• 1 2 34544
  • Page
  • Text Only
Coop1979 said: Once you use Android you'll realize how antiquated WinMo really is. I'm looking forward to picking up my 2nd EVO. For $50 it's a steal.

Ditto. Gave up a TP with WinMo 6.5 and moved to an Evo a few months ago. Pissed that I didn't hold out longer, but LOVE my Android OS. For those still using WinMo, go to the Sprint store and play with Android for a few minutes and you'll be sold...

I'm just not "phone cool"....my LG Lotus Elite and the old $30 plan will still be fine.

How'd you get a TP2 free? Even my LG was $30 (with a $50 rebate). Thought the TP2 was near $200?

good job Russ!

I have a $30 Free and Clear plan that I am hoping they lets upgrade as well. I would gladly pay up to $20 more for a better phone - just getting tired of my Treo Pro. If not, will just cancel all together as I am out of contract and will just stick to the work Blackberry.

1. I love my SERO plan

2. Super happy with my TP2

3. Tried Android, but I am not sure if it is as stable as Winmo in the apps I use for work (Outlook, Excel,Word and pdf/Adobe viewer)

I love my TP2. All I use it for is
(1) Watch YouTube videos while commuting or waiting for anything. For some reason I like the screen a lot and feel that it is better than new phones. I don't know why.
(2) Browsing using Opera Mobile browser. This browser is awesome.
(3) Bing as Traffic enabled GPS. This is my favorite as it saves me considerable amount of time while driving around the town.

Only thing I'm missing is some fancy apps.
I average about 3GB of Data each month.

Don't upgrade without getting it in writing! This seems like a trick to get you to upgrade and them make mistakes and then not allow you back onto old SERO Plan. BE VERY WARY!

I'm sticking to my SERO plan until I die. There is no point in upgrading and I can always change the # and give the phone to a family member IF I wanted to upgrade to an unlimited plan, switch to AT&T, Verizon, etc... Which... I may do if Sprint doesn't get the iPhone in 2011.

With the amount of signups under his name and ideas like this, I'm surprised he's still only vice president of strategy.

I believe "i-conic" is the best description for dunces who shell out $10/month for the privilege of carrying around a Sprint ad placed on the device's faceplate.

But enjoy them while you can, Apple will soon copyright this word for a future conic iPhony.

Rax said: I went from Windows 6.5 to Android, then back to Win 6.1. I can't stand Android. The only advantage Android had was tons more fart and jiggle apps.

So much of the Android experience is hardware. My bro is running Android on his Touch Diamond and the experience is nothing like it is on my EVO. But to each their own. My bro has an iPhone for work so I'm guessing he won't be upgrading.

I purchased my TP2 off of Craigslist. Saved a bundle and am still not under contract, in preparation for this possibility. However, I find I have no interest in this, as I use my unlocked TP2 on other providers and often travel overseas. With my discount, I pay about $24 a month for a very loaded plan and can carry one phone and a SIM or two when needed. Can't do that with EVO or Epic and the cost would nearly double.

CambodianBeast said: The $30 Sprint SERO plan already includes text messaging... now it's one of the highlights for the "new and more expensive" SERO plan? The $30 SERO plan also includes unlimited data, and that's not even discussed under this new $40 plan.

Proceed with care, or you may end up paying more for less.

The $30 Sprint SERO plan does not already include text messaging. If you got it, it was added on free of charge or you have a newer version of SERO.

rbraden said: jkimcpa said: Well eff me, I gave up my $30 SERO plan last year for the Hero.

You can always buy one on eBay.

I wonder if the prices are going up. Can you buy futures for the SERO plans

CambodianBeast said: The $30 Sprint SERO plan already includes text messaging... now it's one of the highlights for the "new and more expensive" SERO plan? The $30 SERO plan also includes unlimited data, and that's not even discussed under this new $40 plan.

It's a good cautionary note but remember that not all SERO plans include free text messaging. Early SERO plans do not include text messaging. Sprint subsequently upgraded SERO by including free text messaging at no additional charge and allowed those of us on the old SERO plans to have text messaging added at no additional charge. My wife and I took advantage of this, as did countless other SERO users, but I have no doubt that not all SERO customers knew about it. Hence, the reason that not all SERO users have it on their plans.

