ZZF gets even worse

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
ZipZoomFly is not known for good customer service, however they appear to have ceased all customer service operations entirely, and appear to be fraudulently avoiding payment on numerous rebates, as seen here: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ZipZoomFly

Short story, they will not honor rebates and are not cooperating with the company that administers the rebates they advertise. Their customer service is inaccessible by phone and ignores emails sent about rebates.

So, I would advise not purchasing anything from ZZF if there is a rebate involved and you want to get that money.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I concur. I don't do tons of rebates like I did in the past, but I recently noticed that I had an outstanding rebate ($15) for a DVD burner I purchased from ZZF in January or February. When I called the rebate house, they claimed that ZZF had not approved the rebates and advised me to contact them directly. They were slow in responding to my email and have not taken any noticeable action since I provided them with the additional info they requested (order # and date I submitted the rebate). I suppose that I can send a follow up email making mention that I plan to submit a complaint to the California Attorney General's office.
I, too, would recommend that anyone avoid doing business with ZZF.

Try the BBB, they have a A+ rating

ZZF CSR is absolutely terrible! I bet if you call now (or any time for that matter) all you get is an answering machine. I don't know if its a management change or something, but they used to be pretty decent. Now it's IMO even worst than eCost. After the mess from this last order I had with them, I will never do business with them again!

Pickngrin said: I concur. I don't do tons of rebates like I did in the past, but I recently noticed that I had an outstanding rebate ($15) for a DVD burner I purchased from ZZF in January or February. When I called the rebate house, they claimed that ZZF had not approved the rebates and advised me to contact them directly. They were slow in responding to my email and have not taken any noticeable action since I provided them with the additional info they requested (order # and date I submitted the rebate). I suppose that I can send a follow up email making mention that I plan to submit a complaint to the California Attorney General's office.
I, too, would recommend that anyone avoid doing business with ZZF.

I ordered from ZZF a couple of times and everything went well, but only had one ZZF rebate I can comment on. As above, earlier this year the rebate processor told me that ZZF had not approved the (different from above referenced) rebate and advised me to contact them directly. I called ZZF and the CSR told me she would look into it and contact me back. They wound up crediting my credit card used for the purchase instead of sending me a check, stating that would be the easiest thing to do. I got the rebate with a call, but did have to call ZZF as the rebate processor did not process the rebate. How many people don't keep up with rebates and get screwed (or get screwed like the famous 3dconnect through Buy.com rebate). Thanks for posing this topic and replies so I know not to trust ZZFs own rebates.

With all the social networking tools like Facebook and Twitter (and FW) that can easily distribute information like wildfire, I'm surprised ZZF is taking this stance. I ordered a CPU from them once a few years ago and they left it on the doorstep when I was living in an apartment. Someone could have easily stolen it -- I emailed them and asked that deliveries require a signature, and heard nothing. I didn't think customer service there existed back then, either.

Actually, it appears they are going under. Most of the products on the site are listed as "notify me". for example, go to the hard drive section and filter by Serial ATA hard drives. 80% + listings are "notify me" and not in stock.

They were great back when they were googlegear. Then they changed to ZZF. It has been all down hill since then.

ssstamper said: Try the BBB, they have a A+ rating

If the problems are fairly recent it may not show up on BBB yet. In my expereince it takes a month or two for the data to show up.

the problems are now new. Only worse now.

What sad news to hear. I'm surprised though since I haven't bought anything, or heard anything from ZZF for a long time. Last time when I bought a 1tb hard drive and 22x DVD Burner for $57 after rebates and eBM (must have been 2 years ago), I thought it was a smokin' deal and all three rebates worked great.

Thanks for the posts. I don't do a lot of shopping, but ZZF was always on my list - and never had any issues

I wouldn't have thought to reinvestigate them. But now I will just stay away

Thanks for the heads-up.

I read somewhere in hot deals about ZZF having problems but shrugged it off and didn't look into it. You really have to work hard to go from an 8.6 lifetime rating to a 4.0 six month rating, looks like some rebates weren't being sent out from purchases since March.

They also like to charge you 15% restocking fee on defective items if you want a refund. I had to fight with them to get my 15% back......

This is really laughable. Each time I respond to their follow up email requesting more info (yet again), I hear nothing. In the same day, I received 2 emails. One said that they never received the rebate confirmation email that they requested (which I did submit). The other said that they are going to refund the rebate amount to my Paypal account. Sounds good, but I'm going to wait and see if it happens.

Update: they have not yet refunded the rebate amount or sent any further email. Big shocker there, huh?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014