• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
OM rewards are posted, and $3 credit to cartridges recycled prior to 4/1/2012 looks correct

rated:
I bought some kindle touchs at Office Max using the Staples $25 off of $75. It appears according to the OM website that these are qualified purchases but in the fine print it states ereaders are not eligible?

Does anyone have past experience with OM on ereaders / tablets? Do they count as qualifying purchases?

Thanks

rated:
In case anyone cares, MaxPerks has made the May rewards payout ... at least for me.

rated:
Thank you! I checked after I saw your post. (Now, I just hope for lots of offers to come up in June..)

rated:
MaxPerks has made the June rewards payout ... at least for me.

rated:
Huh?

rated:
I have read a lot of posts in this thread but I am still confused. I turned in 10 printer toners to Office Depot at the beginning of the month. Before I get the rewards posted to my account I need to spend $20 on in store merchandise? Is what most of you do just buy Free After Rebate items so that you really aren't spending money?

rated:
crystalpogo said:   I have read a lot of posts in this thread but I am still confused. I turned in 10 printer toners to Office Depot at the beginning of the month. Before I get the rewards posted to my account I need to spend $20 on in store merchandise? Is what most of you do just buy Free After Rebate items so that you really aren't spending money?
Use free after rebate items (or 100% back in rewards items when available) to satisfy the purchase requirement and then use free after rebate items to cash out the rewards.

Since for Office Depot neither unreleased recycling rewards nor qualified purchases carry over from quarter to quarter for recycling program purposes, you need to have qualified purchases at least matching your recycling for the 2nd quarter by JUNE 30.

rated:
I absolutely refuse to buy from the big office super stores because I know that even after couponing, price reductions, sales ... their pricing remains higher than some perfectly great remanufactured cartridges I have found. Furthermore, I have recently learned that HP is buying OfficeMax's empty ink and toner cartridges, that people think they are recycling, and shreading them in an effort to put remanufacturers out of business.

rated:
lisainpa said:   I absolutely refuse to buy from the big office super stores because I know that even after couponing, price reductions, sales ... their pricing remains higher than some perfectly great remanufactured cartridges I have found. Furthermore, I have recently learned that HP is buying OfficeMax's empty ink and toner cartridges, that people think they are recycling, and shreading them in an effort to put remanufacturers out of business.

RE:
people think they are recycling,

They are.

RE:
and shreading them

Who says that?

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   lisainpa said:   I absolutely refuse to buy from the big office super stores because I know that even after couponing, price reductions, sales ... their pricing remains higher than some perfectly great remanufactured cartridges I have found. Furthermore, I have recently learned that HP is buying OfficeMax's empty ink and toner cartridges, that people think they are recycling, and shreading them in an effort to put remanufacturers out of business.

RE:
people think they are recycling,

They are.

RE:
and shreading them

Who says that?

RE:
I have recently learned that HP is buying OfficeMax's empty ink and toner cartridges,

And the issue with that is? I see none, surely HP sells refilled ones.

rated:
lisainpa said:   I absolutely refuse to buy from the big office super stores because I know that even after couponing, price reductions, sales ... their pricing remains higher than some perfectly great remanufactured cartridges I have found. Furthermore, I have recently learned that HP is buying OfficeMax's empty ink and toner cartridges, that people think they are recycling, and shreading them in an effort to put remanufacturers out of business.

NM

rated:
lisainpa said:   Furthermore, I have recently learned that HP is buying OfficeMax's empty ink and toner cartridges, that people think they are recycling, and shreading them in an effort to put remanufacturers out of business.

First of all, who cares (I couldn't care less what any of these stores do with the cartridges after they pay me for them)? Second of all, how would HP buying cartridges from OM and getting rid of them put remanufacturers out of business? If anything, it seems as if it would help those selling remanufactured cartridges as those sellers now don't have to compete with OM (assuming your statement is true).

rated:
jetsfan92588 said:   lisainpa said:   Furthermore, I have recently learned that HP is buying OfficeMax's empty ink and toner cartridges, that people think they are recycling, and shreading them in an effort to put remanufacturers out of business.

First of all, who cares (I couldn't care less what any of these stores do with the cartridges after they pay me for them)? Second of all, how would HP buying cartridges from OM and getting rid of them put remanufacturers out of business? If anything, it seems as if it would help those selling remanufactured cartridges as those sellers now don't have to compete with OM (assuming your statement is true).
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/reply.php?catid=24&threadid=1007...