If you upgrade, I wonder what will happen to some of your current plan features. For instance, my wife and I both have free nights starting at 6pm, instead of the 7pm that comes with standard plans. That's an extra $10/month, which is automatically credited to our bills every month. I also get another $5/month credit from Sprint on my plan. I wonder how we can confirm that if we switch to the new "premium" SERO plan, all these credits will continue to be applied.

P.S.
By the way, the "old" SERO plan also has free nights starting at 9pm, whereas the next generation SERO plan has free nights starting at 7pm. Under the old SERO plan, overage minutes were cheaper, however.

horsep0wer said: CambodianBeast said: The $30 Sprint SERO plan already includes text messaging... now it's one of the highlights for the "new and more expensive" SERO plan? The $30 SERO plan also includes unlimited data, and that's not even discussed under this new $40 plan.

The $30 Sprint SERO plan does not already include text messaging. If you got it, it was added on free of charge or you have a newer version of SERO.

Maybe not all, but lots of them do. I'd bet it's most. Mine certainly does.

Interesting - I'm going to subscribe to this and see how everything plays out.

Oh, how wonderful! We get to pay 33% more per month for android!

FYI:
It has become VERY hard to TOL a SERO line. I got rid of my second one and basically it took at least a dozen calls to do it.
I wouldn't buy from eBay right now, unless it is a great seller that will refund your money.

MrNovember said: Oh, how wonderful! We get to pay 33% more per month for android!

Would you rather them continue to not allow certain phones on the SERO plan at all? I am all for this new plan.

Yippee! My Palm Centro (2.66 yrs old) has been on it's last legs for a while and I've been holding out for good upgrade opportunity. I hated to ditch the SERO plan to get a better phone, but I'm willing to pay an extra $10-$20 for a modern phone.

Thanks to OP for bringing this to our attention. Waiting for October is going to be like waiting for Christmas morning.

TheSaint said: Coming October 1, Sprint is going to start having an optional $10 buyup, that allows Android phones and WebOS phones on old SERO plans. Thus $30 SERO plan becomes $40 SERO with "iconic" devices plan. People on $40 SERO Blackberry plans will automatically be upgraded, and Blackberries will no longer be available on $30 SERO plans. That part is what bugs me, since I'm still on $30 SERO with a Curve. When I log into the Sprint website, it says it can't tell what phone I'm using. I don't use Blackberry services now, don't want to pay $10 more.

I could get a TP2 in anticipation of being changed over, but that extends me 2 years and the eBay prices for new ones are basically the same as Sprint's. Any other phone I could get with SERO that would be worth something if sold, assuming I can keep the Blackberry with the $30 plan? I also have a Treo as a backup, but I prefer the Curve.

My friends are trying out Virgin's $25 plan with unlimited text and data, and if I'm forced from SERO I'll probably head there or PagePlus.

Is it still possible to sign up for a SERO plan? If so can someone provide a link?

I think you read it wrong. I read it to mean that if you currently pay $30+10 for blackberry usage you can change to any phone starting Oct 1. So in your case you pay $30 for use of a phone that happens to be a blackberry (that doesn't include the $10 for BB services). You can either do nothing and keep paying $30, or pay $10 more and get the option to have an android, or other smartphone.

suavejazz said: Is it still possible to sign up for a SERO plan? If so can someone provide a link?
NO

Stubtify said: I think you read it wrong. I read it to mean that if you currently pay $30+10 for blackberry usage you can change to any phone starting Oct 1. So in your case you pay $30 for use of a phone that happens to be a blackberry (that doesn't include the $10 for BB services). You can either do nothing and keep paying $30, or pay $10 more and get the option to have an android, or other smartphone.That's exactly right. If you elect to go to the $40 plan, you'll also get "any mobile, any time" and Sprint GPS and Sprint TV. The problem is, once you are on the $40 plan, you will never be able to go back to the $30 plan. Right now, if you are on the $30 plan with a $10 BIS upgrade so you can use Blackberry, you can always drop the BIS and still enjoy your $30 plan. This will no longer be possible after October 1.

I would assume that if you elect to go to EVO for $50/month, if you subsequently decide to get rid of EVO and go back to 3G, you will have the option of doing that and will just keep paying $40/month (no going back to the $30/month SERO). It'd be nice to get a confirmation of this from Sprint.

It'd also be nice to get a confirmation that those of us with various additional perks, such as free 6pm nights and $5/month off features that I have on my plan will keep those if we upgrade to the $40 or $50 plan.

