• filter:
  • 12 3 4518
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
c3 said: MISTERCHEAP said: has anyone received their 3rd quarter worklife rewards card yet? hoping to get it in time for Black Friday.

Way too early for OD.

Isn't usually about 6 weeks after the end of the quarter?

rated:
I think it's usually toward the end of the second month.

Staples (got today) has moved ahead of OfficeMax.

rated:
c3 said: I think it's usually toward the end of the second month.

Staples (got today) has moved ahead of OfficeMax.

ok, thnx for your reply C3.

rated:
My October MaxPerks rewards are available from the rewards site.

rated:
bpvh said: MISTERCHEAP said: has anyone received their 3rd quarter worklife rewards card yet? hoping to get it in time for Black Friday.

thnx.

Not yet AFAIK. Have they ever arrived before the 20th?

Now they have.

Just received OD rewards for third quarter transactions in US Mail. Minneapolis/St Paul area.

rated:
bpvh said: bpvh said: MISTERCHEAP said: has anyone received their 3rd quarter worklife rewards card yet? hoping to get it in time for Black Friday.

thnx.

Not yet AFAIK. Have they ever arrived before the 20th?

Now they have.

Just received OD rewards for third quarter transactions in US Mail. Minneapolis/St Paul area.

thanks bpvh,

will keep my eyes open, nothing yet. hopefully tomorrow!

rated:
NantucketSunrise said: This is totally annoying.

I was expecting $35 back in rewards and instead got $10 because I used a rewards check during the purchase of 5 reams of paper and the "free" batteries. They should have said somewhere that using a prior rewards check to purchase the specials would VOID the specials. They didn't say that anywhere.

I've just had a "live chat" with a Staples rewards customer service person and she told me I should have been aware of this restriction. She thanked me for my "feedback" when I told her I was going to return the paper and batteries and get my money back.

bpvh said: balraven said: SO.... is it not a good idea to use a coupon or prior ink-rewards or other reward checks on the "special event" promotions (i.e. $40 paper credit, or the Free Duracell), right? If you're due 19.99 for 2 Duracells in the 100% back promo, but use an Ink check, they don't give you the $19.99 back bc u used the ink check. RIght? It just happened to me!Staples has changed its policy regarding paying with coupons and rewards check and the awarding of bonus rewards.

In the past, while coupons and rewards check payments reduced standard rewards (10% back on paper, ink, etc) they did not reduce the bonus rewards (FARewards batteries, $25 in rewards on this box of paper, etc).

Now, Staples is strictly enforcing the "Qualifying Purchase Amount is the amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons and Rewards redemption." Interestingly enough, the ad fine print still states "purchase price" not "qualifying purchase amount".

See STAPLES AD April 25 thru May1st FREE BATTERIES ARE BACK!/Q]

Can I use a gift card that I received as rebate offer (for backpacks earlier this year) to buy these batteries? Are gift cards considered in any (fine print kind of way) a Rewards redemption.

rated:
NKaufman said: Can I use a gift card that I received as rebate offer (for backpacks earlier this year) to buy these batteries? Are gift cards considered in any (fine print kind of way) a Rewards redemption.
Using a gift card to pay for a purchase is not considered a rewards redemption and such a purchase, to date, has earned rewards.

rated:
Some credit card and CashBack site CashBack programs payout not in cash but in "gift cards". The four that come to mind are American Express Rewards, Citi (Thankyou Network), Discover, and MyPoints. Does any know if the "gift cards" that are received from these programs are true gift cards that count toward the annual purchase requirements of the three office supply rewards programs.

Feel free to chime in on other CashBack programs that payout in "gift cards".

rated:
OfficeMax's MaxPerks rewards for November transactions are available -- at least for me.

rated:
Staples has updated the format of its rewards site. Not sure if the site is more accurate as I stopped updating my purchase file when I hit the $1000 level for retaining premier status. It claims to have year to date spending through the 15th.

