpaid Rewards"). That's really disappointing

To be fair(?) to OD, I guess they might not have any choice since they were in financial trouble for a while...perhaps this is their way of filtering out undesirables/unprofitables (like FWers who know deals)

The info mentioned regarding July 1, 2011 is in their Terms & Conditions here

so does that mean you can't "roll" your cartridge rewards with the new T&C? in other words, if you recycled 20 in May worth $40 in rewards, but only had $20 in purchases, you'd get $20 in rewards.

Under the old way, if you then spent another $20 in september, you'd get the $20 from your May recycle credited at that time.

must say, this sorta sucks. OD hasn't had FAR software in 6 weeks (not counting the tax/software deals) and 10 a month recycle is pretty cheap at $2 a pop.

If you're 15 miles away from an OD, you're spending $15 RT in gas to get $20 rewards? Not worth it at all.......

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   If you're 15 miles away from an OD, you're spending $15 RT in gas to get $20 rewards? Not worth it at all.......What are you paying for fuel per gallon or what are you driving? Even with fuel at $5 per gallon and 15 mpg a thirty mile round trip would be $10. At $4 per gallon and 20 mpg the fuel cost would be $6 (my case). Thankfully my office supply stores are much closer.

rated:
bpvh said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   If you're 15 miles away from an OD, you're spending $15 RT in gas to get $20 rewards? Not worth it at all.......What are you paying for fuel per gallon or what are you driving? Even with fuel at $5 per gallon and 15 mpg a thirty mile round trip would be $10. At $4 per gallon and 20 mpg the fuel cost would be $6 (my case). Thankfully my office supply stores are much closer.

well assuming $4 a gallon at 18mpg, I should have $7 listed, not $15. however, if you factor in about .35-40 an ink cart to buy them on eBay x 10, that's another $4ish. so you've spent about 11 to make $20. definitely not as good as $14 (20 carts cost plus gas) to make $40.

also, I'm getting concerned about the lack of FAR and FAREWARDS deals of late at OD. that's was a key part of making the ink recycle spend that you're required to get back your rewards.

keeping a close eye on OD and may pull out of doing recycling there given these changes.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   

also, I'm getting concerned about the lack of FAR and FAREWARDS deals of late at OD. that's was a key part of making the ink recycle spend that you're required to get back your rewards.

keeping a close eye on OD and may pull out of doing recycling there given these changes.

Agree. The quarterly segmenting kills the FAR software deals. It's possible their FAR offer may occur in the third month of the quarter giving us speculator's anguish. Do we "give" the cartridges hoping for a FAR deal?

rated:
Stolat said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   

Agree. The quarterly segmenting kills the FAR software deals. It's possible their FAR offer may occur in the third month of the quarter giving us speculator's anguish. Do we "give" the cartridges hoping for a FAR deal?

well, they'll cut their nose to spite their face doing this. their sales of many FAR items will drop considerably since noone will be doing them as a result of not doing the ink recycle for the very reason you mention. I'm not going to "gamble", if they come out with FAR sales in Sept and I haven't brought in carts in July and August, I'm not going to waste my time on a FAR title to get $20 back in rewards on just the Sept spend.

rated:
My reward is now showing up as pending. Looks like we will get them soon from OD

rated:
baker0890 said:   My reward is now showing up as pending. Looks like we will get them soon from OD

Yeah, mine is too. And every time I check to see if it's still pending, or available, I get an email saying someone retrieved my reward. Annoying.

rated:
Very Annoying, They need to maake it only email when it has been actually view/printed. Especially when its really not there yet.

rated:
Finally... OD reward is available!

rated:
Jealous! Mine isnt yet! Did it email you to notify you?

rated:
baker0890 said:   Jealous! Mine isnt yet! Did it email you to notify you?

Nope, no email. But my monitor has already shipped, and should be delivered tomorrow!

rated:
Starting in May, the monthly limit at OD is going down to 10 per month.

rated:

monitors (419.69kB)
Disclaimer
Woo! The one in the middle is the new one.

rated:
metsfan said:   Woo! The one in the middle is the new one.

you have SD up on the screen and NOT FW????

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   metsfan said:   Woo! The one in the middle is the new one.

you have SD up on the screen and NOT FW????

I guess I do. Am I allowed to post that pic here?

Weird. I had a Staples Paypal rebate (11-46726, 2 HP reams) that said it was printed/mailed but I didn't get anything at Paypal, and now it's changed to validation complete, and a check. Anyone else have this happen?

rated:
Now with OD and OM posting terrible results this quarter, it is now a countdown to see which of the 2 will finally go away. My bet and hope is OD. Take your 10 a month limit to oblivion.

rated:
For me, OD rewards are more useful than OM rewards. I have not bought anything from OM this year yet.

rated:
Does it mean we can not roll over the ink recycling credit any more? If that is the case, I have to spend at least $220 in May and June to get rewards.

I have $220 worth ink cartridges recycled, but have not spent any money out of my pocket yet. I was hoping to catch up with this spending once I exhausted my rewards in my hands.

rated:
iamabigbug said:   Does it mean we can not roll over the ink recycling credit any more? If that is the case, I have to spend at least $220 in May and June to get rewards.

I have $220 worth ink cartridges recycled, but have not spent any money out of my pocket yet. I was hoping to catch up with this spending once I exhausted my rewards in my hands.

I am not sure what the new term "NOTICE: Effective July 1, 2011, your Rewards will expire at the end of any quarter in which you have earned less than $10 ("Unpaid Rewards")" means.

I am pretty sure that the term does not go into effect until the third quarter and the end of the third quarter is not until September 31, 2011.

rated:
OP has been updated for OD program changes.

rated:
Personally, after June 30 I am going to stop giving the cashier my Rewards card unless it is a purchase of ink/toner/paper. They can't track my spending for free. Same for Staples.

rated:
airtommy said:   Personally, after June 30 I am going to stop giving the cashier my Rewards card unless it is a purchase of ink/toner/paper. They can't track my spending for free.

Then you won't get qualifying purchases for recycling.

rated:
airtommy said:   Personally, after June 30 I am going to stop giving the cashier my Rewards card unless it is a purchase of ink/toner/paper. They can't track my spending for free. Same for Staples.

better yet, as of July 1 I am changing my official Office Depot policy:

I will not recycle carts at Office Depot at all and after my rewards for 2nd quarter are available at end of July and used up, won't be doing much shopping there at all.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   airtommy said:   Personally, after June 30 I am going to stop giving the cashier my Rewards card unless it is a purchase of ink/toner/paper. They can't track my spending for free. Same for Staples.

better yet, as of July 1 I am changing my official Office Depot policy:

I will not recycle carts at Office Depot at all and after my rewards for 2nd quarter are available at end of July and used up, won't be doing much shopping there at all.

ditto Here

rated:
OfficeMax wins again in posting rewards for last month. Go OM. Rooting for OD to go away.

rated:
Question:I have accumulated over 250$ of reward cheques.
Is there a limit on how many cheques you can use on a single purchase?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014