Time Warner Cable TWC existing customer

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
My first year with Time Warner is up and now that want to increase my rates by AT LEAST 50%! And this is coming from the retention department. Is there any way to keep your existing rate? I'm using a lot of their services including add ons such as digital cable, CVR, multiple boxes, turbo internet, sports tier, additional IP. You'd think those are the customers you'd want to keep.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

We cut the Time Warner cable about 5 years ago precisely for this reason. When we visited the local office to return their digital boxes, there was a line of people doing the same thing - like us, all switching to DirecTV, complaining about their lack of service, desire to keep customers happy.

Believe it or not, I had a senior rep from regional telesales call me and e-mail me within 24 hours, apologizing for the way the retention department treated me and they offered to maintain my rates for an additional 12 months. I was extremely pleased with the result and will continue to be a loyal TWC customer.

asherg said: Believe it or not, I had a senior rep from regional telesales call me and e-mail me within 24 hours, apologizing for the way the retention department treated me and they offered to maintain my rates for an additional 12 months. I was extremely pleased with the result and will continue to be a loyal TWC customer.

Keep the name, number of that rep, as you will need it when it is time for service - until TWC management finds their mistake, and fires the rep...

Actually, he asked me to keep his direct number and e-mail if I ever had anything come up. Trust me, compared to dealing with Comcast previously, this was a much better experience.

Hi asherg

I'm in the same boat. Would you care to share how the regional telesales person got to call you - did you threaten to disconnect? I just spoke to retention and they couldn't care less. Thanks in advance. I'm in Upstate NY.

I sent a nicely worded e-mail to the senior director of customer care in my region (down south) and got the phone call the next day. Good luck!

shank said: We cut the Time Warner cable about 5 years ago precisely for this reason. When we visited the local office to return their digital boxes, there was a line of people doing the same thing - like us, all switching to DirecTV, complaining about their lack of service, desire to keep customers happy.

DirecTV sounded like a good deal. Until one reads the fine print. Apparently they charge cancellation fees and after the promo period, the cost of a few of the "included" items go up.

Would you be able/willing to provide the name and contact information of the senior director of customer care that you spoke to? I too am in the same predicament. This past month Time Warner increased my rate by about 45% and I too have multiple services with the company. I just can't see any justification for paying 45% more per month for the same exact services. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I have tried calling Time Warner and have spoken to various associates in the Retention department and they have been anything but helpful. They are rude and give off a "I could care less attitude" attitude.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014