One good change is that it seems to be tracking bonus rewards as my one 100% back in battery rewards purchase is noted.

rated:
bpvh said:   Staples has updated the format of its rewards site. Not sure if the site is more accurate as I stopped updating my purchase file when I hit the $1000 level for retaining premier status. It claims to have year to date spending through the 15th.

One good change is that it seems to be tracking bonus rewards as my one 100% back in battery rewards purchase is noted.

Yeah. I was concerned that I didn't get rewards for one of my battery purchases around Black Friday, but now I can see that the transaction was recorded for December, so I know I'll get them.

Really liking the new rewards website.

rated:
i too like the new rewards website...now, my question is for Staples rewards is how do they split up the rewards? I've seen it split into one for $10, and the rest leftover, but if a person has more than say, $30 in rewards, would it come out as 10/10/15 or would it come out as 10/25 ?

rated:
VivYip said:   i too like the new rewards website...now, my question is for Staples rewards is how do they split up the rewards? I've seen it split into one for $10, and the rest leftover, but if a person has more than say, $30 in rewards, would it come out as 10/10/15 or would it come out as 10/25 ?
Your guess is as good as mine.

My September rewards were split into $15 and $22.50. My November rewards were split into $5 and $10.50.

rated:
i forgot to ask this question unti I noticed that my Staples rewards do not have the avery binders showing up yet. (I need to check my receipt to see if they scanned my keychain or not...if they haven't, I might just be conservative and just return the purchase from last week)

For a 100% back purchase, would adding a receipt to the account still qualify for the promotion?

rated:
VivYip said:   i forgot to ask this question unti I noticed that my Staples rewards do not have the avery binders showing up yet. (I need to check my receipt to see if they scanned my keychain or not...if they haven't, I might just be conservative and just return the purchase from last week)

For a 100% back purchase, would adding a receipt to the account still qualify for the promotion?

I do not know if anyone has a feel for how quickly the new site notes transactions and rewards for the transactions or how accurate the new site is going forward.

Staples does not have a rule requiring entering the membership number at purchase as OfficeMax does. Keep in mind that the date of record for the transaction will not be the date of purchase:

"The Qualifying Purchase is credited to the Member's account on the date in which the missed transaction was reported, after verification of the sale." (see last sentence of Section #2 in the Terms and Conditions. The last two paragraphs of section #2 relate to adding a transaction ).

rated:
FYI : Officemax no longer accepts Brother, Epson, Samsung, Kodak, Sharp or Canon ink cartridges (says the guy that has 1000+ of canons)

rated:
crazypalooza said:   FYI : Officemax no longer accepts Brother, Epson, Samsung, Kodak, Sharp or Canon ink cartridges (says the guy that has 1000+ of canons)

If correct, and just to be sure, I am dumping all this week of those at OD and Staples.
Because they will follow.....

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   crazypalooza said:   FYI : Officemax no longer accepts Brother, Epson, Samsung, Kodak, Sharp or Canon ink cartridges (says the guy that has 1000+ of canons)
If correct, and just to be sure, I am dumping all this week of those at OD and Staples.
Because they will follow.....

It's correct according to the MaxPerk's programs terms -- the question has been how the individual stores have enforced the change in terms which occurred back in October.

rated:
OM Program wording:

"MaxPerks members can earn $3 in rewards for each qualifying† visibly undamaged HP, Dell or Lexmark ink or toner cartridges dropped off in an OfficeMax store location. Simply present your MaxPerks ID when submitting cartridges to ensure you receive credit and your rewards will be issued in the next statement cycle along with any other MaxPerks rewards you may have earned during the same period. You can earn up to $60 in rewards per calendar month per member (from 20 ink or toner cartridges). While there is no limit to the number or brand of ink/toner cartridges you may recycle, you will only receive rewards for the qualifying† items and limited quantity noted, and the total amount of your recycling rewards issued cannot exceed your total qualified* purchase amount in your MaxPerks account."

rated:
On the OD annual spending that the rewards from recycling cant exceed...did that start over jan 1?

rated:
edit: deleted double post

rated:
baker0890 said:   On the OD annual spending that the rewards from recycling cant exceed...did that start over jan 1?
Yes. Both recycling and purchases for recycling are reset to zero on the first of the year.

rated:
Office Depot will have $5 per cartridge next week. Too bad I just turned mine in yesterday.

rated:
c3 said:   Office Depot will have $5 per cartridge next week. Too bad I just turned mine in yesterday.

