• 140414243 44
  • Page
  • Text Only
PugRanch said:   There are two very important downsides to the $30 Tmobile plan. It doesn't roam on AT&T. This is a big deal. Also the plan doesn't include any free nights and weekends so the 100 voice minutes will be exhausted quickly. The Nexus 4 is outstanding. Just maybe find a better plan.

Oh really? I just know about the roaming issue... so this only applies to $30, or applies to all new plans?

Also yeah I agree 100 minutes is too less for me... I want to try voip (using cell data), but too many cons looks like...

Not sure, but I have the $30 prepaid plan and that's how it works. I'm probably going to switch.

anyone heard how Softbank acquiring Sprint might effect these plans? I still have my good old Sero 500 $30/month with an old HTC Touch (although I converted it to android and overclocked it), was planning on switching soon for the extra $20 a month so I could pick up a new phone. possibly the S4.

i have s4 on then 30 now 50 a month. 30+10+10.. working great, just renewed this month. Best buy had the phone for 199-50 instant so got it for 149.

Was BB offering the iPhone 5 with renewal on Sero (30+10+10)?

How did you make bestbuy upgrade for you? Very interested in your tips.

I went last week for HTC ONE. But the system shows that "dealer not allow to upgrade the account, please call custom service for upgrade..." after the clerk put in my phone number. I am on sero-p by the way.

h82lose said:   i have s4 on then 30 now 50 a month. 30+10+10.. working great, just renewed this month. Best buy had the phone for 199-50 instant so got it for 149.

[EDIT: included quote]

I also attempted to upgrade to a Samsung GS4 at a corporate Sprint store and they couldn't do it either. I had upgraded to Sero+P+P prior to going. Had to eventually buy my phone through Sprint.com.

You can definitely upgrade at a corporate Sprint store. I did it a few weeks ago and upgraded to the HTC ONE. The store had to put me in a different plan termporarily to update to the new phone, then they had to call the mothership to change my account back to SERO.

HI

Im a Sero plan customer.† How much did they charge you for a HTC One?† They want 200 bucks from me.

I had the 30$ 500 min Sero plan until the last two touch pros that I bought used died on me in 2 yrs. I went up and looked how much I actually used in terms of data and minutes. Made the switch to Ting which is a Sprint MVNO. Bought a used S2 †in pristine condition for 100$ and my bill is about 10 bucks less than what I used to pay, 500 min, 100 texts and 100 MB internet.

†I feel you. I want the HTC Windows 8 phone. I was thinking of moving to Ting but I call Mexico and use data far too often. Will they give me a hard time when I try to upgrade ?

Don't think I can stay on the $30 plan much longer due to crappy phones.

Is there a "best" phone that would be $40, or is everything pretty much $50 now?

EDIT: †Can Android be installed on a TP2? †I can't deal with Win6.5 anymore.

therivler1 said:   Don't think I can stay on the $30 plan much longer due to crappy phones.

Is there a "best" phone that would be $40, or is everything pretty much $50 now?

† yes.. search for "xdandroid".. but so far from my trials, the most stable one is froyo (android 2.2)...

therivler1 said:   Don't think I can stay on the $30 plan much longer due to crappy phones.

† Had a friend on the $40 plan and he wanted a physical keyboard so he tried the Motorola Admiral (because Sprint told him it was $40/month still) and he went to activate it and they said its $50. He ended up returning it and got the Motorola XPRT from eBay which he successfully activated on the $40 SERO Premium plan.

The list of $40/month phones seems to be getting shorter and shorter, I ended up just upgrading to a Galaxy s4 and have to deal with the fact that I'm stuck with $50/month plan I love the phone though, way better than my LG Marquee. And I was expecting no 4G service in my area but seems like its spotty 4G (considering my initial expectations I'm happy for now).

