Bed Bath & Beyond price match advice?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
It turns out they won't price match Amazon, or any of the other vendors coming up on a lowest price search, even if they have retail locations. The customer service told me they have a list of 3 pages, and it had to be one of the "competitors" from that list. So how can I do this without taking blind shots in the dark? Anyone have the list of acceptable competitors they match?

I really need a replacement item, and want to avoid shipping by buying somewhere local in-store, but BB&B (and all the others) are $10 more than the online options.

Any advice on how to pull off some price matching?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

who price matches Amazon?

Okay, but the question is who will Bed Bath and Beyond price match. I tried using several retailers and they just kept saying "we only take direct competition, like Kmart and Target".

found a good price on the item at Target, bought the in the ad, got Bed Bath and Beyond to price match and then pulled out his Bed Bath and Beyond coupon at the register.

I have had BB&B price match pretty much any local store, including their coupons. Heck, they once let me use a 40% off coupon from World Market on a Liz Clairborne blanket because I showed them that World Market carried blankets, even though they didn't carry that brand of blanket at all. Same with knives and coffee makers. They're pretty darned accommodating if you have done your research in advance and have supporting documentation, be that from a sale paper, website printout, competitors coupon, or your phone with a web page pulled up on it.

Use a 20% off coupon...

find a national B&M store in your area that sells similar items and they will price match. I don't see what the big mystery in this is.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.