Their fine print:
"$5 Recycling Rewards valid in-store only. Offers valid for Worklife Rewards® and Star Teacher members from January 9th - January 22nd, 2011."

rated:
Staples rewards for december (premier) are available on website right now...

rated:
Thanks! This will save me from some trips to Kinko's.

rated:
Is the $1,000 purchase amount to qualify for Staples Premier a one time requirement? If not, how does it work?

rated:
foche911 said:   Is the $1,000 purchase amount to qualify for Staples Premier a one time requirement? If not, how does it work?
$1000 or more in qualified spending in 2011 qualifies for one for premier for the rest of 2011 and all of 2012. To retain premier for all of 2013 would require another $1000 in qualified spending in 2012. Repeat.

rated:
Guys

So I have about 10 to 12 seal packed brother 51 series ink cartrige and want to get credit to purchase my recently purchased Lexmark printer carterige Please let mek now where should I give this cartrige either Office Depot or Staple.

rated:
My OD recycling rewards are not showing up in my account. I turned in 20 on 1/2 and 20 more on 2/1...the section for Recycle Rewards is not even showing up in my history. Did they stop the program (in Oregon)? First they lowered it to only $2 per cartridge in Oct...now stopped altogether? oh boy....

rated:
My OD recycling rewards are not showing up in my account. I turned in 20 on 1/2 and 20 more on 2/1...the section for Recycle Rewards is not even showing up in my history. Did they stop the program (in Oregon)? First they lowered it to only $2 per cartridge in Oct...now stopped altogether? oh boy....

rated:
Be patient. Wait a few more days.

rated:
cbtjoe said:   My OD recycling rewards are not showing up in my account. I turned in 20 on 1/2 and 20 more on 2/1...the section for Recycle Rewards is not even showing up in my history. Did they stop the program (in Oregon)? First they lowered it to only $2 per cartridge in Oct...now stopped altogether? oh boy....

For January only it was $5.00 per cart
in Roseburg, surely everywhere
Can't see Jan on my account yet, I turned them in in the 31st.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   For January only it was $5.00 per cart
in Roseburg, surely everywhere
Can't see Jan on my account yet, I turned them in in the 31st.

$5 from 1/9 to 1/22 only.

rated:
My January ($5/cartridge) ink recycling rewards aren't there yet, either. This is the first time I've done OD recycling, so I don't know what to expect as far as when they show up.

In my purchase history, though, the receipt shows. 20 RECYCLING PROGRAM SKU#: 224744.

rated:
metsfan said:   My January ($5/cartridge) ink recycling rewards aren't there yet, either. This is the first time I've done OD recycling, so I don't know what to expect as far as when they show up.

In my purchase history, though, the receipt shows. 20 RECYCLING PROGRAM SKU#: 224744.

the free after rewards items are there for Jan 2011, however, nooone has the ink carts $5/100 credit showing yet...so hang inthere.....it will appear at some point. Doesn't really matter since the rewards are only paid quarterly, so OD is never in any hurry to update stuff (unlike the monthly update/payout at Staples)

rated:
Metsfan,

OD recycling rewards tend to be posted monthly around the 10th. If you recycled after the 10th, they won't show up until the 10th or so of the following month. As long as they show up in your purchase history, you will get credit at some point prior to the release of the next quarterly rewards.

rated:
My $5/cartridge ink recycling rewards now show in my account.

rated:
Staples january rewards are available to print now...

also, i now believe the breakdown for the Staples rewards is a max of 100 and whatever is leftover on the 2nd part of the monthly rewards if you're premier at least. Has anyone with more than $2xx in rewards had a different breakdown/split of the rewards?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.