I am wondering if I will be able to keep my "200 bonus minutes" that was applied by a CSR when I signed up for SERO because if not that might be a deal breaker for me since I use just over 500 a month and the extra 200 keeps me from paying anything.

FYI, latest updates from Russ's blog:

Russ said: As I understand it, there are no other changes to the core SERO plan. It will still be unlimited data.

Also, this is as funny as it is informative:

Question said: my current lines have the evenings start at 5 pm and have 3 any numbers free (incl landlines), can i keep these two important features on as i upgrade to the upcoming plan? it would be deal breaker to not be able to carry the current feature list. other wise it will be a downgrade rather than an upgrade.
Russ said: I think anytime you touch your account, there’s the risk that the concessions you’ve been given in the past will be called into question or simply accidentally removed. If I were you, I’d be hesitant to change the account.

cnvrtble98 said: I am wondering if I will be able to keep my "200 bonus minutes" that was applied by a CSR when I signed up for SERO because if not that might be a deal breaker for me since I use just over 500 a month and the extra 200 keeps me from paying anything.

Those with bonus minutes and stuff like pick 3...I wouldnt really worry unless you only call non-mobile numbers. This new add-on says it will include any mobile any time so you will be able to call all cell phones without worrying about minutes anyways. Look down your bill and figure out how many minutes you really use that are non-mobile. Of course I think some like there features just for the bragging rights alone, that is besides the point though. ; )

When I bought my blackberry 8330 around 2 years ago they made me switch from SERO to Everything Plus 500 (which was supposed to be the SERO replacement.) Is anyone else on this plan? It sounds to me thats what they are upgrading these plans to, but for only $40 instead of the 59.99.

Sprint will do everything to get you out of SERO. I love my sero on my TP 2. Played with iphone for a while, not impressed it at all.

i am guessing everyone here is willing to pay $120 a yr just so they can use a google phone. Now, the google tablet looks really cheap to me

robohomer said: i am guessing everyone here is willing to pay $120 a yr just so they can use a google phone. Now, the google tablet looks really cheap to me

Just a google phone? Try Android, or Palm or I am willing to bet when the new version of windows mobile comes out that will also be excluded. While WM 6.1 is okay it is really clunky and it is beginning to hit my last nerve. $40 a month for what we will get, tell me what an equivalent plan will cost on any other carrier not to mention the caps. Heck the equivalent on Sprint alone for the "common folk" is $60 at least.

cnvrtble98 said: .glad I stuck it out with this plan and did not get the Touch Pro 2! Now to go rub it in a few people's faces!

TP2 works with SERO (w/data plan). It's as far up the chain as you can go w/o losing SERO.. well, until this post.

What about the "America - Roaming Included" option from the early SERO plans, I know the later ones did not include this, they got free texting instead. I have used this many times, and it's saved me a bunch of money on roaming fees. I'd hate to lose it.

cnvrtble98 said: suavejazz said: Is it still possible to sign up for a SERO plan? If so can someone provide a link?
NO

Actually, I believe this is not completely true.

You cannot sign up for it using a referral code or through a website.

However, you can if you are a separating employees and their Advantage Club subscribers can sign up for SERO (Separating Employee Retention Offer).

Separating employees refer to you, who will be ending employment with Sprint.
Advantage Club subscribers are additional lines of service the Sprint employee had set up/ported over/transferred from existing Sprint regular accounts.

webender said: What about the "America - Roaming Included" option from the early SERO plans, I know the later ones did not include this, they got free texting instead. I have used this many times, and it's saved me a bunch of money on roaming fees. I'd hate to lose it.

Huh? I was a later sign up and got texting and also free roaming. I think all SERO plans had free roaming.

Really? sorry, a friend who signed up near the end was complaining to me about a ton of extra changes for checking email when he was roaming.
I based the lack of free roaming on his complaints.

I have SERO 500 with unlimited data, texting, and roaming. My bill is the same($30 + taxes) every month, never any surprises. I went a bit over 500 once, and had a few international texts, but I expected those extra charges. Roaming has always been free. I never even think about it.

But, I'm sick of my Touch (original), the phone with a mind of its own. This seems like great news. Can't wait for the real details come October.

I guess I will stay with the $30 plan. Their retail store offered me LG Rumor ($50 AR) w 2 yr contract, unlimited data and text, 500 minutes...at the same $30 rate. i use cell phone to check Fbook, email, this should be good enough 4 me.

• Archived From: ForumsDeal Discussion

• 1 2 34544
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014