• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
maddybeagle said:   http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1251356/

Some discussion of "merchandise cards" here. I received one at the end of 3rd quarter because several of my worklife rewards purchases were not updated and they finally fixed.

It was noted that using these does not count as "qualified purchases" towards ink recycling. Do they work for 100% rewards purchases? Or you need to use these like worklife rewards certs (buy FAR software, etc.). Other words "merchandise cards" are equal to worklife rewards except they don't expire?

From bpvh's unofficial Office Depot FARewards FAQ (vers. 2012.10.03):

Q05. Any other payment concerns?

Cash, credit cards, and gift cards: Earn full rewards.

Rewards certificates and merchandise cards: Earn no rewards to the extent paid for with rewards certificates and/or merchandise cards.

rated:
Staples rewards for Jan. have posted.

rated:
OfficeMax rewards posted for Jan.

rated:
Am fairly new to all this and need some help. I have an HP laser printer and figured I would buy two toners to get double recycling rewards (have premier status). I saw a promotion for a $20 Visa gift card via easy rebate when purchasing two identical HP toners so went to the store and bought two black ones at $49.99 each and recycled my 20 cartridges. No easy rebate printed but I was in a hurry so I left. Just realized the gift card promo is online or phone only. So.... I really don't need two black toners but figured the $20 GC made it worth getting two. I'd like to exchange one for yellow or cyan or magenta, but will this invalidate my double recycling? Am I just out of luck? I was thinking if I do the exchange tonight, I'd still have purchased two HP toners in one day so maybe that would work?

rated:
lauraww said:   Am fairly new to all this and need some help. I have an HP laser printer and figured I would buy two toners to get double recycling rewards (have premier status). I saw a promotion for a $20 Visa gift card via easy rebate when purchasing two identical HP toners so went to the store and bought two black ones at $49.99 each and recycled my 20 cartridges. No easy rebate printed but I was in a hurry so I left. Just realized the gift card promo is online or phone only. So.... I really don't need two black toners but figured the $20 GC made it worth getting two. I'd like to exchange one for yellow or cyan or magenta, but will this invalidate my double recycling? Am I just out of luck? I was thinking if I do the exchange tonight, I'd still have purchased two HP toners in one day so maybe that would work?No, will not work. Have to be 2 of the same toner. http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/130210/24304/index_base....

rated:
Thanks for your reply. I know it is two of the same for the GC. I meant that since I seem to have missed the boat on that because it was online only, I am wondering whether I can exchange one and still qualify for double recycling. For that you just need to buy two toners on the same day I believe.

rated:
lauraww said:   Thanks for your reply. I know it is two of the same for the GC. I meant that since I seem to have missed the boat on that because it was online only, I am wondering whether I can exchange one and still qualify for double recycling. For that you just need to buy two toners on the same day I believe.Any two toners: http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/130203/24300/index_base....

Yep, just return both as a transaction and then buy the one and the other as a separate transaction. You do not need to recycle and buy in the same transaction. Just has to be on the same day as stated in the terms in that link.

rated:
Excellent. Thank you!!

rated:
Big rumblings on other boards about Staples requiring $30 of ink purchases every 100 (or 180?) days to get rewards for recycling ink cartridges. Look for details in early March.

rated:
69ragtop said:   Big rumblings on other boards about Staples requiring $30 of ink purchases every 100 (or 180?) days to get rewards for recycling ink cartridges. Look for details in early March.http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1259105/ FP under Deal Discussion at the moment.

rated:
One thing in favor of OM/OD not making much changes until early next year is the merger.

rated:
Email received today: - Recycle any ink or toner cartridge, up to 10 per calendar month per customer, and, if the member has spent at least $30 in ink and/or toner purchases at Staples over the previous 180 days, the member will receive $2 back in Staples Rewards per cartridge. Ink and/or toner purchases made on the date of recycling are calculated toward minimum purchase requirement. Minimum purchase requirement is net of coupons, taxes and shipping charges. We will recycle additional cartridges but rewards will only be issued for 10 per calendar month per customer. Ink Recycling Rewards are issued online monthly, separately from your standard Staples Rewards statement. Ink resellers and remanufacturers are strictly prohibited from earning Ink Recycling Rewards. Staples Rewards membership is FREE. Limit one Staples Rewards account per person or at any mailing address. For full program details, visit staplesrewards.com. and---

Premier members will forfeit 1/2 of there Feb 2013 Ink Recycling rewards to fund the upcoming war with the evil OM/OD aliance - Check your account!

rated:
597404 said:   Premier members will forfeit 1/2 of there Feb 2013 Ink Recycling rewards to fund the upcoming war with the evil OM/OD aliance - Check your account!

