• 14 5 67844
  • Page
  • Text Only
xPoopsicles said: For those who are choosing to stick with the $30 plan and their TP2's, I'd seriously recommend overclocking your phone. It's dead easy to get it around 750mhz, and is a completely transformed phone. Everything is basically instant, no lag.

Info


dont forget the whole phone will heat up and warrenty is voiddddddddddddd

i overclocked my droid 1(stock 550mhz) all the way to 1200mhz (it works for about 2 hrs then the phone restarted because it was reaching 55 degrees C)

how much does that affect your battery at that point

xPoopsicles said: For those who are choosing to stick with the $30 plan and their TP2's, I'd seriously recommend overclocking your phone. It's dead easy to get it around 750mhz, and is a completely transformed phone. Everything is basically instant, no lag.

Info


Do you have a link to the program you're using? I couldn't figure out what was going on in that thread.

I had been under the impression that the overclocking program on these phones only works while you're plugged in?

Are there any Evos even available? I've been to 3 stores and none have them in stock. Online is sold out as well.

Any word on when new stock will come?

EconoWallet said: Are there any Evos even available? I've been to 3 stores and none have them in stock. Online is sold out as well.

Any word on when new stock will come?


There are RSS feeds that auto-update when they come into stock, although I don't think they have had any for awhile. My office mate was able to snag one at BB when they came in; she just kept looking at bb.com and found one within a couple of days, so that is where I would look as I think they get them in quite often. They are hard to find in the stores and usually sell out quickly when they do come in, but since you have to wait until October to take advantage of this they will probably have plenty of supply then.

swintec said: webender said: Really? sorry, a friend who signed up near the end was complaining to me about a ton of extra changes for checking email when he was roaming.
I based the lack of free roaming on his complaints.


If he doesnt have roaming it should be a simple call in to get it added assuming he gets someone who knows what they are doing.


Free voice roaming is included. Are you saying that free data roaming is included as well?

CommunistJack said: xPoopsicles said: For those who are choosing to stick with the $30 plan and their TP2's, I'd seriously recommend overclocking your phone. It's dead easy to get it around 750mhz, and is a completely transformed phone. Everything is basically instant, no lag.

Info


dont forget the whole phone will heat up and warrenty is voiddddddddddddd

i overclocked my droid 1(stock 550mhz) all the way to 1200mhz (it works for about 2 hrs then the phone restarted because it was reaching 55 degrees C)


It actually doesn't get hot, I can feel no noticeable difference in temperature or battery life. I doubt it voids your warranty, and the program I use automatically lowers the processor speed when you turn off the screen. I have mine set to 768 when it's running and 610 when the screens off. I've never had my phone crash on me yet.



TheSaint said:

Do you have a link to the program you're using? I couldn't figure out what was going on in that thread.

I had been under the impression that the overclocking program on these phones only works while you're plugged in?



Here's the specific info.
And no, with the TP2 it doesn't need to be plugged in.

Will the Blackberry bold 9650 work on the SERO blackberry plan? I just recently had to upgrade my plan to the everything plus to get the bold.

therivler1 said: swintec said: webender said: Really? sorry, a friend who signed up near the end was complaining to me about a ton of extra changes for checking email when he was roaming.
I based the lack of free roaming on his complaints.


If he doesnt have roaming it should be a simple call in to get it added assuming he gets someone who knows what they are doing.


Free voice roaming is included. Are you saying that free data roaming is included as well?


I roam on data quite a bit and it is included for me and everyone else.

swintec said: therivler1 said: swintec said: webender said: Really? sorry, a friend who signed up near the end was complaining to me about a ton of extra changes for checking email when he was roaming.
I based the lack of free roaming on his complaints.


If he doesnt have roaming it should be a simple call in to get it added assuming he gets someone who knows what they are doing.


Free voice roaming is included. Are you saying that free data roaming is included as well?


I roam on data quite a bit and it is included for me and everyone else.


That's not been my experience: I have free unlimited roaming for calls (i.e., no extra charges for roaming), but if I don't have a Sprint signal, I can't use data services like internet or email at all. I couldn't even if I wanted to... I just get an error message that data services are not available. Maybe some email software programs bypass this, hence roaming email charges for some... but if you are getting unlimited free data roaming on SERO I'd keep to myself in case big brother is watching 'cause I don't think that it is part of the plan.

fivetalents said: swintec said: therivler1 said: swintec said: webender said: Really? sorry, a friend who signed up near the end was complaining to me about a ton of extra changes for checking email when he was roaming.
I based the lack of free roaming on his complaints.


