Staples, Does using Rewards Affect Rebates?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
So I'm planning on buying some of the FAR stuff with a reward check and some coupons. Does that affect my rebates or do I have to buy them with cash?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I find that using coupons/rewards checks generally affects rebates by making them more lucrative.

But will they not send me the rebate? I want to use 3 rewards checks and a $25/75 coupon. I used ejunkie so I don't know if it'll work?

sorry, in my original post, I had misunderstood the question - simple confusion in my mind between "rebates" and "rewards"

now that this is fixed, ignore the criticisms below.

NantucketSunrise said: using a rewards check for your purchases will negatively affect (and could cancel, in some situations) the rebates that you otherwise earn via qualifying purchases in this time period.

there are several previous threads that mention this - you can do a search for them to read about the details.

nantucket fixed his post. removed.

Nantucket is Nuttucket!! Sorry, that was bad.
I have done what you propose several times and I have always received the rebate check. My boss has done it several times too. I think you should be perfectly fine.

sorry, in my original post, I had misunderstood the question - simple confusion in my mind between "rebates" and "rewards"

now that this is fixed, ignore the criticisms below.

MISTERCHEAP said: NantucketSunrise said: using a rewards check for your purchases will negatively affect (and could cancel, in some situations) the rebates that you otherwise earn via qualifying purchases in this time period.

there are several previous threads that mention this - you can do a search for them to read about the details.

this post is absurd. this is simply not true. Rewards checks have NO EFFECT ON REBATE SUBMISSIONS WHATSOEVER.

Your posting up this nonsense, spreading misinformation is a joke.

Only REWARDS OFFERS can be negatively impacted by REWARDS CHECKS, not REBATE OFFERS!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014