I have the HTC Arrive ($40 a month). †Decent phone, physical keyboard. I like it, but remember i'm an old guy who came up from one of the crappy $30 phones. †My kids had TP2's and I saw how that phone drove them ape (and me too, since the TP2s crapped out all the time, requiring replacements).....so I didn't bother with that one.

So can I upgrade at BestBuy or Amazon anymore or am I SOL and have to use Sprint to upgrade ?

SuperCalo2K said:   So can I upgrade at BestBuy or Amazon anymore or am I SOL and have to use Sprint to upgrade ?
† I tried at Best Buy and they wouldn't do it, my previous upgrade (almost 2 years ago) I did at Best Buy without any problems so they must have changed it and now you have to use Sprint

So I called Employee care and they changed my plan to Sero-P from my original $30 SERO 500, although he said Telesales would add the $10 for the 4G data. Does this sound right?† Also can I instead order the phone through Amazon because I have Prime for free shipping and its $150 + $61 tax for the Galaxy S4?

Sprint Telesales will only give me it for $250 + a $50 rebate (wait six weeks for) + pay $12 shipping + tax (their base price is higher than Amazon making tax $79 instead of $61 at Amazon).† So something like $341 before I get the rebate 6-8weeks later.† so that just sucks.†† Seems to be mixed responses in the thread, but some are pretty old.

You can only get your phone through Sprint Corporate Store or Tele-sales if you are on Sero.

Seems the HTC Arrive is best for me †(from Touch Pro II) to go from $30 to $40. However there is some problem with Windows Phone 7.5/7.8 and getting Gmail pushed to the Arrive's email. Anyone know a fix for that? Battle between Google & MS I believe.

First I'll say I really enjoyed using the HTC Arrive while I had it.. I finally upgraded this past month to the Note 3 when it came out... I was one of the poor idiots who believed the liars at Sprint when they promised over and over it would support LTE at 800 + 1900 mhz... I was actually told via Twitter, web chat, over the phone, and in person at the Sprint store... Idiots and liars, all of them!

Anyways, I never had or have a problem with it pushing my gmail + hotmail to my phone, and I used the combined inbox to have both in 1 nice easy place to read... There is an ongoing feud with microsoft+google, but that, i believe, extends more to contacts, searching the inbox, and a few other things... but I still have an Arrive that I HSPL unlocked and installed a custom ROM on, and it receives all my emails fine still while it's on WIFI... It can't over the cellular network since it's no longer active..

At times I regret moving on from the Arrive, as it's a really nice device.. I'm just pissed at microsoft since they don't support it for crap and it doesn't get many apps† supported... They're working to push everyone to Windows 8.x,† and the ROM scene isn't what it used to be.. It would also help if Sprint could work with manufacturers to get their network supported by the better WP devices out there (Nokia)...

I ended up pulling the trigger on the LG G2. I called them and they are mailing it out. Seems like a good deal at $50 + California double taxation. Its a way bigger than I am used to or like but it was a better deal than the 8XT and I can use it as a remote on my LG HTIB. The rep at the SERO line knew what she was saying and quite nice.

For other Sero customers...Has anyone been able to get a phone at a great price other than their standard upgrade of 2 years? I had Galaxy 3 for a year and now can't get new phone that makes it worth staying with Sprint just to keep Sero....not a great deal if you can't use it! I can rarely use data anymore without using WIFI and ready to jump to a no contract phone plan.
Sprint used to give early upgrades to try to hang on to customers but I think those days are long gone.. Too bad I liked Sprint and had no reception problems before the past 18 months or so...it's like they can't drive customers away fast enough the way they refuse to improve anything...look at Consumer Reports! Last in every metro!

krysnik said:   For other Sero customers...Has anyone been able to get a phone at a great price other than their standard upgrade of 2 years? I had Galaxy 3 for a year and now can't get new phone that makes it worth staying with Sprint just to keep Sero....not a great deal if you can't use it! I can rarely use data anymore without using WIFI and ready to jump to a no contract phone plan.
Sprint used to give early upgrades to try to hang on to customers but I think those days are long gone.. Too bad I liked Sprint and had no reception problems before the past 18 months or so...it's like they can't drive customers away fast enough the way they refuse to improve anything...look at Consumer Reports! Last in every metro!