Need a cartridge to refill in order to sell refilled cartridges. Destroy used carts hurts refillers

rated:
Staples rewards are up for last month

rated:
OM rewards are up and for the third time this year, they screwed everything up.

They shorted me about $65 this time. I called the CSR and she started rambling on about rewards NOT rolling, so I told her that I rolled rewards plenty of times in the past with no problems. I asked her if there was a recent policy change and she said nothing.

I hope she just didn't know what she was talking about. If OM starts preventing from rolling rewards, I am definitely only dealing with Staples in the future.

rated:
stanski1 said:   They shorted me about $65 this time.

Why? Items shipped after the promotional period or another cause?

rated:
You have to careful about dates too. I have $54 posted to August that was issued in July.

rated:
Battery rewards Rolled just fine, Rewards were posted online, purchase was B&M - Backpack rewards were to be issued in Sept or later....

rated:
stanski1 said:   OM rewards are up and for the third time this year, they screwed everything up.

They shorted me about $65 this time. I called the CSR and she started rambling on about rewards NOT rolling, so I told her that I rolled rewards plenty of times in the past with no problems. I asked her if there was a recent policy change and she said nothing.

I hope she just didn't know what she was talking about. If OM starts preventing from rolling rewards, I am definitely only dealing with Staples in the future.

Rewards are still rolling as of this week.

rated:
the bonus rewards on my maxperks account (OfficeMax) for this month are a bit wonky again. I hope they fix it by next month. the amounts are so strange....

rated:
VivYip said:   the bonus rewards on my maxperks account (OfficeMax) for this month are a bit wonky again. I hope they fix it by next month. the amounts are so strange....
MaxPerks appears to be fiddling with the rewards filters again. Some that were there have disappeared, again.

rated:
Question, when you return something bought with STaplesReward, does the reward get reissued?

rated:
if the reward coupon has not expired yet, then it comes back on the receipt... (I don't know about online orders)

rated:
Stapler - Rewards Posted Today - Earned in Aug

rated:
Anybody else see the latest message from OfficeMax about the MaxPerks Recycling Program?

Effective today, the program officially sucks. Maybe good for picking up small items for "free," but it seems to not stack with coupons, which are generally a better deal. And certainly easier to deal with.

Here's the message that I first saw yesterday. Interestingly it's dated 9/4/12, but was not sent until much later.

Date: 09/04/12
Subject: NEW Instant Ink & Toner Recycling Savings
NO MORE WAITING. SAVE INSTANTLY.

Get up to $20 off your same-day, in-store purchase when you recycle cartridges.

With your MaxPerks® ID, get $1 off on your same-day, in-store purchase for every qualifying* ink or toner cartridge of any brand you recycle. Up to $20 in savings for 20 cartridges recycled per month.
As a courtesy, your current pending ink recycling rewards will be issued to you in your next statement to start this new program. Take advantage of instant savings today.

*Effective 9/16/12, save $1 instantly on your same-day in-store transaction for each qualifying cartridge, up to a maximum of $20 in savings per calendar month per member. Qualifying cartridges are any visibly undamaged ink/toner cartridges. Excludes remanufactured cartridges of any brand. Qualified items and the degree of damage are determined by OfficeMax at its sole discretion. While there is no limit to the number of ink or toner cartridges you may recycle, you will only receive a discount for the qualifying items and limited quantity noted. Discount valid on regular, sale, promotional and/or clearance priced items. Not valid on purchases of HP and EPSON ink/toner cartridges, gift cards, general-use prepaid cards, phone cards, Virgin Mobile devices, US postage stamps, shredding services, MaxAssurance®, Ctrlcenter®, OfficeMax Essentials Kits, assembly or FedEx® shipping services. Void where prohibited. Cannot be combined with any other coupon, associate discount, OfficeMax® Customer Perks and/or Retail ConnectSM pricing. Not valid on prior purchases or for credit card payments. No cash or credit back.
If you have any questions regarding this message, please contact us.

I haven't seen any other verbiage that has been updated. The T&C's haven't yet been updated": https://www.officemaxperks.com/termsandconditionsbusiness.aspx

Try logging into your MaxPerks account to see the new terms at https://www.officemaxperks.com/RecyclingHome.aspx.

rated:
GameOn said:   Anybody else see the latest message from OfficeMax about the MaxPerks Recycling Program?

