• filter:
  • 1 2 34518
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
cowsinthongs said: Has anyone ever had trouble with any of the mail in rebates for software from OD?Nothing a phone call or re-submission would not take care of.

Most of the rebates that are in my OD FAR posts are not OD rebates per se. Most are manufacturer rebates processed by Parago/rebateshq.

Here is a rebate type list I generated from an early OD FAR posting:

There are four types of rebates above: Manufacturer-funded/Parago, Manufacturer-funded/other, Manufacturer-funded/OD's-processor and OD-funded/OD's-processor. All four types have been solid this past year or so.

• Manufacturer/Parago: rebate # nn-nnnnn or nnnn-nnnnn -- examples include CA, Checkit, DriveScrubber, McAfee, Norton, Print Shop, Trend Micro etc.

• Manufacturer/other: on-box rebates for Nova Development and Avanquest; BitDefender rebates

• Manufacturer/OD's processor: rebate # nnn-n -- examples include 123 Copy DVD Gold, main rebates for Art Explosion and Double Anti-Spy, etc.

• OD/OD's processor: rebate # ODnnnnnnn -- roxio

rated:
For Office Depot, it looks like purchases with 100% back (like 6/20-6/26) also count toward the recyling purchase requirement. Correct?

rated:
c3 said: For Office Depot, it looks like purchases with 100% back (like 6/20-6/26) also count toward the recyling purchase requirement. Correct?Yes, that is correct as long as not paid for with Office Depot Merchandise and Reward Cards.

rated:
bpvh said: cowsinthongs said: Has anyone ever had trouble with any of the mail in rebates for software from OD?Nothing a phone call or re-submission would not take care of.

Most of the rebates that are in my OD FAR posts are not OD rebates per se. Most are manufacturer rebates processed by Parago/rebateshq.

There are four types of rebates above: Manufacturer-funded/Parago, Manufacturer-funded/other, Manufacturer-funded/OD's-processor and OD-funded/OD's-processor. All four types have been solid this past year or so.

• Manufacturer/Parago: rebate # nn-nnnnn or nnnn-nnnnn -- examples include CA, Checkit, DriveScrubber, McAfee, Norton, Print Shop, Trend Micro etc.

• Manufacturer/other: on-box rebates for Nova Development and Avanquest; BitDefender rebates

• Manufacturer/OD's processor: rebate # nnn-n -- examples include 123 Copy DVD Gold, main rebates for Art Explosion and Double Anti-Spy, etc.

Thanks for the info but I don't see a link to the list you mentioned, do you think you can link me to it? Thanks for the heads up to 100% rewards thing too!

rated:
cowsinthongs said: bpvh said: cowsinthongs said: Has anyone ever had trouble with any of the mail in rebates for software from OD?Nothing a phone call or re-submission would not take care of.

Thanks for the info but I don't see a link to the list you mentioned, do you think you can link me to it? Thanks for the heads up to 100% rewards thing too!
There is one active OD rebate thread and one soon to be active thread:

Office Depot FAR software beginning 06/27/2010 and continuing 07/04/2010

Office Depot FAR software beginning 07/11/2010

A FAR deal thread usually lasts for two weeks and then is replaced with another.

rated:
Thanks!

rated:
Can anyone tell me what your experiences have been with recycling refilled cartridges? What stores have you gone to and how closely do they look? Is it a store clerk or a manager that has to look them over. I ask because I have some refilled ink cartridges but I can't even tell that they were opened to be refilled. Also, if anyone has had any stories about being hassled in other ways, I'd appreciate it

rated:
YMMV

if they won't take then try the other office stores that will take any carts like OD or Staples

rated:
Depends on who you get rather than the store I think. I have never had anybody actually look inside, usually they just take and ask me how many I have, then they just toss the bag to the side.

rated:
I tried to post about megatoners being back online but it didn't seem to post my thread, well I hope I am not in the wrong place

rated:
I just received my Office Depot Worklife Rewards card for the qtr 4/1-6/30 today. Hope this might help!

rated:
VivYip said: I just received my Office Depot Worklife Rewards card for the qtr 4/1-6/30 today. Hope this might help!
Arrived in Minneapolis/St. Paul today 08/27.

rated:
I just turned in my first 10 cartridges to Staples... wish I started doing this sooner.

rated:
according to a post in hot deals, Office Depot will be following Staples regarding the ink cartridges ($3-->$2) starting in October.

rated:
Rats....

rated:
OfficeMax will follow soon.

rated:
Turned some in today.... "NO" changes listed.

rated:
anyplace said: Turned some in today.... "NO" changes listed.

where?

rated:
c3 said: anyplace said: Turned some in today.... "NO" changes listed.
where?

