• filter:
  • 1 234517
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
So, the below is what I have worked up so far. This is a work in progress and now I am looking for corrections/input/suggestions.

For example, what other information is wanted or what information included below is not wanted.

UPDATE for 11/05/2013 on the now completed merger and its impact on the rewards programs:
Q: I am a member of your retail loyalty program (Office Depot Rewards and/or OfficeMax MaxPerks). What happens to my rewards?

A: While we work to bring the assets of Office Depot and OfficeMax together, we will continue to provide the benefits and value you've come to enjoy from our existing loyalty programs, Office Depot Rewards and MaxPerks. Until further notice, you will continue to earn and redeem rewards from your existing program(s), as you always have. We expect to announce a combined loyalty program sometime in 2014.

--- http://www.officedepotmaxmerger.com/faq.shtml 
--- http://news.officedepot.com/press-release/corporatefinancial-new...

ink/toner cartridge recycling primer/faq for Office Depot, OfficeMax and Staples (vers. 2013.07.01)

• Office Depot:

• recycle:

• value: up to 200 rewards points per cartridge recycled -- see purchase requirement below.
      • limit: 10 per calendar month - no per day restriction
      • type: ink or toner cartridge - all brands - may reject visibly damaged cartridges

• purchase requirement:

• to qualify to recycle for a month, a qualified purchase of $10 or more must be made in that month
      • Qualifying purchases exclude taxes; delivery fees; postage stamps; and prepaid gift, debit, phone or services cards; and purchases made with Office Depot Rewards and Merchandise Cards/Certificates.

• recycling rewards:

• issued:

• recycling rewards points are paid out monthly together with purchase (standard and bonus) rewards points in the form of a Rewards Certificate.
        • rewards points are paid out in 1000 point increments
        • 1000 points equals $10
        • Rewards Certificates are made available within 30 days after the end of the month in which the rewards points are earned. To date this has meant sometime in the latter half of the month.
        • unpaid out points carryover from month to month until the end of the quarter when they expire

• usage: Rewards Certificates may be redeemed on purchases at Office Depot US stores (including Puerto Rico), online or by phone (excluding all gift and prepaid cards)
      • expiration:

• official: 60 days after the date of issuance
        • effective: the last day of the month 2 months following the month in which they are issued (???)

• member services:

• OfficeMax:

• recycle: (for trial markets see LINK   ) (for all stores in California and select stores in Denver and Kansas City see LINK   )

• value: up to $2 in rewards per cartridge recycled -- see purchase requirement below
      • limit: 10 per calendar month - no per day restriction
      • type:

• t&c: any visibly undamaged, originally manufactured, ink/toner cartridges. Remanufactured ink/toner cartridges are not eligible for rewards under the recycling program.
        • Some OM stores may accept remanufacturer cartridges

• purchase requirement:

• total recycling reward dollars issued for recycling may not exceed your total MaxPerks program qualified purchase balance.
      • Qualifying purchases are any products or services in our stores, catalogs or web site except for computers, tablets, eReaders, US Postal Stamps, gift cards, general use prepaid cards, phone cards, all products sold by RadioShack Mobile including mobile phones, mobile phone accessories and service plans, purchases with Retail Connect pricing, sales tax and purchases made prior to the date of enrollment, and purchases made with your MaxPerks rewards.
      • recycling and purchases carry over from month to month - expire at calendar year end

• recycling rewards:

• issued: monthly with purchase rewards about 15-30 days after month's end on a Rewards Card (unlimited use until funds exhausted or card expired), printable from the rewards site
      • usage: Reward Cards are not redeemable for gift cards, general use pre-paid cards, phone cards and are not redeemable for cash unless otherwise required by law.

• in-store: t&c state up to three Rewards Cards may be used on a purchase but I used four without the cash register complaining this past June.
        • online: limited to one Reward Card or gift card per purchase.
        • phone: t&c state up to three Rewards Cards may be used on a purchase.