Still 20 cartridges for Premier.

rated:
597404 said:   
Premier members will forfeit 1/2 of there Feb 2013 Ink Recycling rewards to fund the upcoming war with the evil OM/OD aliance - Check your account!

My account shows 20 carts and $40 for Feb

rated:
My Feb rewards show only 10, went to B&M, CSR was about to "recycle" 10 more for me, but said - you already have 20 !! ??

rated:
Anyone have suggestions for ink carts/toner to buy from Staples for resale on eBay? (I get my personal use ink for $1/cart)

rated:
joe254 said:   Anyone have suggestions for ink carts/toner to buy from Staples for resale on eBay? (I get my personal use ink for $1/cart)HP black ink carts.

rated:
OM has $6 per cartridge when you buy $50 in HP ink Next Week 3/10/13

Limit 2

rated:
Stapler rewards are posted - Enjoy

rated:
No, I've not. They are usually slightly slow but legit in my book. Lately i've been dropping off my cartridges at Office Max because the OD near me closed.

rated:
From the rewards page:
6. Ink Recycling Rewards

Each Member is eligible to receive Ink Recycling Rewards ("Recycling Rewards") on ink recycling, as defined below, performed at Staples stores, if the Member has spent at least $30 in ink and/or toner purchases at Staples over the previous 180 days. Ink and/or toner purchases made on the date of recycling are calculated toward minimum purchase requirement. Minimum purchase requirement is net of coupons, taxes, and shipping charges. Ink resellers and remanufacturers are strictly prohibited from earning Ink Recycling Rewards.

Each Member can recycle up to 10 cartridges per month of any used ink or toner cartridge sold at any retail store in the U.S. and receive $2 back in Recycling Rewards per cartridge. The Member must be physically present at the store when the cartridges are turned in for recycling and a Membership account is identified. Staples will accept additional cartridges for recycling but Recycling Rewards will only be issued for the first 10 qualifying cartridges per calendar month per Member. Recycling Rewards may be used for the same purposes and are under the same restrictions as Rewards.

Recycling Rewards are issued to the member monthly, online, at staplesrewards.com, separately from a Member's standard Rewards statement, approximately within 30 days after the month in which the recycling was completed. Recycling Rewards are credited to the Member's Rewards account in full each month with no minimum required. Expired, lost or misdirected Recycling Rewards will not be reissued. Recycling Rewards not received due to incorrect account information including email address will not be reissued.

rated:
597404 said:   From the rewards page:
6. Ink Recycling Rewards

Each Member is eligible to receive Ink Recycling Rewards ("Recycling Rewards") on ink recycling, as defined below, performed at Staples stores, if the Member has spent at least $30 in ink and/or toner purchases at Staples over the previous 180 days. Ink and/or toner purchases made on the date of recycling are calculated toward minimum purchase requirement. Minimum purchase requirement is net of coupons, taxes, and shipping charges. Ink resellers and remanufacturers are strictly prohibited from earning Ink Recycling Rewards.

Thanks for the reminder. OP updated.

rated:
I'm curious... on my rewards site, if I go to ink recycling, it says "You have 20 eligible cartridges remaining for March 2013. (Maximum 20 allowed per month)". Has anyone not purchased any ink in the past 6 months, and not recycled yet this month? If so, what does it say on the ink recycling page? Would be good to know if it says something like "You need to purchase ink to have eligible cartridges" or something to that effect. (I last bought $30+ ink on 12/4, and will be buying again this week, so I can't wait it out to see if it changes.)

rated:
mathfaster said:   joe254 said:   Anyone have suggestions for ink carts/toner to buy from Staples for resale on eBay? (I get my personal use ink for $1/cart)HP black ink carts.

Has anyone tried shipping direct from Staples to the eBay buyer, it would be nice to cut out the shipping cost. Also will Staples catch on to one rewards number shipping to multiple addresses?