If he doesnt have roaming it should be a simple call in to get it added assuming he gets someone who knows what they are doing.


Free voice roaming is included. Are you saying that free data roaming is included as well?


I roam on data quite a bit and it is included for me and everyone else.


That's not been my experience: I have free unlimited roaming for calls (i.e., no extra charges for roaming), but if I don't have a Sprint signal, I can't use data services like internet or email at all. I couldn't even if I wanted to... I just get an error message that data services are not available. Maybe some email software programs bypass this, hence roaming email charges for some... but if you are getting unlimited free data roaming on SERO I'd keep to myself in case big brother is watching 'cause I don't think that it is part of the plan.


Weird. I thought it was the norm. I even tether during power outages to get my internet access and the source of it is Verizon and US Cellular at times. No one else has data access when roaming?

I also have roaming data included. I signed up for my SERO in May 2008. Roam onto Verizon when at the river and have even forced the roamin in a few spots where Sprint has had spotty reception. Never seen an increase in my bill. I seem to remember someone telling me 300mb a month roaming was the cap. I rarely use that much even on Sprint's network.

yeah, i've always gotten free data roaming on sero. (i have the 500min/$30 plan). i'm pretty sure it's standard on any data plan these days.

I've never gotten any data roaming period with my SERO plan. I don't think the plan has anything to do with it (except whether or not it's free). I'm pretty sure if you don't get data roaming, it's a problem with the phone and something about the PRL they push to that model phone.

I worked in Canada for a couple years and it turned out to be cheaper just to add Canada roaming instead of get a Canadian cell phone. I spent many hours talking with Sprint reps trying to get data roaming to work. I verified with other Sprint customers that they had gotten data roaming to work in the region of Canada I was in. I didn't even care if it was free - I was willing to pay them per kB if they could just get it working. They tried just about everything, but never got it to work. The only thing we didn't try was change my phone to a different model.

can't wait until oct... anyone have/try the moto i1? how is it?


Sero (46.64kB)
Disclaimer
Additional proof that this seems to be for real

Hi, so glad I found this forum. I've been e-mailing sprint about what smartphones I could upgrade to without changing my plan.
I agree that CSR's don't know squat. First, they told me that any phone except a list of 5 that included 3 samsungs, Htc hero and another google one.When I replied saying that then I was going to get the Evo or a blackberry, I knew that this was not possible, then they wrote back giving me a list of 6 phones I could upgrade to, no smartphones, only flip phones...I wrote them back asking for smartphones, its been almost a week with no reply....so much for CS..
Anyways, on the last email she told me I was SERO plan, this is the 1st time I've heard that. I pay $100 for 2000 min, unlimited data, text, m2m shared within 3 lines. Is there anyway to find out if I'm Sero, like on the website or my bill. I would like to know to see if I'll qualify for this. Needless to say, even though the CSR said I was, I don't trust them.

Sooooo I have the 1250min Sero plan for $50.. If I want an EVO I'm gonna end up paying $70/month?? ($10 for premium + $10 for 4G) If so screw that..

xPoopsicles said: CommunistJack said: xPoopsicles said: For those who are choosing to stick with the $30 plan and their TP2's, I'd seriously recommend overclocking your phone. It's dead easy to get it around 750mhz, and is a completely transformed phone. Everything is basically instant, no lag.

Info


dont forget the whole phone will heat up and warrenty is voiddddddddddddd

i overclocked my droid 1(stock 550mhz) all the way to 1200mhz (it works for about 2 hrs then the phone restarted because it was reaching 55 degrees C)


It actually doesn't get hot, I can feel no noticeable difference in temperature or battery life. I doubt it voids your warranty, and the program I use automatically lowers the processor speed when you turn off the screen. I have mine set to 768 when it's running and 610 when the screens off. I've never had my phone crash on me yet.



TheSaint said:

Do you have a link to the program you're using? I couldn't figure out what was going on in that thread.

I had been under the impression that the overclocking program on these phones only works while you're plugged in?



Here's the specific info.
And no, with the TP2 it doesn't need to be plugged in.


I overclocked my TP2 as well to about 690, just follow the instructions carefully and install the program to your memory card as overclocking too high can freeze your phone. I am using the energy cookie Rom and there is a definite performance increase.

Can someone confirm that I'm understanding the upgrade correctly? I would like to upgrade to the Blackberry curve. I am currently on the $30 Sero plan. To use the curve I will have to upgrade and change my plan from $30 to $40?

kewtree said: Can someone confirm that I'm understanding the upgrade correctly? I would like to upgrade to the Blackberry curve. I am currently on the $30 Sero plan. To use the curve I will have to upgrade and change my plan from $30 to $40?