Effective today, the program officially sucks. Maybe good for picking up small items for "free," but it seems to not stack with coupons, which are generally a better deal. And certainly easier to deal with.

Here's the message that I first saw yesterday. Interestingly it's dated 9/4/12, but was not sent until much later.

Date: 09/04/12
Subject: NEW Instant Ink & Toner Recycling Savings
NO MORE WAITING. SAVE INSTANTLY.

Get up to $20 off your same-day, in-store purchase when you recycle cartridges.

With your MaxPerks® ID, get $1 off on your same-day, in-store purchase for every qualifying* ink or toner cartridge of any brand you recycle. Up to $20 in savings for 20 cartridges recycled per month.
As a courtesy, your current pending ink recycling rewards will be issued to you in your next statement to start this new program. Take advantage of instant savings today.

*Effective 9/16/12, save $1 instantly on your same-day in-store transaction for each qualifying cartridge, up to a maximum of $20 in savings per calendar month per member. Qualifying cartridges are any visibly undamaged ink/toner cartridges. Excludes remanufactured cartridges of any brand. Qualified items and the degree of damage are determined by OfficeMax at its sole discretion. While there is no limit to the number of ink or toner cartridges you may recycle, you will only receive a discount for the qualifying items and limited quantity noted. Discount valid on regular, sale, promotional and/or clearance priced items. Not valid on purchases of HP and EPSON ink/toner cartridges, gift cards, general-use prepaid cards, phone cards, Virgin Mobile devices, US postage stamps, shredding services, MaxAssurance®, Ctrlcenter®, OfficeMax Essentials Kits, assembly or FedEx® shipping services. Void where prohibited. Cannot be combined with any other coupon, associate discount, OfficeMax® Customer Perks and/or Retail ConnectSM pricing. Not valid on prior purchases or for credit card payments. No cash or credit back.
If you have any questions regarding this message, please contact us.

I haven't seen any other verbiage that has been updated. The T&C's haven't yet been updated": https://www.officemaxperks.com/termsandconditionsbusiness.aspx

Try logging into your MaxPerks account to see the new terms at https://www.officemaxperks.com/RecyclingHome.aspx.

I wonder if you are in a trial market.

My www.officemaxperks.com/RecyclingHome.aspx is still the old program.

rated:
I created a dummy account in my market, and it did NOT have the new terms. An account in another state did not get the new terms, but other folks in my area DID get the change in terms.

Also, the cashier at my store yesterday spoke of the new program when I dropped off my cartridges. It was as described in my previous post.

The test market idea seems spot on. But that brings up more questions.

How does somebody from outside the market, who has the original terms, get credit? And how does somebody from my market get credit when out of state?

I might try something with a newly created account and see what happens.

rated:
OfficeMax's MaxPerks Rewards program is trial marketing several new recycling offers.

While the existing program is up to 10 carts per month, $2 per cart, paid via rewards the new trial programs are:
  • up to 10 carts per month, $1 per cart, paid via in-store coupon that has to be used that same day
    • "Effective 9/16/12, save $1 instantly on your same-day in-store transaction for each qualifying cartridge, up to a maximum of $10 in savings per calendar month per member."

• up to 20 carts per month, $1 per cart, paid via in-store coupon that has to be used that same day
    • "Effective 9/16/12, save $1 instantly on your same-day in-store transaction for each qualifying cartridge, up to a maximum of $20 in savings per calendar month per member."

• there might be others

Apparently, to find out if you are in a trial market, log into your rewards account and view the "Recycling Program" page. If the old terms are there it appears you are not in a trial. If a trial's terms are there, it appears you are in a trial.

For those in a trial program, please let OfficeMax/MaxPerks know that the trial program terms are an unwelcome change from the old terms. Do not let this pass without comment.

rated:
The OfficeMax MaxPerks rewards earned in August and from the backpacks are now available to spend -- at least for me.

rated:
bpvh said:   
For those in a trial program, please let OfficeMax/MaxPerks know that the trial program terms are an unwelcome change from the old terms. Do not let this pass without comment.

