• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
Holy hell...the news many of us have been waiting for. Will post more info as it becomes available.

copied from SD:

[SERO] Great NEWS for Sprint SERO Users, The wait is over. Android/WebOS will be available to the SERO after Oct 1st
Just a head up.

Yes. Multiple sources confirmed the rumor.

If you are in SERO but want a new phone, hold until OCT 1st.

Originally Posted by wam from SU forum
Yes everyone it is true. My good friend at Sprint ( high management) told me that Android/WebOS will be available to the SERO customers starting Oct 1. It will be only $10 more and will include Sprint TV, Sprint Navigation, and Any Mobile Any time! That going to be 1 killer of a deal! If you have a SERO...By all means.....dont give it up. Any 4G phone will be $10 more.

So reading the above, it sounds like you could get an EVO for $50 a month after the "4G tax"...not sure if my current corp. discount of 25% would apply as well...I guess we will have to wait and see, but even $50 a month without any additional discounts would probably be enough to make me finally give them a little more money each month.

This is indeed all just rumor at this point, but I know enough FW members would be VERY interested that I think it warrants discussion here in hot deals.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I'm hoping it's true. Russ McGuire is the e-mail address that most of used to open up the SERO accounts.

I'm hoping for a... (more)

Unraveled (Aug. 10, 2010 @ 3:31p) |

It's true. I was trying to TOL my SERO line and a Supervisor said the EVO will be SERO compatabile for a $10 upcharge.

danlieb (Aug. 15, 2010 @ 5:49p) |

For all you doubters:

This is directly from the FAQs on the Sprint EPRP site: http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/nxt/epc/epcl... (more)

fireballmonkey (Sep. 17, 2010 @ 3:46a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Brix have been shat.

Still a rumor with 25 pages worth of posts at Sprint Users forum....with original post going back to end of May

Hope this happens than not

Glad I still have that plan hanging around. My dad has been hounding me to upgrade the phone on that line for months. Guess Sprint is dying to hold on to as many users as possible.

WOW! What a deal!

Not to be a downer, but what sources where facts are present? Im a SERO customer but i am still holding my breath till i actually see evidence direct from Sprint regarding this. rbraden I personally appreciate your enthusiasm and i am certain may others do too but i would appreciate that this forum thread be used for facts and not speculation and believe that if this thread stays that the title should be edited to include the word "RUMOR".

Cheers!

yep heard the same from my brothers sisters girlfriend

I'm just guessing, but perhaps Sprint has come to the conclusion that after basically 2 years of SERO phone restrictions that only the die-hards are left on the plan. So by offering a $10 add-on (plus the $10 4G fee for applicable phones) they will at least be getting more from these customers than they would just trying to wait them out.

I like my $29 plan and will not pay $10 to give up my HTC TOUCH PRO 2.

Tempting. And I don't even have a TP2- still have a trusty Mogul, which does everything I need (Opera Mini, tethering, makes calls..) but development is drying/dried up.

I would be interested to read the fine print..

f2000sa said: I like my $29 plan and will not pay $10 to give up my HTC TOUCH PRO 2.

Um, in a couple years when they have a super-slim Android 4.0 phone, and you're still toting around the TP2...I think you might.

Aw damn, and I JUST bought a touch diamond off eBay last night! Well, I guess I can wait out android for a little whilel onger..

Hmmm... $10 extra? I dunno...

Would this apply to rest of the Fair n Flex and Free n Clear plans as well ? Because technicall SERO is a Fair n Flex, right ?

hasni said: Would this apply to rest of the Fair n Flex and Free n Clear plans as well ? Because technicall SERO is a Fair n Flex, right ?

Who knows. We're just gonna have to wait and see I guess.

I wonder how much they'll charge the phone? Will it be the discounted price or the full Mfr retail price.

rbraden said: ...not sure if my current corp. discount of 25% would apply as well...