Yes it would then be a $40 plan with a Blackberry on SERO. For current SERO Blackberry users it is a total of $$0 as well ($30 SERO + $10 BIS).

Is anyone else picking up the Epic on launch day tomorrow? Are you going to simply hold off on activating it until 10/1? Are we going to have to pay full price or can we start a new contract without activating a phone?

binciong said: Is anyone else picking up the Epic on launch day tomorrow? Are you going to simply hold off on activating it until 10/1? Are we going to have to pay full price or can we start a new contract without activating a phone?

There's no need to complicate things any more than necessary, so I'm just going to wait until after 10/1.

If you wanted to get one on launch day, I'm pretty sure you'd just have to buy one and not activate it, which would mean fronting up the full retail price ($450 or whatever it is), then you could return/rebuy it on or after 10/1 and get the $249.99 price along with activating it and signing a new 2 yr contract.

so anyone know if this will apply to Nextel? Would I be able to transfer my SERO to Sprint?

rbraden said: binciong said: Is anyone else picking up the Epic on launch day tomorrow? Are you going to simply hold off on activating it until 10/1? Are we going to have to pay full price or can we start a new contract without activating a phone?

There's no need to complicate things any more than necessary, so I'm just going to wait until after 10/1.

If you wanted to get one on launch day, I'm pretty sure you'd just have to buy one and not activate it, which would mean fronting up the full retail price ($450 or whatever it is), then you could return/rebuy it on or after 10/1 and get the $249.99 price along with activating it and signing a new 2 yr contract.


Yeah I thought about waiting but my concern is how long we'd have to wait to get one in October. With the HTC Evo they got back ordered right away and I've heard that there are still people who got on the wait list right after the launch that still haven't gotten their phones (meaning there are now even more people trying to get an Epic). If it's a matter of waiting a couple more weeks (mid-October) then that's fine but I really don't want to wait til Xmas or beyond.

I am trying to find out about the return policy and if it's more than 30 days then I'll go for that option.

Yes, $40 total for anything cool NOT 4G, $50 for anything cool with 4G.

it's such love and hate with Sprint. can't be happier with sero, but why would they ship a brand new 4g phone with Android 2.1? no wonder they're losing market..

aeioujk said: it's such love and hate with Sprint. can't be happier with sero, but why would they ship a brand new 4g phone with Android 2.1? no wonder they're losing market..

Maybe because Samsung couldnt customize 2.2 before launch?? Samsung is slow with software updates.

aeioujk said: it's such love and hate with Sprint. can't be happier with sero, but why would they ship a brand new 4g phone with Android 2.1? no wonder they're losing market..

As opposed to all those other phones that have shipped with 2.2 lately. And those phones are????

Being a hater is so much more fun when you don't let the facts get in the way, isn't it?

Wife who is on a blackberry got this letter today..

Dear Subscriber,

During a recent audit, it has come to our attention that your account was set up in error.

Our records show that you are using a BlackBerry smartphone but are not being charged for BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS), a required $10 per month service for BlackBerry smartphones.

Effective with your October bill period, you will be migrated to a SERO Premium rate plan and your current monthly rate charge will increase $10 per month. You new premium rate plan will include BIS, as well as the added value of Any Mobile, Anytime and unlimited GPS Navigation.

We hope you enjoy these additional features. With Any Mobile, Anytime, you will have the freedom of calling any wireless phone in the U.S., regardless of carrier at any time while on the Sprint Network.

If you have any questions about this change, please email everythingreferral@sprint.com.

Thank you,

Sprint

rbraden said: aeioujk said: it's such love and hate with Sprint. can't be happier with sero, but why would they ship a brand new 4g phone with Android 2.1? no wonder they're losing market..

As opposed to all those other phones that have shipped with 2.2 lately. And those phones are????

Being a hater is so much more fun when you don't let the facts get in the way, isn't it?


bro, my cube mate just loaded 2.2 onto hid old daddy moto droid though still screaming about that fact that it didn't fix the active directory security signin issue. droid 2, couple of other htc phones.. even EVO will be i believe and here we expect ppl make a big fuzz about the launch of epic with 2.1?? u don't have to be sarcastic about this, i said that i love my sero plan but, well maybe a little to strong word of 'hate' per say, just can't fathom many of their marketing moves...

aeioujk said: rbraden said: aeioujk said: it's such love and hate with Sprint. can't be happier with sero, but why would they ship a brand new 4g phone with Android 2.1? no wonder they're losing market..