I just hope Staples doesn't decide to go to $1 per cartridge too. I can't see how the stores benefit from us buying old carts on eBay and them paying for them.

rated:
The good news about the trial program is they credit your account for all accrued recycling rewards, even if you haven't made the required purchases.

• As a courtesy, your current pending ink recycling rewards of $XX.00 will be issued to you in your next statement to start this new program.

rated:
JamesTKirk said:   I can't see how the stores benefit from us buying old carts on eBay and them paying for them.

Well, as with most "extreme" couponing/deal hunting, the folks that squeeze the max value out of a promotion really aren't the target customers. They are tolerated as a marketing expense.

The promotions goal is to make shopping there a habit for the folks that often pay full price, or better, pay full price with other peoples money (business accounts), and to get them in the store at least once a month. The "other peoples money" is a big part of it. Give the person making the purchase a free "gift" (bribe) and have comparable prices to similar stores, and that "gift" might swing the $200 paper purchase to your company instead of a competitor.

"Free Gift", "rewards", "bonus", all more or less the same.

rated:
The Office Depot rewards site has added a new feature under Rewards Status:

Pending Promotions
..................................................................................Qualified...% Back in...Reward
..................................................................................Amount......Rewads......Amount
100% back in Rewards on select Sharpie Markers (9/30 - 10/6). ....................$0.00.......100%........$0.00
100% back in Rewards on select uniball pens (9/30 - 10/6). .......................$0.00.......100%........$0.00
100% back in Rewards on select staplers (9/30 - 10/6). ...........................$0.00.......100%........$0.00
100% back in Rewards on select Post-It Pop-up Note Dispenser (9/30 - 10/6). ......$0.00.......100%........$0.00
100% back in Rewards on select Post-It Notes (9/30 - 10/6). ......................$0.00.......100%........$0.00
100% back in Rewards on select Energizer Max Batteries (9/30 - 10/6). ............$0.00.......100%........$0.00
100% back in Rewards on select 3M Address Labels (9/30 - 10/6). ..................$0.00.......100%........$0.00
100% back in Rewards on Scotch shipping tape & dispenser (9/30 - 10/6). ..........$0.00.......100%........$0.00
100% back in Rewards on select storage (9/30 - 10/6). ............................$0.00.......100%........$0.00
100% back in Rewards on select Folgers Coffee (9/30 - 10/6). .....................$0.00.......100%........$0.00
100% back in Rewards on a select paper ream (9/30 - 10/6). .......................$0.00........90%.(*)....$0.00

Each "100% back in Rewards on" line is clickable so maybe it will show exactly what items from what purchases are credited with rewards.

Maybe we will find out that our purchases qualified for rewards sooner than usual.

These pending promotions show up under both the third and fourth quarter rewards which would suggest that Sunday's purchases will be credited to the third quarter.

* - The reason that the select paper rewards are 90% is because the other 10% will be noted under the 10% standard rewards for paper, ink, etc.

rated:
The problem is the companies often underestimate the power of internet, aka deal sites. That causes the marketing expenses higher, sometimes losing money.

Zanthexter said:   JamesTKirk said:   I can't see how the stores benefit from us buying old carts on eBay and them paying for them.

Well, as with most "extreme" couponing/deal hunting, the folks that squeeze the max value out of a promotion really aren't the target customers. They are tolerated as a marketing expense.

The promotions goal is to make shopping there a habit for the folks that often pay full price, or better, pay full price with other peoples money (business accounts), and to get them in the store at least once a month. The "other peoples money" is a big part of it. Give the person making the purchase a free "gift" (bribe) and have comparable prices to similar stores, and that "gift" might swing the $200 paper purchase to your company instead of a competitor.

"Free Gift", "rewards", "bonus", all more or less the same.

rated:
Office Depot rewards are available for use for the qtr ending 9/30.

rated:
VivYip said:   Office Depot rewards are available for use for the qtr ending 9/30.
Thanks.

rated:
Staples Rewards question: How many rewards checks (same account) can be used on one purchase when combined with one coupon? do B&M and online differ?

rated:
597404 said:   Staples Rewards question: How many rewards checks (same account) can be used on one purchase when combined with one coupon? do B&M and online differ?Online 10 coupons/rewards. In-store been posted someone did 16.

rated:
At Office Depot I purchased stamps with my Rewards certificate. Can I purchase stamps as qualifying purchase when I return the toner?

*EDIT never mind see they are excluded

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014