Does not matter. The register printouts do not necessarily get updated all at the same time.

rated:
Going forward, which 1 of these 3 is recommended to go with for someone starting anew to recycle these?

rated:
Staples. No purchase requirement. Take any cartridge. Easiest to turn back into cash. In time, do them all.

Edit: Not quite as good though if you're not a Premier rewards member.

rated:
zubba said: Going forward, which 1 of these 3 is recommended to go with for someone starting anew to recycle these?

Huh?
Can you rephrase the in American English.

rated:
yesidonoitall said: Huh?
Can you rephrase the in American English.

Huh? Can you rephrase that question in American English?

rated:
just in case a person wants to use gift cards.

Staples: if you use a GC to pay for your purchase, it won't affect your rewards(aka no problem ^_^)
Office Depot: if you use the rewards card or a merchandise card to pay for your purchase, it won't count towards qualified purchases.
officemax: no idea

previously i had it as Office Depot does not count purchases paid by GC as qualified, but I guess my previous experience was based on a merchandise card and not an OD GC....my bad

rated:
I was looking at my Staples Rewards account online and noticed the prices for each purchase was listed. So I added them up and realized that if I purchased the Peachtree offer for that month I would be in the Premier status because the Peachtree software would put me 6 or 8 dollars past the $1000 requirement, this was in August of this year. So I waited but no notice from Staples of Premier status so I went back to my rewards account to do the adding up my account again figuring I might have miss added something but now I cant find the prices of my purchases (that I saw before) anywhere on the Staples rewards website. Could Staples have removed the prices of purchases or am I just overlooking them somehow.
Edit to add that I made another $10 purchase around the first of this month (September 2010) but still no mention from Staples of a premier status. How long after premier status does Staples notify a customer or do they at all?

rated:
Imjusthappytobehere said: I was looking at my Staples Rewards account online and noticed the prices for each purchase was listed. So I added them up and realized that if I purchased the Peachtree offer for that month I would be in the Premier status because the Peachtree software would put me 6 or 8 dollars past the $1000 requirement, this was in August of this year. So I waited but no notice from Staples of Premier status so I went back to my rewards account to do the adding up my account again figuring I might have miss added something but now I cant find the prices of my purchases (that I saw before) anywhere on the Staples rewards website. Could Staples have removed the prices of purchases or am I just overlooking them somehow.
Edit to add that I made another $10 purchase around the first of this month (September 2010) but still no mention from Staples of a premier status. How long after premier status does Staples notify a customer or do they at all?

I'm curious about this as well (not there yet, around $350 short at the moment.) I also have another question about the rewards, as they showed up today. All my purchases show up on the "View your purchases" section of the website, and the rewards statement is correct. $165.05 on paper, $16.51 in rewards for August. But... when I look at the "Rewards detail" for August, it shows $86.86 spent on paper, $25 coupon used, and $6.19 rewards for the period. So while the final amount I received was correct, the website display is way off. Anyone else experiencing this?

(Note: also got my first $20 ink rewards statement... thanks everyone!)

rated:
Imjusthappytobehere said: I was looking at my Staples Rewards account online and noticed the prices for each purchase was listed. So I added them up and realized that if I purchased the Peachtree offer for that month I would be in the Premier status because the Peachtree software would put me 6 or 8 dollars past the $1000 requirement, this was in August of this year. So I waited but no notice from Staples of Premier status so I went back to my rewards account to do the adding up my account again figuring I might have miss added something but now I cant find the prices of my purchases (that I saw before) anywhere on the Staples rewards website. Could Staples have removed the prices of purchases or am I just overlooking them somehow.

What matters for the $1000 spending requirement for Premier membership is that the qualified purchase amount is at least $1000. This is not simply the price of the items purchased unless you only purchased qualified items and used no coupons or rewards to pay for those qualified items.