• expiration:

• official: 90 days after the date of issuance
        • effective: the last day of the month 3 months following the month in which they are issued

• member services:

• Staples:

• recycle:

• value: $2 in rewards per cartridge recycled -- see purchase requirement below
      • limit: Membership Level:

• Standard: 10 per calendar month - no per day restriction
        • Plus ($500 in qualified purchases): 20 per calendar month - no per day restriction
        • Premier ($1000 in qualified purchases): 20 per calendar month - no per day restriction

• type: any used ink or toner cartridge sold at any retail stores in the US

• purchase requirement

• $30 in ink/toner purchases in the past 180 days

• recycling rewards:

• issued: monthly, on a separate rewards certificate from purchase rewards, usually in the middle of the month after the month in which the recycling occurred. The rewards certificate is printable from the rewards site (ink rewards certificates can also be emailed and purchase rewards are also US Mailed).
      • usage: recycling rewards (and purchase rewards) are redeemable for most merchandise in Staples stores, online at staples.com    or by phone at 1-800-333-3330 but cannot be redeemed for or applied against taxes, cash, credit remittance, delivery charges, custom printing orders placed online, promotional products, Staples gift cards, third party gift cards, prepaid phone cards, postage stamps, prior purchases, Staples Industrial purchases or any purchases made on other provider Web sites.

• online: single transaction - must use full amount of reward check
        • in-store: two transactions -- a balance coupon is issued in-store if rewards check is not used all at once. Balance coupon has same expiration date as rewards check and must be used all at once in-store or online

• expiration:

• standard: the last day of the month 2 months following the month in which they are issued
        • plus: the last day of the month 2 months following the month in which they are issued
        • premier: the last day of the month 5 months following the month in which they are issued

• member services

FAQ section (vers. 2013.07.01):

Q. Do you have to recycle or make a qualified purchase first? (Office Depot and OfficeMax)

A. It does not matter.

Q. Do you have to recycle and make a qualified purchase monthly for Office Depot's Rewards program?

A. Three key points:

--- Qualified purchases of $10 or more in a month are required to allow recycling rewards points to be earned for that month.
--- Rewards points are paid out in 1000 point increments.
--- Unpaid out points carry over from month to month until the end of the quarter when they expire.

Here is an example:

January: Make qualified purchases of $10 or more and recycle 7 carts earning 1400 rewards points. Payout of $10 for January (made in February). The remaining 400 rewards points are carried over to February.

February: Do not make a qualified purchase of $10 or more so not qualified to earn recycling rewards points. 400 rewards points carried over to March.

March: Make qualified purchases of $10 or more and recycle 9 carts earning 1800 rewards points. Payout of $20 (2000 points: 400 carried over plus 1600 earned in March) (made in April). The remaining 200 rewards points expire at the end of quarter.

Q. Do you have to recycle and make a qualified purchase monthly for OfficeMax's Business Rewards program?

A. Recycling rewards are only paid out (in $2 increments) to extent of qualified purchases. Here is an example based on OfficeMax's program:

January: recycle 10 carts, make $0.00 in qualified purchases. No payout for January (made in February). Recycling of 10 carts carried over to February.

February: recycle 10 carts, make $32 in qualified purchases. Payout of $32 for February (made in March). Recycling of 4 carts carried over to March.

March: recycle 0 carts, make $42 in qualified purchases. Payout of $8 for March (made in April). Qualified purchases of $34 carried over to April.

April: recycle 10 carts, make $0.00 in qualified purchases. Payout of $20 for April (made in May). Qualified purchases of $14 carried over to May.

May - November: no transactions. Qualified purchases of $14 carried over to December.

December: recycle 10 carts, make $4 in qualified purchases. Payout of $18 for December (made in January). Recycling of 1 cart lost at calendar year end.

Q. Where can I get used ink/toner cartridges?

A. Family and friends, neighbors, thift shops, garage/rummage sales, and of course like everything else, eBay.

Q. If I purchase an item with rewards will that purchase count my purchase requirement for recycling? (OD and OM only)

A. No, to the extent the purchase was paid for with rewards it will not count as a qualifying purchase for the purpose of the recycling purchase requirement.

Q. If I purchase an item with rewards will I earn the standard purchase rewards (e.g. Staples 10% back on ink or paper purchases)?

A. No, items purchased with rewards do not qualify as qualifying purchases for the purpose of earning standard purchase rewards.

Q. If I purchase an item that earns a bonus/special reward (100% back in rewards if item X is purchased, $Y back if item Z is purchased) and I purchase that item with rewards, will I receive the bonus/special reward?

A. It depends.

Office Depot: No, to the extend paid for with rewards (or coupons for that matter).

