• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
For Office Depot... Does your monthly ink recycling show on your online account? I have all my rewards in Oct for the "Free After Rewards" items showing up, but my 10 ink cartridges are missing. Is this normal?

rated:
For Office Depot... I also returned about $200 worth of "Free after Rewards" items in Oct this year (for the Q3 rewards), and it's been a month but the rewards have not adjusted down. Aren't they supposed to adjust back the rewards if you return the items? How long does it take? It's difficult to figure out how much of my Q3 rewards are "real"?

rated:
AndroAsc said:   For Office Depot... Does your monthly ink recycling show on your online account? I have all my rewards in Oct for the "Free After Rewards" items showing up, but my 10 ink cartridges are missing. Is this normal?
My Office Depot recycling rewards have not posted either. My recycling transaction is noted so I am not worried.

rated:
AndroAsc said:   For Office Depot... I also returned about $200 worth of "Free after Rewards" items in Oct this year (for the Q3 rewards), and it's been a month but the rewards have not adjusted down. Aren't they supposed to adjust back the rewards if you return the items? How long does it take? It's difficult to figure out how much of my Q3 rewards are "real"?
Yes, rewards are supposed to be adjusted for returns. Its possible that return adjustments are still part of the after months end updating which, considering that recycling rewards have not posted, might not have occurred yet.

rated:
Stapler "issued in Nov" rewards are available

"Rewards are on the way.
If you've earned qualifying Rewards, you'll receive them via email on November 15 or in home between November 24 - December 3, 2012."

rated:
Printed my OM OCT rewards today if it hasn't been mentioned.

rated:
Query on OD recycle.
1. This is my first quarter
2. Recycled Cartridges in Oct
3. Made qualifying purchase ( FAR items ) in Nov

When I check the section "Your Worklife RewardsŪ Reward Amounts" on there reward site, it shows me all transaction, but it shows "Reward Amount" as 00.00 against all the transactions.

Is this normal before quarter ends?
Whether I see qualified reward amount under "reward amount" column only after quarter ends OR something wrong in my account?
Is there any way to deteremine whether my purchases are qualified for reward against recycle before quarter ends?

rated:
PhinTron said:   Query on OD recycle.

When I check the section "Your Worklife RewardsŪ Reward Amounts" on there reward site, it shows me all transaction, but it shows "Reward Amount" as 00.00 against all the transactions.

Whether I see qualified reward amount under "reward amount" column only after quarter ends OR something wrong in my account?
Is there any way to deteremine whether my purchases are qualified for reward against recycle before quarter ends?

Ink Rewards are not noted on the account until sometime after the month's end in which they are earned. As long as the recycle and purchase transactions are noted you should be OK.

rated:
bpvh said:   PhinTron said:   Query on OD recycle.

Ink Rewards are not noted on the account until sometime after the month's end in which they are earned. As long as the recycle and purchase transactions are noted you should be OK.

So does it mean, that in this case it will be shown in Feb-2013, as it will be earned sometime in Jan-2013, as the quarter ends on 31-Dec-2012?

rated:
PhinTron said:   bpvh said:   PhinTron said:   Query on OD recycle.

So does it mean, that in this case it will be shown in Feb-2013, as it will be earned sometime in Jan-2013, as the quarter ends on 31-Dec-2012?

About the only thing Office Depot Rewards does on a quarterly basis is payout out rewards. Everything else is done daily or monthly. For example, transactions are updated daily (although not in real time or necessarily the next day) while earned recycling rewards (recycling matched by qualified purchases) are updated monthly generally sometime in the first half of the month after the month in which the recycling rewards are earned.

I made over $60 in qualified purchases in October. I also recycled 10 carts in October. When Office Depot updated the site for October sometime in the first half of November, the $20 in recycling rewards were noted on my account. Not made available to spend, noted. I also recycled 10 carts in November. When Office Depot updates the site for November sometime in the first half of December, those recycling rewards will be noted as well.

The rewards for the entire fourth quarter will be made available to spend sometime in the latter half of January 2013.

rated:
Stapler rewards are posted !!!! Enjoy

rated:
OM rewards just posted !!!!!

rated:
I have a question and thought I'd turn to the Staples experts here.

I just checked the rewards site and I'm only $120 away from reaching Premiere. It wasn't really a goal but I guess I might as well buy $120 worth of stuff before the end of the year so I get Premiere next year and can recycle 20 carts/month.

I have $90 in Staples gift cards from Staples rebates. If I use these to buy something, will that count towards the $120? Thanks in advance!

rated:
jasonatq1520radiocom said:   I have $90 in Staples gift cards from Staples rebates. If I use these to buy something, will that count towards the $120?

yes

rated:
Just noticed that OM's rewards site is reworked a bit and looks much nicer...They put in a new list of 5% back in purchases, but it is just the regular 25/500 in qualified purchases listed out by each purchase.

rated:
maddybeagle said:   Just noticed that OM's rewards site is reworked a bit and looks much nicer...They put in a new list of 5% back in purchases, but it is just the regular 25/500 in qualified purchases listed out by each purchase.
Thanks. Interesting that the terms and conditions do not mention the 5% back anywhere.

rated:
They are advertising this heavily at the store too. Is it possible that they're dropping the calendar year requirement? I haven't seen it in the fine print on these ads but haven't seen any revised full T&C.