I am on the SERO plan and after switching to a BB this Feb. (for extra $10 / mo.) I lost my corporate discount. I fought like no man has ever fought a company before: online chat, phone, e-mail, etc. Everyplace I went I was told that the corp. discount should never have been on my account in the first place, so it is impossible to get back.

I know that at Sprint the mantra has usually been, "Just keep calling, chatting, etc. until you get the answer you want." After I 30 attempts I began to believe them and lost my $7 / month discount.

Just an FYI for all.

I hope this is accurate

I heard the USSR is getting back together.

I'm not paying $10 extra to use Android.

so it's ten dollars for the new phones (and AMAT) and then ten MORE for 4G?

hasni said: Would this apply to rest of the Fair n Flex and Free n Clear plans as well ? Because technicall SERO is a Fair n Flex, right ?

According to what I have read this applies to all the old legacy plans

shaggs said: Not to be a downer, but what sources where facts are present? Im a SERO customer but i am still holding my breath till i actually see evidence direct from Sprint regarding this. rbraden I personally appreciate your enthusiasm and i am certain may others do too but i would appreciate that this forum thread be used for facts and not speculation and believe that if this thread stays that the title should be edited to include the word "RUMOR".

Cheers!

From what I read there have been multiple confirmations by reps and people in upper management including reading internal memos to customers asking about it confirming the upcoming change. However there has also been a lot of denial from reps too. What people believe to be true is that there was an internal memo of the events to come however the reps are still not allowed to publicly advertise is so some reps deny it and some reps just dont read their memos I guess..

I have been following this as well if anyone is wondering where I spoke from.

Upgraded to my SERO plan to the EVERYTHING plan. Cost me 59.99 a month (normally 69.99 and they only get 400 mins). Only get 500 mins but I use about 45 of those mins since everyone has a cell phone (Free unlimited cell to cell on any network). Got the moment for 99 bucks! Is it worth the $20 extra a month.. HELL YES!!! Google OS freaking ROCKS I have everything on my phone! And yes you can use it as a modem for free as well!!

wxforecaster said: Upgraded to my SERO plan to the EVERYTHING plan. Cost me 59.99 a month (normally 69.99 and they only get 400 mins). Only get 500 mins but I use about 45 of those mins since everyone has a cell phone (Free unlimited cell to cell on any network). Got the moment for 99 bucks! Is it worth the $20 extra a month.. HELL YES!!! Google OS freaking ROCKS I have everything on my phone! And yes you can use it as a modem for free as well!!

For some it is worth the extra $240 a year for a phone of your choice in addition to paying outright for the phone in the first place. For some it is not.

In my case moving from a $30 sero to a $69.99 - 27% corp discount + $10 evo tax more than doubles my monthly plan and is not worth it to me.

I have been on SERO for the past 3 years and love it.

I played with an android phone last weekend, and let me just say... the games, the games, oh the games!

Needless to say, I am happy to hear about this rumor.

Good to at least hear rumblings about this sort of thing. I just re-upped my SERO 500 plan and I'm currently rocking out a Palm Treo Pro running a WM 6.5 rom. I'd certainly have to think about the extra $10/mo but it's at least a good option, especially with the Evo out there (and who know's what is beyond that will utilize the android platform). As long as the data isn't capped or crippled I'll be happy.

tag1979 said: rbraden said: ...not sure if my current corp. discount of 25% would apply as well...

I am on the SERO plan and after switching to a BB this Feb. (for extra $10 / mo.) I lost my corporate discount. I fought like no man has ever fought a company before: online chat, phone, e-mail, etc. Everyplace I went I was told that the corp. discount should never have been on my account in the first place, so it is impossible to get back.

I know that at Sprint the mantra has usually been, "Just keep calling, chatting, etc. until you get the answer you want." After I 30 attempts I began to believe them and lost my $7 / month discount.

Just an FYI for all.

I renewed to HTC Pro 2 this past April...still getting 25% corporate discount on my SERO plan. The representative told me that I wasn't suppose to get both discounts but she didnt do anything to remove my corporate discount. Even if I don't get a corporate discount, I don't think $50 is a bad price for 4G plan. It's better than $80 minus 25% corporate discount.