OfficeMax: So far yes with one exception. Paying for 100% back in rewards and fixed value (buy X, get $Y in rewards) bonus rewards offers with rewards have earned bonus rewards so at least for those two types of bonus rewards offers, MaxPerks rewards have "rolled".

The one bonus rewards offer that did not roll was its June 2010 "Get 20% Back in MaxPerks Rewards" offer and the offer's terms noted the exception:

"*20% MaxPerks Bonus Rewards offer valid in-store from June 20, 2010 thru June 26, 2010. Saving pass, phone promo code or online promo code and member's MaxPerks ID card must be presented at time of purchase. No Bonus Reward adjustments will be made after purchase. Not valid on computers, gift cards, general use prepaid cards, phone cards, purchases with a Retail ConnectSM card, sales tax, OfficeMax private label ink, toner and ink refills, Sprint® monthly price plans and purchases made prior to enrollment and purchases with a MaxPerks Reward Card."

Staples: No, to the extend paid for with rewards (or coupons for that matter).

Heads Up: New Changes to Office Depot's InkToner Cartridge Redemption Program - Important New 4/1/2010 Update!   

OfficeMax Ink Recycling Policy Change Starts 1/1/10   

Staples Recycled Ink program changing effective 2/1/2009   

Ads by Google
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
You "replied" instead of "quoting" so no one knows what post you are talking about...

wfay (Jul. 28, 2014 @ 3:17p) |

VivYip (Jul. 31, 2014 @ 10:24a) |

Email received from OfficeMax MaxPerks:
Dear ( ),

As a MaxPerks® member, we are writing to let you know about upcoming pro... (more)

bpvh (Aug. 04, 2014 @ 5:16a) |

OfficeMax: YMMV YMMV

(ADDED)limit: 20 per month - no per day restriction - YMMV Some individual stores limit

(ADDED)type: ink or toner cartridges, visibly undamaged, from HP, Dell, Lexmark
, Brother, Epson, Samsung, Kodak, Sharp, or Canon
YMMV - Some individual stores will only take cartridges that have print heads.

Some Office Max stores are known to ask for ID when MaxPerk Rewards are used to verify that the reward was issued to you.

Staples rewards when used on a purchase are taken pre-tax, OfficeMax and Office Depot rewards are taken after-tax. [QUESTION: IS THIS STATE DEPENDENT?]

rated:
looks good...you may want to include something for the newbies that always ask "where can I get the ink carts"

rated:
I recently bought a new HP Wireless 8500 multifuction. it uses HP "ink tanks" they called them (# 940). Office Max will recycle them, but won't give any credit. I was bummed!

rated:
gohdes said: I recently bought a new HP Wireless 8500 multifuction. it uses HP "ink tanks" they called them (# 940). Office Max will recycle them, but won't give any credit. I was bummed!I only recycle carts with printheads. Do all OM's recycle just carts with printheads? Or are we getting into exception territory.

How about OD and Staples?

rated:
greatdeals_007 said: looks good...you may want to include something for the newbies that always ask "where can I get the ink carts"

Thrift shops, rummage sales. Of buy on eBay for $1 each & you'd have profit of $2 each or $20 a month?

rated:
Great summary, BPVH. Thanks.

rated:
handyguy said: greatdeals_007 said: looks good...you may want to include something for the newbies that always ask "where can I get the ink carts"

Thrift shops, rummage sales. Of buy on eBay for $1 each & you'd have profit of $2 each or $20 a month?

Don't pay more than 0.50 cents each on eBay - buy used, non-virgin cartridges, lowest cost for Staples program.

rated:
bpvh said: gohdes said: I recently bought a new HP Wireless 8500 multifuction. it uses HP "ink tanks" they called them (# 940). Office Max will recycle them, but won't give any credit. I was bummed!I only recycle carts with printheads. Do all OM's recycle just carts with printheads? Or are we getting into exception territory.

Don't know about all stores but at mine, Staples/OD take anything and OM wants printheads.

rated:
JamesTKirk said: bpvh said: gohdes said: I recently bought a new HP Wireless 8500 multifuction. it uses HP "ink tanks" they called them (# 940). Office Max will recycle them, but won't give any credit. I was bummed!I only recycle carts with printheads. Do all OM's recycle just carts with printheads? Or are we getting into exception territory.