Edit: In reference to OM 5% rewards discussion.

rated:
PennDisc said:   They are advertising this heavily at the store too. Is it possible that they're dropping the calendar year requirement? I haven't seen it in the fine print on these ads but haven't seen any revised full T&C.Who and what are being advertised heavily? This is a three store thread and have no idea what you are referring to without quoting a prior post.

rated:
mathfaster said:   Who and what are being advertised heavily? This is a three store thread and have no idea what you are referring to without quoting a prior post.

Sorry, edited. "No idea" is a bit of a stretch though isn't it? I replied 4 days after the last post, and the previous 2 posts to mine were about the 5% OM rewards references on the website.

rated:
PennDisc said:   They are advertising this heavily at the store too. Is it possible that they're dropping the calendar year requirement? I haven't seen it in the fine print on these ads but haven't seen any revised full T&C.

Edit: In reference to OM 5% rewards discussion.

The OfficeMax Perks programs terms and conditions do not mention anything about the 5%. The standard rewards are still $25 for every $500 in qualified purchases for business rewards members.

The revamped "My Rewards" page in the "Rewards Summary" section makes it appear as if it is still $25 for every $500 which has been renamed "Earn 5% back for each $500 you spend in qualified purchases".

rated:
I was in OM today and they have a 5% sticker on the front door advertising their rewards program. I believe that they are advertising this so it sounds sexy. Yes, you still need to spend the 500 in qualified purchases to get the 25.

rated:
maddybeagle said:   I was in OM today and they have a 5% sticker on the front door advertising their rewards program. I believe that they are advertising this so it sounds sexy. Yes, you still need to spend the 500 in qualified purchases to get the 25.
This new 5% back in rewards ad campaign is terribly misleading.

rated:
bpvh said:   maddybeagle said:   I was in OM today and they have a 5% sticker on the front door advertising their rewards program. I believe that they are advertising this so it sounds sexy. Yes, you still need to spend the 500 in qualified purchases to get the 25.
This new 5% back in rewards ad campaign is terribly misleading.

I got a mailer on this and it says... Rediscover your Maxperks Rewards by taking a new look at the same program.

Then it goes on to explain how nothing has changed.

rated:
Stapler rewards are posted !!!!

rated:
hey guys, looking to start up taking carts to Office Depot but im a bit confused. i see that you can turn in 10 carts a month at $2 each. thats $20 per month.

now, i see something stating that you have to have a qualifying purchase to get said $20. can someone give me an example of what that means?

rated:
blackbeasst said:   hey guys, looking to start up taking carts to Office Depot but im a bit confused. i see that you can turn in 10 carts a month at $2 each. thats $20 per month.

now, i see something stating that you have to have a qualifying purchase to get said $20. can someone give me an example of what that means?

Recycling rewards will only be paid out to the extent of qualified purchases.

Recycling limits are monthly. Rewards are paid out quarterly.

Q. Do you have to recycle and make a qualified purchase quarterly for Office Depot's Rewards program?

A. Yes. Neither unreleased recycling nor qualified purchases carryover from quarter to quarter. A quarter's recycling rewards are only paid out to the extent of that quarter's qualified purchases:

--- Recycle 30 carts and have $100 in qualified purchases in a quarter = $60 in recycling rewards paid out with $0 in qualified purchases carried over to the next quarter.

--- Recycle 30 carts and have $55 in qualified purchase in the third quarter = $55 in recycling rewards paid out. The remaining $5 in recycling rewards is unreleased and is zeroed out at quarter's end.

rated:
I think a lot of posters use the 100% rewards deals to get their qualified purchases in at OD. I would start with that since they have a sale with a lot of items right now including totes.

Recycle 10 carts a month in the quarter and get 30x2=60 and then do 60 dollars in 100% back in rewards items and get 120 back in worklife rewards at the end of the quarter.

Then use the 120 rewards check with coupons to buy stuff you need/want or FAR software.

rated:
My OfficeMax maxperks rewards are posted from Dec.

rated:
I am new to all the ink / rewards at Staples/OD/OM. Damn its confusing. My question pertains to Free after rewards (FAR) items. I know at Staples you can use FAReward money from previous purchases and purchase more FAR's. But at OD, and OM you can't. Correct?

Also, I noticed that Staples does TRIPLE ink this week if you buy 50 dollars in HP ink. I Don't have an HP printer. My thought is I buy 50 worth, flip it for 30ish on eBay, cash in 5 toners at $6 each (triple), then 5 more at $2 each for a total of $40. Plus 10% reward for the $50 HP ink = $5. Initial outlay is 50, but get back 75... Is this what everyone else does?

Does anyone flip the FAReward or rebate items on eBay, if you don't need?