While the terms and conditions in the Upgrade section states:

"A Member is automatically upgraded to Premier status when the Member's account reflects $1,000 of spending on all products and services at each or any combination of Staples US stores, by phone at 1-800-333-3330 and/or online at www.staples.com other than taxes, postage stamps, delivery charges, pre-paid phone cards, Staples gift cards and third party gift cards. "

it really means when the qualified purchase amount is at least $1000:

"Qualifying Purchase Amount is the amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons and Rewards redemption. Amounts spent on taxes, postage stamps, delivery charges, pre-paid phone cards, Staples gift cards and third party gift cards do not count towards earning Rewards."

To determine what your qualified purchase amount is either call Rewards customer service or add up all of the "Net Purchase" amounts under "View Your Purchases". To do this I copy and paste the selected info into a spreadsheet. This resulting amount might have to be adjusted for the non-qualified items but since I generally do not purchase those items I do not know.

Staples is not very consistent in when it performs an in year promotion. If you believe you have reached the Premier membership purchase requirement, contact Rewards customer service and ask to be upgraded.

rated:
metsfan said: I also have another question about the rewards, as they showed up today. All my purchases show up on the "View your purchases" section of the website, and the rewards statement is correct. $165.05 on paper, $16.51 in rewards for August. But... when I look at the "Rewards detail" for August, it shows $86.86 spent on paper, $25 coupon used, and $6.19 rewards for the period. So while the final amount I received was correct, the website display is way off. Anyone else experiencing this?

(Note: also got my first $20 ink rewards statement... thanks everyone!)

The Staples rewards site, especially the "Rewards Detail" page, is borked. Has been from day one.

It's probably best to independently track your recycling and purchase rewards and the bonus rewards that go with them.

rated:
Thank you, great information, BPVH.

rated:
bpvh said: Imjusthappytobehere said: I was looking at my Staples Rewards account online and noticed the prices for each purchase was listed. So I added them up and realized that if I purchased the Peachtree offer for that month I would be in the Premier status because the Peachtree software would put me 6 or 8 dollars past the $1000 requirement, this was in August of this year. So I waited but no notice from Staples of Premier status so I went back to my rewards account to do the adding up my account again figuring I might have miss added something but now I cant find the prices of my purchases (that I saw before) anywhere on the Staples rewards website. Could Staples have removed the prices of purchases or am I just overlooking them somehow.

What matters for the $1000 spending requirement for Premier membership is that the qualified purchase amount is at least $1000. This is not simply the price of the items purchased unless you only purchased qualified items and used no coupons or rewards to pay for those qualified items.

While the terms and conditions in the Upgrade section states:

"A Member is automatically upgraded to Premier status when the Member's account reflects $1,000 of spending on all products and services at each or any combination of Staples US stores, by phone at 1-800-333-3330 and/or online at www.staples.com other than taxes, postage stamps, delivery charges, pre-paid phone cards, Staples gift cards and third party gift cards. "

it really means when the qualified purchase amount is at least $1000:

"Qualifying Purchase Amount is the amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons and Rewards redemption. Amounts spent on taxes, postage stamps, delivery charges, pre-paid phone cards, Staples gift cards and third party gift cards do not count towards earning Rewards."

To determine what your qualified purchase amount is either call Rewards customer service or add up all of the "Net Purchase" amounts under "View Your Purchases". To do this I copy and paste the selected info into a spreadsheet. This resulting amount might have to be adjusted for the non-qualified items but since I generally do not purchase those items I do not know.

Staples is not very consistent in when it performs an in year promotion. If you believe you have reached the Premier membership purchase requirement, contact Rewards customer service and ask to be upgraded.

Thanks the pre-paid phone card was where I messed up. I purchased a Tracfone card and counted it but I never dreamed it wouldn't count. But anyways Staples is still up to something because I went back and purchased more than enough paper and stuff to get the purchases past the $1000 requirement ($1006.00 total now with more purchases yet to show on Staples site) and most of the purchases showed up but now low and behold 2 of my $165 Peachtree software purchases have disappeared from August ((My Rewards, View your purchases section)) but the 2 $165 purchases still show up in the ((Purchase History section))just with no purchase prices in that section but most of us know that purchase price was $165. I've saved screen shots of the discrepancies and will be giving them a call tomorrow. Thanks and God bless for all the helpful info.