Don't know about all stores but at mine, Staples/OD take anything and OM wants printheads.
Thanks. Anyone else?

rated:
SO.... is it not a good idea to use a coupon or prior ink-rewards or other reward checks on the "special event" promotions (i.e. $40 paper credit, or the Free Duracell), right? If you're due 19.99 for 2 Duracells in the 100% back promo, but use an Ink check, they don't give you the $19.99 back bc u used the ink check. RIght? It just happened to me!

rated:
balraven said: SO.... is it not a good idea to use a coupon or prior ink-rewards or other reward checks on the "special event" promotions (i.e. $40 paper credit, or the Free Duracell), right? If you're due 19.99 for 2 Duracells in the 100% back promo, but use an Ink check, they don't give you the $19.99 back bc u used the ink check. RIght? It just happened to me!Staples has changed its policy regarding paying with coupons and rewards check and the awarding of bonus rewards.

In the past, while coupons and rewards check payments reduced standard rewards (10% back on paper, ink, etc) they did not reduce the bonus rewards (FARewards batteries, $25 in rewards on this box of paper, etc).

Now, Staples is strictly enforcing the "Qualifying Purchase Amount is the amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons and Rewards redemption." Interestingly enough, the ad fine print still states "purchase price" not "qualifying purchase amount".

See STAPLES AD April 25 thru May1st FREE BATTERIES ARE BACK!

Thanks for the FAQ question: Do the rewards roll?

So, we now know that they do not roll at Staples anymore, they still do at OM, and any one know about OD?

rated:
Thanks OP !

rated:
bobbybore said: handyguy said: greatdeals_007 said: looks good...you may want to include something for the newbies that always ask "where can I get the ink carts"

Don't pay more than 0.50 cents each on eBay - buy used, non-virgin cartridges, lowest cost for Staples program.

Are the ones you buy on eBay remanufactured/recycled/etc. cartridges. And are they brand-name cartridges?

Also, I saw ink cartridges on Meritline.com for about $1/cartridge. I assume those cartridges have no brand names. Does Staples take those cartridges?

TIA

rated:
confused200 said: bobbybore said: handyguy said: greatdeals_007 said: looks good...you may want to include something for the newbies that always ask "where can I get the ink carts"

Are the ones you buy on eBay remanufactured/recycled/etc. cartridges. And are they brand-name cartridges?

Also, I saw ink cartridges on Meritline.com for about $1/cartridge. I assume those cartridges have no brand names. Does Staples take those cartridges?

TIA

YMMV but I have brought non oem ink cartridges purchased from Meritline to Staples and have got creit for them. Just in case I pulled the little sticker on them that say "not OEM" off.

rated:
It would be better if you put your info in the editable section.

NB. What the stores actually do is sometimes different from their policies. It would be valuable if this llist reflected the difference.

rated:
BradMajors said: It would be better if you put your info in the editable section.

NB. What the stores actually do is sometimes different from their policies. It would be valuable if this llist reflected the difference.
Thanks for the suggestion. The outline format being used at the moment does not lend itself to simple adds. For comments made in the thread or the quick summary about some stores varying from company policy I am more than willing to add that information to the outline.

rated:
This is totally annoying.

I was expecting $35 back in rewards and instead got $10 because I used a rewards check during the purchase of 5 reams of paper and the "free" batteries. They should have said somewhere that using a prior rewards check to purchase the specials would VOID the specials. They didn't say that anywhere.

I've just had a "live chat" with a Staples rewards customer service person and she told me I should have been aware of this restriction. She thanked me for my "feedback" when I told her I was going to return the paper and batteries and get my money back.

bpvh said: balraven said: SO.... is it not a good idea to use a coupon or prior ink-rewards or other reward checks on the "special event" promotions (i.e. $40 paper credit, or the Free Duracell), right? If you're due 19.99 for 2 Duracells in the 100% back promo, but use an Ink check, they don't give you the $19.99 back bc u used the ink check. RIght? It just happened to me!Staples has changed its policy regarding paying with coupons and rewards check and the awarding of bonus rewards.

In the past, while coupons and rewards check payments reduced standard rewards (10% back on paper, ink, etc) they did not reduce the bonus rewards (FARewards batteries, $25 in rewards on this box of paper, etc).