Finally, Can i purchase FAReward items online, using INK + CB portals, and pick them up in the store? That could net a few more percent...

rated:
LLCPenTesTr said:   I am new to all the ink / rewards at Staples/OD/OM. Damn its confusing. My question pertains to Free after rewards (FAR) items. I know at Staples you can use FAReward money from previous purchases and purchase more FAR's. But at OD, and OM you can't. Correct?

No. OM you can "roll" the rewards. Staples and OD you cannot.

rated:
JamesTKirk said:   LLCPenTesTr said:   I am new to all the ink / rewards at Staples/OD/OM. Damn its confusing. My question pertains to Free after rewards (FAR) items. I know at Staples you can use FAReward money from previous purchases and purchase more FAR's. But at OD, and OM you can't. Correct?

No. OM you can "roll" the rewards. Staples and OD you cannot.

It's actually a bit more confusing:

Office Depot: rewards never roll

OfficeMax: rewards generally roll

Staples:
--- percentage back rewards offers (e.g. 100% back in rewards): rewards do not roll
--- fixed value rewards offers (e.g. purchase x, get y back in rewards (see case paper deals)): rewards roll

rated:
LLCPenTesTr said:   Also, I noticed that Staples does TRIPLE ink this week if you buy 50 dollars in HP ink. I Don't have an HP printer. My thought is I buy 50 worth, flip it for 30ish on eBay, cash in 5 toners at $6 each (triple), then 5 more at $2 each for a total of $40. Plus 10% reward for the $50 HP ink = $5. Initial outlay is 50, but get back 75... Is this what everyone else does?
I'd guess most, at least premier members, wait for the double-double deals. In your scenario, if you are clearing $25 total, you are only netting $5 more than just recycling for the month ($2 x 10).

LLCPenTesTr said:   Does anyone flip the FAReward or rebate items on eBay, if you don't need?
I'm sure some are flipping whether on eBay, CL, or thrift sales.

LLCPenTesTr said:   Finally, Can i purchase FAReward items online, using INK + CB portals, and pick them up in the store? That could net a few more percent...
Most 100% back in rewards offers from Staples are valid for in-store purchases only. Online purchases for in-store pickup are online orders and would not qualify for rewards.

rated:
LLCPenTesTr said:   I am new to all the ink / rewards at Staples/OD/OM. Damn its confusing. My question pertains to Free after rewards (FAR) items. I know at Staples you can use FAReward money from previous purchases and purchase more FAR's. But at OD, and OM you can't. Correct?

Also, I noticed that Staples does TRIPLE ink this week if you buy 50 dollars in HP ink. I Don't have an HP printer. My thought is I buy 50 worth, flip it for 30ish on eBay, cash in 5 toners at $6 each (triple), then 5 more at $2 each for a total of $40. Plus 10% reward for the $50 HP ink = $5. Initial outlay is 50, but get back 75... Is this what everyone else does?

Does anyone flip the FAReward or rebate items on eBay, if you don't need?

Finally, Can i purchase FAReward items online, using INK + CB portals, and pick them up in the store? That could net a few more percent...

Regarding the calculations on the ink - You are forgetting that you would normally get 20 bucks for the 10 cartridge recycling without the offer, so in this scenario, your next is 5 dollars - eBay / PP fees on the 30 dollar ink sale - amount over 50 dollars that your ink is - tax. Really not worth it at all. Even as a premier, the double double promo is the only one that comes close to breaking even without resale.

rated:
Office Depot rewards are available to use on FAR and anythign else a person wants to buy at OD

rated:
My first time. Just logged in, but mine still not available. And here is the strangest thing to me: On the left it says"Reward Amount Issued
Year to Date $200.00", but when I click get my reward, it says "In Progress"

Did I happen to ask for it to deliver in mail? I definitely want to be able to print it out online. HOw can I opt to online delivery?

Thanks a lot! Newbie, first time, shouldn't have tried with that big number..........

rated:
bbway said:   My first time. Just logged in, but mine still not available. And here is the strangest thing to me: On the left it says"Reward Amount Issued
Year to Date $200.00", but when I click get my reward, it says "In Progress"

Did I happen to ask for it to deliver in mail? I definitely want to be able to print it out online. HOw can I opt to online delivery?

Thanks a lot! Newbie, first time, shouldn't have tried with that big number..........

Not everyone has their rewards made available at the same time.

rated:
My OD rewards went from "in progress" this morning to available this afternoon.

rated:
Do ink rewards get sent via email or postal mail?

rated:
mastroadam said:   Do ink rewards get sent via email or postal mail?

You print them on the website when available. For all the stores.

rated:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1251356/

Some discussion of "merchandise cards" here. I received one at the end of 3rd quarter because several of my worklife rewards purchases were not updated and they finally fixed.

It was noted that using these does not count as "qualified purchases" towards ink recycling. Do they work for 100% rewards purchases? Or you need to use these like worklife rewards certs (buy FAR software, etc.). Other words "merchandise cards" are equal to worklife rewards except they don't expire?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014