Edit to say I just noticed that metsfan is having some similar problems with the month of August on Staples Website also. Thanks for mentioning that too metsfan. Thanks again to bpvh for all the helpful info

rated:
The Staples Rewards site is *NOT* accurate. Many of my transactions do not show up there at all, but my reward checks are correct.

rated:
I might have another addition/suggestion to add to the FAQ

For items that were backordered during the promotional period and later shipped, will the rewards still show up even though it was purchased during promo period?

officemax: personally, yes, but there have been reports that it might be a YMMV and that a person might have to call if it doesn't show up automatically
Office Depot: to be determined. (i had one item that shipped outside the period, but I didn't want to take the chance- so i returned it as soon as it arrived; if anyone has experience on this kind of situation, it'd be appreciated)
Staples: n/a (i only remember seeing these offers for instore only, so I don't think it's an issue...if it's otehrwise, please share experience, thank you)

rated:
I asked the following Q: when does the current $10 recycled rewards for every toner recycled + buy two toners on the same day ends

I got the following reply:

From October 3 through October 23, Rewards customers earn $10 in Ink Recycling Rewards for each recycled toner cartridge when two qualifying HP toner cartridges are purchased on the same day.

Please note, this offer is valid for toner purchases and recycled toner cartridges only. For this promotion, any brand of toner cartridge can be recycled; however, two HP toner cartridges must be purchased on the same date to qualify for bonus Ink Recycling Rewards. Also, the monthly limit of 20 recycled cartridges still apply.

If a recycled toner cartridge has been properly applied to your receipt during this promotion, you will see recycling SKU “900529” as the item description on your receipt.

rated:
Anyone else notice you can't print eStatements at staplesrewards.com now? Wanted to print one at the store but the page for them is replaced with the opt-in checkbox page. Same at home.

rated:
user0001 said: Anyone else notice you can't print eStatements at staplesrewards.com now? Wanted to print one at the store but the page for them is replaced with the opt-in checkbox page. Same at home.
No printing problem here.

rated:
From the Worklife Rewards Page:

"Office Depot® Ink and Toner Recycling Program
Join Worklife Rewards® and bring in your empty cartridges for recycling to your nearest Office Depot store. Effective October 1, 2010, as a member, you’ll get $2 back in Recycling Rewards* for each cartridge recycled, up to 20 cartridges per month. You can recycle additional cartridges, but Recycling Rewards will only be issued for up to 20 per month. We reserve the right to decline acceptance of visibly damaged cartridges for recycling. Recycling Rewards will not exceed the amount of your total qualifying annual Office Depot purchases. Qualifying purchases exclude taxes; delivery fees; postage stamps; prepaid gift, debit, phone or service cards; and purchases made with Office Depot Reward Cards and Merchandise Cards. Recycling Rewards will be issued as part of your Worklife Rewards® mailer. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your Recycling Rewards to be posted to your account."

Just noticed this today...

rated:
seanws said: From the Worklife Rewards Page:

"Office Depot® Ink and Toner Recycling Program
Join Worklife Rewards® and bring in your empty cartridges for recycling to your nearest Office Depot store. Effective October 1, 2010, as a member, you’ll get $2 back in Recycling Rewards* for each cartridge recycled, up to 20 cartridges per month. You can recycle additional cartridges, but Recycling Rewards will only be issued for up to 20 per month. We reserve the right to decline acceptance of visibly damaged cartridges for recycling. Recycling Rewards will not exceed the amount of your total qualifying annual Office Depot purchases. Qualifying purchases exclude taxes; delivery fees; postage stamps; prepaid gift, debit, phone or service cards; and purchases made with Office Depot Reward Cards and Merchandise Cards. Recycling Rewards will be issued as part of your Worklife Rewards® mailer. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your Recycling Rewards to be posted to your account."

Just noticed this today...

Yep ... updated for that on 09/22 or so.

rated:
has anyone received their 3rd quarter worklife rewards card yet? hoping to get it in time for Black Friday.

thnx.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said: has anyone received their 3rd quarter worklife rewards card yet? hoping to get it in time for Black Friday.

thnx.

Not yet AFAIK. Have they ever arrived before the 20th?

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said: has anyone received their 3rd quarter worklife rewards card yet? hoping to get it in time for Black Friday.

Way too early for OD.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014