Now, Staples is strictly enforcing the "Qualifying Purchase Amount is the amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons and Rewards redemption." Interestingly enough, the ad fine print still states "purchase price" not "qualifying purchase amount".

See STAPLES AD April 25 thru May1st FREE BATTERIES ARE BACK!/Q]

rated:
NantucketSunrise said: This is totally annoying.

I was expecting $35 back in rewards and instead got $10 because I used a rewards check during the purchase of 5 reams of paper and the "free" batteries. They should have said somewhere that using a prior rewards check to purchase the specials would VOID the specials. They didn't say that anywhere.

I've just had a "live chat" with a Staples rewards customer service person and she told me I should have been aware of this restriction. She thanked me for my "feedback" when I told her I was going to return the paper and batteries and get my money back.

bpvh said: balraven said: SO.... is it not a good idea to use a coupon or prior ink-rewards or other reward checks on the "special event" promotions (i.e. $40 paper credit, or the Free Duracell), right? If you're due 19.99 for 2 Duracells in the 100% back promo, but use an Ink check, they don't give you the $19.99 back bc u used the ink check. RIght? It just happened to me!Staples has changed its policy regarding paying with coupons and rewards check and the awarding of bonus rewards.

The csrs make it sound as if this change was announced when it most clearly was not. See the ad terms in the thread linked above. There is absolutely no change in terms and no way that the customer could have known a change had occurred.

Some posters are getting one-time make-up reward checks for the difference between what they received under the new policy and what they would have received under the old policy.

rated:
bpvh said: NantucketSunrise said:

Some posters are getting one-time make-up reward checks for the difference between what they received under the new policy and what they would have received under the old policy.

Really? How?Where?When?

rated:
Really? How? Where are they giving you the difference ?

rated:
balraven said: bpvh said: NantucketSunrise said:

Really? How?Where?When?
In a thread over on SD a couple of people have posted success at getting what they would have received for paying for their purchases with rewards checks under the old policy.

rated:
Balraven,

You have quoted incorrectly. It was not I who wrote that. It was BPVH who wrote that.

I know the FW quoting system is complicated - all those Q's!

balraven said: bpvh said: NantucketSunrise said:

Really? How?Where?When?

rated:
Here are the adds to the FAQ:

Q. If I purchase an item with rewards, will I earn the standard purchase rewards (e.g. Staples 10% back on ink or paper purchases)?

No. Items purchased with rewards do not qualify as qualifying purchases for the purpose of earning standard purchase rewards.

Q. If I purchase an item that earns a bonus/special reward (100% back in rewards if item x is purchased, $25 back if item y is purchased) and I purchase that item with rewards, will I receive the bonus/special reward?

It depends.

Office Depot: not sure

OfficeMax: to date, yes, items that earn bonus/special rewards purchased with rewards do earn those bonus/special rewards.

Staples:

-- No -- to the extent purchased with rewards (or coupons for that matter). This is a recent change as detailed in the Duracell and paper reward deals recently.

-- Example A: if the reward is 100% back on the purchase of batteries, and $15 of the $20 purchase price is paid with rewards, the bonus/special reward payout would be $5 ($20-$15).
-- Example B: if the rewards is purchase at least $40 in paper and receive $25 in bonus/special rewards, and the total paper purchase is $50 of which $20 is paid with rewards, no bonus/special reward would be earned because only $30 ($50-$20) of the paper purchase would be counted towards the $40 minimum.

rated:
Here are a couple more questions, some of which I can answer, some I cannot:

Q. Can I make a purchase using rewards checks issued to different people/different accounts? (Officemax- never had a problem. Staples I think is YMMV. In store, just hope they don't check. I have also done it successfully online, checking out as a guest. I have heard of others having their orders cancelled.)

Q. What happens to rewards dollars if I return an item purchased with rewards checks? (Answer for officemax is- in store returns get a non-expiring gift card. Shipping back an item purchased online has gotten me a check- yes, a real bank check. Answer for Staples- I'm not sure. I've read something about having to call and request a reissued rewards check- can anyone confirm?)