It might be worth it with discounted gift cards and shopping portals.

rated:
I have an idea...What if I buy $30 in ink, hold onto it and wait for my rewards to be available, then return the $30 in ink after I use the rewards? Would this work? I hardly use ink at home because I almost always print at work. Plus, I use a laser jet at home and the cartridge lasts a long time since I use it so little.

rated:
mastroadam said:   mathfaster said:   joe254 said:   Anyone have suggestions for ink carts/toner to buy from Staples for resale on eBay? (I get my personal use ink for $1/cart)HP black ink carts.

Has anyone tried shipping direct from Staples to the eBay buyer, it would be nice to cut out the shipping cost. Also will Staples catch on to one rewards number shipping to multiple addresses?

It might be worth it with discounted gift cards and shopping portals.

I've bought and shipped things from Staples directly to other family members.

rated:
Any idea if these can be paid for by rewards? I'm wonder if the purchase amounts has to be "qualified" and paid for by non-rewards to count.

>purchase requirement
>$30 in ink/toner purchases in the past 180 days

rated:
expired said:   Any idea if these can be paid for by rewards? I'm wonder if the purchase amounts has to be "qualified" and paid for by non-rewards to count.

>purchase requirement
>$30 in ink/toner purchases in the past 180 days
You must spend $30 net. Which means you could use rewards BUT you need to spend $30 out of pocket or net after any coupons/rewards/discounts. IOW, rewards do not roll.

rated:
New Staples and OD rewards are now up..

rated:
Scanned through a number of pages looking for an answer to a question I have...

Can OD LifeRewards be used to purchase software that's "Free after rebate" to effectively cash out the Rewards? I know Staples allows this, but can't for the life of me find out ODs policy.

rated:
tallladude said:   Scanned through a number of pages looking for an answer to a question I have...

Can OD LifeRewards be used to purchase software that's "Free after rebate" to effectively cash out the Rewards? I know Staples allows this, but can't for the life of me find out ODs policy.

Yes ....

rated:
bpvh said:   tallladude said:   Scanned through a number of pages looking for an answer to a question I have...

Yes ....

THANKS!!

rated:
Just posted a thread re: recycling ink at Quill . Check it out: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1268153/

rated:
Stapler and OM rewards are posted - Enjoy

rated:
OD Worklife Rewards changing June 17. Any guesses about these changes?

Link

"We reward. You chose. Enjoy the freedom, flexibility, and savings you deserve. Visit officedepotrewards.com on June 17 to get all the details."

rated:
macguy said:   OD Worklife Rewards changing June 17. Any guesses about these changes?

Link

"We reward. You chose. Enjoy the freedom, flexibility, and savings you deserve. Visit officedepotrewards.com on June 17 to get all the details."

Probably similar to what Staples has done. Require ink purchases.

rated:
I just got a postcard today from OD (it came with 10 off 50 coupon) that gave a date of 6/10 officedepotrewards.com

i'm wondering about the "flexible" part (along the lines of how flexible will the customer have to be? ^_^)

btw, i just noticed that OD is a trademark of "the office club" (it may not be new to others, but it's new to me...oh well)

rated:
maddybeagle said:   
Probably similar to what Staples has done. Require ink purchases.
If they do that, I'll be out, unless the OM store near me becomes OD after the merger (if the merger happens). No OD's close enough to me to do monthly recycling.

rated:
Effective June 9, 2013 – MaxPerks Rewards Members who recycle ink or toner cartridges at an OfficeMax retail store location in the state of California and select stores in Denver and Kansas City, will receive $1 off instantly on your same-day, in-store transaction for each qualifying cartridge recycled, up to 20 recycled cartridges and $20 in savings per member, per calendar month. In-store purchase must be of equal or greater value than the total value of ink/toner cartridges recycled before coupons and taxes.

Update: Each cartridge is actually worth $1.01, and the discount is taken before tax. If you purchase a $7.99 item and hand over 8 cartridges, the total becomes $0.00.

Update: The instant recycling discount does not work with pricematched items.

rated:
Office Depot has released very basic information about the upcoming change to the rewards program: LINK

Introducing Office Depot Rewards™!

Your new rewards program begins 7/1.

we reward:
Get 10 points for every $1 you spend on ink, toner, paper and copy/print/ship products and services. Plus, get even more points when you connect and recycle with us!

1,000 points = $10 rewards certificate

you choose:
Spend $200 in a quarter and you choose product categories you earn points on. That's all it takes to be a Choice Member!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014