Best Washer/Dryer combo from black friday?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a home and i'm in desperate need of a new washer/dryer. I noticed that best buy and Home Depot have LG front loaded washer/dryers for $1000 to $1200 for the pair, but Sears has a kenmore brand front loaded for $600. Is Kenmore bad or something? Is LG worth that much more of a premium?

I know Best Buy lines can be bad, but how are Sears and Home Depot usually? I don't want to miss out. Thanks guys!

Edit: Forgot to mention i have a gas hookup, so i could go with either gas or electric!

http://www.blackfday.com/blackfday-sears.pdf

http://blackfday.com/blackfday.com-bestbuy.pdf

http://blackfday.com/blackfday.com-homedepot.pdf

Edit: I noticed Home Depot has a few other brands on sale too

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

i am looking for the same thing. i believe the lg one is steam that's why is more expensive

One of the nice things about Black Friday leaked advertisements, is that you can start researching potential purchases now. You may want to start your researching at consumerist.com and in the library by looking up back issues of Consumer Reports.

The Samsung steam washer and dryer is a very good deal at BB.

WashingtonState said: One of the nice things about Black Friday leaked advertisements, is that you can start researching potential purchases now. You may want to start your researching at consumerist.com and in the library by looking up back issues of Consumer Reports.

I'm pretty ignorant about washers/dryers, do these companies churn out new models every year? Just wondering if consumer reports would have them

TextPhokus said:
I'm pretty ignorant about washers/dryers, do these companies churn out new models every year? Just wondering if consumer reports would have them

Yes, they do. You need to determine what type of needs you have in a washer and dryer. This sounds as first home and first set of appliances. Do you have a s/o and children? If so you'd need something larger. I would suggest that single guy would need basic washer and dryer. Remember, the more bells and whistles either has, the more there is to breakdown and need repair$$. Generally CR rates appliances also in terms of frequency of repair which you should consider. Their 2010 Buying Guide (check if it's available at the library) rates front load washers top three as LG, Whirlpool and Frigidare. For top loaders they recommend Roper, Frigidate and Kenmore. Top rated dryers (gas) are GE, Whirlpool and Kenmore.

WashingtonState is right, more bells (Samsung, LG) = more things to break, and all my friends/families who got fancy Samsung/LG/Maytag front loading washers (6-7 now) had to replace within 2-3 years. So if you must make sure you get a robust 4-5 year extended warranty (offered by the manufacturer or the retailer, not some outside 3rd parties). I am going the Costco route, pay a little more, but if it dies in less than 5-6 years I am returning for a new one. Only bad thing about Costco is no delivery, but worth it to me.

According to Consumer report "Eight percent of front-loader problems were caused by mold or mildew. LG and Maytag were slightly more susceptible than most brands, according to our annual product-reliability survey" I think LG is reliable, quality and cheaper than Kenmore. Also Home Depot`s regular prices are pretty good.

comments found on a black friday site:

Samsung Steam Washer + Steam Dryer for $599/ea

.....November is quickly turning into the absolute best month for home appliance purchases. We've already covered Home Depot's Incredible Appliance Sale, but now Best Buy is jumping into the fray!

BestBuy has the Samsung 4.3 cu-ft Ultra Capacity Steam Washer (WF419AAW/XAA) and Samsung 7.4 cu-ft Electric Steam Dryer (DV419AEW/XAA) for $599/each. You can buy either separately or together as a pair!

Both of these regularly retail for $1100, bringing the total savings to $1200 on the pair! The washer got a Very Good/Excellent 80 rating from Consumer Reports; the dryer received an 82 Excellent rating.

You can save an additional $100 through rebate if you dispose of your old washer through a certified recycling center. For all of our Southern California visitors, the washer qualifies for a $135 SoCal Water$mart Rebate!

The Samsung Washer/Dryer from Best Buy compares well to the LG Electronics 4.2 cu. ft. Extra Large Capacity Front Load Steam Washer and LG Electronics 7.3 cu. ft. Extra Large Capacity Electric Steam Dryer at Home Depot for $599/ea. Home Depot also has 0% financing if paid in full within 18-months and Home Depot's "Really Free Delivery" (which includes haul-away).

For those looking for a less expensive alternative, Home Depot has Washers, Dryers and Dishwashers for as low as $198/ea during their Incredible Appliance Sale.

Please let me know what brand and model you get. My washer spinning thingamajig is going bad, the top half is not spinning. So i guess it is only a matter of time. My dryer is also gas. Thanks

had really bad experiences with LG and there is currently a class action suite for those machines

Sears had a Frigidaire set for 1300 for the set, both steam. Pre black friday sale. I picked it up. They're awesome so far. Maybe they'll have it again.

The best deal I see in these three stores is the Maytag on page 11 (Link). Don't buy the electric dryer and instead buy the Gas dryer because you're save a lot on your electrical bill compared to your gas bill. They have really good reviews everywhere you go and the price is steeply discounted.

Make sure you stop by the post office and get (two not one) mail forward packages. Get the 10% coupon for Lowes from those post office packages and Home Depot will match it. If you're an eBayer, buy The Home Depot gift cards or store credits at a 5 to 10% discount. Overall, if you are willing to put the time into it, you can get these two for $800 bucks. Good luck

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014