Q. What if original checks were issued to different people/accounts? Can I return the item and get rewards checks reissued? (Answer for officemax is yes- see above. Staples- I'm not sure. Anyone?)

rated:
jmorgans said: Here are a couple more questions, some of which I can answer, some I cannot:

Q. Can I make a purchase using rewards checks issued to different people/different accounts? (Officemax- never had a problem. Staples I think is YMMV. In store, just hope they don't check. I have also done it successfully online, checking out as a guest. I have heard of others having their orders cancelled.)
In-store it is up to the cashier as using rewards from multiple accounts is against the t&c of each program. For Staples and OM rewards this can be a problem as there are identifiers on the rewards. For OD the only identifier is the expiration date which a really on the ball cashier might question why two rewards cards with the same expiration date are being used.

jmorgans said: Q. What happens to rewards dollars if I return an item purchased with rewards checks? (Answer for officemax is- in store returns get a non-expiring gift card. Shipping back an item purchased online has gotten me a check- yes, a real bank check. Answer for Staples- I'm not sure. I've read something about having to call and request a reissued rewards check- can anyone confirm?)I have read that for Staples in-store return originally paid with rewards a coupon prints out at the bottom of the cash register receipt -- like the balance coupon when not completely using the rewards check on single purchase.

Another question is what if the return is after the expiration of the original reward.

jmorgans said: Q. What if original checks were issued to different people/accounts? Can I return the item and get rewards checks reissued? (Answer for officemax is yes- see above. Staples- I'm not sure. Anyone?)

rated:
confused200 said: bobbybore said: handyguy said: greatdeals_007 said: looks good...you may want to include something for the newbies that always ask "where can I get the ink carts"

TIA

The last ones I bought on eBay were HP cartridges for about $0.38 each. Some were refilled (have officemax label on them). Some still have ink in them and I am using them in my printer! Saves me a lot on ink also.

rated:
OP, THANKS... Great thread. I've never understood the policies until now.

rated:
Hi where can I check the status of my ink rewards on Office Depot's website?

rated:
chawlaaanya said: Hi where can I check the status of my ink rewards on Office Depot's website?OD's Worklife Rewards website

OD updates ink rewards once per month between the 6th and the 13th. After the update, the ink reward amount can be found in Reward Status under "My Special Offers" under "Additional Promotions" in "$3 back in Rewards for each ink or toner cartridge recycled. Valid in-store only. Limit of 20 cartridges per month as of April 1, 2010. See Terms and Conditions for details."

Until an update, the ink recycling transaction should be noted in "Reward Status" then:
- choose the correct time period (default should be current)
- click on Ink
- click on the purchase number (the really long number) on the date of the transaction

A page with the quantity recycled should be generated.

Description // Qty

RECYCLING PROGRAM SKU#: 224744 // 20

Transactions should show up in your account in a day or two. Mine generally show up the next day.

rated:
Just an update:

After my failed "live chat", I emailed them to complain about this and they replied with something along the lines of (this is paraphrased):

"This has ALWAYS been our policy, but up until now we have not enforced this part of our policy, in order to be nice to our rewards program members and give them extra rewards. Now, we are enforcing the policy. Therefore, we didn't have to announce any change to you, because there was no policy change that occurred."

I didn't read their policy when I signed up for their program, I just went along and took what they were giving, so it probably was in there all along - that is not my beef.

It's strange that they ignored their own policy for a long time and let people get used to the normal procedure, then suddenly decided to uphold the policy, which must have upset many rewards program members.

I still think that the wording in their ad for that week was misleading, and could not be read as sticking precisely to their newly-enforced policy.

I also think that the clerks in the store who helped me get together my items in that last week of April gave me the wrong impression about the rewards that I would get back from my basket of items. (This would not be the first time that the clerks in my local store, even the manager, were DEAD wrong about a Staples policy. Last year, I had to show a group of them, via leading them to the Staples.com site on their store computer, that the Staples policy on something was completely different than they were swearing up and down to me that it was.)

It's not very smart to let customers get used to a practice, then revoke it without warning and blame the customer for not knowing that it was never to be relied on in the first place.

bpvh said: NantucketSunrise said: This is totally annoying.

The csrs make it sound as if this change was announced when it most clearly was not. See the ad terms in the thread linked above. There is absolutely no change in terms and no way that the customer could have known a change had occurred.

rated:
I posted this 15 mins ago here but it's disappeared...