As opposed to all those other phones that have shipped with 2.2 lately. And those phones are????

Being a hater is so much more fun when you don't let the facts get in the way, isn't it?


bro, my cube mate just loaded 2.2 onto hid old daddy moto droid though still screaming about that fact that it didn't fix the active directory security signin issue. droid 2, couple of other htc phones.. even EVO will be i believe and here we expect ppl make a big fuzz about the launch of epic with 2.1?? u don't have to be sarcastic about this, i said that i love my sero plan but, well maybe a little to strong word of 'hate' per say, just can't fathom many of their marketing moves...


That is not what you said first, none of those phones SHIPPED with 2.2 which is what you complained about. All of those are being updated after the fact.

swintec said: aeioujk said: rbraden said: aeioujk said: it's such love and hate with Sprint. can't be happier with sero, but why would they ship a brand new 4g phone with Android 2.1? no wonder they're losing market..

As opposed to all those other phones that have shipped with 2.2 lately. And those phones are????

Being a hater is so much more fun when you don't let the facts get in the way, isn't it?


bro, my cube mate just loaded 2.2 onto hid old daddy moto droid though still screaming about that fact that it didn't fix the active directory security signin issue. droid 2, couple of other htc phones.. even EVO will be i believe and here we expect ppl make a big fuzz about the launch of epic with 2.1?? u don't have to be sarcastic about this, i said that i love my sero plan but, well maybe a little to strong word of 'hate' per say, just can't fathom many of their marketing moves...


That is not what you said first, none of those phones SHIPPED with 2.2 which is what you complained about. All of those are being updated after the fact.

His point was perfectly clear, and if you want to parse words, several phones have started shipping with Android 2.2 lately. Who gives a damn what they shipped with at launch--the point is, they're shipping with Android 2.2 today. So when phones older than the Epic are shipping with Android 2.2, it's somewhat disappointing to stand in line for a phone that launches a step behind in that department on day one.

Still no confirmation on whether this applies to non-SERO legacy plans? (i.e. free & clear, fair & flexible)

I just spoke with a rep that handles SERO plans.....

It is official as of Oct 1...

Any of the SERO plans that want a smartphone (android) will be an additional $10.... ALL..again ALL even the simply everything plan will be an additional $10 if there is a 4g phone. So I confirmed with the rep that the total increase of my SERO plan would be $20/month just to get a android phone with 4g....

I considered the simply everything plan but the rep also said it would be an addition $10 if the phone has 4g.... The kicker, it still doesn't include insurance incase you lose your phone.. All said and done... $99 simply everything + $10 4g(if the phone you pick has 4g) + $7 insurance + appx $12-14 tax... ouch.........

I'm now trying to decide between staying on Sero or going on the family plan with my wife who currently pays $70 for the Everything Plus as she has a HTC Evo 4G. Her $70 + $50 for me on SERO comes out to $120 which is the same as the family plan using the employee referral. We would get 1600 combined minutes with the family plan versus getting 500 each if we remain on Everything Plus and SERO but we never use that many so it's not much of a factor. What else should I consider before deciding whether to give up SERO?

binciong said: I'm now trying to decide between staying on Sero or going on the family plan with my wife who currently pays $70 for the Everything Plus as she has a HTC Evo 4G. Her $70 + $50 for me on SERO comes out to $120 which is the same as the family plan using the employee referral. We would get 1600 combined minutes with the family plan versus getting 500 each if we remain on Everything Plus and SERO but we never use that many so it's not much of a factor. What else should I consider before deciding whether to give up SERO?

Unlimited Roaming (if you got in while that was offered)
Unlimited Data Roaming (if you got in while that was offered)

Is the "unlimited data" with SERO better then the other "unlimited data"? Not sure on that one.

Anyone else get told by a csr that the $30 price point is going away altogether? I was told that won't be an option anymore...

I thought i was on the Sero plan but now found out i am on fair and flexible but still payign the same as sero and have the same features. Am i eligible for this plan upgrade

averageguy said: I thought i was on the Sero plan but now found out i am on fair and flexible but still payign the same as sero and have the same features. Am i eligible for this plan upgrade

I think Sprint calls the SERO plan "fair and flexible". When I log into my account, that's what it says. If you signed up for the $30 SERO plan, then that's almost certainly what you have, even if they're telling you it's called something else.

  • Archived From: ForumsDeal Discussion

  • 14 5 67844
  • Page


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014