BTW, I will be glad to trade in my HTC Pro 2 for Evo without any hesitiation. It's no brainer.

I used to be into sero, but gave up for the latest and greatest. I do have that sprint employee referral plan or whatever (new sero type plan)- the base for 1400 minutes with 2 family lines +unlimited everything is $109. More than my original sero but the new smart phones are slick and I use it so much more than I did with sero. Also I'm a 'premiere' member (spending more than $100 or so) so I get to upgrade my phone every year for the 2 year upgrade price . Certainly not the cheapest plan but I'm pleased!

I have had SERO for almost 4 years and got most of my family on it as well. I had to get my wife an simply everything plan because it was costing too much in overages every month (how is 3300 minutes a month even possible?). I now have the TP2 and like it pretty well. Development is coming along on getting android fully working on this phone and if they get a stable rom with BT, sound, etc. I'll probably stick with this phone. It is really a great phone for android, great display, all the right buttons, and full slide out KB (if you are into that kind of thing).

This would be great... I am running Android on my HTC Touch now with my $30 Sero... Love it. better battery life and all.

Monkeyshack said: This would be great... I am running Android on my HTC Touch now with my $30 Sero... Love it. better battery life and all.

Could you post links to the installation steps?

f2000sa said: I like my $29 plan and will not pay $10 to give up my HTC TOUCH PRO 2.

same here i got my unlimited everything for 27$ with tax

All the information can be found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=588

pietromoon said: yep heard the same from my brothers sisters girlfriend
Does she work for Sprint too?

a973352 said: pietromoon said: yep heard the same from my brothers sisters girlfriend
Does she work for Sprint too?

No she works at the bar where Dan Hesse usually crashes on the weekends

I just upgraded my 3 year old HTC touch to a pro II. I ended up getting it for $85 plus tax with no rebates to mail in. Oh, and I kept all my sero stuff. The phone was $199 minus $70 reup credit(easy to get) and When I send them my "old" touch, they will give me $44.14. I guess I could try to sell it, but it is in pretty rough shape

I will also probably try running android on my new touch pro II, but I have heard you have to boot it on your flash drive. Iv'e also heard they haven't gotten all the bugs out "yet", Ie. gps,camera and few other things. I haven't tried it, but will keep you posted if/when I do. I just can't see paying and extra $20 per month to sprint to run android.

I love my SERO plan. $30 a month no BS, unlimited text, data, free calls after 7pm. For a buck a day and used for personal use (I never use anywhere near the 500/mins/month I get) it's a no brainer. I also have a $175 phone credit available. Hmm.

Unfortunately, for those of us who are Nextel users, Sprint has decided that we need to pay extra to have our Direct Connect phones actually USE Direct Connect. I wanted to get a Motorola i1 and started to sign up for an Everything Plus (the successor to SERO) plan and found out that unless you subscribe to Simply Everything at $99/month, Direct Connect is going to cost you $5.00/month EXTRA. Considering Sprint does absolutely as little as it possibly can for Nextel subscribers, this is a huge slap in the face. SPRINT! PLEASE SELL NEXTEL AS SOON AS YOU CAN SO WE CAN BE DONE WITH YOUR IDIOCY!

Skipping 13 Messages...
For all you doubters:
What are the plan details of the new SERO Premium rate plans?
As of 10/1/10, there will be two SERO Premium plans available, SERO Premium 500 at $40/month and SERO Premium 1250 at $59.99/month. SERO Premium plans will match current SERO rate plans with two added features, Any Mobile Anytime and Unlimited GPS Navigation. SERO Premium rate plans will be compatible with all devices offered by Sprint. Only customers on a current SERO rate plan as of 10/1/10 will be able to swap to a SERO Premium rate plan. 4G handsets such as HTC EVO 4G and Samsung Epic 4G will also require the $10 Premium Data add-on.

This is directly from the FAQs on the Sprint EPRP site: http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/nxt/epc/epclanding.asp

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014