It seems that Staples ink carts will now get $2 instead of $3 starting in July -- see this thread: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1009457/

rated:
There is now a poll on whether to make this thread sticky:

Discussion: Should We Make the Ink/Toner FAQ a Sticky?

rated:
I never knew you can get store credit from these guys by recycling your old ink cartridges, I would have recycled our inkjet, laser, and plotter cartridges in my office where people constantly use them. How long has the $3 credit from Staples been going on? I see they are bringing it down to $2 next month. That's a bummer, as soon as I found out, they drop the credit amount...lol.

rated:
esquire415 said: I never knew you can get store credit from these guys by recycling your old ink cartridges, I would have recycled our inkjet, laser, and plotter cartridges in my office where people constantly use them. How long has the $3 credit from Staples been going on? I see they are bringing it down to $2 next month. That's a bummer, as soon as I found out, they drop the credit amount...lol.Office Depot, OfficeMax and Staples have had ink/toner cartridge recycling programs for several years.

rated:
Updated the FAQ section to reflect OM's June "Get 20% back in MaxRerks Rewards" offer that included "qualifying purchase" language. This is the first time that an OM bonus/special rewards offer included qualifying purchase language in the offer and the offer's terms and conditions and the change most likely means that Rewards will NOT roll for this offer as they have in the past.

rated:
Can anyone verify if computers purchased at OD count towards the rewards? I read somewhere that they don't.

Oh, and great work OP!

rated:
cowsinthongs said: Can anyone verify if computers purchased at OD count towards the rewards? I read somewhere that they don't.

Oh, and great work OP!
OD's Rewards program has two types of qualified purchases.

One is those that qualify for standard rewards (10% ink/toner/paper basically, and 1% the rest). The purchase of a computer is not a qualifying purchase for the standard rewards:

"1% on almost everything else (excludes merchandise returns; purchases from www.myworkliferewards.com, U.S. Military stores; purchases of computers; monitors; TV's; prepaid gift, merchandise, debit, phone or services cards; third party services, including, without limitation technology, installation, and wireless services)."

The other qualifying purchase term is the one that counts toward the annual purchase requirement for ink/toner recycling. In this case, the purchase of a computer is a qualifying purchase for the annual purchase requirement:

"(Qualifying purchases exclude taxes; shipping; postage stamps; and prepaid gift, debit, phone, or services cards; and purchases made with Office Depot® Merchandise and Reward Cards.)"

-- Quotes from the OD WLR's T&C

rated:
Ah, thanks!

rated:
Has anyone ever had trouble with any of the mail in rebates for software from OD?

Skipping 631 Messages...
rated:
Email received from OfficeMax MaxPerks:
Dear ( ),

As a MaxPerks® member, we are writing to let you know about upcoming program changes to your loyalty membership account. As you have probably heard by now, OfficeMax® and Office Depot® have merged. Beginning January 1, 2015, our combined loyalty program will be called Office Depot® | OfficeMax® Rewards. The new program will be similar to the current Office Depot Rewards® program.

What's Next?
We value your loyalty to OfficeMax® and are committed to keeping your MaxPerks® Rewards safe through this transition.

• In 2014, essentially nothing changes. You can continue to earn and redeem MaxPerks rewards as you have been through December 31, 2014.
  • MaxPerks Rewards earned as of December 2014, will be sent out in January 2015.
  • Starting January 1, 2015, you can redeem your unexpired MaxPerks reward certificates in both OfficeMax® and Office Depot® stores and online.
  • On January 1, 2015, Office Depot® | OfficeMax® Rewards will be your new loyalty program and you will begin to earn reward points on your qualifying purchases. Click here to learn more about the current Office Depot Rewards® program.

What's New?
Some of the changes and benefits you can look forward to in January 2015 include:

• Now, you'll get 10% back in reward points on ink, toner, paper and copy/print/ship services.
  • You'll only have to spend $100 on these to earn 1,000 points and get a $10 rewards certificate.
  • You'll still get rewards for recycling your ink and toner cartridges.
  • And, you'll be able to take advantage of additional members-only offers.

We are excited to introduce you to Office Depot® | OfficeMax® Rewards and can't wait for you to enjoy all the benefits this program has to offer. We remain committed to keeping you informed of important details about your program membership as we transition to one rewards program.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact a customer service representative at 866-MAXPERKS (866-629-7375).

Sincerely,
Your Loyalty Team

From the small amount of information it seems to be the Office Depot rewards program which could mean limit one per address instead of limit one per person.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014