† Are you sure it's the phone, over the Sprint network that might have been getting overloaded and becoming slower over time? I finally switched to T-Mobile after years of sticking with Sprint due to the cheap sero plans and it's like night and day in difference on what I can do now in terms of data.

I was hoping being on Sprint's LTE with my 5S would be a big improvement, but it hasn't been. I will give Sprint a bit more time to see if the new Japanese parent company will invest in their network (perhaps via a merger per the rumors). Otherwise, I'm switching once contract is up, despite SERO.

HI

They had a great deal on Black Friday for Sero members.† They had to Lg Optimus G2 for 49.99 and the Motorola Moto X for free.††I got fired a week before so I passed.† Im thinking about Tmobile.
Sprint data is just too slow.† AT&T lowered their prices. Might want to check them out.†

krysnik said:   For other Sero customers...Has anyone been able to get a phone at a great price other than their standard upgrade of 2 years? I had Galaxy 3 for a year and now can't get new phone that makes it worth staying with Sprint just to keep Sero....not a great deal if you can't use it! I can rarely use data anymore without using WIFI and ready to jump to a no contract phone plan.

††
I wanted to chime in on Sprint's service. It has SUCKED and has SUCKED for many years for me, getting progressively worse up until recently when my area started getting Network Vision upgrades and LT, just depends on whether your area has been upgraded yet or not. Whether it's worth playing the waiting game depends solely on you I suppose.

With the Network Vision upgrades, the hardware at each site is being completely overhauled which adds capacity, speed and coverage.
Prior to the upgrades, Sprint only had one frequency 1900MHz.
They have already gained 800MHz (former Nextel band which got shut down last year) and will also add 2500MHz LTE (not the same as 2500MHz Wimax).
Existing 1900MHz (voice/3G/LTE) will get better thanks to the upgrades.
800MHz voice/LTE will provide better coverage for newer devices that support 800MHz, if deployed in that area.
2500MHz LTE deployment will add additional speed for newer devices that support 2500MHz, if deployed in that area.†

That said, big question is WHEN will everything be done. It should not get worse, just better but be prepared for some hiccups. When they were upgrading around my area, I would drop calls constantly due to old towers not being able to "transfer" calls to the upgraded towers, that took about 1-2 months and now, service is better for me than before. There are still pockets where service is poor because the towers in that area have yet to be upgraded.

Not all is roses though, I was excited when SVDO (simultaneous voice over data) and SVLTE (simultaneous voice over LTE) rolled out couple of years ago.
However, SVDO/SVLTE devices (Galaxy S3, HTC One) were phased †out for SVLTE only (Galaxy S4 original, Moto X), which will then phase out SVLTE completely when tri-band LTE devices (Nexus 5, S4 tri-band) roll out.
Not sure why Sprint is doing this because I think being able to talk while having a data connection (hotspot / GPS / etc) is a great feature but time will tell ... maybe voice will be done over data down the road, I'm not sure on that part.

zacksmith said:   HI

They had a great deal on Black Friday for Sero members.† They had to Lg Optimus G2 for 49.99 and the Motorola Moto X for free.††I got fired a week before so I passed.† Im thinking about Tmobile.
Sprint data is just too slow.† AT&T lowered their prices. Might want to check them out.†

† Oh Crap I missed it and that's the phone I wanted to get! †I would be very surprised if it was for mid contract as well. †as for the first reply I meant Sprint is the problem...my phone was stolen which is why I need another...not because I thought the phone was the main issue (ok well partly I hated it and wanted to hurl it at the wall daily but it was probably half phone and half Sprint sucky service

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014